PDA

View Full Version : gained 7 pounds in a week

truest
02-05-2005, 01:53 PM
does it make a difference if i weigh myself in right after i ate? cause thatz what i did...and i gained 7 pounds in one week doing 2700-3100 calories a day...idk if i should stop lol ima get nervous man

wrestlemaniac
02-05-2005, 01:58 PM
of course it matters! Weigh yourself wearing the same basic clothes (it doesn't have to be exact but things like shoes and keys should either be on or off everytime you weigh yourself) at the same time of the day and usually not right after a meal or going to the washroom. That stuff has weight too man. Just try and keep all the variables the same basicly.

getfit
02-05-2005, 02:01 PM
just weigh yourself when you get up in the morning IMO

truest
02-05-2005, 02:03 PM
ight itz just odd that the scale went to 124 i was like "wtf" ill do it again later 2day, i was wearing different shoes and pants this time around so ill check to see the difference

truest
02-05-2005, 02:17 PM
do you think therez a weight point that i hit if i keep eating the same that ill balance myself out and stop gaining weight? almost like the weight im supposed to be

Vido
02-05-2005, 02:23 PM
do you think therez a weight point that i hit if i keep eating the same that ill balance myself out and stop gaining weight? almost like the weight im supposed to be

Yes, and then you have to eat more to keep getting bigger.

truest
02-05-2005, 02:34 PM
...also i took a test on some site and it came out as being that my body results come out as "mesomorph"

orbital
02-05-2005, 02:53 PM
If you are 124lbs, assuming you are not 4'10, I could be wrong, but I would say you are an "ectomorph" not a "mesomorph"

truest
02-05-2005, 02:56 PM
idk...my appearance will throw you off...i have a body frame that makez me look like im a thicker guy since i have broad shoulders...idk man im really confused but it'll be a lot more "sense making" when i weigh myself in an hour and see what my real weight is...im not scrawny btw...my frame is just odd for my weight

HahnB
02-05-2005, 02:59 PM
idk...my appearance will throw you off...i have a body frame that makez me look like im a thicker guy since i have broad shoulders...idk man im really confused but it'll be a lot more "sense making" when i weigh myself in an hour and see what my real weight is...im not scrawny btw...my frame is just odd for my weight

How tall are you, you must be a midget to look thick @ 124lbs.

You're obviously going to weigh more if you just ate. Listent to getfit and weigh yourself in the morning in the same type of clothing everytime.

truest
02-05-2005, 03:01 PM
im 5 5-5 6...this isnt my own opinion of myself...these are otherz opinionz of my appearance

getfit
02-05-2005, 03:05 PM
truest why don't you concentrate on your own opinion about yourself and your goals you want to achieve and leave the other opinions to the side on your appearance don't know what they've said but concentrate on you!

truest
02-05-2005, 03:14 PM
heh...thanx getfit btw my namez jose i noticed every1 callz me truest so im just dishin it out there for yall...thanx for all the advice yall have been giving me i know ive been a pain in the ass and forgive me itz just that i want to make the right strive before i move out to deleware in september...so like i said thank you for everything

Optimum08
02-05-2005, 03:17 PM
always try to keep the conditions the same when weighing yourself...i once weighed myself for fun right after a chinese buffet...i was 10 lbs. heavier then i usually am...not that i ate 10 lbs of food...but just saying it makes a difference...

truest
02-05-2005, 03:32 PM
re-weighed at 121 ppl...so 4 pounds lol

zer06ame
02-06-2005, 07:08 PM
yea, it matters when you weigh yourself
my weight usaully fluxates about 6lbs from morning to night
normally at 150lbs when i wake up and 155-6 before i go to bed
when you weigh urself, i'd do it in shorts and that's about it, get the closest to your actual weight

crazedwombat
02-07-2005, 06:36 AM
also, depends on how much water you're holding, 10lbs is a lot to gain, could be that you were fulled quenched to fully watered down...

Shao-LiN
02-07-2005, 07:25 AM
does it make a difference if i weigh myself in right after i ate? cause thatz what i did...and i gained 7 pounds in one week doing 2700-3100 calories a day...idk if i should stop lol ima get nervous man

Empty stomach vs. food in stomach.

If you want to weight yourself, be consistent. If you want to see how much you're losing, weigh yourself on an empty stomach in the morning every other week on the same day or so and vice versa for gaining.

Guido
02-07-2005, 08:42 AM
I always weigh myself just before I work out. Seems pretty consistent that way and probably pretty close to my average daily body weight. I just weighed my shoes, tee shirt, shorts and socks which is what I always workout in and just take the net weight. So always body weight - 2.2 lbs.

crazedwombat
02-07-2005, 11:30 AM
weighing in in the morning is the best time to weight in, weighing in just before you work out (unless its the first thing you do in the morning) is very inconsistent because it all varies how much you've eaten throughout the day and the times as well. its fine if you want a roundabout answer but for true consistency weigh in the morning.

gino
02-07-2005, 02:36 PM
Yeah, it matters when you weigh yourself. I gained 3 lbs during lunch a few weeks ago.

My work has these digital floor scales for shipping, and I weighed myself before I went into a catered lunch meeting. I ate everything in sight, and before going back to my office, I weighed myself again, and gained 2.8 lbs.

Canadian Crippler
02-07-2005, 06:27 PM
^Tis true. I weighed myself, then had 2 mcdonalds combos and a ****load of water, and put on 6lbs right there.

Shao-LiN
02-07-2005, 09:08 PM
I always weigh myself just before I work out. Seems pretty consistent that way and probably pretty close to my average daily body weight. I just weighed my shoes, tee shirt, shorts and socks which is what I always workout in and just take the net weight. So always body weight - 2.2 lbs.

Be a man, get naked.

SW
02-08-2005, 06:28 AM
If you are 124lbs, assuming you are not 4'10, I could be wrong, but I would say you are an "ectomorph" not a "mesomorph"

:withstupi

madwolf25
02-08-2005, 09:09 PM
Anyone know what to do if I'm on the Atkins diet and cant consume sugar, glucose and high glycemic carbs at all and I need to directly after a workout ????

Gr3mlin73
02-09-2005, 02:14 AM
I weigh myself one a month, straight out of bed and butt naked. Cant think of a truer way to check my weight than that....