PDA

View Full Version : how long is too long to bulk...

zer06ame
02-02-2005, 02:53 PM
sorry if this is a stupid question, but i've been reading through the forums for about 2 weeks and haven't really seen anything about this, maybe i just missed the thread on it...
anyway
i was planning on bulking for the next 3 months then cutting, but would it be more benificial for muscle mass to bulk for a shorter time like 2 months then cut some then continue bulking? i'd think it wouldn't really make a difference other than add some more fat that you're going to have to lose...currently bulking for the past 10 days, i've gained about 4lbs, and i want to ultimately gain about 25lbs...
suggestions?

CiteCollegiale
02-02-2005, 03:01 PM
Some people will be bulking there entire lifetime. Bulk until you believe your bodyfat percentage is too high. It also depends on your goals. Some people can't stand being over 15% bodyfat etc.

andy51
02-02-2005, 03:40 PM
word^

AdmiralDan
02-02-2005, 04:19 PM
cite collegiale is right. bulk until you feel that you need to cut. depending on how you put on the weight, 3 months may not be long enough or it may be too long. you just have to see how you progress. the same goes for cutting. you should base how long you are in each phase on how your results are coming along

Vido
02-02-2005, 04:34 PM
Some people will be bulking there entire lifetime. Bulk until you believe your bodyfat percentage is too high. It also depends on your goals. Some people can't stand being over 15% bodyfat etc.

:withstupi

zer06ame
02-03-2005, 07:35 AM
yea, that's pretty much what i figured
hopefully in 3 months i'll have a decent amount more of muscle for cutting for the summer...figure i'll try and bulk every winter because, well, in Michigan, you don't wear anything but lots of layers and no one can really tell if you've gained fat :D