PDA

View Full Version : Yakult

Vitalize
02-05-2005, 07:32 PM
What do you all think about this probio-drink?
I drink one everynight with my PS.
Do you think it is benificial to bodybuilding?
In fact does anyone here take it?

Adam
02-05-2005, 07:33 PM
LOL
It sounds like a funny name.
Whats it suppose to be?

fen2zla
02-05-2005, 07:47 PM
Yakult=fermented milk drink?

Vitalize
02-05-2005, 07:56 PM
Well I lifted this from the webpage :)
Yakult is a fermented milk drink that contains a very high concentration of a unique, beneficial bacterium called Lactobacillus casei Shirota strain. This bacteria was named after Dr Shirota and is exclusive to Yakult. It is pronounced as follows: Lack-toe-bass-ill-us case-e-i Shirota strain.

Each one of us has around 100 trillion bacteria in our intestines. Some of these are beneficial and some are potentially harmful to our health. To work efficiently our digestive system needs a healthy balance of beneficial and potentially harmful bacteria.

The unique beneficial bacteria in Yakult are strong enough to survive the journey through the stomach’s gastric juices to reach the small intestine alive, where they help maintain an ideal balance of beneficial bacteria. Each 65ml bottle contains hundreds of millions of these highly acid resistant bacteria, which are exclusive to Yakult.

My wifes grandfather swears by it. He had been farming for over 50 years and only started taking it a few years ago but since has never become ill.
My god the mans hands are the size of bananas ;)
Thought it might be benificial?
Let me know you thoughts.

fen2zla
02-05-2005, 08:06 PM
So I was right? Bonus point's to me. I was going to suggest that it could be a cult for yak's, but no.

I have seen it at the supermarket, but haven't been game enough to try it out yet. It's the thought of the taste of fermented milk that turn's my stomach. But I will grow some ball's and give it a go, one day.

Just checking out the website http://www.yakult.com.au/index.html and it look's like it's worth a try.

Vitalize
02-05-2005, 08:16 PM
Actually I was thinking along the same lines at first.
"No way am I putting that in me..I mean fermented milk YUK!"
BUT it has a strange but nice fruity taste.
You will be suprised my friend.

Vitalize
02-05-2005, 08:18 PM
Fen2zla yes you can have bonus points :)