PDA

View Full Version : Come down with the Flu....Need advice

Pitfan04
02-02-2005, 08:13 AM
Well, I started getting bad cough yesterday and this morning I woke up to go the gym and threw up. My temp was 101.1, so I went back to bed to sleep till time for work. I took tylenol and got my temp down to 99.6. I am on Amoxicillin 500mg 3 times a day. Also take Alkacelcer (sp) Plus for Flu. Now here is my question....everything tastes HORRIBLE TO ME. I am on cycle right now, how do I keep my food intake high if I cant eat anything due to taste and fear of me not being able to keep it down. I am planning to continue to hit the gym, just not get to hot. ANy help is appreciated.

Holto
02-02-2005, 08:43 AM
well it's a catch22 if you continue to train you might prolong the illness

some folks will do a 4-5 month cycle and take two weeks off in the middle

so in your case I would drop the M1's for a week or two, depending on the half life your levels might take a while to drop anyway

Vido
02-02-2005, 04:46 PM
some folks will do a 4-5 month cycle and take two weeks off in the middle

idiots perhaps...

so in your case I would drop the M1's for a week or two, depending on the half life your levels might take a while to drop anyway

This advice is terrible. The flu isn't going to last forever. Stop training and eat whatever you can. When the food tastes bad to you, remember that you're throwing precious drugs down the drain if you don't eat. Even if you lose some weight over a period of a couple of days, it should just be fat anyway.