PDA

View Full Version : effects of salt on vits

crazedwombat
02-04-2005, 11:58 AM
Ok, I'm wondering if having a high sodium count (since active people need more sodium than inactives) is good for slowing the progress of vitamins.

so I take megamen and my body absorbs what it can and I urinate the rest, if I had a higher sodium count I would retain more water instead of urinating most of it out so would that slow the process of the vitamins going through my body so it could absorb more or am I way off base?

I know a lot of sodium isnt good but will that happen for a higher count?

You all get what I'm asking?

jazer80
02-04-2005, 01:40 PM
no answer for your Q, but i take mega men and i take one in morning, then one at night. that'll defiitely help with absorpbtion. also i take with food, assuming that it slows down absorpbtion more. also mega men are time released, so that's a plus as well.

crazedwombat
02-07-2005, 06:34 AM
I was thinking splitting up the take in time, I think I will now

jazer80
02-07-2005, 09:50 AM
i love doing it that way. because they're timed release, and you further extend that by taking it w/ food, you greatly extend the time you have vitamins being released into your system, especially when you compare it to one a day vitamins that aren't timed release

crazedwombat
02-07-2005, 11:31 AM
i always took 2 in the morning and by noon most is making the urinal a flourecent waterfall. I feel pretty stupid to why it never occurred to me to split it up...