PDA

View Full Version : Ms. Decophile Revisited

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

Chris Rodgers
03-18-2002, 12:27 PM
Haha, it'd be funny if the peeps from work realized you posted 10,000 times on this board in the last few months, lol.

Blood&Iron
03-18-2002, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by Tryska

actually i gotta couple leptin questions.....would you be able to annswer them for me?
Maybe...ask and we'll see. If not, I'm sure Par Deus could.

Tryska
03-18-2002, 12:34 PM
well now mesmall that's a good point....my effort was made worthwhile. ;)

b&i ...incoming pm. :)

ElPietro
03-18-2002, 12:38 PM
why are you clothed?

those pics=too tame

Tryska
03-18-2002, 12:47 PM
bah. you expect me to get nekkid at work?

the doc
03-18-2002, 12:57 PM
haha...thanks mesmall. i appreciate the compliment.....tell you what i'll post one more....this one is kinda from far away tho...the camera was wierd...this one's from work too.....

ok it is official you are one incredibly sexy femme

:hump::hump:

the doc
03-18-2002, 12:59 PM
:drooling:

Tryska
03-18-2002, 01:04 PM
*lmao*

what the hell did you edit out doc?

and thank you evah so. ;)

ElPietro
03-18-2002, 01:05 PM
ah I forgot it's your home PC I get the live feed from...nevermind then. ;)

Tryska
03-18-2002, 01:06 PM
yeah..thanks a bunch for telling everybody my business assface. :rolleyes:

ps - your last check bounced.

the doc
03-18-2002, 01:12 PM
i had to add some humpies to the first one and change drool to drooling..lol

man you are really extremely H-O-T when your standing! You got an ace body! *blushes*

Your shoulders are wide, no? when you quit cutting they will support some very nice muscles!

ugggh i cant concentrate on my dissertation if you keep teasing me with your pics ;)

Marcel
03-18-2002, 01:14 PM
Hola Trys...you remind me of one of my favorite aunt's! Tu eres bonita!

ElPietro
03-18-2002, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by Marcel
you remind me of one of my favorite aunt's!

Bwahahaha...

*wonders how tryska will take that one*

Tryska
03-18-2002, 01:16 PM
haha...i always make the drool mistake too.

and thanks for the compliment, doc..you ahve no idea how good that makes me feel. and actually my shoulders, i guess are wide....i mean i can see a definite X shape in my physique..but the shoulder pads on that blazer were adding more to it. I'm gonna have to get a new black blazer, because that one's gotten too big for me, from what i see. which is a good thing i guess. *lol*

and sorry.....*puts on her disciplinarian glasses*

get back to work! tuttut :whip:

Tryska
03-18-2002, 01:17 PM
marcel... gracias, papi. ;)

*ignores LP*

Tryska
03-18-2002, 04:52 PM
wow. this eating stuff is kinda hard. i am soooo not hungry right now. i also cheated a bit, but whatever....the overage will do me good for a minute.

anyways....today was another bautiful day here in georgia...can't wait til stuff starts greening up, altho i really wish they would make the a/c cold, cuz it's hot right now.

went to the gym, and did some cardio:

45 minutes elliptical, endurance style.

diet:
m1: cottage cheese and flax
m2: eggs, scrambled w/hot sauce
m3: corned beef and cabbage; 2 sugar cookies (they had a party at work)
m4: blueberry yogurt
m5: leanbody low cabr protein bar

total cals: 1881

that' it. peace out!

the doc
03-18-2002, 05:00 PM
"i also heated a bit, but whatever"

what does this mean?

Tryska
03-18-2002, 05:26 PM
*lmao*

i corrected it. i can't type. hee hee.

the doc
03-18-2002, 06:04 PM
ahhhhh

i though you were somehow increasing your hotness :hump:

;)

Tryska
03-18-2002, 06:06 PM
*lol*

wooo, lemme tel ya it's hot enough down here as it is. and the a/c not workin right isn't making things better. ;)

blustring
03-19-2002, 06:32 AM
Looks like its going to be another beautiful day here in Georgia. It's supposed to get to 78 or 80 degrees today. I'm so excited. I think I'll wash my bike. Haven't been able to because it's been so cold.

Tryska
03-19-2002, 06:44 AM
it's been cold by you?

it's been gorgeous here since like last week. We've got rain coming finally i think. it's grey and overcast and a bit cooler today.

blustring
03-19-2002, 06:47 AM
Rain would be okay, the last couple days sure have been nice though

Tryska
03-19-2002, 06:58 AM
yeah...at least here in atlanta we need the rain....we're still in a water deficit from last year...

the doc
03-19-2002, 09:47 AM
you and the entire east coast

Tryska
03-19-2002, 09:56 AM
y'all are in defecit too huh?

it's making the river look ugly.

the doc
03-19-2002, 10:08 AM
basicly the entire east coast south of new york and north of FL
are in the worst drought since 1900

Scooby-Doo
03-19-2002, 04:26 PM
Yep, near philly even with the rain were still down about 10 inches.

heathj
03-19-2002, 04:35 PM
It snowed 2 inches up here...

Tryska
03-19-2002, 05:06 PM
well hot damn....the east coast is gonna wind up being a desert soon. that could be good right? *lol*

anyways...something should definitely be said for this eating stuff. had a real decent session at the gym today and did some treadmill walk/jog intervals that kickec my ass. i feel retarded right now. so here's how it all went down....

Chest/Tris:
assisted dips: 40x15; 50x12; 60x9
swiss-ball db flyes: 15x10x3 (this was a new one for me, so i went lighter than normal - it was surprisingly difficult too)
tri pressdowns: 40x15; 50x12x2 (apparently i'm getting stronger)
rope pulldows: 25x12x2 (it's been so long since i've done these)

Cardio: 15 minutes walk/jog 1on/2off. Byt the time i was odne with this i had sweat dripping off me (as unladylike as that sounds), and i kinda felt nauseous to, so that musta been good. I like the idea of doing this after my training. (not on leg day tho.:D)

diet:
m2: eggs and hotsauce; orange juice
m3: corned beef and cabbage
m4: chocolate milk! (i had a major chocolate craving this afternoon, and surprise of all surprises, macro-to-macro, the chocolate milk was actually a better bet then the yogurt i normally get from downstairs. wierd but true. and tasty too. ;))
m5: dinner salad w/ tuna

Total cals: 1892.

still a little shy of where i really wanna be, but i'm having a tough time fitting all this food in. can y'all see anywhere in my current meal habits where i could add something in? just 200 cals worth. perhaps 2tbsp of flax in the morning? or maybe one tbsp at night? any ideas?

that's it...peace.

Scooby-Doo
03-19-2002, 05:11 PM
200 more cals? um.. add a protien shake in there somewere :)

:thumbup: to strenght increases!

Tryska
03-19-2002, 05:41 PM
yeah..i was thinking that, but the problem there is the only time to drink it would be when i got hom from the gym..and if i do that there's no way i can make space for my salad for dinner. (like an hour later)

Scooby-Doo
03-19-2002, 05:57 PM
Ok... during what meals are you at home/work and when do you workout?

Tryska
03-19-2002, 06:00 PM
m1: home
m2: work caf
m3: work-brownbag
m4: work caf
****workout****
m5: home

Scooby-Doo
03-19-2002, 06:03 PM
What if you downed a protein shake before going to the gym? How much time between meal 4 and the workout? You could always just take an extra serving of flax if you get desperate.

Tryska
03-19-2002, 06:06 PM
btwn meal 4 and the workout is about an hour.

see what i mean? the schedule is tight..especially with the busses and stuff.

Scooby-Doo
03-19-2002, 06:08 PM
Yes it is. :D

I guess youll either have to take flax with meal 1 or meal 5 for those extra calories...

Accipiter
03-19-2002, 06:31 PM
Tryska, nice pictures! you look corporate.

Tryska
03-20-2002, 04:03 AM
thanks accipter. between 8-5 i am corporate. well some days. when i decide to dress up for work. but thanks! :D

scoobs....yeah....i went ahead and added an extra tablespoon of flax this morning....let's see where my count is at by the end of the day....thanks for the help. :thumbup:

Tryska
03-21-2002, 04:40 AM
well i was supposed to update this last night, but never got around to it.

anyways...it was a rest day, and that was cool. i still didn't get the extra sleep i wanted tho. *lol* got caught up in reading Eat Right For Your Type again. the more i look at this book, the more the premise makes sense to me.

anyways...yesterdays diet:

m2: scrambled eggs, orange juice
m4: leanbody protein bar, cookies and cream
m5: fruits and fibre cereal, with milk
m6: milk, whey, 1tbsp olive oil.

cals: 2058. :D

that's it......i'll be updating after back and bis tonight.

Sebi
03-21-2002, 05:31 AM
Haha... Cool combination this one:

m4: leanbody protein bar, cookies and cream

One more thing, what is olive oil good for?

Tryska
03-21-2002, 06:55 AM
actually..cookies and cream was the flavor of the protein bar. *lol*

olive oil is a great monounsaturated fat. contains lots of omega 6s and 9s. which your body needs, alongside omega-3s.

Sebi
03-21-2002, 07:07 AM
I see. It's not a common flavour I guess. *lol*
And thanks for the explanation.

xraygirl
03-21-2002, 02:48 PM
I do alot of cooking with olive oil. But then, most Puerto-Ricans do.
How are those Lean Body Bars? I usually get the carb/sugar free bars. Talk about high cardboard factor...as in taste! Yuck!!!
Is that Eat Right 4 Your Type about the nationalities or the blood types?

Jane
03-21-2002, 03:10 PM
The blood type book? You readin that Tryska?
Why? Give us a little taste of the logic, because I have racked my brains and can't figure out how that can make any sense. :)

Scooby-Doo
03-21-2002, 04:21 PM
Excellent! Glad you hit the magic number! :thumbup:

Tryska
03-21-2002, 05:07 PM
thanks scooby! I got even higher today...:D

x..yeah the leanbody bars aren't too bad. the low carb on was actually pretty good. protein diet is another good one. (that's actually my favorite) and this is the one on bloodtypes.

jane....well i ahd got it a couple years back on the advice of my massage therapis..she said it was a good read....so i was intrigued and picked it up. (i respect her opinion on alternative therapies..smart chick) anyways...i read through ti then, decided it was interesting, but bollox, andforgot about it. well over the years with my thyroid thing..and some other independent research i've been doing on lectins and neurotoxins, i've picked up some different ideas on what's healthy. so basically the premise of this guys theories are that each blood type has developed alongside mondern man's evolution from hunter gatherer to agriculturalist. type O being the first, Type A coming as we domesticated animals..Type B being the next, and Type AB being the newest. He believe the blood types evolved in relation to eating patters of the different groups. Also the blood types are sensitive to different lectins, mostly due o how they evolved..Type O being the oldest type, and based on a hunter/gatherer archetype, does better in a near ketosis state, and the muscle tissue actually fares better in a slightly acidic state.....they are better off eating a more paelolithic diet, and their systems don't adjust well to grain consumption at all.

however, type Bs popped up by the time agriculture wa sin full swing....they are much better suited to vegetarian type diets, as they don't process meats and high protein in quite the same way.

it's really interesting stuff...at east to me, as far as the various lectins and agglutinating factors go. i still haven't fully reread everything, becuase i just jumped straight to the Type O section, but i plan on a full re-read over the weekend.

so anyways..that's the logic.

Tryska
03-21-2002, 05:19 PM
okay...so i walked into work today, and there was another picture of jay cutler freakin taped to my monitor. I'm getting harassed now about my freaking collection of muscleman pics by cube neighbors. it's quite amusing. and i need to come up with a fiendish plan for some getback. :evillaugh

there was some sort of streetfair in the circular right outside my building today...all types of boothes set up, and a radio station playing cool music from the 80s and free food! so i go to check out the free food cuz hell..it's free....and it's liek..green salad (cool)....12 different pasta salads. and cookies. :rolleyes: how do people eat like this? it just struck me, as i watched these hundreds of people chowing down on this crap and i realized..they don't give a rat's ass. their not thinking about what they are shoveling in their mouths.....and this is what i was thinking to myself...when i got accosted by a giant hamster. who then turned around and wiggled his butt at me (speaking of rat's asses) well actually i don't know if it was hamster..but the guy was dressed up as some sort of rodent. i played it off but i was annoyed. heh.

anyways....this eating thing is kinda ace. i think my body's getting used to it..i was darn near hungry all day, and felt real warm too...so i'm guessing giving myself some food upped my metabolism some? it's also given me some serious energy for my workouts. Did back/bis today....

Cable Row: 50x15; 60x12; 70x10
Lat pulldown: 60x12; 70x12x2
Cable Curls: 25x12; 30x10; dropset - 30x10;20x5;10x5
Hammer Curls: 15x12; 20x12

finished off with some walk/jog cardio..which kicked my ass again....15 minutes, 1on/2off

by the time i left the gym, i was toast man. i was going to catch the bus...and i was about a block away from the busstop when the bus came...i didn't have it in me to run..so i had resigned myself to watching it go by and catching the next one. But the bus-driver was one of my favorites..and apparently i am one of his..and he made an illegal stop just to pick me up. :D. i was very pleased. *lol*

lastly...diet:
M1: cottage cheese and flax
m2: eggs and hot sauce; cranberry juice (won't be doing that again)
m4: chocolate milk :D
m5: dinner salad avec tuna.

total: 2112

damn, i'm wordy today. heh. peace.

Scooby-Doo
03-21-2002, 05:23 PM
mmmm... chocolate milk... :drooling:

Tryska
03-21-2002, 06:21 PM
it's yummalicious!

but i've gotta go with either juice OR chocolate milk from now on tho.

the doc
03-21-2002, 10:50 PM
But the bus-driver was one of my favorites..and apparently i am one of his...

you have that effect on people ;)

Tryska
03-22-2002, 04:47 AM
*lol* i guess.....he and i bonded when it snowed that one day this year.....talkign about long distance driving in upstate new york. ever since then everytime he sees me if i'm out walking he honks and waves. i feel so popular when i go to run my errands. *blush*

ericg
03-22-2002, 06:58 AM
speaking of snow; I hate it

that is all

Tryska
03-22-2002, 07:01 AM
:(

if it's any consolation, it was 28 degrees this morning....

Tryska
03-25-2002, 04:53 PM
heh. after bragging this past satruday about never getting headaches, god spanked me with one today. sooo...tonight is this week's rest day. *sigh* i'm doing pretty good, except i could really use a massage sometime this week. my shoulders are tight as all get-out. i've tweaked my eating a little bit to give this blood type diet a shot. basically means i'm cutting out dairy, since i don't eat much differently fromt he diet as it is. I'm also cuttign back on the eggs some.

anyways, here's today's diet:
m1: cottage cheese and flax (can't give this up tho)
m2: beef kebabs
m3: shrimp scampi and spinach&mustard greens
m4: hazelnuts, walnuts and dried apricot
m5: essene bread w/a little dab of honey butter
m6: small salad w/turkey (maybe)

Total cals: 2209

that's that. later.

jell999
03-25-2002, 04:59 PM
Lookin good....
Let us know how the diet change works out.

the doc
03-25-2002, 08:01 PM
m2: beef kebabs

where are you getting these?

Tryska
03-26-2002, 06:44 AM
pfft. handmade. i gotta handmake most everything so i know what's in it.

1.5 lbs organic free range ground beef
1 medium onion diced
1 large jalapeno pepper diced
jamaican curry powder
garlic powder
garam masala (a dash)
sea salt

mix it all up together, form into kebab like things (look kinda like poo) and dry-fry in a skillet (no oil).

the doc
03-26-2002, 06:58 AM
sound yummy
do you think it'll put hair on my chest?

Tryska
03-26-2002, 07:10 AM
hasn't put any on mine yet...;)

the doc
03-26-2002, 07:22 AM
hahah
nice one :)

Tryska
03-27-2002, 04:54 AM
well...had some other stuff going on last night and i forgot to update my journal....did a shoulder session last night:

Superset -
HS Iso Shoulder Press: 20x15; 30x15;35x10
Side Lateral Raises: 10x15x3
Upright Rows: 35x18; 45x16; 55x15
Front Delt Raises: 10x10; 20x6; 15x12

don't ask about the reps.....it wasn't on purpose...jsut had soem extra stress to get rid of. skipped cardio, because i had some stuff i needed to take care of at home.

diet:
m2: kebabs
m3: shrimp scampi and greens
m4: banana, walnuts, hazelnuts and apricots
m5: dinner salad

total cals: 2121

today's gonna be a challenging diet day.....i know i'm gonna have appetite issues....

anyways...that's that. peace.

Tryska
03-27-2002, 05:57 PM
argh. stress factor has jumped to 12-squared.

not happy, cuz it's been so long since i've been stressed liek this. all i wanna do is sleep.

anyways.....went to the gym and worked some of this pressure off:

45 minutes elliptical endurance.

also hit 11k steps on my pedometer today. i'm quite proud.

diet: kinda sketchy as i went out for lunch. made good choices tho.

m3: thai food - almond trout (definitely sticking with curries from now on) some steamed veggies, a couple spoonfuls of rice, and 2 thai teas. yum.
m4: skipped
m5: dinner salad with 2 hard boiled eggs.

and that's that. i need to deal with this stress headache now. :(

the doc
03-27-2002, 10:50 PM
"i need to deal with this stress headache now. "

today will be much better :)

Tryska
03-28-2002, 04:09 AM
heh. i certainly hope so. screwed up last night, and didn't eat m5. *sigh* getting back on my eating schedule today tho.

the doc
03-28-2002, 07:21 AM
hang in there kid!

Tryska
03-28-2002, 07:42 AM
thanks man...i'm doing my best. ;)

ElPietro
03-28-2002, 07:44 AM
Good girl. :)

smalls
03-28-2002, 03:34 PM
Tryska,
You rock.

Also thanks for the remarks on my recent posts. Didnt have a chance to respond before they were closed or bumped down.

Tryska
03-28-2002, 06:04 PM
aww thanks smalls! and thanks for posting in my journal.....ya know..you kill when me you swoop down out ofg nowhere always making sense. *lol*

*curtsies to el pietro* ( i feel like i have to with that comment.

I'm feeling a little more positive today....as things don't look quite so bad at the moment. they could be a lot better...but they aren't worse yet. :)

anyways...went to the gym preparing for leg dya, but i wound up having a deep heart-to-heart with front desk manager. we talked thyroid. it was fun. much more fun then the dya we met in the bathroom and someone's ass exploded and she vented to me about that and the vomit. :rolleyes:

so i did 25 minutes of interval cardio on the elliptical instead. 2 on/2 off.

diet:
m3: shrimp scampi and greens
m4: walnuts, hazelnuts and apricots
m5: dinner salad with eggs (i do intend to eat it tonight)

total cals: 2127. over a 100gs of protein. ace.

latex.

the doc
03-28-2002, 06:12 PM

latex.

the doc
03-28-2002, 06:12 PM
what are you doing with this ^

Tryska
03-28-2002, 06:41 PM
nothing unfortunately. :(

although you know what? that paint-on latex to make outfits with? is really really cool.

smalls
03-28-2002, 06:42 PM
Thanks trys,
I try to point out flaws when I see them. But I starting to realize a lot of my posts are negative so I've decided to be more posative. In daily life I'm probably the nicest guy their is, kinda funny.

PowerManDL
03-28-2002, 08:10 PM
T, you gave precedence to cardio over lifting? I'm ashamed of you.

The girl at your gym's desk isn't cute enough to talk to for that long.

Orange357
03-28-2002, 08:17 PM
Nice pics T.

the doc
03-28-2002, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by PowerManDL
T, you gave precedence to cardio over lifting? I'm ashamed of you.

The girl at your gym's desk isn't cute enough to talk to for that long.

lol

power what was your impression of tryska's gym

is it hardcore or wussy?

Tryska
03-29-2002, 04:02 AM
it's wussy. i'll tell ya it's wussy. *lol*

matt...i wasn't trying to pick her up f00! we were bonding.

orange....thanks man. :thumbup:

smalls...i know what you mean....actually it's so much easier ti unleash the negative energy here than it is somewhere in real life, but at the same time people's feelings get hurt. which is a shame, because it's really quite fun. :( incidentally, i don't thinkl they've been that negative. i mean, it's not as if you post for the sole purpose of abusing someone, you know?

the doc
03-29-2002, 08:57 AM
i think matt would like to imagine you were picking her up....lol

Tryska
03-29-2002, 08:58 AM
yeah..he's a freak like that.

the doc
03-29-2002, 09:00 AM
how's it going today ? better?

Tryska
03-29-2002, 09:04 AM
no. not really. i really really wanna just go to sleep and sleep all day, but i've got responsibilities, so i'm keeping myself busy with work. :(

the doc
03-29-2002, 09:11 AM
ohh very sorry!
I am kinda feeling the same- i think its aversion to writing this damn dissertation

anyhow, hang in there kid!

Yo also i just wanted to say i am way excited about coming to hotlanta (late may)
like this guy :clap:

Tryska
03-29-2002, 09:20 AM
yeah..i just got some stuff going on that's got me stressed at the moment. it's bound to resolve itself, but i'm just a bit worried over it.

anyways...yeah man..i'm excited that your coming down too....it's coming up quickly huh?

PowerManDL
03-29-2002, 09:28 AM
Pssh, its Friday, and the boss is gone, so I'll be damned if I'm working.

As for T's gym-- "tee hee"

the doc
03-29-2002, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by PowerManDL

As for T's gym-- "tee hee"

LMAO

the doc
03-29-2002, 09:35 AM
t- yea it is coming up soon - yippee!!! :clap:

I was thinking one of those weekends after the 11th
-18th, 25th, or 1st - I'm pretty sure my sis will be there the whole month- so whichever is coolest for you :)

PowerManDL
03-29-2002, 09:46 AM
What tha? Let me know when-- I can slide over for a weekend too.

Tryska
03-29-2002, 09:53 AM
my dad's in athens visiting my sister one of those weekends....so i gotta go there...I believe it's the weekend of the 25th tho. I'll talk to him and make sure, and we can take it from there.

and yeah..why not make it a party? we can lift, eat steak...and uhh....y'all can go hit the strip clubs. *lol* it's what everyone does when they come to town anyway.

the doc
03-29-2002, 09:55 AM
I'm only going to the strip club if you come with ...:)

PowerManDL
03-29-2002, 09:55 AM
Pink Pony! Pink Pony!

Hell, I'll bring my buddy Lee-roy with me-- he knows 'em all.

And let us not forget Motley Crue's famous line:

"Girls, girls, girls- Rockin' in Atlanta at Tattletale"

Tryska
03-29-2002, 09:58 AM
*lol* why is it guys always want chicks to come with? what's that all about?

the doc
03-29-2002, 10:00 AM
I have only been to a club twice
1) with 3 guys
2) with 3 guys and two girls (one was one of the guys girlfriends)

We were treated way better when the girls were with us by the staff ;)

Tryska
03-29-2002, 10:03 AM
is that right?

curious.

i've only bene to a strip club once, and it was with an ex-bf. we weren't there for the girls though. he had a *cough* business meeting *cough*

PowerManDL
03-29-2002, 10:04 AM
Ah, but you get treated best of all when you walk in wearing suits and throwing cash around like tic-tacs at a bad breath convention.

Then again, you also wake up and realize you spent 500 bucks. Oh well. It was a damn fun night.

the doc
03-29-2002, 10:07 AM
LMAO, yea power, that's true
I myself prefer the dancers to leave me alone - and not keep coming up to me for "personal attention". I dont like it because it is so fake- they only pay attention to you for money. I have a hard time taking them seriously...lol
when you have a female with you, they leave you alone :), and you can enjoy the stage show (amazing how flexible they can be)

PowerManDL
03-29-2002, 10:12 AM
Actually, it was the shot girls that broke us-- they look just as good as the dancers, and they give you a lap dance, letting you take the test-tube shot out of their boobies, then deep-throating it out of your mouth. They only charge 5 bucks, but after I got really lit I was just handing them 20's.

My buddy was the one tossing cash at Rebecca Wild, who was feature dancing. He gave her so much money that she sat with us (in his lap) between her dances. We had a nice conversation. Who knew porn stars were so interesting?

Tryska
03-29-2002, 10:13 AM
actually i'm glad you realize that doc. for the longest time i've tried to figure out either a. why a lot of guys can't see it for what it is, or b. if they do, they are okay with it.

i'm of the opinion that you are gonna have to do way more than rub on me mostly nekkid for me to give up my loot.

PowerManDL
03-29-2002, 10:14 AM
Its "b" with me-- I know those girls don't give a damn about me. It just makes for a good night out, is all.

Tryska
03-29-2002, 10:18 AM
yeah but you could do it for cheaper, and get some girl to rub on ya for free, i would think.

altho, i can see paying for the shot-girls, considering they beareth booze.

the doc
03-29-2002, 10:58 AM
yes the shot-girl idea is ok-

the lap dancers just give you a bad case of blueballs...lol

Tryska
03-29-2002, 05:53 PM
hah..i'll take your word for it.....

today wound up beign fairly decent....i was hella depressed earlier this morning....but some noon-time chocolate cake solved that issue. :D and 20 minuted of cardio this evening has got me feeing decent too.

diet today:
m3: chocolate cake :D
m5: steak, a sweet potato and a side salad. YUM.

tht's it. peace.

the doc
03-29-2002, 05:56 PM
yea!!!

glad your feeling better!!!! :clap::clap:

:)

Tryska
03-30-2002, 05:32 PM
hey thanks doc.

well today, my depressed ass slept in until 2pm. skipped legs, cuz i have a metting i need to put my best foot forward for on mondya. got my errands otu the way tho. ran into the apartment stalker at the grocery store and he gave em a ride home. which is cool cuz it's raining cats and dogs right now.

also lost another 2lbs this week. ace. eating more cals and the right kinda of food seems to be paying off. ;)

haven't eaten so hot today tho.

m1: oats
m2: a protein drink
m3: i'm aiming for some steak tonight.

by then it will be time to sleep. *lol*

that's it. peace.

the doc
03-30-2002, 05:34 PM
mmmmm steak

Tryska
03-30-2002, 05:37 PM
yeah...big steaks. *lol*

dunno how exactly to season them tho? i normally just use soy sauce and red pepper flakes.

got any ideas?

Scooby-Doo
03-30-2002, 08:26 PM
Um... try a marinade of A1 sause with a bit of lemon juice. :)

the doc
03-30-2002, 08:36 PM
hmmm missed ya there

I marinade my steak for ~10-15 min with a little soy, Some lawrey's seasoned salt, little garlic powder, and some freshly cracked pepper.
^ very ace ;)

the doc
03-30-2002, 08:36 PM
I have tried steak with steak sauce (which is good) but frankly i like it much better without

Scooby-Doo
03-30-2002, 08:38 PM
Hey doc, your marinade looks real good. :)

I may have to try it.

the doc
03-30-2002, 08:42 PM
cool :)

The_Chicken_Daddy
03-31-2002, 05:31 AM
also lost another 2lbs this week. ace. eating more cals and the right kinda of food seems to be paying off. ;)

Excellent. :)

Good luck with tomorrow.

Tryska
03-31-2002, 08:48 AM
well, the 2 pound loss still registers today, so i guess it's real, and i can officially consider my plateau cracked. :clap:

i wound up smearing the steam last night with some goya adobo (my answer to lawry's) and some butter. it was yummy. i also wound up having some rice spaghetti with tomato sauce ont eh side, which was damn good too.

i also stayed up and finally watched snatch last night. ace movie. and now i know what a pikey is. *lol* oh i also had some ezekial bread with peanut butter. that was damn good. but i'm not really supposed to be eatign peanut. oh well.

Franco
03-31-2002, 08:55 AM
Good work T!!!

Hehe, yep Snatch is ace movie

Tryska
03-31-2002, 09:05 AM
hee hee. it was fran. i had no idea y'all brits had such bad-ass domestic gangstas. america doesn't. all our really good gangsats come from other places.

Tryska
04-02-2002, 04:48 PM
my god am i tired. i dunno if i'm not getting enough sleep, or enough good sleep or what...but i feel like i'm constantly in deficit. i'm still hanging in there tho.

did a real light leg session today..i need my legs for the next ouple of weeks, and can't really afford to be hobbling around. also tossed in some cardio cuz i felt guilty:

Legs:
Walking Lunges 12x12x4
Extensions:67.5x12x2; 60x15
SLDLs: 40x12x2; 45x12

Cardio: 15 minutes walk/jog intervals, 1on/2off

Diet: this needs a little tweaking because i went to the gym today feeling stuffed. and it showed when it came time to do cardio. I was cramping like crazy. i think perhaps i've got finiosh eating pre-workout a little earlier then i ahve been, and choose lighter foods from now on.

m2: tuna cutlets
m3: ground beef and rice
m4: walnuts, hazelnuts and dried apricot
m5: dinner salad with eggs.

that's that.....latex.

the doc
04-02-2002, 05:41 PM
which meal was pre workout? I try and eat at least 1 hour before working out-preferably more... otherwise i'd have some serious stomach problems especially with all the water i drink whilst working out...

how is the other stuff going??? I'm sure this is effecting your sleep.

Tryska
04-02-2002, 05:49 PM
eh...so-so. and yeah..it's def got me stressed.

the nuts and dried fruit were pre workout...but i think it's cumulative heavy food.

the doc
04-02-2002, 05:53 PM
dried fruit will be very dehydrating and difficult to digest, could be leading to cramping ....

I used to eat nuts preworkout without any problems

Tryska
04-02-2002, 05:57 PM
i normally do too. that's why it's so wierd. i still feel all bloated and heavy now. i think it's the other foods. perhaps the rice. although, it's only a half cup.

the doc
04-02-2002, 05:58 PM
hmm how much earlier did you eat the rice and beef- did you chug a lot of liquid with that?

Tryska
04-03-2002, 05:18 PM
hey...i didn't even see this last night.....anyways...i had eaten it about a hour ana half before hand. and i alwyas drink a lot of water. today was much better. i actually skipped the tuna cutlets earlier in the morning, and i'm feeling much more like normal now. i just think it was too much food. I'll have to go simpler next week and stick with straight protein, and vegetables. nothing too exotic.

today was an endurance cardio day....45 minutes elliptical trainer.

diet:
m2: skipped
m3: ground beef and rice
m4: walnuts, hazelnuts and dried apricot
m5: dinner salad with egg ( i actually skipped this last night in favor of a bowl of spelt flakes and soy milk with a banana)

that's that...peace out.

the doc
04-04-2002, 01:02 AM
glad your feeling better :)

I finished today :) I'm feeling better!

Tryska
04-04-2002, 04:20 AM
you finished?? :clap: yay! congrats man. how did everything go?

and thanks....nothings changed, but it's bound to eventually, right?

the doc
04-04-2002, 09:17 AM
well i only finished the dissertation :)
i have to defend on the 16 th still :)

and things will turn out ok :)

Tryska
04-04-2002, 09:24 AM
oh...i thought you had to defend this week. my bad. i got confrewsed. But you got the defining summation of your educational career out of the way, right? ;)

the doc
04-04-2002, 09:34 AM
yes i did :clap::clap:

Turned it in to the professors today, albeit 1 day late. Frankly if anyone hassles me then either a )they can go fuk themselves or b) i'll put my foot up there ass :evillaugh:

must toke then sleep rest of day. Gonna train later to workout stress :)

Tryska
04-04-2002, 09:42 AM
ace. nighty-night. :)

Tryska
04-04-2002, 05:05 PM
decent day today....i've been makin connects, not breakin connects. also, i am getting a car within the next week. it's a total beater, but i'm getting for about a grand at most, perhaps only 600. with a payment plan as well. and car repair lessons thrown in. :clap:

twas chest/tris today:

incline db press: 25x15; 30x12x2
assisted dips: 40x12x3
Superset-
OH tri press: 45x12; 40x15x2
Tri Extensions: 35x15; 40x15x2

Cardio - Treadie, walk/jog: 2/1, for 16:30

Diet:
m2: bagel, link sausage
m3: ground beef and peas
m4: hazelnuts, walnuts, dried apricot
m5: dinner salad with egg.

that's that..latex.

the doc
04-04-2002, 10:21 PM
"i've been makin connects, not breakin connects"

-word!

MonStar1023
04-04-2002, 10:23 PM
Tryska-
My girlfriend is doing each bodypart around twice a week, 1-2 exercises each bodypart, 3 sets of 20 each. Shes doing freeweight exercises but doing 20 reps per set. Is it possible for her to build bulk? Shes so afraid of getting muscular like a guy etc.

:help::help:

the doc
04-04-2002, 10:32 PM
her muscles will grow much much less than a mans

only with steroids will she start to look like a man

Tryska
04-05-2002, 03:59 AM
exactly. she's prolly either overtraining, or not doing enough intesnity to even build anything, i'm betting. she needs to not worry about that.

Tryska
04-05-2002, 05:05 AM
*sigh*

today is gonna be a rough day, and i have no idea what it holds.....but i'm working on the assumption that at the very least it's gonna be a rest day, as i don't anticipate going to the gym.

anyways, my parting thought is this:

"when a door closes a window opens."

Paul Stagg
04-05-2002, 06:15 AM
Hang in there kid.

Tryska
04-05-2002, 06:27 AM
thanks paulie. i appreciate it. :)

the doc
04-05-2002, 07:21 AM
well, i have had days like your having now before. Where i didn't want to get up and knew it was going to just be all around unpleasant

Indulge yourself in a few creature comforts ;)
Do something that you like to do- watch a movie or something... help get your mind off it :)

adversity definitely has its place in life though- without experiencing the bad its hard to appreciate the good

like paul said though :)

Tryska
04-05-2002, 01:29 PM
hee hee. I had sugar. :D

just went out to lunch with a friend of mine. we went to applebee's and i decided i was gonna get dessert today....so dessert was a white chocoalte walnut brownie with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and maple syrup frosting topping somethign or the other on it. It was YUMMY. She just sat there laughing at me, cuz she knew i'd be bouncing off the walls once i was done. (i am.) Actually after i was done with that, it wa slike we were both high. I dunno what we ate in our respective meals, but we started trippin'. We came up with an elaborate movie script about breast milk, and we were just sitting there giggling. Like loudly. And for a long ass time.

god that was fun. I feel quite good right now.

PowerManDL
04-05-2002, 01:33 PM
You dirty bastard. I just got back from LoneStar myself. Had a nice big steak. And a hot waitress that gave me her number without me asking. I like lunch.

MonStar1023
04-05-2002, 01:34 PM
Damn DL.. big pimpin baby. :eek::eek:

MS

Tryska
04-05-2002, 01:57 PM
hey! I had steak too!

it wasn't longhorn quality steak, but it was still okay. fair to middlin. it's applebee's. *shrug*

Tryska
04-08-2002, 05:25 PM
well alright then. this daylight savings time stuff is a kick in the pants. oh yeah..and i need more sleep. Did some moving and shaking in the office today.....should be an interesting week.

anyways.....today was endurance cardio day.....45 minutes, elliptical.

diet:
a wee bit unorthodox, but it's all within my little plan, and of course the highest quality food that can be had ;)

m2: franks and beans
m3: turkey on pumpernickel bagel, caesar side salad
m4: chef's sald w/ turkey, ham and bacon.

total: 2200 cals.

that's that. peace out.

Tryska
04-10-2002, 06:39 AM
didn't get around to updating my journal yesterday.....but anyways..it was back/bi day:

Assisted pullups: 40x12; 50x10x2
HS Row: 50x15; 55x12; 60x12
Bicep Curls: 15X12; 20x12x2
Cable Curls: 20x12; dropset 20x12; 15x12

HIIT Cardio day, 15minutes walk/jog

diet:
m3: steak and sweet potato
m4: walnuts, hazelnuts, apricots
m5: dinner salad w/eggs

total cals: 2200

developed a weird pain yesterday evening from right at my groin kind of radiating down to around my knee. not sure what's up with it, but it was really bad this morning. shawn said it was some muscle (longest muscle in the body) and gave me a stretch to do for it, but it feels almost like the bone, or a tendon or something. not quite the muscle. feels better when i massage around my knee cap, although the hitch is more where my leg connects to my pelvis. perhaps i need a hip replacement. woohoo. :rolleyes:

peace.

Tryska
04-10-2002, 05:30 PM
rest day today. I have got to get sleep earlier...i am an ADD mess at work when i don't and i spend 8 hours being distracted by everything that is not work. which sucks, because I've ctually got a mess of stuff to do. *sigh*

anyways.....diet:

m1; cottage cheese and flax
m3: sushi! :D, and miso soup with tofu and scallions, and some tempura (3 pieces, one onion, 2 sweet potato)
m4: granola bar
m5: chefs salad

total cals: 2045

Sebi
04-10-2002, 10:33 PM
:) Tryska hits Japan...

sushi is ace...
miso is ace...
tofu is ace...

...but tempura? :eek: Is there low fat tempura?

Tryska
04-11-2002, 04:15 AM
fat does not concern me....certain carbs concern me. *lol*

altough tempura technically has some of those carbs in them, it was 3 pieces, so i wasn't particularly concerned.

The_Chicken_Daddy
04-11-2002, 07:35 AM
How come you haven't been tracking weight loss lately? (Or is it something i've missed?)

Tryska
04-11-2002, 07:38 AM
well i stayed the same last week. i'll know if that's hormonal or not quite soon, but now that i'm off the pill again, my cues need to readjust. :rolleyes:

anyways...i'm down 4 from the plateau and holding.

The_Chicken_Daddy
04-11-2002, 07:41 AM
are you still doing the cardio?

Tryska
04-11-2002, 07:48 AM
why yes i am.

the doc
04-11-2002, 11:24 AM
off the pill?
any particular reason? (that you wouldn't mind everyone seeing...lol) ;)

the doc
04-11-2002, 11:25 AM
you're probably bloating up for your next cycle no?

Tryska
04-11-2002, 11:41 AM
*lol*

you sound like a husband doc.

anyways....i got off it cuz i was jsut too exhausted all the time on it. I don't remember it being like that the last time, but i was in the throes of my thyroid failing at that time too and going to sleep at like 6pm, so who knows. But yeah, tired, moody, foggy feeling, and i just didn't feel in touch with my self. the best way i can put it, is i felt like some vibrant party of me was being stifled. (does that make sense?)

and yeah....the timing is right for bloat.

the doc
04-11-2002, 12:21 PM
heh heh

if i was a husband i would be :cry: as i would have to do something now... ;)

Tryska
04-11-2002, 12:35 PM
:confused:

what? not get on my bad side? *lol*

the doc
04-11-2002, 12:41 PM
no silly

i mean i would have to be responsible for the birth control...lol
... cause we cant stop doing it ;)

Tryska
04-11-2002, 12:43 PM
*lol* if i was married it would be NFP.

the doc
04-11-2002, 12:44 PM
oh but you trust that enough? It has a high failure rate

Tryska
04-11-2002, 12:50 PM
yeah, i do actually, because i chart regularly anyway. a woman is either fertile or she's not on any given day of the month. y'all are fertile all the time, but a woman's cycle, has a "fixed pattern" if you will. Once you can read that pattern it's easy.

Tryska
04-11-2002, 01:22 PM
*deletes cack's post*

Cackerot69
04-11-2002, 01:22 PM
lol sorry.

Tryska
04-11-2002, 05:14 PM
don't let it happen again.

alright..today was a fairly decent day, sitting in limbo. georgia is greening up again, which is exciting cuz i was getting sick of winter trees. and there is the real nice smelling purple flowering thing bordering my deck, and it smells yummy, and i've got the screen door in the bedroom open so i can smell it while i sleep. heh.

anyways....did shoulders today:
superset-
side lateral raises: 10x12x3
hs ohp: 20x12x3
shurgs: 25x15; 30x20; 50x12 (haven't done these in so long..next time i'm starting off with 50)
rear flyes: 10x12x3 (never did these before. they were cool)

followed up with some HIIT - 15 minutes walk/jog - 2/1

got cat-called by a lesbian and her posse of male furniture movers that were removing the racks and stuff from my now defunct (:() grocery. lovely.

diet:
m3: steak an sweet potato
m4: granola bar and pumpkin seeds
m5: dinner salad with eggs

that's it...hasta.

the doc
04-11-2002, 06:01 PM
the purple flowers are really yummy smelling- the vined ones right?

also remember your quite sexy so a rude call or two will happen every now and then ;)

hang in there kiddo!

Tryska
04-11-2002, 06:03 PM
*lol*

i hate em doc....i''ve hated them ever since they started back home.

and yeah...i wanna call the purple flowers wisteria...but i don't think that's what they are...i'm not really sure. always near pines tho.

as for hanging in there...i think i'm a shoe-in for what was discussed last weekend, but the budget hasn't been aproved, ergo, i'm still in limbo. :rolleyes:

Tryska
04-15-2002, 05:43 PM
woo. first day of my little vacation. i haven't taken a break in a long long time. like over 2 years. any time i have taken a break, it's been to travel, and that's never really relaxing. anyways, went to the gym around 11-ish this morning. just did some endurance cardio:

45min, elliptical.

and that's about it......

oh yeah..i took a nap too. that was fun, and basically just started on my spring cleaning. cooked too.

umm...

m2: protein smoothie
m3: steak and some fresh pineapple and watermelon
m4: chicken curry and rice ad beans
m5: protein shake

total cals: 1965

that's it. peace.

Tryska
04-17-2002, 05:55 AM
forgot to update yesterday with my sissy lifts but here goes...

did chest/tris yesterday:

incline db press: 20x13; 30x13; 40x10
HS Iso Bench: 20x12; 30x12;35x12
Assisted Dips: 20x13; 30x12x2
BTH Tri Extension: 10x12x3

i dunno if i'm gettign weaker, or it was jsut a tired day...who knows.

no cardio yesterday....i think i've got either a pulled quad or groin muscle, that i've been ignoring, but i've decided to go a little easy, also my knees have been quite tender from all the treadie jogging. so i'm takign it easy for a bit. walked about a good deal yesterday morning, so i'm countign that as my cardio.

diet:
m2: chicken curry, rice and black-eyed peas
m3: cheesesteak, some chips and a soda (let myself get too hugnry yesterday, and made some sucky decisions)
m4: pineapple
m5: toast with honey butter

all in all a pretty sucky diet day....it's cuz my schedule is all off. I'm gonna have to work on that.

the doc
04-17-2002, 06:18 AM
girls have groin muscles?

Tryska
04-17-2002, 06:23 AM
pfft. yeah, but i dunno how else to explain, don't know the name of the muscle but the one that runs like right from your groin down to your knee? the longest muscle in the body.

except it doesn't hurt on the the inside of my knee....it either hurts like right in the groin area, if i move my leg a certain way, or down around the outside of my knee, like it radiates there, so it could be a pulled quad too. dunno, either way i gotta rest it, cuz this has been going on for over 2 weeks now. it's gotten better tho.

the doc
04-17-2002, 06:40 AM
ok i dont know the name but know what your talking about ;)
I've used my heating pad with great success on muscle strains

heat followed by bengay or equivalent = :)

hope you feel better!

the doc
05-01-2002, 07:00 AM
oi!@

are you still lifting woman?!?

The_Chicken_Daddy
05-01-2002, 07:31 AM
I really hope she's moved from that phase and actually started lifting metal weights now...

Tryska
05-01-2002, 07:47 AM
Yeah i'm still lifting y'all....*lol* i took last week off to repair all my various tears, and bangs and sore joints etc, etc.

anyways, did back/bi's yesterday.

I have been really having difficulty sticking to my eating schedule. matter of fact, i've been sucking at eating lately. And that showed last night in the gym.

I kep getting dizzy after each set, because i hadn't eaten nowhere near enough by the time training rolled around. of course this also means i couldn't progress. here's the lifts:

Lat Pulldown: 50x12;60x12; 70x12
HS Row: 50x14; 70x12; 80x10
Preachers: 17.5a12; 20x12; 25x4-20x4-10x4 (dropset)
DB Curls: 15x12x3

so yes...i'm back on schedule for lifting, i just need to get back to eating every 3 hours for at least 2000 cals a day.

blustring
05-01-2002, 08:02 AM
Don't feel bad, my eating has been way off since last Thursday. I ended Thursday afternoon with an amazing leg and bi session, then went on an drinking binge for 4 straight days. I ate almost nothing for those 4 days, but I drank like a fish.

Tryska
05-01-2002, 09:00 AM
doh! that kinda sucks. I'm not even drinking tho. *lol* if i was i wouldn't feel guilty about my lack of calories. anyways, yesterdays post-set dizzy spells have definitely re-inforced my need to be eating more regularly. I'm working on it. :)

the doc
05-01-2002, 09:08 AM
time to start bulking woman!

the doc
05-10-2002, 07:47 AM
bump for more cals
ok that week off is over, time for some squats woman! ;)

Tryska
05-10-2002, 07:55 AM
*lmao*

actuallt i have been training, i just haven't been eating all that hot, and i switched purses and kept forgettign to bring my journal. *lol* so i have no idea what i've been pushing.

the doc
05-10-2002, 08:00 AM
oh no!!

:cry:

Tryska
05-10-2002, 08:01 AM
hee hee. i'll be back on track soon enough.

the doc
05-20-2002, 06:49 AM
bump for an update on your test/dbol cycle "not nattie";)

Allie
05-20-2002, 03:40 PM
anyways....i got off it cuz i was jsut too exhausted all the time on it. I don't remember it being like that the last time, but i was in the throes of my thyroid failing at that time too and going to sleep at like 6pm, so who knows. But yeah, tired, moody, foggy feeling, and i just didn't feel in touch with my self. the best way i can put it, is i felt like some vibrant party of me was being stifled. (does that make sense?)

How has this worked out for you? I'm kinda in the same situation, but can't really see getting off of my OC's so I have toughed it out for two months on a new pill and hope this month gets better :rolleyes:

Tryska
05-20-2002, 09:00 PM
i quit taking it. it wasn't essential, and now that i'm off i feel back to the happy me. It's definitely been better. I'm NEVER doing that again.

and doc...*lol*...haven't grown any new parts just yet. ;)

the doc
05-20-2002, 09:13 PM
yo i just thought i'd mention that my ex-woman absolutely hated the pill. She was even more of an emotional wreck then before (as you can imagine). Also complained of breast swelling/nipple pain.

SO anyhow glad to know the happy (and fertile) you is back...lol!

the doc
05-20-2002, 09:13 PM
i think she used it for ~8 weeks

Tryska
05-20-2002, 09:22 PM
i was on for about 8 weeks too.

the doc
05-20-2002, 09:34 PM
maybe you guys have already high estrogen levels ?

Tryska
05-20-2002, 09:44 PM
nah...i think it's the effects of progesterone.

Jane
05-23-2002, 04:47 PM
Hey Tryska! I'm looking forward to seeing regular entries in this here journal of yours :) I hope you can get back into it soon :nod:

Tryska
05-23-2002, 06:57 PM
so yes....i finally trained and brought my journal to the gym with me.

I've switched up to a push/pull routine as some of you know...and at least today went well:

Smith Machine Bench: Bar+20x12; +30x10x2 (not sure how much the bar really weighs...any one know?)
Hack Squat: 95x12x3 ( i really should have warmed up first, and didn't even think about it. also i'm working on new equipment, so i think i'm gonna go light next time to get my form totally right....these were barely parallel)
Assisted Dips: 40x15; 50x12; 60x10
Superset-
OHP: 20x12x2
Side Laterals: 20x12x2
Crunches: 50
Rev Crunches: 50

diet:
m1: oats, banana, soy milk
m2: myoplex lowcarb shake
m3: soy crisps
m4: dinner salad with eggs and turkey

that's it...late!

ElPietro
05-23-2002, 07:08 PM
Good girl. :thumbup:

But what's with this smith and hack bs! tuttut

Tryska
05-23-2002, 07:33 PM
well the smith was cuz i have no spotter.....and being the weakass i am, i'm quite scared of going heavy, which i have to do cuz of the routine, and getting my ass stuck under the bar (cuz i do fail on bench quite easily)..as for the hack..it's what i always use. it's hits that ass you like so much better then anything else i've tried. ;)

ElPietro
05-23-2002, 07:39 PM
Don't mind me darlin' it's good to see you trainin again. :)

the doc
05-23-2002, 07:44 PM
well the smith was cuz i have no spotter.....and being the weakass i am, i'm quite scared of going heavy, which i have to do cuz of the routine, and getting my ass stuck under the bar (cuz i do fail on bench quite easily)..as for the hack..it's what i always use. it's hits that ass you like so much better then anything else i've tried. ;)

Ditch the smith for DB presses.

Are you doing deep hack? If not then deep as-low-as-you-can-go squats will work your ass like you've never known before

The smith machine bar has a net weight of zero

Glad your back in the game tina~!

oh and check your pm :p

Tryska
05-23-2002, 07:47 PM
db presses instead you think? I can do that.......except i may have some issues going heavier then 20 lb dbs because my wrists are weak as well, but i guess that will all come with time.

and yes...the hacks are deep as hell. which is why they hit it....plus, again..my fear of getting stuck under the bar. *lol*

ElPietro
05-23-2002, 07:56 PM
yes dbs would be much better...i agree with doc...ditch the evil smith machine...

the doc
05-23-2002, 08:11 PM
Ditch the hacks for BB squats in a squat rack or power cage
Do the OH press like this guy also --->:strong:

;)

the doc
05-23-2002, 08:12 PM
and what do you mean your wrists are weak? :scratch:

have they been previously injured?

Tryska
05-23-2002, 08:17 PM
nah...i'm keeping the hacks. i like them.

and my wrists are weak cuz i'm a weak ass pansy with weak wrists.

the doc
05-23-2002, 08:26 PM
well,

A man (or woman) has got to know his limitations

lmao@ "weak ass panzy with weak writst"

and your not such a panzy if your doing deep hacks ...
lol most in my gym go to around 45 deg

Pup
05-23-2002, 08:41 PM
I still think you need to BB squat, but do what ya want *shrug*

the doc
05-23-2002, 08:54 PM
we'll have to keep working on her pup
She'll come around sooner or later

Tryska
05-23-2002, 09:17 PM
well doc...my lower body, beign typiclly female is much stronger then my upper body. not that it's an excuse, but that's just how it is right now. using the hack and taking supporting the bar on my upperbody out of the equation, i'm able to go much heavier then i would if i was bb squatting. so right now i'm going for maximum wear and tear on those legs.

the doc
05-23-2002, 09:27 PM
That is a good point and i understand what you are saying. However, when i first started to bb squat, It was guaranteed that my back would fail out before my legs. It took me many months to finally get it switched around, so that my legs were failing first and not my back. During this time of back failure i used the leg press to fail out my legs.

Now I am getting good progress on BB squats but it took some investment of time to get it down. Just some food for though... would it be a good idea to do some lighter bb squats after your heavy hack worksets.. to get the movement down. THe mechanics are superior to the hack i believe. Not that you should necessarily pursue this but if your situation changes it would be something to consider :)

xraygirl
05-24-2002, 12:39 AM
Actually, I would do the BB squat first with just the bar to warm up the legs, back, etc...and strengthen the upper body. Then finish off with the hacks to fatique the legs. I do almost the same thing. I'm up to 95lbs on the squat, but use the leg press (200lbs) to fatigue the legs afterwards.
I also agree with the guys who said lose the Smith machine. If you don't have a spotter for the bench press, use db's instead. Like you, I started off with seriously weak wrists along with weak everything else :rolleyes:. Trust me, your wrists will get stronger. Okay, I'm done :D

Tryska
05-24-2002, 02:15 PM
actually x - on occassion i do just that...warm up with the bar, then move on......but i like the idea....of course yestrday i didn't warm up at all and my quads hated me for it. hee hee.

anyways..today was pullday...and this was pretty good too. I'm at a new gym tho, and i'm trying to orient myself with the equipment and trying foreing pieces otu and gettign used to them......so hopefully it will be smoother by my next sessions....one thing i do like is that they have molded barbells...those are fun.

Pull:
SLDLs: 40x12x3
Stepup/Lunge: 20x12 each
Icarian Row: 30x15; 40x12x2(didn't like this machine..definitely prefer the HS Row to this one...it felt clumsy because it's got an x-bar kinda thing goign on.....might just switch back to a regular cable row)
Standing Pullover: 40x12; 50x10
Lying Pullover: 20x12
Calf Raises: 155x15x3 (had to do this on the leg press as they didn't have the horizontal seated leg press...annoying)
Seated Curls: 20x12x3

that's that......

diet:
m1: macadamia nuts
m2: chicken and rice
m3: myoplex low-carb shake
m4: lemon pepper fish
m5: dinner salad

Paul Stagg
05-24-2002, 02:55 PM
Young lady. Do I need to come down there?

Push:

Squat
Bench press OR dip
OH Press (barbell or dumbell)
Side laterals (if you insist)
french press
Crunch

Pull:

SLDL
Chin
Row
Shrug
Curl

Reps/sets as you like. Since you are going to have 5 straight days to recover, you can push the volume/intensity if you like. Fooking work hard. Really hard. So hard people get nervous around you, and go back to the cardio area.

Use the power rack.

Also, one other suggestion, is to alternate the days.

Tryska
05-24-2002, 02:59 PM
you don't think i need calf raises paulie?

ElPietro
05-24-2002, 03:02 PM
WTF are you doing stepup/lunges for? Especially on Pull day...they are a pushing exercise...you did push yesterday remember. Do as Paul listed here...which I believe is similar if not the same as what we sorta worked out in the other thread.

Drop the pullovers...and wtf are Icarian rows? :confused:

It's good that yer training again, but drop the lame exercises and work yer butt off...I'd also like to see a few sets each workout in a lower rep range...get out of this 12-15 rep mentality...

ElPietro
05-24-2002, 03:03 PM
just saw yer other question...i'd still do calf raises...

Tryska
05-24-2002, 03:07 PM
actually i did 1 really light set so that my DOMS wouldn't get in the way of the motor abilities i'll need for work tomorrow. i'm not a total retard your know.

and Icarian rows are like the Hammerstrength row machine, the one were you can move the arms independently, but the machine is built funky and i don't like it.

Paul Stagg
05-24-2002, 03:15 PM
Calf raises are fine. Put them on push day.

I like pullovers. If you do, keep them. Keep the other two pulls, though.

Remember, reps/sets as you like (12-15 is fine, IMO) - push your limits.

My post is just a reminder to keep this nice and simple, nice and basic. The more stuff you get into to try to limit what you are working (hack to not tax the lower back, for instance), the less effective this routine will be. You want to work as much of you as possible with each lift.

Tryska
05-24-2002, 03:18 PM
yeah...i like pullovers...but the simplicity you suggest is exactly what i had in mind.....it would just take a couple tweaks to do that.......

Paul Stagg
05-24-2002, 03:24 PM
Changeing your mindset to work your body as a system, as opposed to working it as a collection of parts, can be difficult. It was for me.

Staying simple/basic will force the change.

Tryska
05-24-2002, 03:27 PM
thanks for piping up paulie.....i'm gonna tweak your way next week. All in all i quite like this type of split, so now it just needs some refining.

Paul Stagg
05-25-2002, 03:52 PM
Like I wouldn't pipe up.

Tryska
05-25-2002, 07:33 PM
hee hee.....good point. :thumbup:

the doc
05-26-2002, 03:12 PM
he's piping paul stagg

Tryska
05-26-2002, 07:30 PM
that sounds like a wrestler name.

the doc
05-26-2002, 07:38 PM
i was thinking more along the lines of a pan flute player

Budiak
05-27-2002, 02:28 AM
With hard nipples.

Tryska
06-01-2002, 10:17 AM
*lol@paulie'sn nipples*

anyways....let's do a little recap of these weeks session.....

eating was shite, but training was passable:

Push-
Squat: 90x12x3
DB Press: 30x12; 40x12x2
OH Press: 20x12; 25x10x2
French Press: 20x12x3
Crunch: 100

Pull -

Doc came into town and we trained together yesterday. It was awesome and he taught me a few tricks too. I enjoyed myself and learned how to use straps. I'm so butch.

anyways....
SLDL:40x12; 50x12x2
Assisted Chins(Curl Grip): 60x12x2; 70x12
BB Row: 45x12; Yates Row: 45x12x2 (like these way better)
Trap Bar Shrugs: 70x12; 50x12x2
Curls: 25x12x3

ps - doc is one cool-ass mofo ;)

the doc
06-01-2002, 08:23 PM
[BPull -

Doc came into town and we trained together yesterday. It was awesome and he taught me a few tricks too. I enjoyed myself and learned how to use straps. I'm so butch.
###yourn such a size queen ;)
###being a butch should fit in well at your gym ...lol... the LGBT crowd seems well represented there...lol

###now woman get yourself some straps now that your hardcore. Experiment with that trap bar and some some straps for your legs instead of bb squat. or use dumbbells (DB squat)

anyways....
SLDL:40x12; 50x12x2
Assisted Chins(Curl Grip): 60x12x2; 70x12

BB Row: 45x12; Yates Row: 45x12x2 (like these way better)

Trap Bar Shrugs: 70x12; 50x12x2
###remember the trap bar may weigh as much as 40 lbs as well so you were really shrugging around 100-110 lb
Curls: 25x12x3

***ok now notice on all of these you have done 12 reps
next week you need to move up on the weight on all of these exercises

ps - doc is one cool-ass mofo ;) [/B]

you are a cool-ass jamf (jamf = jive-ass mutha fuka)

I very much enjoyed our training session and social activities :D
next time we need to schedule some cardio :hump:

seriously though your gym was really cool!

also, i was thinking some more about how to achieve your goals
i have some ideas i'll run across you when i get home

Reinier
06-02-2002, 03:55 AM
lol@ this journal

Tryska
06-02-2002, 07:36 AM
hey doc...question for ya.....those two guys that were training in our little corner by the rack.....did they seem like ambiguously gay to you as well?

anyways....bring the ideas on...i'm up for anything....

the doc
06-02-2002, 09:29 AM
oh yes definitely

they werre practically feeling each other up
or
it was some of the wierdest spotting for legs i've ever seen

Reinier
06-02-2002, 10:22 AM
lmao

Tryska
06-02-2002, 11:27 AM
*lmao*

exactly. i was sitting there thinking, damn..they are awfully physically comfortable with each other. the light-haired one is a trainer, and i get funky not-so-straight feelings off him. the other one seemed pretty cool..but my gaydar didn't go off...well not til the ass-slapping started anyways.

Paul Stagg
06-06-2002, 11:40 AM
Ass slapping? Where do you people train???

Any notable updates, young lady?

ElPietro
06-06-2002, 11:50 AM
Tina perhaps your journal belongs in general chat? tuttut

Get back at it! :swear:

Reinier
06-06-2002, 11:56 AM
hardcore buttspanking

the doc
06-06-2002, 01:28 PM
paul half the gym was gay (not including me)
the other half was female...lol

PowerManDL
06-06-2002, 01:38 PM
I think Tina may be in for a filthy message on her answering machine if she doesn't update soon.

Tryska
06-06-2002, 05:45 PM
damn y'all....here i am! :hello:

did my push session today.

well wait...lemme back up.....due to my schedule change, i have been eating horribly processed fast food lately. my digestive system did not appreciate. i mean it's been like...YEARS since i've eaten some of the crap i've been eating....so i had major digestive drama for a few days, thought i might have cancer.....and went on juice fast for 2 days. (yesterday and the day before). It was awesome, if not a we bit scary because i found it is easier for me to not eat, then it is for me to eat, and that i actually enjoyed the feeling of not having anything at all in my system. this is a dangerous new toy. anyways....i got back on real food last night.

so today's diet so far:
m1: coffee with half n half. prune juice chaser (might as well get every last bit out)
m2: hamburger (homemade on sprouted wheat bun)
m3: myoplex strawberry shake mixed with OJ and half a banana
m4: huge salad waiting for me turkey, eggs, some tofu, and chickpeas

so anyways....onto push session - i took doc's advice and lowered my rep range a bit:

Trap Bar Squats: barx12 (warmup), 50x12; 80x8; 90x6
DB Bench: 25x12 (warmup) 50x6x3 (nearly took out my larynx on the last reps of the last 2 sets)
OH Press: 25x8; 30x6x2
French Press: 30x6x3
Crunches: 100

followed up with 15 minutes HIIT on the elliptical.

that's that...tomorrow is pull day followed by a massage. :D

Jane
06-06-2002, 06:52 PM
Yay! :clap:

That salad sounds good. You're almost making me like vegetables again...havent had any in over half a year. :eek:

the doc
06-06-2002, 10:53 PM
How you liking those trap bar squats? Did you get some straps yet?

So are you gonna be on with your regular eating again? :)
not eating will shut down your metabolism ;)

Tryska
06-11-2002, 08:42 AM
yes eating is somewhat regular again.....sort of. until i'm sitting at a desk all day again, it's not gonna be all te wya normal tho.

and jane..shame on you! vegetables ar eyummy and good for you...you should eat them more often. *lol*

okay...let's rehash 6/7/02s Pull session:

SLDL: 40x12 (warmup); 60x12; 80x8x2
Assisted Chins: 90x10; 80x6x2
Yates Rows: 65x6x3
Shrugs: 60x12; 70x8x2
Curls: 25x12 (had to cut the session short, cuz i was running late to my next appointment)

anyways..that's that....peace.

Relentless
06-11-2002, 09:34 AM
What's a Yates Row?

Tryska
06-11-2002, 09:37 AM
underhand-grip barbell row, as opposed to overhand?

Relentless
06-11-2002, 09:46 AM
Hm; cool.

I may try that grip on my t-bar rows today, see how it feels.

Actually, I'm surprised you're not doing more weight for them, based on your other back lifts. I've found that pulling-motion rows have progressed faster and easier than pull-down/up motion stuff... maybe it's just me though.

Anyway, good to see you lifting heavier/shorter sets - My wife finally made the switch to lower reps/higher weight last week as well; it's about time.

I was a little confused to see 100-rep crunches instead of weighted ab work though; why not train your abs the same way you're training everything else?

The_Chicken_Daddy
06-11-2002, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by Callahan

I've been using that grip on supported T-bar rows for months. It's great :)

Jane
06-11-2002, 03:56 PM
My vegetables and I have some issues. ;)

Tryska
06-12-2002, 07:19 AM
Originally posted by Callahan
Hm; cool.

~~~I found it so much more comfortable then a standard row, and with the grip change i was able to go about 10lbs heavier.

Actually, I'm surprised you're not doing more weight for them, based on your other back lifts. I've found that pulling-motion rows have progressed faster and easier than pull-down/up motion stuff... maybe it's just me though.

~~~~I just started doing BB rows two weeks ago. I'm still getting my bearings. Also, remember it's the 3 lift, after SLDLs and Chins...i'm pretty tired by then, but mostly i'm still trying to figure it out. I did fail at 6reps tho, so i'm presuming for last week that was an excellent weight.

Anyway, good to see you lifting heavier/shorter sets - My wife finally made the switch to lower reps/higher weight last week as well; it's about time.

I was a little confused to see 100-rep crunches instead of weighted ab work though; why not train your abs the same way you're training everything else?

~~~~I dunno...never done weighted ab work, but those 100 reps didn't do much of anything for me, in soreness or DOMS, so apparently that wasn't a shock to my system...so why not. (i've just incorporated abwork again after not doing them for what...a year and a half? (nice to see my abs are pretty strong regardless)

xraygirl
06-12-2002, 04:18 PM
Hey T, have you tried cable crunches? I do them standing. Just put the rope attachment on the cable machine and curl away.

Tryska
06-13-2002, 05:38 AM
nope....but i can give that a shot.......we've got this weighted ab machine at my new gym that i've been curious about two. also some medicine balls, so i might play around today.

the doc
06-13-2002, 07:34 AM
get in there and fuk it up woman!!!!
:strong:
:thumbup:

ElPietro
06-13-2002, 09:25 AM
:withstupi :whip:

Tryska
06-14-2002, 07:28 AM
heh.

guess who almost puked yesterday? it wanted to come up but i wouldn't let it. and it's not cuz i had food in my stomach before i started either. ;)

anyways:

push!
trap bar squats: 95x10; 115x8; 125x8
db bench: 50x6x3
oh press: 30x10; 40x5x2
french press: 30x6x3 (why is it i can do 60a12 on pressdowns and barely half that on french presses?)
wieghted crunches: 15x25x4

10 minutes HIIT.

ElPietro
06-14-2002, 07:50 AM
guess who almost puked yesterday? it wanted to come up but i wouldn't let it. and it's not cuz i had food in my stomach before i started either. ;)

Congratulations! When did you realize you are expecting? Who's the father? :D

Excellent db pressing btw...

Tryska
06-14-2002, 08:10 AM
heh.....if that were true..this would be the second coming, and the virgin thing is a technicality. *lol*

anyways..thanks man!

the doc
06-14-2002, 08:31 AM
yo tryska, you have GOT to weight one of your dumbbells as i am certain that they are 5-7 lbs light or my gym's are 5-7 lbs heavy! :omg: