PDA

View Full Version : Rope Push down form.

Hatred
02-06-2005, 12:12 PM
I have been messing around with this or a while now.
From what I can tell there are two schools of thought for these.

The form I use is keeping my elbows flared out and the upper arm stationary throughout the motion concentrating on holding them straight at the bottom for a few sec.

Others say to hold elbows in front of you which results in more of a compound movement IMO.

My form actually results in extreme weight reduction as at the bottom 1/3 of the movement moves the weights via straightening the rope.
which is correct? ("correct")

or more to the point which is used more popularly?

Manveet
02-06-2005, 12:28 PM
I would use the "elbows flaring out" method. However, with that said you should be keeping the "upper arm" area relatively stable.

Doobs
02-06-2005, 01:08 PM
Others say to hold elbows in front of you which results in more of a compound movement IMO.
Well it's not a compound movement (unless you're doing something real weird). I think either way is fine as long as you pull the rope apart at the bottom.

Hatred
02-06-2005, 01:25 PM
Well it's not a compound movement (unless you're doing something real weird). I think either way is fine as long as you pull the rope apart at the bottom.
Everyone I see doing them is using multiple joints, (ergo ,COMPOUND)
it is an isolation exercise I know but there are supposedly two versions of "correct" form.

Elbows in front I can use 120 on a station.
Elbows at sides I use 50..BIG difference and I can feel it in the tri's..

I guess I should have made a poll as this is more along the lines of what I was asking.

Most SLapdick jerkwads lean all over it and basically do a Narrow grip bench standing up.

BigE54
02-06-2005, 01:54 PM
Most SLapdick jerkwads lean all over it and basically do a Narrow grip bench standing up.
Whats wrong with that?

Hatred
02-06-2005, 02:10 PM
:scratch:

It is Incorrect.

the one
02-06-2005, 02:12 PM
any type of pushdown requires taht you keep your elbows tight against your sides