PDA

View Full Version : running and losing

Atomical
02-04-2005, 07:59 AM
Well I've been losing 1 lb every day for 10 days. I went from 204 to around 196. For the past few days I haven't been losing any with the same diet. I've been running 4 miles a day at 8:30 pace, and lifting weights for about 30 minutes every day. I'm going to try to run 5 miles today and see what happens. I think I'm slowing my metabolism down.

crazedwombat
02-04-2005, 08:11 AM
waterweight maybe?

AdmiralDan
02-04-2005, 08:15 AM
mabye you aren't gettingenough calories

Atomical
02-04-2005, 08:20 AM
I carb load before I go work out though. Breakfast is my biggest meal with 3 eggs, instant oatmeal, and two thick slices of panera multi-grain bread buttered. Afterwards I have a 270 cal carb/protein shake. Dinner is just green beans and chicken. I have green beans and a protein shake before I go to bed.

Holto
02-04-2005, 09:12 AM
you are losing either muscle or water along with fat

what are your goals ?

you seem a little frantic

basically you weren't losing weight before because your cals were too high

instead of cutting back cals a bit you started burning way too many

dissipate
02-04-2005, 09:26 AM
losing weight that fast... it sounds more like water weight.

ryuage
02-04-2005, 09:46 AM
I carb load before I go work out though. Breakfast is my biggest meal with 3 eggs, instant oatmeal, and two thick slices of panera multi-grain bread buttered. Afterwards I have a 270 cal carb/protein shake. Dinner is just green beans and chicken. I have green beans and a protein shake before I go to bed.

all that food would last me through .... to breakfast.... try eating more.

Atomical
02-04-2005, 01:08 PM
Is it possible to eat more and lose more? Or is that just a myth?

twm
02-04-2005, 01:13 PM
losing weight that fast... it sounds more like water weight.
So an 8lb loss over 80 days is water weight? I doubt that.

Dirt
02-04-2005, 01:36 PM
So an 8lb loss over 80 days is water weight? I doubt that.

You misread his post. He's lost one pound each of the last 10 days. Although it doesn't make sense because he has only lost 8 lbs. Regardless, it sounds to me like water weight. Furthermore, why are you weighing yourself every day? You do realize that your bodyweight will fluctuate hour to hour, day to day, etc. don't you? Weigh yourself once a week, come back and post a thread like this after you've tried dieting for a month. As I see it now you probably dropped 4-5 lbs in water weight and 1-2lbs of "weight" with a pound or two left over for day to day variance. So you lost 1-2lbs of weight in 10 days. Those aren't bad results.

twm
02-04-2005, 02:25 PM
You misread his post. He's lost one pound each of the last 10 days. Although it doesn't make sense because he has only lost 8 lbs. Regardless, it sounds to me like water weight. Furthermore, why are you weighing yourself every day? You do realize that your bodyweight will fluctuate hour to hour, day to day, etc. don't you? Weigh yourself once a week, come back and post a thread like this after you've tried dieting for a month. As I see it now you probably dropped 4-5 lbs in water weight and 1-2lbs of "weight" with a pound or two left over for day to day variance. So you lost 1-2lbs of weight in 10 days. Those aren't bad results.
Good call, my bad