PDA

View Full Version : What should I do?

vvv
02-04-2005, 12:43 PM
What should I do?

22y/o. 159 Lbs 23%bf, 5'11

Should I bring my bf% to around 17%, ie, cut for a few months and then bulk or should I start bulking from now on?

Another question: If I workout for an hr everyday followed by 20-40mins of running or elliptical. Is that enuff workout for me to consume around 180-190 protein, 230 grams of carbs, 50 grams of fat for a total of ~2100 cals per day?

If the above eating habit is normal, how should I change my eating habits for either cutting or bulking phase.

If I should cut, what is the best cardio routine I should adopt? 20-40mins of cardio everyday? or circuit training every other day and cardio or the others.

Please help me figure out what I'm suppose to do. I really appreciate you time and effort in replyin to this msg.
Thanks.

Dirt
02-04-2005, 12:56 PM
What should I do?

22y/o. 159 Lbs 23%bf, 5'11

Should I bring my bf% to around 17%, ie, cut for a few months and then bulk or should I start bulking from now on?

Another question: If I workout for an hr everyday followed by 20-40mins of running or elliptical. Is that enuff workout for me to consume around 180-190 protein, 230 grams of carbs, 50 grams of fat for a total of ~2100 cals per day?

If the above eating habit is normal, how should I change my eating habits for either cutting or bulking phase.

If I should cut, what is the best cardio routine I should adopt? 20-40mins of cardio everyday? or circuit training every other day and cardio or the others.

Please help me figure out what I'm suppose to do. I really appreciate you time and effort in replyin to this msg.
Thanks.

It's your decision what you want to do. If you feel fat, cut. If you won't be upset putting on even more bodyfat on a bulk, bulk. It's hard to say because at your weight you'd be really skinny if you cut to 17% from 23%. So basically do whichever you feel comfortable doing.

Why are you lifting weights 7 days a week? You grow outside of the gym, not in it. Also, your diet is "normal" for you perhaps, but I could never eat that little. What I'm saying is, your diet is YOUR diet. If you are maintaining your weight with 2100 cals then either add cals to bulk or remove them to cut.

vvv
02-10-2005, 02:08 PM
sub question:

What is the purpose of flax oil? and when is it optimal to take it (bulking/cutting/both)? knowing my condition... is it advisable?

thanks

Dirt
02-10-2005, 02:18 PM
sub question:

What is the purpose of flax oil? and when is it optimal to take it (bulking/cutting/both)? knowing my condition... is it advisable?

thanks

1. A source of EFAs
2. Both
3. Good fats are always advisable to take

vvv
02-10-2005, 02:31 PM
how are EFAs god for ur health (is there a link)?
when would a person take flax oil? do u have to be working out or canu just take flax oil, ie, does flax oil help working out in anyway?

Thanks again

Dirt
02-10-2005, 02:38 PM
how are EFAs god for ur health (is there a link)?
when would a person take flax oil? do u have to be working out or canu just take flax oil, ie, does flax oil help working out in anyway?

Thanks again

1. There are countless links. Google "essential fatty acids" or "EFAs". Also try the search function on this page. There's no need to re-hash information already on the site.

2. You can just take flax oil. It doesn't help working out in any direct way. It's just a supplement you can take which happens to be a fairly good source of fat, which happens to be an important macronutrient for hormone regulation and production, etc.

I suggest actually researching this because you really don't know anything about flax oil or EFAs. It'd be helpful for you to get a good understanding and anything you want or need can be found on google or searching this forum.

Optimum08
02-10-2005, 09:19 PM
ya it would definetly be beneficial for you to at least have a baseline of understanding before asking questions...your questions will be a lot more productive that way...

vvv
02-15-2005, 02:40 PM
It's your decision what you want to do. If you feel fat, cut. If you won't be upset putting on even more bodyfat on a bulk, bulk. It's hard to say because at your weight you'd be really skinny if you cut to 17% from 23%. So basically do whichever you feel comfortable doing.

Why are you lifting weights 7 days a week? You grow outside of the gym, not in it. Also, your diet is "normal" for you perhaps, but I could never eat that little. What I'm saying is, your diet is YOUR diet. If you are maintaining your weight with 2100 cals then either add cals to bulk or remove them to cut.

Ok i have decided, I will bulk a first say gain 10 lbs and then start cutting to 160lbs with more muscle.

Is there a diet plan (grocery list that can help bulk). What is the best prot/carb/fat ratio that is suited for a bulk.

getfit
02-15-2005, 03:09 PM
Ok i have decided, I will bulk a first say gain 10 lbs and then start cutting to 160lbs with more muscle.

Is there a diet plan (grocery list that can help bulk). What is the best prot/carb/fat ratio that is suited for a bulk.
just look up what a body builder eats should help you