PDA

View Full Version : Ms. Decophile Revisited

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

the doc
06-14-2002, 08:33 AM
oh yea ace workout!
did you get straps yet? :whip:

as for being able to pushdown more than french press, the pd machine has pullys and thus your load is much less for that exercise vs free weight

Tryska
06-14-2002, 08:37 AM
i did some digging on the dbs.....they actually are the right weight, but the grip on them makes allt he difference in the world. and yes...i did in fact get straps. bought some yesterdya as a matter of fact.....i need to softent hem up tho.

Budiak
06-14-2002, 08:28 PM
HA! Remember that movie with the ex-convicts who scared all of the lifting straps into being productive citizens?

The best was where the dude with one eye, the triple murderer made that one hardcore strap cry. That little strap bitch thought he was all badass, but he wasnt JACK. I loved the scene where they made all of the straps put their shoes in a pile.

Or when they locked the straps up for the night. It was awesome.

I think it was called 'Scared Soft'. Its a classic. They showed it unedited on network tv a while ago, you should go rent it, maybe your straps will learn something.

Tryska
06-20-2002, 03:12 PM
oh i'm working them over budiak.....all it takes is a little :whip: and the occassional :indian:. sometimes i unleash :ninja: but he always wants to cut up. pretty soon those straps will :bow: to me tho. yes they will.

had another gloriously nausea-inducing session today. it was ace. if you are wondering what happend to last weeks pull, it got pre-empted by a highly uncharacteristic 4 hour nap/earache combo. took a 2 oz shot of wheatgrass on satruday tho, and knocked that impending biatch out. good stuff, that wheatgrass.

anyhoo....today's push:

Trap Bar Squat:115x8; 135x8; 145x8 (i'm way stronger i guess then i thought. actually i got complimented by a trainer that wa sback in my area...this one is a big diesel-lookin marine with really short hair - oh and she's female. :eek: but she told me i was pulling nice weight there. I think i might have to respect her considering she's in a sea of trainers that recommend 20-30 reps to "tone" your muscles.)

DB Bench: 50x6x2; 50x4 (don't think i didn't say a very naughty cuss word and throw the dbs around when i couldn't squeeze out those last 2 reps. I did.)

OH Press: 40x6x3 (I actually failed on that last rep at 5, but after my issue with the bench I got very upset, and insisted on squeezinfg out that last one, goddammit.)

French Press: 30x7x3 (i increased a rep..try to go for 8 but that wasn't happening. when i get to 8, i'm upping the weight. I was still pleased tho.)

Weighted crunches: 15x25x4

5 minute warmup on the elliptical, chased the pull with 12 minutes HIIT.

Stumbled over to the front desk for some water after that, only to be accosted by Mr. 30 reps to tone...he asked me what i did, i showed him my journal, he said that's not enough! That's nothing! I contemplated vomiting on him. nuff said. over and out.

the doc
06-20-2002, 06:37 PM
wheatgrass?

yuk!
lol

nice workout girl! Way to go on the trap bar squats. I think you should send out lots of love to whomever showed you what a trap bar was :angel:

hehe;)

the doc
06-20-2002, 06:39 PM
who is mr 30 reps?

Tryska
06-20-2002, 07:11 PM
oh,....great idea mark!

I'd like to send lots of love out to doc for showing me what a trap bar is and giving me the idea to use them for squats. thank you. thank you very much. :hello:

oh and "Mr. 30 reps to tone".....heh. remember that puerto rican girl trainer i was telling you about? well i decided to amuse myself by asking the various trainers for tips. SO i asked one of the "better" trainers what would be the fastes way to cut:

him: what you need to do is a fullbody workout 4 times a week.
me: yeah? what's the rep range on that?
him: you should 20-30 reps.
me: really? i'm doing 6-8 now..
him: do you wanna put on muscle??
me: yeah...as much muscle as possible.
him: but you'll get bulky!
me: no i won't man.....i'm a chick, i don't have the testosterone i need for that.
him: yeah, you're right a woman won't put on a lot of muscle without some help, but what you should do is tone. 20-30 reps, and you'll make the muscles hard, but they will be small. that's what you want.
me: well thanks for your input. i appreciate it. :hello:

then i went and had a good chuckle with one of the guys who know's the deal.

oh...here's another good one i heard, (not from a trainer):
weighted crunches will build your abdominal wall and make the muscle stick out under the fat. (said to a lady who wanted to get her abs tight again post-pregnancy and does a billion crunches everyday)

this is ever so amusing.

captain piddles
06-21-2002, 02:32 PM
awsome workout !!!:thumbup:

big
06-21-2002, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by Tryska
him: do you wanna put on muscle??
me: yeah...as much muscle as possible.
him: but what you should do is tone. 20-30 reps, and you'll make the muscles hard, but they will be small. that's what you want.

Sorry to spam your journal. I have nothing to do. I could go to the gym twice a day if I though it would help. Anyway:
I edited out some stuff in your conversation. What a ******* retard, I hate PT's. You should have punched him in the face.

Tryska
06-21-2002, 04:12 PM
thank you cap'n! :D

big.....i'm favoring puking on his shoes. hee hee.

ok..today's pull:

SLDLs: 80x8x3 (time to up this one)
Assisted Chins: 80x8x3 (time to up this one too - upped it 2 reps from the week before last)
Row: 65x6; 75x6x2 (upped 10lbs from last time)
BB Shrugs: 75x10; 85x12; 105x8 (having difficulty finding a 6 rep weight for this apparently - or DBs don't translate well to BB)
Curls: 30x6x3

15 minutes on the treadie.

that's that...y'all have a good one!

the doc
06-21-2002, 07:51 PM
Yea woman! Love seeing you progress :strong:

*sniff, sniff* I'm so proud of you :cry:

SO are people giving you wierd looks cause you're using the straps? hehe

pretty soon you'll be done with the assisted chins machine!

PowerManDL
06-21-2002, 11:32 PM
Stumbled over to the front desk for some water after that, only to be accosted by Mr. 30 reps to tone...he asked me what i did, i showed him my journal, he said that's not enough! That's nothing! I contemplated vomiting on him. nuff said. over and out.

Tell ya what......you cover my titty bar addiction, and I'll drive over there and give him a PowerMan nijaing.

Reinier
06-22-2002, 03:49 AM
AAAAARGH i mofoing hate that PT
promise me youll do something to him so mean so nasty that ill never regret I posted this

Tryska
06-22-2002, 09:26 AM
doc......*lol* i know! i was thinking about the chins last night....i'm gonna be ready ready to graduate soon.....deep. and no..there were these 2 football player types doing shrugs with the trapbar next to me, while i was doing my rows, with the straps..apparently one of them's grip was failing on the amount he was shrugging, and i overheard his buddy tell him "he should get some straps like that girl has." I think i'm scaring some of the regulars with my intensity now tho. heh.

dl.....well i do carry a lot of singles. *lol*

reinier.....i'm using subtle tactics to end the brainwashing these retards are doing.

Tryska
06-27-2002, 03:08 PM
w00t!

i'm a beast.

well okay..i just aspire to beast-dom, but here's today's workout:

Push!
Trap-bar squat- 145x8; 155x6x2 (finally found a good 6 rep weight)
DB Bench - 50x6x2; 50x8 (i got my boy to spot me on that last set, because i fail at 4 every time - turns out with dbs i am going way to low, so i'm tiring myself out before i should be. I think i'm switching back to bb for a while to get my form right)
OH Press: 40x6x3
French Press: 30x7x3
Weighted Crunches: 14x25x4

that's that..late.

Jane
06-27-2002, 03:14 PM
Nice squat, Tryska!!
:strong:

Tryska
06-27-2002, 03:29 PM
hee hee...thank you ma'am!

Tryska
06-28-2002, 03:49 PM
damn...i dunno what is up, but this new routine seems to be agreeing with me....I'm making more gains then I've seen in a long time. I progressed in everything in way or another on this weeks pull. It's kinda crazy.

let's see:

SLDL: 90x8x3 (upped weight and reps)
Assisted Chins: 80x10; 90x6x2 (and doc....i was doign these and one of the sales guys saw me, and said soemthing about my grip...another one piped up that that's the best grip to do them with, and all of a sudden i got 2 sales guys and a PT cheering me through the set - it was pretty cool)

Yates Row: 75x6; 75x8 (w/straps); 85x6 (i'm gonna stay at 85 for a bit.....i dunno if it's cuz i was tired or water, but i could see my left side form looking kinda shoddy...strength imbalance?)

Shrugs: 105x8; 115x8x2
Curls: 30 x8x3

that's that.....i'm gonna chill out now and possibly take a nap....cyaz.

Scooby-Doo
06-28-2002, 08:07 PM
:thumbup:

PowerManDL
06-29-2002, 02:16 AM
Tina, I'll be over that way around the 26th or so of July... If I can stay sober for a bit, I'll be more than happy to go lift and give the
"know-it-all" trainers their once-over. They got all happy when I DL'ed over 3 plates at your last joint; I'll be more tha n happy to create worse uproar at your new place.

Tryska
06-29-2002, 08:20 PM
hee hee...that should be loads of fun matt.

there are officially 2 i like..the rest can rot in hell.

errr sorry...3 i like.

Marcel
06-29-2002, 10:17 PM
Damn, Tryska you are strong! Keep up the good work! :)

the doc
06-30-2002, 12:23 AM
power with the trainers at her new gym you'll probably be hit on or they'll try and "spot" you by grabbing her ass...lol

its a good gym though

Tryska
06-30-2002, 08:29 PM
*lmao*

hilarious. i'm digging the gym too..only thing they don't have which i miss is a seated legpress.

and marcel...thanks man...i'm trying. :)

scoob....:hello:

Tryska
07-02-2002, 08:24 AM
well let's talk about my somewhat half-hearted attempt at keeping a regular schedule and diet:

yesterday -
AM - Hatha Yoga
m1: buckwheat waffles
m2: ham and eggs
m3: labrada leanbody
m4: half a turkey wrap
m5: beef and broccoli
PM - 45 minutes cardio - low-intensity treadmill.

overslept this morning..so i'm skippin yoga. *sigh*

ElPietro
07-02-2002, 08:36 AM
Keep it up baby! We are watching you! :thumbup:

I look forward to a new set of scantily clad pics from you in a month or two! :D

Tryska
07-02-2002, 09:12 AM
hee hee...thanks LP.

as for scantily clad.....i highly doubt it. ;)

Tryska
07-03-2002, 08:09 AM
okay....i gotta sort something out here.......either i'm going to bed too late, stretching myself too thin, or i need to not be waking up at 2:30am with drama. anyways..i overslept again and missed doing yoga. :(

yesterday went like this:

12:30pm - oats+banana
3:30pm - leanbody+oj
7:30pm - half a turkey wrap+1oz (?) pretzels - whatever those ltitle snack pakc things are
9:30pm - 45 minutes cardio - low intensity; treadmill)
10:30pm - 8 chicken wings
12:00 - asleep.

now why couldn't i wake up at 8 am to do my yoga?

Goin_Big
07-03-2002, 08:18 AM
I'd go with age mahself.

When I was 15-16 I could go to sleep at 5 am, get up at 8 am and do it all over again the next day, and now that I'm almost 19 I can go to sleep at 10 pm and have trouble waking up at 9am....I feel like an old man.

Tryska
07-03-2002, 08:51 AM
*lol* nah...that's not it.....my usual schedule is 1am to 9am.....and prior to that it was 11pm to 5:30am....so that's not it.

i think it may be the cardio so late and for so long, requiring extra rest? plus like i said..i've not been sleeping well the past few nights so that might have something to do with it too. i dunno. it's ticking me off, cuz i thought i had this nice neat schedule all sewn up but no.

Goin_Big
07-03-2002, 08:59 AM
I still say you're jes gettin' old ;)

or maybe in the back of your head you're wishing that you'd listen to everyone and post you scanitly clad pictures, and your conscience won't let you sleep because of it :D

Paul Stagg
07-03-2002, 09:06 AM
Drama?

At 2:30 am?

Tryska
07-03-2002, 09:07 AM
ermmm...my vote is for gettin' old.

ElPietro
07-03-2002, 09:08 AM
Set your alarm clock dumb dumb. And what is this 2:30am drama? Is Matt making drunken phone calls again?

Tryska
07-03-2002, 09:08 AM
i got issues paul....that past 2 nights in a row it's been like this. i'm at the end of my tether...oh wait i've got no tether, so i slowly drown each night around 2:30 am and then try to fall asleep again after. it will sort itself out in due time i'm sure. :)

Tryska
07-03-2002, 09:10 AM
the alarm clock is set lp.....i just can't wake up when it goes off. and no...matts drunken phone calls at that hour go straight to voicemail as i have my ringer off. *lol*

Goin_Big
07-03-2002, 09:12 AM
Seriously though, stress can cause sleep deprivation, or maybe you think too much for your own good. I have the second problem, so the way I overcome it is to concentrate on seeing nothing, complete blackness and after awhile I just kinda fall asleep. It doesn't always work as sometimes I'll lie in bed until 3 am cuz I just can quit thinking, but it works sometimes.

I've tried counting sheep, but I usually get pissed off cuz I'll miss one or something :D

Tryska
07-03-2002, 09:14 AM
*lol*...no this is real-life stress more then just thinking too much.

what sucks is that i fall asleep just fine..and then at 2:30am i wake up with all the drama just flooding back. at least if it just held out tile like 8am or soemthing i could deal with it well-rested, but in the middle of my night..well that just screws everything up.

Paul Stagg
07-03-2002, 09:26 AM
The same thing happens to my wife.

Reference the BBC news story for a solution. :)

Anything you can think of that would help reduce your everyday stress?

Tryska
07-03-2002, 09:30 AM
winning the lottery?

this isn't everyday stress paulie...if it was i wouldn't be having drama. this is major stress, and i'm just trying to keep it together til i make it through.

PowerManDL
07-03-2002, 02:15 PM
Hey I can't help it that her number is the last one in my list, so its the first one I see at 3am when I go through the phone and start calling everybody.

YatesNightBlade
07-04-2002, 02:45 AM
lol

Tryska
07-04-2002, 07:56 AM
well....i didn't wake up at 2:30 am this time. so that's cool. i actually got decent rest last night. Eating was sh*tty, and I didn't do any cardio, mainly because i didn't eat enough so i was insanely hungry after work, and I just wanted to get out of dodge.

todays plan is to go watche the Powerpuff Girls movie, and the do my push routine. :D

Tryska
07-04-2002, 05:18 PM
so I wound up seeing Men In Black II instead. loved the little dog. *lol* especially his version of I will survive.

anyways..did my push after that:
Trap Bar Squat: 155x6x3
Bench: 45x10; 55x10; 65x6 (I f*cked myself on this last set, cuz i didn't go to failure..i coulda squeezed out a few more, but i mentally thought there wa sno way i could get more then 6 at 65 so that's all I aimed for. next week i'm gonna make up for it. guess my chest has gotten stronger. it's amazing what good form will do for ya)
OH Press: 40x8x3 (will raise this next week)
CG French Press: 30x6x3 (changed my grip a bit this week...it was definitely more challenging)
Weighted Crunches: 15x25x4

and that's that......lataz

Kayak_boy
07-04-2002, 06:53 PM
Lack of sleep is a killer.... I woke this moring at about 4 and didn't get back to sleep, can drop off easily enough though when I first get to bed. It only happens when I'm stressed about stuff.... and it's usually about my chick!!!:D

Try facing the problem head on and get over it, failing that, a nice big jar of sleeping pills!!!

Hope you work it out though, I know what a pain in the ass it is.

Tryska
07-05-2002, 09:10 PM
*lol* thankd for he advice kayak-boy. Actually i had a long talk with someone yesterday that gave me a little perspective. I'm just going with "relax, relate, release." and this stuff will eventually work itself out.

Anyways...today's pull was fairly decent:
SLDL: 90x8x3
Assisted Chin: 90x6x3
Yates Row: 45x10; 65x6x2 (i dropped weight on this and dealt with my form, because it was really pretty sucky at the heavier weights. I also lost the straps, since they were letting me pull more, but badly)
Shrug: 115x8x3
Seated Curls: 30x8; 40x6x2

that's it..i'm all excited cuz i got a new yoga tape, as my old one was getting boring. this next week is gonna be pretty exciting. woohoo.

Tryska
07-11-2002, 06:42 PM
wow....can i ust say..today has been a wonderful day. ;) and my recent depression has no business being there anymore. woohoo!

anyways..let's move on to my push.....guess who has decided to incorporate BB squats into their routine, finally? you guessed it..ME!

BB Squat: 65x7; 65x12; 95x8x2 (started off with not so good form....one of my boys intervened and straightened me out on a couple of things....and then i got down to business..with his help spotting. The main problem i'm having now that i got form situated is that my shoulders are giving out before my legs are....so they tire, and then i think i'm gonna fail and stop. any remedy for that? also....when someone spots you squatting, should they be touching your ass on occassion, or did i get a gratuitous feel-up??:eek: )

Bench: 45x8; 45x12; 55x8; 65x8 (had the same guy spot me on these, and he sorted out my form a bit more and showed me a way to grip better so that i intuitively lift rather then "try" if anyone understands what i'm syaing. he was actuallya lot of help.)

HS Iso Shoulder press: 50x5x3 (shoulders were already fatigued from the squats, and the extra sets on bench (i went through about 3 sets of 45 on bench, while he critiqued)

Rope Pulldowns: 30x12; 40x12; 50x8
Tricep Extensions: 50x10 (wasn't in the mindset for skullcrushers)

that's that....lataz.

Kayak_boy
07-11-2002, 07:48 PM
Keep smiling!!:D

Tryska
07-11-2002, 10:50 PM
hey thanks kayak-boy....i've got a lot to be smiling about. ;)

Kayak_boy
07-11-2002, 11:02 PM
hey thanks kayak-boy....i've got a lot to be smiling about. ;)

Well then you're one of the lucky ones!!!

There's a lot to be said for big cheesy grins.........:D

Now enough, get that shake down ya and lift that barbell.:whip:

Tryska
07-11-2002, 11:05 PM
*lol* yeah....i am pretty lucky to be honest. I forget that sometimes tho, and decide to feel pathetic.

helps to keep stuff in perspective, doesn't it?

actually i've still got to get to bed yet before i do anymore lifting. tomorrow is pull day.

Goin_Big
07-11-2002, 11:08 PM
yay, you doing rows, don't you dare use more weight than me, or i'll cry!

Tryska
07-11-2002, 11:16 PM
i'm not doing them particularly well just yet, but yes, i'm doing rows. I think the chances of me pulling more weight then you are pretty much slim to none. *lol*

besdies..you can always take a look at my bench to get you feeling all adequate again. :(

Goin_Big
07-11-2002, 11:18 PM
don't worry, I used to do them with my back parallel to the ground.

that's really a bad idea, sure, it works your lats well, too bad it fucks your lower back hardcore.

oh yea, but form on these is very important, glad to see you're doing them though.

p.s. I don't judge strength by bench, and I'm paranoid about my back :D

Tryska
07-11-2002, 11:37 PM
i actually quite enjoy rows. much better then seated rows to be honest. I've been getting quite an affinity for barbells lately. I liek them a lot.

and i'm glad you don't judge strength by bench, because i've een on the plateau from hell for a year now. It's slowly breaking tho.

Goin_Big
07-11-2002, 11:39 PM
I can imagine that bench might be a difficult lift for most women.

anywho, good luck and i'ma quit spamming your journal now.

Reinier
07-12-2002, 12:30 AM
if women have large breasts they have little rom on the bench

PowerManDL
07-12-2002, 12:33 AM
LOL.....I'm not even commenting on that........

Tryska
07-12-2002, 11:36 AM
really reinier?

do the breasts somehow impede how there arms and shoulders work or something?

ElPietro
07-12-2002, 11:46 AM
Good to see you still training. :)

Tryska
07-12-2002, 12:00 PM
i never stopped. ;)

Goin_Big
07-12-2002, 12:01 PM
well technically if you're doing a good bench you should lower the bar the soft part right below yer boobies reiner :)

The reason I said it might be harder for women to bench is because their chest isn't necassarily made to grow as fast as a mans :)

musclewise that is

Tryska
07-12-2002, 12:15 PM
yeah...upperbody strength is lower compared to men.

and you are absolutely right going-big. that's how i've been benching. :thumbup:

Tryska
07-12-2002, 04:30 PM
woohoo!

today's pull was pretty decent. I decided to mix it up a wee bit today:

Trap Bar Deads: 155x8x3 (i know i prolly shouldn't have done these, but i love them so, and i felt like i was pretty light on those squats yesterday. sides, i like what these do for my traps and forearms *lol*)
Assisted Chins: 90x6x3
Yates Rows: 65x6x3
Shrugs: 115x8; 135x6x2
Curls: 40x6x3

that's it y'all...peace.

The_Chicken_Daddy
07-13-2002, 03:19 AM
Do you like the yates row a lot, Tina?

Tryska
07-13-2002, 08:26 PM
yeah actually i do chigs. the overhand grip makes my wrists feel funny, and i'm able to pull about 10lbs more going underhand.

don't know why that is, but for comfort it's the row i prefer.

Kayak_boy
07-17-2002, 07:08 PM
You doing 40 lbs curls?? Is that with Dumbbells??

I'm scared of ya now!!!

Tryska
07-17-2002, 09:53 PM
20lbs with dumbells. or a 40lb molded bb. *lol* i ain't that much of a badass.

Kayak_boy
07-17-2002, 10:47 PM
Aaahhhh.... Ok.

I thougt you were some serious bad ass chick!!

You're only half a bad ass now!!!:p

Tryska
07-17-2002, 10:53 PM
woohoo...i'm half-assed!

hee hee...i aspire to 40lb db curls.

Kayak_boy
07-17-2002, 10:57 PM
woohoo...i'm half-assed!

You should keep things like that out of the public domain!!:D

LOL!!!!:moon:

Tryska
07-17-2002, 11:02 PM
doh sorry.

i guess i took it a little too far. :(

oh yeah and ummm......

:moon: :moon: :moon:

Kayak_boy
07-17-2002, 11:04 PM
I'll see your three moons and raise you one!!

:moon: :moon: :moon: :moon:

Tryska
07-17-2002, 11:08 PM
oh yeah?

beat a full house!

:alcoholic :dj: :evillaugh :disagree: :moon: :fart: :hump: :bang: :indian: :ninja: :strong: :zipit: :clap: :clown: :hello: :lurk:

:whip:

Kayak_boy
07-17-2002, 11:14 PM
Damn..... I'm out!!!:(

Tryska
07-18-2002, 06:50 AM
heh. another smiley poker win. *lol*

Kayak_boy
07-18-2002, 05:54 PM
I'm dealing this time!!

Tryska
07-18-2002, 06:02 PM
to quote patsy cline:

turn the cards slowly while your dealin' darlin....
don't you double-deal to win my heart...
turn the cards slowly while you dealin darlin'.....
don't go breakin rules right from the start.

*lol*

Tryska
07-18-2002, 06:15 PM
on another note..more pertinent to training..today was supposed to be a training day for me, but due to last night's broon drinking, i was a wee bit hungover this morning. so i took a nap around 11 to 4 this afternoon, only to find out my ac was broken. it's fixed now, but hasn't gotten cool yet. decided to chalk this one as a total rest day.

Kayak_boy
07-18-2002, 06:30 PM
Staying up drinking and playing cards, eh??

Bold you!!!

:whip:

Tryska
07-18-2002, 06:32 PM
hee hee....everyone needs to let loose some time.

Kayak_boy
07-18-2002, 07:04 PM
That's my problem, I let lose all the time!!!:D

But I do want a gold star, I was very good last weekend!

Tryska
07-18-2002, 07:08 PM
woohoo....i'll go one better and give you a platinum star.

the bad thing is, if i understand correctly i'm going to be having another rough one next week. apparently that one's gonna be particularly sinful.

Kayak_boy
07-18-2002, 07:15 PM
Why thank you, your kindness knows no bounds!!:D

Don't be worrying about a few beers..... balance after all!! You have to have a laugh as well.

Have a great weekend, catch you soon (hopefully with word of 40 lbs dumbbell curls!!)

Tryska
07-18-2002, 07:26 PM
hee hee....enjoy the snow man!

Franco
07-19-2002, 10:41 AM
It's a while since i've stopped by but damn you're definately pushing some weight around :)

I've never had access to a trap bar, how are you finding the ROM compared with an olympic bar?

Tryska
07-19-2002, 10:56 AM
well...

i love it for shrugs because it keeps my arms at my sides, so that it forces the movement to be straight up and down, without any circular motion thrown in.

as for deads with it....it's awesome in that it forces you to keep form strict, just by the mechanics of it. i really dig it, to be honest.

Tryska
07-19-2002, 03:17 PM
so i motivated myself and got in the gym to do my belated push session today. I'll be starting my new routine next week so i figured i'd get push out of the way, so i can go right into back next go round.

there was a TV News truck outside the gym. apparently they are gonna do a newspiece from their today. glad i got out before they started filming tho. My boss was like..why don't you go work out again, so you can be on camera....i was like no - i might break it. *lol*

anyways..here's today's push:
Box Squats: 95x8; 115x8x2 (i decided to put a step thingy under me, so that psychologically it was easier for me to "sit" if i had something to aim for. side's i'd rather have that touching my ass then some random stranger. *lol*)

Bench: 55x10; 65x5x2
OH Press: 40x6x3
French Press: 30x10; 40x6x2

i've given up on direct abwork again for awhile as i get a lot of "core" training with my yoga. sides i don't really want a bumpy a stomach. it's not my idea of attractive on a woman.

the doc
07-19-2002, 09:47 PM
yea but you'll look like ronnie coleman!

The_Chicken_Daddy
07-20-2002, 02:36 AM
i've given up on direct abwork again for awhile as i get a lot of "core" training with my yoga. sides i don't really want a bumpy a stomach. it's not my idea of attractive on a woman.

Yeah, but once you're lean enough to see the six pack it's well sexy. http://help.microsoft.com/!data/en_us/data/messengerv46_msn.its51/$content$/tounge_smile.gif

Just look and janet Jackson and anastacia...

Tryska
07-20-2002, 10:15 AM
i still don't like that lean enough to see a six pack look. that's what i was getting at.

men should have six packs.....women look so much better with just flar tummies where you can see the outlines of the ab muscles without seeing allt he detail. that looks more womanly to me. I guess it's really a matter of bodyfat preference. I mean...there a couple girls at the gym with six packs.....in print a six pack looks cool...in real-life..it just looks wrong.

Savannah
07-20-2002, 10:57 AM
That's a good point you made T. Just from seeing a girl at my gym who is so lean she puts most males to shame, it somehow doesn't even look that attractive anymore. She's actually got the vab veins going on right now which is cool as hell but still not very appealing in that sense.

Tryska
07-20-2002, 06:42 PM
yeah....there's one girl at my gym who stays in what i can only guess are single digits. she's tiny, but very vascular, and her face skin is all drawn, and her belly actually pokes out with her six pack. of course she doesn't have a chest cuz her bf is so low...but it really doesn't look healthy. if she wasn't so muscular underneath, i'd think she had an ED.

to be honest...i don't even wanna be that cut. i just want my skint to be wrapped real tight, if you understand what i mean? i guess very little subcutaneous fat, but still some there.

Kayak_boy
07-21-2002, 06:58 PM
Well T, from a male point of view, I'm with ya on the ab call, a nice flat tummy is far sexier than a six pack..... unless that's a six pack of beer, which can make anything look sexy!:D

Tryska
07-23-2002, 07:47 PM
*lmao*

*walks in holding a 6-pack*

oh hey kayak....what's up? :hello:

time to update with the first day of my new split....

Back:
Trap Bar Deads: 155x8; 165x7x2
Assisted Chins: 90x7x3 (my whole body was real shaky from the deads)
Yates Row: 65x8x3
Shrugs: 125x8x2; 135x8
Curls:...errrrmmm..biceps were fried so:
peachers: 30x7x3;
Seated superset - hammers and regular curls 20x12x2 (meaning 2 10lb dbs. i felt like such a wussy. *lol*)

that's that...lataz.

oh wait...did 45 minutes walking on the treaie yesterday.

The_Chicken_Daddy
07-24-2002, 09:47 AM
You'll be pullin' 200 flat on your deads soon, miss. :)

Tryska
07-24-2002, 09:52 AM
will i be hardcore then chigsy?

The_Chicken_Daddy
07-24-2002, 10:04 AM
You're already hardcore. You'll just be more hardcore.

We'll have to invent a new word for it.

"Hardcorer"

"hardestcore"

"Hardycorster"

And so on and so forth...

Tryska
07-24-2002, 10:10 AM
how about "geet hardcore-like"?

The_Chicken_Daddy
07-24-2002, 10:14 AM
That'd work.

Tryska
07-24-2002, 07:07 PM
ace.....

anyways..here's today's chest/tri session:

Bench: 65x6x3
Flyes: 45x6x3
Assisted Dips: 60x10; 70x6x2
OH Press: 30x8; 40x6x2
French Press: 20x10; 30x6x2

answer me this: why do the biggest buffest guys in the gym, never have straps of their own?

Kayak_boy
07-24-2002, 07:16 PM

*walks in holding a 6-pack*

oh hey kayak....what's up? :hello:

Come on now sweetie, you know you don't need to be bringing that six pack around here for me to think you look sexy!!!:D

And slow down on those deads, you'll catch me before I know what's happening!!

Baaaaaaaad Ass!!!

Tryska
07-24-2002, 07:39 PM
*lol*

smooth talker. ;)

anyways.....i really am gonna try for 200 by the end of the year. i'm sure i'll plateus eventually as technically deads are a new lift for me...but i think i shall make that a goal.

200lbs by the end of december. whatcha think?

Kayak_boy
07-24-2002, 07:49 PM
The smoothest!!!:p

You'll make 200, no problem to ya.

I only started deads in this bulking cycle I'm in, and I've gone from 120ish learning form to 220 now. I'm aiming for 300.

But as soon as you get the feel for it the weight just seems to pile up doing them, not a problem to a bad ass like you!!:D

Tryska
07-24-2002, 07:52 PM
*lol* now if you can just tell that to my chest and biceps so they'll stop being wussies, i'd appreciate it.

Alex.V
07-24-2002, 08:15 PM
Solly, but mebbe I missed dis: Why joo doin' trap bar dedz, foo? :)

Tryska
07-24-2002, 08:22 PM
i dunno..cuz i like them?

doc introduced me to the trap bar, and it's just been great. Love that thing. keeps my form solid too.

i remember my runin with bb deads had me with every joint in my body aching for 2 weeks. that = not ace.

on a sidenote - :omg: b posting in my journal must mean i have arrived at hardcoreness.

Alex.V
07-24-2002, 08:24 PM
lmao. babe, you've always been hardcore.

*leaves sweaty mark in journal to make it officially hardcore*

Tryska
07-24-2002, 08:30 PM
you know i was jsut thinking about our email convos from back in the day when you was on me about deads. baha. that was like forever ago.

Kayak_boy
07-24-2002, 08:45 PM
*lol* now if you can just tell that to my chest and biceps so they'll stop being wussies, i'd appreciate it.

Calling Tryska's chest and biceps!!

It has come to our attention that you are acting like wusses and not working hard enough. Continuation of this behaviour will result in severe punishment. We'll be watching!!

Tryska
07-24-2002, 08:47 PM
ooooh! you got me shaking in my platforms.

we'll see whether they decide to act right next week.

Kayak_boy
07-24-2002, 08:53 PM
You wear platforms??tuttut

:p

Tryska
07-24-2002, 08:58 PM
of course. you can't go wrong with a good stackheel. ;)

Kayak_boy
07-24-2002, 09:01 PM
Do you match them with a nice big pair of bell bottoms??

Tryska
07-25-2002, 10:23 AM
ermm...no. bootleg cuts actually these days. *lol*

bellbottoms were in here for a minute again a few years back tho.....but it's mellowed out to just plain bootleg cuts. and it's not quite like 70's platform shoes either. these just have really thick stack heels.

BennettBoy
07-25-2002, 12:47 PM
Tryska, any pictures of you ANYWHERE on wbb? I know you put one up of your mug for a few minutes......but how bout it?

Tryska
07-25-2002, 02:53 PM
yeah actually...they are in here somewhere....page 9 i think? somewheres around there.

thanks for checking my journal btw. :thumbup:

today i had a geet hardcore-like leg session. hee hee.

Legs:
Box Squats: 95x10; 115x10; 125x7
SLDLs: 80x10; 85x8; 95x6 ( a little lesson here: i decided to switch up and use the bb instead of dbs today, so i configured the rack, and put the hooks kinda low so i could pull it up and go. also put a step platform in. well anyways..i forgot to put ties on the bar, and umm..on one of my mounts i was tryign to step back up onto the platform, and off dropped a plate....well then the 2 plates on the other side dropped off....*lol* luckily, a couple of my gym buddies were training legs together in my area anyways...and they kinda helped me reconfigure for a higher mount. moral of the story: ALWAYS use ties. I felt like a jackass. *lmao*)

Smith Lunges: 501x10; 60x8; 70x6 (this was interesting...i didn't have a mirror in front of me, so i have no idea what my form wa slike, but it will take some getting used to. I will try them again next week and see if it was just first time jitters or if i really don't liek them.)

Seated Calf Raises: 50x15; 70x15; 90x15 (been a long time since i've done direct calf work, and i don't think i've ever used a true seated calf raise..so this will take some tweaking)

that's about it. I'm off to shower, and then go get a 2hr full body massage. :D lucky me. and my lucky lucky lower back.`

Kayak_boy
07-25-2002, 05:30 PM
and it's not quite like 70's platform shoes either.

Well that's what you're saying!!!:p

Tryska
07-25-2002, 05:55 PM
nooo...there were platform shoes then, and there are platform shoes now. go check any stripclub and see what the ladies are wearing these days. (although mine aren't 6 inches high, made of vinyl, with a stiletto heel)

ermmm...not the one's i wear outside of the house anyways

BennettBoy
07-25-2002, 05:59 PM
Ah hah.....I found it! Lookin' great Tryska:clap:

Can I ask what your job is all about.....in big ole Altanta, GA?

Oh the fun times I've had in Atlanta:D

Tryska
07-25-2002, 06:03 PM
why thank you bennetboy. ;)

ermm..i'm just about to start a new gig working for a company based out of St Louis, as catcfh-all IT Support, 2nd & 3rd level.

so basically a little phone support, and little deskside support, a little admin, and server support, and some aquisitions site set-up stuff.

those pics were taken at GE when I was admin there. I'm kinda excited cuz all the big companies i worked for i wound up in this little niche doing like 3 tasks, and now with this mid-size i will definitely be able to make use of everything i've done in the past, as well as expand. i'm looking forward to doing more of the server uspport, hardcore networking, security stuff actually.

wha about you?

Kayak_boy
07-25-2002, 07:41 PM
nooo...there were platform shoes then, and there are platform shoes now. go check any stripclub and see what the ladies are wearing these days. (although mine aren't 6 inches high, made of vinyl, with a stiletto heel)

ermmm...not the one's i wear outside of the house anyways

Stripclubs?? I'm shocked Tryska, I though you were such a lovely young lady!!:p

As for work, well I do much the same stuff as you, only the last year I've moved more into project work.

Tryska
07-25-2002, 08:18 PM
*lol* not that i go to them or anything. i just know strippers.

I should prolly put a l'il disclaimer from now on. hehehe.

anyways..project work means your billable right? what i wouldn't give to be billable instead of salaried.

PowerManDL
07-25-2002, 08:20 PM
Get ready to toss your diet out the window tomorrow........we're going to Buckhead!

Tryska
07-25-2002, 08:26 PM
that's not where the pony is. is it? :scratch:

if it's buckhead then can we check out velvet?

PowerManDL
07-25-2002, 08:27 PM
No, the Pony's on Saturday....we're not getting into town till probably 8 or 9ish, so we're gonna put on a primer coat and head to Buckhead.

And where's Velvet? That's one I've not heard of.

Kayak_boy
07-25-2002, 08:29 PM
*lol* not that i go to them or anything. i just know strippers.

I should prolly put a l'il disclaimer from now on. hehehe.

anyways..project work means your billable right? what i wouldn't give to be billable instead of salaried.

Do you want to introduce me to some of these friends.... please, please, please???:D

I've been contracting for nearly two years now, yeah, the rates are good, but I missed a day sick this week, so that's me down a few hundred bicks, and you don't get holiday pay etc, so it all kinda works itself out. You are more secure in your job too.

Anyway..... back to these stripers!!!:p

Tryska
07-25-2002, 08:33 PM
*lol* nah...you don't want a stripper man.....they got issues.

you should have a good girl. and yeah...i suppose bennies are nice, but god i love money, and being billable is the way to get it.

and dl...ah i see. i dunno where velvet is to be honest, but i see cards for ti allt he time. looks cool. kinda trendie tho. let's jsut do buckhead and call it a day then shall we? ps - i'm not drinkin too much...last frday's hangover was enough to remind me i don't handle alcohol so good.

Kayak_boy
07-25-2002, 08:48 PM
*lol* nah...you don't want a stripper man.....they got issues.

you should have a good girl. and yeah...i suppose bennies are nice, but god i love money, and being billable is the way to get it.

So those that mean that stripers are bad girls?? Geez, I could do with some of that in my life!!:p

I'm hearing you on the issues call, I've got story about one, I won't bore you with it, but yeah, big issues.

Don't we all love money?? I'm making more than I ever have but I tell ya what, I've less saved up than I ever have, can't stop buying toys for myself!!:D

Tryska
07-25-2002, 08:50 PM
heh. i know the feeling.

but look at it this way..if you were a stripper all of it would be going up your nose, and not being spent on cool toys. ;)

Kayak_boy
07-25-2002, 08:54 PM
Well I can't see myself being a striper!!! LOL!!!!:D

Love my toys, that's my big vice, spending money on surf skis, surf boards, kayaks, cars, Play stations, bikes etc etc!!

*mental note to self...... must stop buying and start saving*

Tryska
07-25-2002, 08:56 PM
i spend mine on clothes and massages and pedicures. i really do need to start saving like a madwoman tho, i've got some big money plans int he works. i'm even thinking about getting a roommate, or moving to a low-rent area.

Kayak_boy
07-25-2002, 09:01 PM
Yeah, I'm bad at clothes buying too..... have the biggest collection of trainers ever!! *That reminds me, I could do with some new t-shirts!!*

I'm also living in a place that costs me quite a bit, but I like it, it's handy and I'm near the beach, so I can't see myself move just to save $80 or $90 a week (aussie dollars). The room mate thing might be a better option if you are living somwhere nice.

When do you get near the water, is that part of your big money plan??

Tryska
07-25-2002, 09:05 PM
well i checked that complex out yesterday as a matter of fact. and i don't liek it too much. it's kinda cheesy these days, even with the renovations, and they are asking for a lot of money, for not too much square footage. I mean the river is not but 3 miles from me, it'self, and there's a river park quite close that i cna hang out in..the only thing this place as going for it, is that it has a landing that can be used. not sure it's worth it.

PowerManDL
07-25-2002, 09:14 PM
I'll be your roomate.

You pay all the rent and utilities, and I'll eat all your food and watch TV.

Tryska
07-25-2002, 09:17 PM
this is why i'm really not into the roommate idea.

Kayak_boy
07-25-2002, 10:02 PM
this is why i'm really not into the roommate idea.

Nuff said!!

Kayak_boy
07-25-2002, 10:04 PM
well i checked that complex out yesterday as a matter of fact. and i don't liek it too much. it's kinda cheesy these days, even with the renovations, and they are asking for a lot of money, for not too much square footage. I mean the river is not but 3 miles from me, it'self, and there's a river park quite close that i cna hang out in..the only thing this place as going for it, is that it has a landing that can be used. not sure it's worth it.

Doesn't sound worth it to be honest Tryska, not if all you can gain is a landing strip.... unless of course you have an airplane, then it would come in handy!!:p

Tryska
07-25-2002, 10:07 PM
*lol* no no..a river landing where you can kayak, canooe, or inner-tube from. basically straight up river access.

Kayak_boy
07-25-2002, 10:19 PM
*lol* no no..a river landing where you can kayak, canooe, or inner-tube from. basically straight up river access.

I know, I know!!

Hence the :p !!!

Tee hee!!!:D

Tryska
07-29-2002, 04:31 AM
*lmao*

i'm gonna have to learn your smiley lingo.

okay...this is a life update not a training update.

can i just say i was reminded the other dya of how the rest of the world thingks, when an old beau called me out of the blue. I have't heard from him in like 5 or 6 years, and to be honest, i haven't actually thought of him since i ended it anyways. so anyways..he calls to cathc up, and we're talking about what we're doing with our lives etc, and i says yeah...i'm really into bodybuilding right now. He says..Bodybuilding??? I don't think that's sexy at all.

I said...well i don't really care what you think, but i enjoy it and it's my lifestyle. And he says...oh, yeah i belong to a gym...i joined like a year ago, but i haven't been in like 3 months.

i guess considering my life is filled in all aspects with people who think and train and eat in ways similar to mine, i'd forgotten the that majority of society at large, are happy and content being lazy lardasses who don't like to sweat.

poor things.

anyways...wish me luck today. I'm a bit jittery abotu the first day at a new job. I'm scared that i might have lsot all my tech skills. ANd like i'm starting my first day at yet a new school. I've got all my school clothes, new lunchbox, new bookbag...got all my supplies.

seriously...the amoutn of shoppign i ahd to do to plan my eatign for the day is insane. Had to get a new spillproof water bottle, a shaker bottle for my traffic jam mrp, new tupperware and utensils, i still gotta pack everything...yadda yadda yadda.....

anyways...wish me luck. i'll try to backdoor the syustem as soon as possible, and hack my way back to y'all! :hello:

BennettBoy
07-29-2002, 08:18 AM
Good luck on the new job Tryska:D

I know what you mean about MOST folks not wanting to workout etc. My Mom told me Saturday when she was in town that my arms were getting to veiny and I needed to watch not getting too big. LOL, I told her not to worry about it.:cool:

I did go to a Lake Party yesterday and was actually shocked at how many women and men had such incredible bodies. Maybe the lake just brings out the buff folks, but I didn't expect to see so many fit folks.

Tryska
07-29-2002, 04:48 PM
thanks bennettboy!

actually 1st day went well. my coworker is cool, and the bennies and schedule are unbelievable.

i'm thrilled at the moment.

i'm gonna get some cardio in tonight, and i'm back on a real eating schedule. woohoo!

Kayak_boy
07-29-2002, 06:23 PM
Hey Miss T,

'Ow you doin'??:D

What's with the new job, what you up to now??

It's mad when you get a new job and you get really nervous about what you know, and what you think you don't..... I'm kinda holding off on moving for just that reason!!

So you making heaps more money now?? You contracting now??

Hope it works out well for you anyway, it certainly sounds like you've made a great start.

Just don't forget your friends on WBB, ok??:cry:

Tryska
07-29-2002, 08:18 PM
heh...not loads more, but i did find out today i'm eligible for time and half overtime, and will be using it. ;)

that's even better then contracting, imo.

and yeah...the job will be cool...i already warned my coworker that i've been a musclehead for 4 straight months and may not be as sharp as i usually am...he was cool with that too.

i definitely won't forget y'all, and you jsut may be seeingaround more soon...depends on how busy i'll be.

oh and the job is doing basic catch-all IT support for a company. it;s gonna eb cool, cuz i will be deskside, break/fix, server stuff...plus site installs and de-installs, so that's gonna be some travel. i got a good feeeling on this one. :thumbup:

Kayak_boy
07-29-2002, 08:39 PM
Sounds cool Tryska.

That overtime is great. Do you want to be made jealous now?? I get one and a half and double overtime and I bill!!!:D

But at this stage I'm just to lazy to stay in work all the time making extra.... there's a lot more to life than playing with software applications!!

Well you make sure you don't run off on us, the place wouldn't be the same without you around.:)

Tryska
07-29-2002, 08:46 PM
haha..thanks sweetie.....i ain't going nowhere.

but yes..you did a fine job of making me jealous.....how about this tho....my job gives me discount air-travel....the deal i saw in my email today were London for 4 days @$99.

PowerManDL
07-29-2002, 08:48 PM
Whoa.....hey, I might need to talk to you about that air-travel thing, seriously.

Kayak_boy
07-29-2002, 08:59 PM
Ok, I'm the jealous one now!!

Damn ya!!!;)

Fancy packing me in a suitcase???:p

Tryska
07-30-2002, 11:11 AM
well it's not quite that simple dl......those rates are only good for members of a travel agents association. (i'm in the process of getting that). I don't think you can use it to get other people hookups, as it's tied to a specific member number and ID. i'll do some checking tho.

and kayak-boy...sure i think i can pack ya in a suitcase. i'm gonna have to check you tho....do ya mind flying cargo class?

BennettBoy
07-30-2002, 12:01 PM
Yo Tryska....looks like things are going GREAT at work. You found the backdoor to WWB on your 2nd day on the job:eek:

Way to go girl:D

Tryska
07-30-2002, 02:56 PM
heh...you ain't seen nothin yet buddy. ;)

Kayak_boy
07-30-2002, 05:59 PM
Cargo is fine, just make sure there's a few air holes, loads of food and a warm blanket in there and I'll be fine!!:p

Yippee.... I'm going to London!!! :D

Tryska
07-30-2002, 08:14 PM
*lmao*@taking my pet "kayak-boy" to London.

anyhoo......there's a thunderstorm outside and i've already lost MSN, so i may not be here for much longer...but to make hay while the sun shines, i'm gonna update as fast as i can....

today's diet was on point..well sorta....i got 4 meals in, as opposed to 5, but i woke up late for work today (damn sleeping pills) and didn't have time for brekkie.

right..so on to my back session:
Trap Bar Deads: 120x8x3 (these damn near killed me today....my lower back got a bit sore right after....and it wasn't til after my first set of chins that i realized just how freakin shaky i was..nauseous too.)

Assisted Chins: 90x8; 90x6; 90x8
Machine Row: 50x10; 70x6x2 (choose to do these today as i was flaggin fast and figured it would be a bit easier)
Shrugs: 125x8x3
Curls: 25x10x2 (supersetted, one set regular, one set hammer)

okay that's it....hasta manana.

Pup
07-30-2002, 08:28 PM
T...did i ever tell you that you have a really sexy voice....:hump:

Tryska
07-30-2002, 08:34 PM
heh.

no, i don't think so rob......maybe back in the day, but you ain't told me lately! ;)

thank you ever so. how yooo doin' anyway?

Kayak_boy
07-30-2002, 08:39 PM
Pet???:cool:

And what's happening with those 40 Lbs curls??

Come on girl!!:bash: Lift god damn it!

Tryska
07-30-2002, 08:43 PM
*lol* i was fried today man......i couldn't handle much more. so i figured i would just burn them out.

you figure with everything else i worked today, bis couldnt help but get hit.

and on another note.....would you mind wearing a leash for me? (it would be much more convincing...and ermmm..you could have a studded collar. ;) )

Pup
07-30-2002, 08:45 PM
I'm doing ace T...just bustin ass at work right now...getting ready for school to start.

Kayak_boy
07-30-2002, 08:48 PM
and on another note.....would you mind wearing a leash for me? (it would be much more convincing...and ermmm..you could have a studded collar. ;) )

Would a studded collar be proof of my stud status??

And if you don't bring a cane with you when you're walking me I don't see the leash being a problem!!:D

Tryska
07-30-2002, 08:52 PM
no canes.

pwomise. :evillaugh

and pup...when ya moving back bud?

Kayak_boy
07-30-2002, 08:54 PM
Mmmmmmm.... I believe you, for now!;)

Tryska
07-30-2002, 08:56 PM
no i'm dead serious.

no canes.

you didn't mention riding crops or cats 'o 'nine tails so it's all good.

Kayak_boy
07-30-2002, 08:59 PM
Ok, I'm confussed now!!!!:D

Tryska
07-31-2002, 04:20 AM
hee hee...don't worry about it. you'll like it.

i swear it.

:evillaugh

Kayak_boy
07-31-2002, 04:28 AM
I'm scared now!!:eek:

Tryska
07-31-2002, 04:44 AM
*lmao*

ok..lemme stop messing with ya then. i can't go scaring off the people who visit my journal regularly. that just ain't right.

Kayak_boy
07-31-2002, 04:48 AM
No it's not Missy!!!tuttut

Now be nice!:D

Tryska
07-31-2002, 04:53 AM
heh...i'm always nice tho.

even when i'm being evil. ;)

Kayak_boy
07-31-2002, 04:56 AM
I'll take your word for it!!!:p

Time for me to get off home and to bed, it's 9 pm here, you have a good whatever it is you're having, morning, evening or wotever!!

Catch you soon Missy.

Tryska
07-31-2002, 04:58 AM
it's bright and early on wednseday mornin', mister. have a good night!

Kayak_boy
07-31-2002, 05:31 PM
Morning!!

Well it's bringht and early here now. Geez, I don't get these time zones at all!!

Tryska
07-31-2002, 05:33 PM
what day is it?

Kayak_boy
07-31-2002, 06:10 PM
Thursday here.

Kayak_boy
07-31-2002, 06:10 PM
what day is it?

And if you're asking that you must be in a bad state!!!:p

Tryska
07-31-2002, 08:08 PM
well it's still wednesday here.

(even if i weren't trying to figure out the time difference thing, i would ask that. you know he other day i wrote the date down as 7/25/99 - and i had to ask someone what the date was. :rolleyes: time really isn't one of those things i track. *lol*)

anyways..today's session was absolute shite. and ms tryska is not pleased. :(

apparently wednesday is bench and curl day at my gym, and all the benches were being used. this wa slate too. thankfully one of my friends was trainign chest too, but he let me work in on his incline bench. so i started off with incline db flyes. (which turned out to be the best lift of the day.)

Incline DB Flyes - 40x8; 50x8x2 (he assisted on the rep of each 25 set, i was actually surprised that i was able to do 50lb incline flyes, considerign the 65 lb bench. does that seem like an accurate differnetial?)

this is where things went all to pot:

Bench: 65x5x3 (down 1 rep :( )
Assisted Dips: 80x6; 80x8; 80x6 (why?)
HS Shoulder press: 30x10; 40x4x2 (down 2 reps :cry: )
Skullcrushers: 20x10; 30x8x2 (used the straight molded bb for this, and at least was able to gain 2 reps from last week)

anyways..that's that. *pout*

lataz.

PowerManDL
07-31-2002, 08:13 PM
Its cause you didn't go drinking with me. You're missing out on the wonderful effects of beer-binges!

heathj
07-31-2002, 08:14 PM
Can I come? This weekend I'm getting tanked pretty good. Power, you should come up :)

Kayak_boy
07-31-2002, 08:18 PM
well it's still wednesday here.

(even if i weren't trying to figure out the time difference thing, i would ask that. you know he other day i wrote the date down as 7/25/99 - and i had to ask someone what the date was. :rolleyes: time really isn't one of those things i track. *lol*)

7/25/99?? Geez you're a crack up!!! LOL!!!

So how far are you behind us?? Two thirds of a day or something, hey??

Kayak_boy
07-31-2002, 08:21 PM
anyways..today's session was absolute shite. and ms tryska is not pleased. :(

Come on now, you more than anyone knows that we all have bad days, so quiet feeling sorry for yourself and look forward to the next session. You hear me Missy??

Tryska
07-31-2002, 08:34 PM
well..i'm not feeling sorry for myself so much as angry and a wee bit confused as too why. i'm guessing it's the schedule change and trainign so late, but i mean i'm getting a whole lot of food in me, and i'm sittign all day, so i can't call it.

anyways...it is now 10:30 pm on wednesday evening here....so how many hours is that?

Tryska
07-31-2002, 08:35 PM
oh and dl...a binge would have had me laid out, over the rest of the weekend, and most liekly well into yesterday as well. *lol*

PowerManDL
07-31-2002, 08:36 PM
Pssh.....then how come I always set PR's after a beer binge?

Kayak_boy
07-31-2002, 08:37 PM
Well I sit on my ass a lot of the day and I'm the same, eat all bloody day and just some nights it doesn't kick off, so chin up and get stuck in there the next session.

It's 12.35 in the midday here, so that's you 14 hours behind, hey??

Now get you off to bed and rest if that's what you need.

Kayak_boy
07-31-2002, 08:44 PM
"Y'all, y'all, y'all!!"

Tee hee!!!!

Tryska
07-31-2002, 08:44 PM
dl..i dunno..cuz you're an alcoholic freak of nature?

kb..yeah i'm off to bed now...waiting for the sleeping pill to kick in..*lol* (it's jsut otc stuff..not the good kind) but yeah....that's 14 ahead. damn..that's almost a whole waking day.

and my next session isn't til Friday when i do legs...altho tomorrow will be cardio.

have a good rest of your day..i'm off, mister. ;)

Kayak_boy
07-31-2002, 09:09 PM
Nitey nite Missy, sleep well.... hope that pill helps ya.

(you still having problems sleeping???)

Tryska
08-01-2002, 07:41 AM
uh they helped a little too well today...got up at 7:15.

yeah i've been using them this first week, so i can get the sleeping down. i've been training so late in the evenings that by the time i get home i'm still a bit wired, and if left to my own devices i wouldn't be to bed til 1 in the morning (the old schedule time). by using them i'm able to fall asleep by 10:30 - 11, so it works out.

Kayak_boy
08-01-2002, 05:57 PM
Ok.

I'm a bit the other way, I get to sleep ealy enough, but I tend to wake during the night, I think it's stuff on my mind though..... oh for an easy life, eh??

Tryska
08-01-2002, 07:52 PM
*lol* yeah...i've had days like that too lately, but for me i've been waking up because my body needs food.

if i've eaten enough through the day i usually sleep rather well. normally the schedule change wouldn't be that hard, because i'm typcially an early riser, but i think something funky might be going on with my thyroid meds...and i might need an increased dosage. i've got an appoitnment at the the end of this month, so i'm just gonna hang on and hope things either get better by themselves, or that it is a med increase issue.

Kayak_boy
08-01-2002, 07:55 PM
You having thyroid problems??

Tryska
08-01-2002, 08:10 PM
yeah....i was diagnosed last fall as sub-clinical hypothyroid. i felt real well with the meds for most of this year, but the last month or so, i've been noticing that i'm having difficulty waking up in the mornings again, and i kinda go through my day in a bit of a fog. yesterday's strength decrease is bothering me too...but that hasn't happenned enough to be considered a trend....

Kayak_boy
08-01-2002, 08:31 PM
Gee, sorry to her that Mrs T.

So is it under active or over active?? Doesn't one make you put weight on and the other lose heaps of weight??

Tryska
08-01-2002, 08:35 PM
under-active. and yeah..that's the one that makes you put weight on...or in my case, hold 10lbs of water, and be unable to lose any fat.

under-active can make you lose lots of weight, or it may mask as an overactive...depending on your body i guess. typically tho it does make you lose weight really fast, and your hair..and your sanity..*lol*

but yeah..it's nothing to be sorry about tho....it's pretty minor int he grand scheme of things...altho, can be quite debilitating if you don't know what's going on. Thankfully i've got a pretty good doctor, who takes care of me well, and I've got heart, so i manage quite well. ;)

Kayak_boy
08-01-2002, 08:44 PM
It's always bad to hear when peopel have stuff getting them down health wise, but don't think there's anyone better to not let something get in their way than you (well that's the impression I get from talking to you anyway). Chin up.

Keep up the great work Missy.

Tryska
08-02-2002, 07:41 AM
why thank you ever so, sir. ;)

like i said..int he grand scheme, it's not that big of a deal. and I think the hidden gift is that it forces me to really pay attention to my body and stay in tune. makes cutting a b*tch tho, but it's also taught me patience and to just go with the flow. :)

BennettBoy
08-02-2002, 07:52 AM
You got a great attitude girl:)

Tryska
08-02-2002, 08:03 AM
baha..thanks man.....i've gone through enough shite in my rather short life so far, that i tend to be quite philosophical about things. and of course my folks taught me how to cope quite well.

i mean life is too short, horrible things happen to people that don't deserve it, and compared to all the stuff that could go wrong, if i'm waking up every morning in realtively good health, with a roof over my head and food in the fridge, how bad can things really be, ya know?

Tryska
08-02-2002, 07:50 PM
facking INSANE leg session today.

i was surprised i had it in me. but i ate some sugary junk food for meal 3 and i'm convinced the extra glycogen put me over the top. *lol*

Box Squats: 115x12; 135x7x2
SLDLs: 85x8; 95x8x2
BB Lunges: 65x10; 85x8; 85x10
Calf Raises: 90x10x2; 90x15 (guess i needed a couple warmup sets...and my calves are already sore)

woo.....i'm fookin exhausted. needed to rest for a bit before i tried to drive my car back home and i still felt like i was driving under the influence. *lol*

hasta la bye-bye :D

ElPietro
08-02-2002, 09:43 PM
I have been waddling today...I'm sure we will both be waddlin' tomorrow. :thumbup:

Tryska
08-03-2002, 07:34 AM
ace! ;)

Kayak_boy
08-04-2002, 07:04 PM
You lot sound like a crowd of ducks!!!:D

Tryska
08-05-2002, 07:49 AM
ducks or very busy, very tired hookers. *lol*

surprisingly DOMS wasn't too bad at all. it started kicking in about 12 hours later, but it was very minor..just twinges in my quads/hams, a little low back tightness, and my calves were tender. I'm guessing this is a good thing?

Kayak_boy
08-05-2002, 05:39 PM
ducks or very busy, very tired hookers. *lol*

Dirty!!

LOL!!!!!:D

Kayak_boy
08-05-2002, 05:40 PM
Hey Missy??

Do you do yoga??

I seem to remember you mentioning it in your journal, but with the amount of waffle in here since I dropped by there's no way I'm going through it to find out!!:p

Tryska
08-06-2002, 07:39 AM
as a matter of fact i do do yoga.....i couple of different types, altho right now my favorite is ashtanga because of the strength training that comes with it.

i do like a "fat-burning" (muscle-warming) session each morning to wake up.

Kayak_boy
08-06-2002, 05:03 PM
You do it every day??

Tryska
08-06-2002, 07:57 PM
every morning yeah. its only a 20 minute session tho. i use video and do it in pjs before having coffee. *lol* err...unless i oversleep. hehe.

anyways...todays back session:

Trapbar Deads: 165x8x3 (will keep this where it's at next week, as it's still causing a hellified CNS shock)
Assisted Chins: 90x8x3 (might up this next week)
Horizontal Row(UG): 65x8; 75x6
Shrugs: 125x8x2; 115x8
Curls: 30x10x2

ermm...i think i mighta tore something ont hat second heave set of shurgs. fel a twinge right about midback i guess along my spine. I was scare it was rotator cuff at first, but it's too far in for that i think. we'll see how i feel tomorrow...there's no change in ROM at the moment, altho mu shoulder is developing a bit of an ache and i still feel tightness and that little twinge closer in near the spine. ah well :rolleyes: hope it's nothing major.

that's that..lataz.

Paul Stagg
08-06-2002, 08:01 PM
Lookin good, darlin'.

RC woudln't hurt near your spine. Rest it, see how it feels in a couple of days.

Kayak_boy
08-06-2002, 08:01 PM
every morning yeah. its only a 20 minute session tho. i use video and do it in pjs before having coffee. *lol* err...unless i oversleep. hehe.

And what about the yoga???:p

I've been a few times lately, just once a week. Do you reckon it benefits you much Mrs T?

And I hope you haven't hurt yourself. You take it easy for a few days if needs be, you listening to me?

Sleep well.

Tryska
08-06-2002, 08:22 PM
stop calling me mrs! i'm single! not tied down! afraid of commitments! Ms. is acceptabel tho. :D

and i don't know....the more traidtional hatha yoga, which is what i'm guessing they do in most classes definitely helped me in a few ways..lung capacity and breathing, definitely as far as posture and flexibility, and also it just lets me focus real good when i'm done. it's a slow and subtle process tho.

and being the type A freak that i am, can make no promises on taking it easy, but i certianly will give it the good ol college try. (alright..if it hurts i won't use it, how about that?"

Kayak_boy
08-06-2002, 08:27 PM
Well I was calling you Mrs T kinda like a joke thing about Mr T from the A Team........ "what you talking about fool??"

Sorry!!

It's Missy from here on in so!!:p

Well the yoga I've tried is some stuff that you draw energy from the perinium (between the anus and the genitals!!) It's all a bit hippy for me, but I do love how it stretches me out and losens up my muscles. Can't think what it's called now.

Tryska
08-06-2002, 08:30 PM
tantric yoga?

sounds like it..root chakra work, no?

and you know..i'm so goofy, i didn't even pick up on the Mr. T reference. *lol*

missy works tho.

that whole mrs thing scares the bejesus out of me at the moment.

Kayak_boy
08-06-2002, 08:34 PM
That could be it, that Charka thing rings a bell!!

Geez, is that like tantric sex then??

I even say Mrs T in that voice in my head when I type it.....Mr T!!

Why you so scared of the Mrs thing??

I'm the same, well not that I'm gonna be a Mrs (LOL) but the commitment thing. Don't know what I want really.

Kayak_boy
08-07-2002, 12:12 AM
Hey Missy,

Where you working now?? Were you working in a gym a few weeks back amd have changed since? There was some thread about picking up in the gym, and I'm all confussed about what you do now!!

Hope you slept well!

Tryska
08-07-2002, 07:32 AM
i slept amazingly well, and that back twinge is gone at the moment, so i'm guessing maybe it was a knot or a minor strain or something. who knows.

anyways...tantric sex can i guess be considered a form of tantric yoga, as the tools you leanr from practicing the yoga aid in practicing that style of sex. you know what i mean?

as for the commitment thing....well, the way i look at it, marriage is a comitment for life. and you have to be really careful who you choose to make that commitment with. I got out of a pretty bad 6-year relationship a couple years ago, and i'm still recovering. I'm not so much a commitmentphobe now as i was last year this time...(i was truly enjoying just having the freedom to just be me), but i would still eb a bit wary about having some sort of committed relationship now. It jsut makes life so much more complicated, ya know?

and actually i am working at 2 diff places. The IT job during the week, and keep some hours at the gym on weekends. (i was working at the gym fulltime between gigs). Keeping the hours on the weekends, allows me to make a little pocket money, and keep my gym membership, and keeps those social skills fresh at the same time. *lol*

BennettBoy
08-07-2002, 07:46 AM

as for the commitment thing....well, the way i look at it, marriage is a comitment for life. and you have to be really careful who you choose to make that commitment with. I got out of a pretty bad 6-year relationship a couple years ago, and i'm still recovering. I'm not so much a commitmentphobe now as i was last year this time...(i was truly enjoying just having the freedom to just be me), but i would still eb a bit wary about having some sort of committed relationship now. It jsut makes life so much more complicated, ya know?

I'm wid ya homie:D When I got married I thought it was supposed to be for life. Guess my wife didn't feel that way LOL....every time we had problems she wanted a divorce:eek:

Anyway, I've enjoyed being single again this past year. I've hooked up with a couple gals for a few nights together LOL....but I swear the thought of another long term commitment scares me.

Sometimes I wished I was more of a womanizer that would just pick up girls at a whim for one night stands, but I've never been like that. I do admit to being jealous of guys that can do it though.

Next time around.....I think I'll just shack up awhile:D

Tryska
08-07-2002, 07:56 AM
pfft....there seems to be no such thing as casual for me. i guess i'm able to do it, but it's hard getting them to leave after. ;)

hee hee..j/k.

i've been celibate for a while. a long.....long while.

did i mention it's been a while?

BennettBoy
08-07-2002, 09:01 AM
Tryska, do you need me to take a road trip to Atlanta? It's only a 3.5 hour drive:D

You know I'm joking gal!

Tryska
08-07-2002, 09:27 AM
*lol*

i think i'll be able to hang in there bb. i don't even know what the celibacy is about..i guess when the time is right, it will be the right time. ;)

the doc
08-07-2002, 01:01 PM
tryska, what is with this celibacy thing?

With such a fine ass, you ought to be sharing it with someone ;)

Tryska
08-07-2002, 01:17 PM
*lol*

hush about the ass tuttut that's our secret. ;)

as for the celibacy thing....i haven't really run across the "right" guy yet, i guess. I get attracted to one, and then i find something about him i don't like, and i decide it's better off left alone, ya know?

i guess i'm just looking for that guy who doesn't turn me off within the first few minutes. you'd be surprised how difficult a task that is. never thought i'd be that choosy, but i mean come on...how many normal guys REALLY train their legs? *lol*

Kayak_boy
08-07-2002, 05:22 PM
i slept amazingly well, and that back twinge is gone at the moment, so i'm guessing maybe it was a knot or a minor strain or something. who knows.

anyways...tantric sex can i guess be considered a form of tantric yoga, as the tools you leanr from practicing the yoga aid in practicing that style of sex. you know what i mean?

and actually i am working at 2 diff places. The IT job during the week, and keep some hours at the gym on weekends. (i was working at the gym fulltime between gigs). Keeping the hours on the weekends, allows me to make a little pocket money, and keep my gym membership, and keeps those social skills fresh at the same time. *lol*

Good to hear the back is better.... just don't push it now, do hear??

Well if that's the case with tantric yoga I'm gonna start paying a hell of a lot more attention!!!:D LOL!!!!

I was the same Missy, was in a pretty ordinary 5 year relationship, and I jumped ship. Best thing I could have ever done 'cos I've met the most wonderful, beautiful, funny caring girl in the world and I'm as happy as a pig in sh!t at the moment. But I'm taking it easy and seeing how it pans out this time. I think marriage should be for life, so I want to make the perfect choice.

That's a hell of a lot of work you got going there Missy. Geez, that'd kill me, all I'd be able for is sleep, never mind training!! But I suppose keeping those social skills fresh is important.... especially with social skills like yours!!!!:p

Tryska
08-07-2002, 07:54 PM
*lol* yeah..it's hectic but not too bad...the gym job is just weekend afternoons which is prolly time i'd just be spending watching tv or in the gym anyways, and it's not overly taxing. i make smoothies ferchrissakes. ;)

anyways..you are very lucky to have found a good girl that's good for you. I don't know if it's the city I live in or what, but truly cool guys that i can vibe with on different levels are few and far between here. or maybe i'm just a freak. who knows. I'm pretty confident eventually i'm gonna wind up in the same space and time as the guy that's right for me, so i'll just relax and enjoy the ride int he meantime.

in any case..on to today's chest session - not stellar, but not as messed up as last week either:

today i chose o just keep going even if i couldn't make the reps within my sets, i just aimed for a specific grand total reps.

Bench: 65x7; 65x6; 65x7
DB Incline Flyes:40x8; 50x3; 40x6x2 (i think that 10lb jump was too much...why don't i have 22.5s here?)
Assisted Dips: 75x7x3
OH Pess: 30x10; 40x4x2; 30x6
French Press: 30x8x3

Chest is really my weakest bodypart and it takes me so long to progress here...not like back and legs at all. I'm not sure waht to do, and lord knows i've tried everythign so i guess i've just got to be patient. argh.

well that's that....peace out, y'all!

ElPietro
08-07-2002, 07:58 PM
Your journal definitely should be in general chat. Mrs. ;)

Tryska
08-07-2002, 08:09 PM
hee hee..oh yeah i forgot about jamaica. and the whole marriage for hire thing...ermmm...

:hide:

and as for it being in genral chat or not.....if your not part of the solution, your part of the problem assface,

ElPietro
08-07-2002, 08:12 PM
hee hee..oh yeah i forgot about jamaica. and the whole marriage for hire thing...ermmm...

:nod:

Kayak_boy
08-07-2002, 08:14 PM
All good things to those who wait.

YOu hearing me Missy??

ANd I'm the same with bloody chest, it's definitely my weak point.

Tryska
08-07-2002, 08:16 PM
bah! I hate waiting. i'm glad someone else feels my pain tho.

Kayak_boy
08-07-2002, 08:24 PM
I'm feeling it, I'm feeling it!!:D

McBain
08-08-2002, 12:34 AM
:hello: hey trys, just popped in to say hello

Tryska
08-08-2002, 07:32 AM
hey mcbain! :hello:

how ya been?

McBain
08-08-2002, 11:33 PM
things are ok, the usual girl troubles but what can you do. exams for the next two weeks, prolly wont be posting a great deal so stay out of trouble:D

hows things up your end?

Tryska
08-09-2002, 07:14 AM
peachy keen..but hella busy. i'm enjoying it tho!

Tryska
08-09-2002, 07:53 PM
w00t! LEG DAY!

man..i am drained, nauseous and hungry all at the same time right now. so i guess i'll call it a fairly decent session. i forgot my freakin journal, so i had no idea what waits i topped out at last week, so i had to guesstimate. some of it i was on point, some of it off. took my squat a little lighter today, as i decided to venture into that land below parallel. that was a freakin challenge. it's almost like entirely different muscles come into play once you go past 90 degrees. it really made my low-back hurt, and i don't know if that was because of my form or just me, or that's what's supposed to happen or what? it wasn't like i hurt anything..it was jsut muscle spasms. still not sure tho, if i'm doing it right.

anyways..onto the weights:

Squats (below parallel): 65x8; 95x8x2 (i'm presumign this will go up next week as i will be more comfortable with change in stance and the new depth)
SLDL: 95x8x3
BB Lunges: 45x12; 65x12x2 (6 each leg)
Calf Raises: 90x15x3

that's it...as soon as the nausea quits i'm gonna eat.

Kayak_boy
08-11-2002, 08:42 PM
So did you eat?

Tryska
08-13-2002, 09:23 PM
as a matter of fact, i think i did. *lol*

well i just got back in from st louis. all in all the trip....well...the trip kinda sucked.

it started out on an interesting note, when i my friend dropped me off at the airport and i ran into a guy i knew YEARS ago. i swear i haven't seen him in like 10 years and he's from back home in NEW YORK. funny we wound up running into each other at Atlanta's airport. ALso met his english cousin. I have no idea why they were in town, but it was allr ather odd.

also, since i didn't get my corporate charge card, and i'm broke as all hell since i haven't got a charge card, this trip was made on 20 dollars. 10 of which i got the night before from tips. :rolleyes:

anyhoo...i've made it back safe and sound with 8 bucks to spare, but i've bene living on continental breakfasts (read, crappy carb junk and even crappier coffee), free cafetaria food, and vending machine crap.

it was fun. (NOT)

ps - either the people in Atlanta are rather fit, or those midwestern folks are pretty darn fat! :eek:

Kayak_boy
08-13-2002, 09:57 PM
You're kinda fit Missy!;)

Sounds like a stinker of a trip!

Tryska
08-13-2002, 10:07 PM
yeah..it was uncomfortable, but the holiday inn i stayed at was rather nice.

i just couldn;t get over how fat everyone was there. i don't think i saw even one skinny girl.

not to mention there fashion sense seems to be a few years behind.

nice people tho...very friendly.

ectx
08-13-2002, 10:37 PM
Hey there sexy avatar WBB cyber goddess. ;) Survived on $20!?!?!? I'm impressed. I'll be going up for an interview in St. Louis in September...anything I should watch out for or see when I get there?

ps. a leg day without nausea ain't a good leg day. :)

Kayak_boy
08-13-2002, 11:57 PM

i don't think i saw even one skinny girl.

Didn't you look in the mirror the whole time you were there??:p

nice people tho...very friendly.

Do they all say y'all there too Missy??:D

the doc
08-14-2002, 12:04 AM
ace leg workout girl ;)

Tryska
08-14-2002, 09:14 AM
ectx...i didn't actually see much of st louis proper as i was out in fenton...whereabouts are you gonna be? about the only thing i can say is that i was very very impressed with the hotel i stayed at. It was one of the most well-kept good-service having holiday Inn expresses i've stayed at. and trust me, i've got some holiday inn horror stories. also, 105.something fm is a pretty cool radio station.

i heard the st louis zoo is real good and you have to do the arch.

kayak..pfft..i'm nowhere near skinny, but still....a lot of the girls around here in atlanta are real skinny. I was really taking note and your average atlantan looks quite fit, especially compared ot other places, i think. dunno why that is, but it struck em as strange.

as for the y'all thing...they are almost southern some of them do,...but apparently talking with a twang is severely looked down upon. I think Missouri has a complex because they are right on the border. ;)

and doc...thank you behbeh ;)

the doc
08-14-2002, 11:44 AM
hey tryska! :hello:
maybe the whole gay thing keeps atlantans thin

Kayak_boy
08-14-2002, 05:26 PM
I've seen the pictures Missy, I know you're well fit.:)

And I'm laughing my a$$ off at Doc. Are there that many gay's there? geez, you wanna come to Sydney, the place is full of them.

the doc
08-14-2002, 11:22 PM
yeah they are there.
And they all work at tryska's gym :eek:

Kayak_boy
08-15-2002, 12:02 AM
Sounds nice....... Not!

What I hate about gays is the way they eye me up at the pool or on the beach. Fine, do your thing and enjoy yourself, but don't make me feel uncomfortable doing it, that's what I reckon. $hit, was I on the soapbox there?? :soapbox:

Oh, and the way they say "S" is enough to drive me phucking mad! :shoot:

Other than that they're lovely people!!;)

Tryska
08-15-2002, 07:35 AM
yeah from what i've seen and heard of Sydney, it's quite comparable to Atlanta in that aspect. I don't mind one way or the other.....Every Woman needs a gay boyfriend. I'm lucky enough to have several. *lol*

and thanks for the compliment, mister. ;)

Kayak_boy
08-15-2002, 05:35 PM
What is it with chicks hanging with gay boys?? Fag Hags!! Is it that you feel safe in their presence and stuff?? I suppose I can understand why!

Compliment?? I was only saying it as it is Missy!:)

Tryska
08-16-2002, 06:58 AM
mmm...no..not safe exactly. it's more like.....with a gay man, you can talk to him about anything, especially relationships and men. You can do that with girlfriends, true enough, but a gay man has a perspective on men that a woman doesn't, and that info is invaluable. Plus gay men make great dates because they are the consummate gentlemen, and really know how to treat a woman well, much better then many straight guys, and when you are out and about with one, you feel like a princess. or at least that's how it is with the gay men i go out with.

plus I can go shopping and my "boyfriends" enjoy it...we can try on clothes, go shoe shopping, cruise the guys and pick out great outfits.

you couldn't do most of the above with a straight boyfriend. well unless he has a thing for shoes and feet..then you can go shoe shopping with him.

and lastly...gay clubs have the best dance music. ;)