PDA

View Full Version : Need Diet Plan Links

DieselMeathook
02-05-2005, 01:03 PM
I have been training for 5 months now with positive strength gains but need to implement a real diet PLAN (not this looks good today approach). I am 40 years old, 6'0" tall, and weigh 190 - 195 lb. My body fat is about 23% (way too high I know).

I have been doing cardio (treadmill) for 30-45 min / 3X week also, but havent dropped any weight or body fat since I started training. I believe my lack of diet control is mostly to blame. :whiner:

My ideal diet plan would have me dropping 10 to 15 lbs in the next year and lower body fat to healthier levels (while improving strenth).

I see alot of diet plans in the journals here, but I would greatly appreciate advice from you experts that have been doing this for awhile.

Links to other relevant diet plan post (or websites with detailed diet plans) would be great.

Adam
02-05-2005, 10:54 PM
Just search the forums.
Theres tons of diet plans/strtagies available.

heathj
02-05-2005, 11:16 PM
If you need calories go to http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/foodcomp/search/

Cynical_Simian
02-05-2005, 11:28 PM
The search function is definitely your friend; nearly everything you'll need to construct a good diet has been covered in quite a bit of depth many times before. Figure out how many calories you need to be taking in to meet your goal and build a plan of 5-7 meals per day using the guidelines on macros, EFAs, etc. you'll find by doing some searches and reading some articles. Also, check out the sticky at the top of this forum for a good list of "clean" foods.