PDA

View Full Version : Ms. Decophile Revisited

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Kayak_boy
08-18-2002, 07:00 PM
Geez, I hope my chick feels like a princess when she's with me, I know I try and make her feel like such.

And as for shopping, well I'm the worst ever.... love it! And so does my girlfriend, so it's all good!

I do get your point on the male perspective, that's very true, and handy.

And Missy, please, Gay house music has just gone to sh!t. The original Chicago house music was just magic, truely amazing music, but the $hit they churn out these days, hate it I do!

Tryska
08-18-2002, 07:24 PM
oooh...you like chicago house???

like the older stuff?

(i can't stand old chicago house..it sounded like some sort of tweaked disco....the newer house djs have some good stuff tho...I really like DJ Mea..but she sings her own tracks so it's more trancery sounding to me. love her voice. www.djmea.com)`

i was more a new york house fan myself. some of the club techno sucks...but the latin house, deep house, and trace kicks much ass.

Kayak_boy
08-18-2002, 07:45 PM
Yeah, I used to play heaps of that stuff (used to spend a lot of time Djing once upon a time!).:D

But for me the best music from the US (outside of Old Skool Hip Hop) is Detroit techno..... I love that shiat!

But it's years since I listened to any of that stuff, I got really big into Drum 'n' Bass and left all those four four beats to collect dust!

And I don't know how you like that latin house sh!t, geez it annoys me!

But deep house has it's place, it occasionally used to be on my decks!

:D

Tryska
08-18-2002, 07:54 PM
i LOVE DnB!!!!

love love love it. And jungle as well. And trance alot..but as much as i love it...trance sometimes sends me into a wee depression. strange i know, but i don't know why. And i dig latin just about anything. love the beats and the horns. I don't think i'm real familiar with detroit techno tho. I'm definitely east coast when it comes to music. i'm not sure what the rest of the country is doing.

oh btw.....i'm sure your girl feels like a princess. you seem like a right gentleman to me. ;)

Kayak_boy
08-18-2002, 08:09 PM
Drum 'n' Bass is just awesome. I think it went a bit off the tracks there for a while, got way too hard and two step and angry and dark, but there are some fantastic tunes on the go again lately. But Sydney isn't a hot pot for it, so that's no good!:( It's when I hear some great dnb that I wish I was back in Dublin going mad with my mates!:D

What sort of dnb do you listen to Missy?

I really hope she does Missy, 'cos I think the world of her. Things haven't been 100% lately, but I think we're back on track, hopefully anyway. Watch this space!

Tryska
08-18-2002, 08:12 PM
well i'm sure it will sort itself out as time goes on. ;)

as for me..i don't liek the really dark heavy stuff either. I prefer the more...jungle type beats....and the stuff that i can only describe as speed industrial. Atlanta is more of a happycore and commercial techno town...but i have a friend here who is a dnb dj and he keeps me in the loop on parties he does and always hits me off with promo cds.

I'd have to say as far as djs my favorite is still DieselBoy.

Kayak_boy
08-18-2002, 08:25 PM
Yeah, DieselBoy is the biggest thing over there, hey?

I'm really single minded (and I know it's very bad of me!) but I can't look to far beyond the UK as regards Drum n Bass. It's where all the best stuff has come from, and I think it's a very UK sound.

Listen to this lot of you get a chance, some of the greatest tracks ever, but Number 12 should have been Number 1 in my opinion! Thgere's a good mix of old skool, and new harder stuff in here too. Enjoy!:D

http://www.breakbeat.co.uk/features/TheTop20Tunes/

And on that other thing, yeah, it'll sort itself out, and hopefully for the better. Cheers Missy.:)

Tryska
08-18-2002, 08:31 PM
i love breakbeats too. on that note I love Huda Hudia.

i will check out the link tomorrow as i've got to go to bed now. but i agree...UK is where it's at as far as club music goes. Dieselboy is just the homegrown talent we have....as far as i know there's a very small DnB/Jungle following in the US...compared to the trance and house folloowing around here. and of course those commericial people who jsut don't know any better.

on another note..you know who is blowing up commercially around here right now? Dirty Vegas with Years Gone By. (it wa sused in a Mistubishi Eclipse advert, prior to release, and now they've got Middle America all over them. I find it so funny. It is a great tune tho. )

Kayak_boy
08-18-2002, 08:34 PM
Do have a listen, some good stuff there, a good mix of different drum n bass too.

You sleep well Missy, catch you soon, take care.:D

Tryska
08-20-2002, 05:20 AM
it has been a long time since i've heard champion sound...*lol*

i've got this cd of really really old dub from like the 70's.....it's much muc slower then the jungle....but it is good stuff.

it's funny listening through those tracks hearing how elemental DNB was in the 90's and how much more intricate it has become since.

put me in a mood to put one of my favorite cds in the car cd player today.

Franco
08-20-2002, 07:31 AM
Originally posted by Tryska
it has been a long time since i've heard champion sound...*lol*

OH MY GOD, WHAT A TUNE:D

Ahem...yeah your right T the British scene in the early to mid 90's was simply amazing with the likes of DJ's such as Ellis Dee, Sy, Ratpack (to name but a few) mashing up venues all over the scene. It's having somewhat of a revival now with frequent events in London. On e thign i've got to say is the vibe is so much better than say the garage scene when it was at its peak in the late 90's. The garage scene had all these wannabe yardie gangsters tooled up and going into clubs/raves and starting all matter of fracas.

Here's a list of audio of classic tunes from the early 90's up until 2000.
http://www.backtotheoldskool.co.uk/rave_history_index.htm
Enjoy:D

Tryska
08-20-2002, 07:57 AM
thanks fran.....it figures beat junkies come out of the woodwork for a good music convo. *lol*

i think you had given me that link many moons ago, and I wasn't able to get at it....i'll try ti again today when my co-worker goes to lunch.

Kayak_boy
08-20-2002, 05:35 PM
Have either of you huys ever heard the Bad Company remix of Champion Sound?? It's the most amazing track.

So did you agree with that Top 20? I wouldn't agree with the top few tracks voted, thing there have been others that have been better.

And where was Omni Trio, Nu Birth of Cool?? The first time I ever heard it the hairs on my neck stood upright!

And what about Super Sharp Shooters? Geez I love it. I actually have it on a limited promo vinyl myself. God I miss not having my vinyl with me!:(

Franco
08-21-2002, 03:35 AM
Easy Now Kayak, that mix of champion is far better than the one on the breakbeat site, at raves it gets rewound like five times. Completely insane!!!

Omni Trio is ace also.

I also like stuff ranging from the early days of house e.g. Frankie Knuckles. Then the early 90's brought about the hardcore scene this is where Prodigy came onto the scene, also all those uplifitng tunes with their piano riffs were at their peak at time. Later on in the mid 90's the scene split into D'N'B and Jungle

Tryska
08-21-2002, 05:13 AM
god....i use to dance to Frankie Knuckles at the Latin Quarter in NYC back in the day....those were my first days on the club scene.

Tryska
08-21-2002, 08:01 AM
Spiderman in Atlanta (http://yonkis.ya.com/flash/spiderman.htm)

the music sucks, but the sentiment fits.

Franco
08-21-2002, 09:06 AM
Lol@gay spidey. Your right the sentiment fits perfectly:)

Tryska
08-21-2002, 09:25 AM
baha..isn't that great? i got the gif of just spidey in email and it's been cracking me up for three days now.

Franco
08-21-2002, 09:35 AM
It's damn ace. Robboe showed it to me a while back, sweet animation though

Kayak_boy
08-21-2002, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by FAngel
Easy Now Kayak, that mix of champion is far better than the one on the breakbeat site, at raves it gets rewound like five times. Completely insane!!!

It is, hey??

Has to be one of the most rewound trackes ever, love it!:D

Tryska
08-27-2002, 08:21 AM
sorry...i know it seems like i've been slacking the past few weeks, but i haven't really been feeling up to par...and it's been particularly bad the last couple of weeks.

I went to my endo yesterday, and i did in fact need a med increase, so i anticipate being back to training either next week or the week after....we'll jsut take it day by day and see what happens.

i feel weak and flabby though, i'llt el you that much.

Kayak_boy
08-27-2002, 05:35 PM
Hey Missy, chin up, you'll pull through.:)

Suppose just take it easy until the body tells ya it's ready to go again.

Take care.

Tryska
08-28-2002, 04:25 AM
yeah...that's pretty much what i've been doing kb. :)

i figure if i just take it day by day and rest as much as possible, when that craving for a leg session comes on, it won't be half-assed ;)

Kayak_boy
08-28-2002, 05:37 PM
Nothing could be half assed with a bad ass like you! :D

Tryska
08-29-2002, 07:35 AM
hee hee....you always say exactly the right thing don't ya? *lol*

Kayak_boy
08-29-2002, 05:39 PM
Go on outta that...... you're making me blush!!!:D :redface:

Tryska
08-30-2002, 04:17 AM
*lol*

you know tho? i would really like to thank you for checking in on my journal and saying a little something to me every time. I really do appreciate that. it makes my day that someone cares enough to read and respond to my crap. ;)

you are a good man, mister. :thumbup:

Kayak_boy
09-01-2002, 07:07 PM
Don't be silly Missy, it's a pleasure dropping by.

And besides, I only read good chicks journals!!:p

Take care.

Tryska
09-03-2002, 07:46 PM
hee hee..well thanks mister! :thumbup:

well after a brief hiatus i got back in the gym this evening. I must say the session was so-so but it felt good to work my body again.

It was back/bis:

TB deads: 95x10; 145x10; 165x8
Chins: 90x6; 80x10x2 (lost some strength here)
Machine Row: 50x10; 60x8; 40x10 (really struggled here)
Shrugs: 115x10x3 (perfect form on bb)
Curls: 25x10; 30x8; 40x6 (struggled hardcore on that last set)

i have an awesome forearm pump tho and that's what counts. ;)

I think next back session i'm gonna switch up and put pullups first I'd like to progress on those for bit, as my dead is pretty decent now, i don't mind holding right about there for a while, and concentrate on hitting my back other ways (ie pullup and row) my row is absolutely shite, and i think it's because it's the bottom of the heap.

any thoughts, advice, etc?

that's it....lataz.

the doc
09-03-2002, 07:52 PM
hey there missy, no problem with that. Just remember tu use those straps-
THe lats aren't a main mover in TB deads so the may actually be a nice warmup for chins... but i always do chins first anyway

way to go on the TB deads :strong:

Tryska
09-03-2002, 08:03 PM
so do you think chins first or rows first doc?

the doc
09-03-2002, 08:30 PM
i myself like doing chins first. If you want to progress in them then I'd do them first,

After heavy rows i dont know that i could chin except with some serious assistance

also your volume may be a bit high. Not that i'd do anything about it now, but maybe if you hit a stagnant point then you could drop those 3rd sets

Tryska
09-04-2002, 03:52 AM
mmmm.....interesting point. right now i'd like to focus on progressing on chins, just cuz i'm so close to bw, but my rows def need some work too. perhaps i'll do chins first until i'm satisfied there, and then work on rows, and then rotate back round to deads.

(and possibly drop a set if necessary) ;) thanks doc!

the doc
09-04-2002, 06:31 PM
way to go woman!
we will have to party when you dump the assist machine!!

Dont worry about the rows, they will progress as your lats develop.
just not as much/ as fast since they are a secondary set in your routine.

Tryska
09-04-2002, 07:17 PM
woohoo...i want a party when i''ve graduated up to bw. shawn and i celebrated when i graduated to grown people weights. (meaning he sang really badly and did a touchdown dance on the gym floor)

hee hee. i miss that boy. i hate when y'all graduate and move away. *pout*

anyways...it seems my 3 week hiatus did nothing for me in the strength-gaining department. ah well, i guess hypo was never known for it's strength-gaining side-effects. *sigh*

anyways....today's chest session:

Bench: 45x12; 55x8; 65x5
DB Incline Flyes: 40x8x3
Dips: 80x8x2; 80x6 :(
OH Press: 20x12; 30x7x2
Pressdowns: 40x12; 50x10x5

i notice this first week back that my strength flags rather quickly and i progressively do poorer and poorer through the workout. is this an out-of-practice thing? and endurance thing? (it's not really happenned before) perhaps i should have given myself another week? this is the first week i've been feeling truly normal again, and i was itching to get back in the gym, so i dunno. :(

the doc
09-04-2002, 07:58 PM
drop some of those third sets on your chest.

also see if the problem continues
could be a lack of adequate glycogen stores

Tryska
09-04-2002, 08:05 PM
oh trust me...i've been eating a larger amount of carbs these past 3 weeks to compensate for the low energy, and also to kinda kickstart some more t-4. so i don't think it's that.

maybe i will drop a set next time and see what happens.

Franco
09-05-2002, 03:26 AM
(meaning he sang really badly and did a touchdown dance on the gym floor)

Lol, that must've been a sight to behold

s_hinobi
09-05-2002, 03:38 AM
thats incredible 32 pages !!!:bash:

Tryska
09-05-2002, 05:03 AM
but the beauty is...it'[s not all total crap! there are some pretty regular workouts in this thing. i may have to go prune it sometime soon tho.

Kayak_boy
09-09-2002, 08:35 AM
But lets be honest, there's a load of crap in here too!!!:p

Mostly by me it must be said.

Anyway, it's been a few days since you workout, how you feeling Missy?

Tryska
09-09-2002, 08:38 AM
feeling pretty good actually. skipped legs on friday cuz i was pretty tired after work. I think i might have done a little too much a little too soon as i was having some difficulty with recovery.

anyways, i'm gearing up for legs tonight...and i'm wondering whether i should switch my split back to the 2 day push-pull i was doing, or keep the 3-day split i have now, and just drop sets on the exercises.

the reason i want to keep the 3 day is because i like doing flyes as well as bench if that makes any sense.

Kayak_boy
09-09-2002, 08:46 AM
Well do the two in the one session, that's what I do. Although you know with the shoulder problem I have at the monent I'm doing neither excercise, but as soon as it's ok I'll do the two.

Tryska
09-09-2002, 08:52 AM
you mean change it to a 2-day split, and do both chest exercises within the push session?

Kayak_boy
09-09-2002, 09:05 AM
Yeah.

What I do is Chest, tris, shoulders and then back and bis the other session.

Tryska
09-09-2002, 09:06 AM
but what about my legs? ;)

Kayak_boy
09-09-2002, 09:08 AM
Those legs??

They look good enough already, no work to be done there!!;)

Tryska
09-09-2002, 09:09 AM
:eek:

*blushes*

Kayak_boy
09-09-2002, 09:11 AM
Tee hee!:)

Tryska
09-09-2002, 07:14 PM
*lol*

well if i didn't train those legs, i would feel like a wussy 24/7. Thank god for a strong lower body. My glycogen levels must have been topped offf well today, because there was no burn to be had. methinks i might end up feeling it tomorrow tho.

Legs:
Squats - 135x7x3
SLDL - 95x8x3
Lunges - 45x12; 65x12x2
Seates Calf Raises: 90x15x3

good session....basically wasn't aiming for improvement today, just wanted to see if my strength had fallen off any here over my break, but i see it hasn't. those lunges were a tad bit wobbly an by the time i got to the calf machine i could feel meal 4 bubbling up in my throat tho. that wasn't fun.

oh just to update, here's an idea of what i'm eating these days:

6am - 2 hardboiled eggs
9am - 1/2 cup oats w/tbsp honey
12pm - beef stew
3pm - pumpkin seeds, pistachios and dried mango
6pm - myoplex mrp with OJ
9pm - salmon patty

roughly 2000-ish cals, 40f/30p/30c (the fats are primarily EFAS with the incidental saturated fat coming from the meat and eggs)

Tryska
09-10-2002, 06:56 PM
holy shite! I forgot just how sucky cardio was! especially the high-intensity kind.

well i just finished 30min HIIT-style interval session. it felt good, and after 5 months of not really doing that style of cardio, i am definitely de-conditioned. i did a little stretch session afterwards and gossiped with one of my favorite co-workers. oh and cruised guys too. that's always fun.

anyways....that's all, decided i'm gonna start tracking cardio on here too.

Kayak_boy
09-11-2002, 02:38 AM
This is going to be a 60 page journal in no time!:D

Tryska
09-11-2002, 07:24 AM
*lol* i know..i may have to find the time to prune it soon.

Kayak_boy
09-11-2002, 09:12 AM
*lol* i know..i may have to find the time to prune it soon.

It's such a pain in the a$$ having to do a prune session, I'd just leave it Missy.

You could stop it reaching 60 too quickly by not doing too much cardio..... and I reckon you wouldn't mind that!!;)

Tryska
09-11-2002, 09:18 AM
no i wouldn't but i have to. *lol*

perhaps i just won't mention the cardio.

Kayak_boy
09-11-2002, 09:23 AM
Nah, I think you should, it gives a better perspective of what you do as part of your program and may help others to help you if you have some problems or whatever.

Plus it's funny reading how much you dislike cardio!

:p

Tryska
09-11-2002, 09:31 AM
*lol*

it's the whole gasping out of breath thing really, that i don't like.

i really dig the endorphin high tho.

Kayak_boy
09-11-2002, 09:39 AM
I just love my cardio work. I'm kinda at a stage where I don't really get out of breath at paddling, it's the lactate that kills me.

Swimming can be a struggle some days, but running can really get me breathing deep. I think I've been blessed with a good aerobic system.

But stick at it Missy, it'll get easier, much easier.

Tryska
09-11-2002, 06:54 PM
yeah i agree. cardio was a piece of cake 5 months ago. i used to do lots of hardcore cardio. *lol* it will just take time to get back there. I knew i was deconditioned since i've been doing the low intensity stuff, so i decided to rev up the intensity a bit on the elliptical before graduating back into my old jogging interval routine. it will take a bit, but i'm hoping for a quick rebound.

in other news, who knew greif gives you strength int he gym? I had a damn good chest session today....

Chest/Tris:
Bench: 45x12 (w/u); 65x8; 70x6x2
DB Incline Flyes: 40x10; 50x5x2
Dips: 80x9; 90x4 (dropped a set)
Superset-
OH Press/Side Lat Raises: 30x10x2/20x10x2
Pressdowns: 50x15; 60x12 (i just had the most difficult time failing....i think dropping a dip set, set my triceps up to not be so fatigues this time.)

anyways..that's that. it has been a very emotionally trying day, and i will be of to bed early tonight.

Tryska
09-12-2002, 07:02 PM
okay...i'm getting back in the swing of this cardio crap.

today was a 20 minute walk/jog interval day. I've been thinking i'm just gonna go ahead and rotate my cardio and 20-30 minutes of whatever, rather then get stuck in cardio rut.

i also had a gym work meeting today and won 10 bucks, which i will use to treat my friend tomorrow on our lunch date aka my cheat meal for the week. :D

things are gonna get interesting with my real job soon, as i found out my co-worker will gave his notice today. something tells me this means a lot more travel for me. this is either a good thing or a bad thing. we'll see.

that's that.

Pup
09-12-2002, 08:01 PM
nice work oh empress of badassness :)

Franco
09-13-2002, 01:11 AM
Bench: 70x6x2

Booyah !!!:)

Tryska
09-13-2002, 04:21 AM
aww...thanks for noticing fran! it only took me 4 months to add that 5lbs. :) errrrrrr :(....:cry:

hee hee...thanks puparooni.

xraygirl
09-13-2002, 05:09 PM
...it only took me 4 months to add that 5lbs...
I feel your pain! I've been festering, stagnating and rotting at the same wt for the db flyes forever! :mad: Anyhoo...congrats girlie :thumbup:

Tryska
09-13-2002, 07:16 PM
*lol* x, thanks for empathizing, man. it's tough especially when you sit there trying to compare weights with boys in their teens and early twenties :rolleyes:. i really should stop that.

anyhoo...just finished my new-style back session today...it went ok:

Assisted Chins: 90x8x2 (i was disappointed that it was this low considering i was on fresh horses, but i could feel my bis doing most of the work, and not my back. perhaps a pre-exhaust, or switching rows to first is a better idea)

Yates Row: 65x10x2 (i did one set of 50lb machine rows first as a warmup - this actually felt really good. I was able to really fox on making my upper back do the work, something i really couldn't feel after the deads and chins. the more i think about it, the more i feel i should put the row first, and then chin, and then dead.)

TB Deads: 145x8; 165x10 ( i guess i needed a warmup...either by the tiem i finished that set of 10, CNS was fried)
Shrugs: 115x12; 135x10
Curls: 40x12
Concentration Curls: 10x12

all in all a fairly good back session. only disappointment was the poor showing on chins.

that's it. sayonara.

xraygirl
09-14-2002, 08:10 PM
...the more i think about it, the more i feel i should put the row first, and then chin...
That's what I do and much prefer it to chins first. Unless I'm doing negatives. Then those have to go first or there's nothing left after the rows.
How do your do your TB Deads? I've started to do TB rows with the reverse grip and boom my weights are finally moving up on those.

Tryska
09-14-2002, 09:56 PM
you use the trap bar for rows?

i just stand up like i was gonna shrug and then kinda squat down holding it, and then oull back up.

how do you do rows with that, because i can't figure out how?

do you do one-arm dumbbell rows at all? i haven't tried those yet.

xraygirl
09-14-2002, 11:16 PM
Whoa, TB means trap bar to you right? I saw TB and automatically thought t-bar. My bad. Nevermind...

Orange357
09-14-2002, 11:18 PM

Yates Row:

I try not to bother you...but what are these?

Tryska
09-15-2002, 09:40 AM
posting in my journal is never a bother, orange! ;)

a yates row, is a bent-over bb row, but with an underhand grip instead of overhanded. i find them more comfortamble, because for some reaosn the overhand rows kinda torque my wrists.

x---oh okay. *lol* i wasn't sure what the mechanics would be doing rows with a trap-bar. But i may just add in t-bar rows now that you've mentioned them. i'm always looking for a new row.

xraygirl
09-15-2002, 04:36 PM
Yep, I do my T-bar rows underhanded. Would those be called Yates T-bar? Anyway, like you said, underhanded is more comfortable.

PrinterPaper
09-16-2002, 02:59 AM
Hello, quick question for you. How many total calories would you say to intake a day? You might have noticed I'm posting this exact question in the other ladies journals as well. I'm just getting some info for my gf who seems to be undereating and has therefore hit a plateau with her weight loss.

Thanks in advance :)

Tryska
09-16-2002, 04:43 AM
i don't think an active woman who trains hard really should be taking in less than 2000 cals a day, regardless of weight.

12xbodyweight is a good number to start with, but i know for myself i absolutely wil not lose fat if i go below 2000 cals, and my body functions best at 21-2200.

Franjipani
09-16-2002, 05:03 AM
i don't think an active woman who trains hard really should be taking in less than 2000 cals a day, regardless of weight.

Hey Tryska,

There seems to be a few of us on this site now unsure as to the number of calories that need to be consumed in order to lose weight... :confused:

When you are talking about "training hard" would you say doing cardio 4 times a week & weights 3 times a week fall into that category????? I'm taking in about 1500 per day and really want to lose fat NOT muscle...

Tryska
09-16-2002, 05:06 AM
yeah.....volume-wise that would be training hard, but for myself, i've found the intensity of the weight-training i do, really dictates how much food i require.

if i eat less than 2000 cals a day, and i'm trainign with intensity, i won't be able to go to sleep, because i need more food. i automatically bump up my calls on leg days as well, because my body needs it.

i would bump up your calories some, in the form of protein, so that you get muscle-sparing as well.

PrinterPaper
09-16-2002, 03:57 PM
Thanks Tryska, very good info. She is hovering around 1,200 to 1,300 and we both felt that was too low. :)

Tryska
09-16-2002, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by xraygirl
Yep, I do my T-bar rows underhanded. Would those be called Yates T-bar? Anyway, like you said, underhanded is more comfortable.

*lol* i totally missed this before, x! I dunno tho...you'd have to ask chigs. he was the person i first heard the term "yates row" from, and then doc showed me how to do them when he was odwn here visiting.

Printer Paper..no problem bro....i think y'all should go ahead and up those cals. My feeling is, if it feels like the cals are too low, then my all means up them to a level where you feel comfortable and energetic, while carrying a heavy training schedule. I figure the best way to do this is 250 cals more each day for a week. if that doesn't feel right, raise it again. Magazines and books can give you all sorts of figures, but they should just be used as guideline. if your following what soem amg says and you feel like shite, then it's prolly not the right thing for your body, for whatever reason.

now, on to my leg session. change dit up a bit, and damn it was one serious sesison, for me. i am freakin whupped right now.

here goes....

Legs:
Walking Lunges: 40x18x2 (doing weighted lunges downhill is not recommended. i almost killed myself a couple of times)
Step-Ups: 40x20x2 (i know these numbers and the numbers for the lunges look big, but remember..i have 2 legs.)
Leg Press: 185x12 (dunno why i did this. think i'm dropping it from this routine, as it was rather pointless.)
Squats: 135x10; 95x12 (i dropped weight, because that 135 was reallit sucky form. i was leaning over way too much, as my legs were alreayd fatigued from the lunges)
SLDLs: 95x10x2
Calf Raises: 90x20x2 ( this should be raised next week)

now a couple stories: first off, i was asking some of my coworkers and fellow gym rats yesterdya, if i should maybe swap squats for leg extensions and curls instead....my one co-worker said, you could try, but squats are soemthing you crave, so i don't think it would work for you. Every freakin person who was ever a trainer before said...when i described my routine, "OH..your doing a circuit routine...what you want to do is medium weights and like 15-20 reps. don't stop between sets, and it will work great for you." I smiled politely. I finally asked another coworker of mine, with the biggest freakin calves ever, and also the biggest training partners in my gym. everyone this guy knows is just fackin hyooge. I explained my routine and he says.."OH..a mentzer style routine. That's how we train. Low volume and heavy." i said yeah, so what do you think of swappign out the squats...he says to me, real soft, and pondering-like..."i would never not squat. that's the best exercise ever, don't do it T." and that did it for me. :D

second story..i'm getting ready to do leg press, and this new trainer guy, was like.."hey you need help unracking that?" i said no....i'm gonna put more weight on as a matter of fact (it was 2 45s), and then he's like..how much do you doZ? i said, normally i just squat..and then he asked about my routine, and i tell him everything, and he's like.."you don't do extensions or curls?" I said dude....lunges, and squats are hitting my hams and glutes, stiff leggeds and stepups are hitting posterior chain, all of these are to failure, after 8 sets, why would i then add more isolated movements in? And then he's like yeah.....what do squats for you that the leg press doesn't? I looked at him like he was stupid. :rolleyes:

anyhoo..this was a long-ass entry, but that's that.

oh wait - no....this weeks menu:

M1 - 2 hardboiled eggs
M2 - oats and honey
m3 - enchilada casserole (recipe from M&F Hers, not bad, but i replaced all the fat-free crap with regular stuff as it had less carbs)
M4 - walnuts, pumpkin seeds and dried mango
M5 - myoplex and OJ
m6 - spinach artichoke casserole (another M&F Hers recipe - this one has added veg protein in there, comes to 37gs per serving. woohoo.)

ok..now i'm done.

Tryska
09-17-2002, 04:52 PM
i've taken today as rest day, as i need the sleep. so i decided, hey why not do he whole mudmask thing, relax....watch some tv, etc,e tc.

so i put the mudmask on, and it turns green right....and i'm waiting for the time to take it off, and someone knocks on my door. I said through the door, who is it? and the guy's like..it's the gas man! and i was like...okay...i'm gonna open this door, but no laughing. promise? and he's like...uhhhhh..yes ma'am.

so i open the door, and he's like..:eek: wha...what is that?

and i said...you promised not too laugh...it's a mudmask, i was exfoliating...and the gasman's like...well....it looks like you have a nice face underneath, the green suits you....anyways..just wanted ot let you know that i need to turn the gas off for a minute. I was like go to town guy...don't come back for another 20 minutes, or i still may have this mask on. he never came back. *lmao*

okay..i jsut had to share my goofy story.

Tryska
09-18-2002, 07:21 PM
well alrighty. back on the horsey after yesterday's rest day:

Chest:
Bench - 45x14(w/u); 75x5x2 (funny thing - i was aiming for 70, and inadvertently added 5lb plates on each end, instead of the 2.5s. I started doing my set, and thinking damn this feels heavier then last time...oh no..please don';t tell me that 70 was a fluke..DAMN! I didn't realize my little mistake until i went to unrack. *lol*)

DB Incline Flyes - 50x6x3
Assisted Dips - 90x5x2
OH Press - 35x10; 40x6
Pressdowns - 60x12; Rope Dropset 50-40-30x8

50 crunches/50 leg lifts

that's it. off to make a post in general health.

the doc
09-18-2002, 08:36 PM
lmao@ that story

ectx
09-19-2002, 12:34 AM
well alrighty. back on the horsey after yesterday's rest day:

Chest:
Bench - 45x14(w/u); 75x5x2 (funny thing - i was aiming for 70, and inadvertently added 5lb plates on each end, instead of the 2.5s. I started doing my set, and thinking damn this feels heavier then last time...oh no..please don';t tell me that 70 was a fluke..DAMN! I didn't realize my little mistake until i went to unrack. *lol*)

LOL I think everbody must have done this at least once in their journals. I have a very similar post of the same thing happening too me on bench in mine. I was really mad about it because I really thought something was wrong with me and not the bar.

btw, just got back from SL. Didn't go to that place, but I went to just about everywhere else. The SL I saw, sounds very diff. from the SL you saw. ;)

Tryska
09-19-2002, 05:03 AM
well for god's sake man......tell me where you went so i can go there too!

ectx
09-19-2002, 11:32 AM
Indian food on the West End (I think), Italian on The Hill, and a tapas bar for some port. Let's just call it a cheat day. :D All of them were great places to just hang out too.

Tryska
09-19-2002, 11:37 AM
interesting trip around the world.

wonder if i did that if i could expense the whole damn thing. *lol*

ectx
09-19-2002, 04:22 PM
Yeah...around the world. Didn't think I'd see that in SL.
I'm all about expense accounts. :D My host ended up spending about $700 that evening. I'm thinking he expensed it. ;) Nice expense accounts are good, mkay.

Tryska
09-19-2002, 04:37 PM
hee hee. yes they are. unfortunately i think my night in stl is gonna be spent doing intervals in the hotel gym. we've only got one car and rumor of some sort of "evening company-sponsored buffet style activity" :rolleyes:

Tryska
09-23-2002, 07:18 PM
well..i had a fair to middlin' back session today. my heart jsut wasn't in it, cuz i was busy thinking about my trip tomorrow.

anyways...here goes:

1 arm db rows: 15x12(w/u); 25x10; 30x8 (these were fun..i like this kinda row, actually)
Assisted Chins: 90x8x2
Deads: 145x8; 165x10
Shrugs: 115x12; 135x12
Curls: 40x12; Concentrations: 12.5x12

this weeks diet:
m1: 2 hardboiled eggs
m2: yogurt
m3: orange beef and vegetable stir-fry
m4: walnuts, pumpkin seeds and dried pineapple
m5: myoplex and oj
m6: shrimp and cod scampi and baby spinach

okay..that's it...lataz.

Franjipani
09-23-2002, 10:27 PM
m6 - spinach artichoke casserole (another M&F Hers recipe - this one has added veg protein in there, comes to 37gs per serving. woohoo.)

Hey T, care to share this little number ???:)

Tryska
09-24-2002, 03:48 AM
umm..sure thign fran...but it's got dairy in it. lots of it. :(

Franjipani
09-24-2002, 04:50 AM
umm..sure thign fran...but it's got dairy in it. lots of it. :(

*sigh* mkkaaaay, cancel that request:( . Keep me in mind for any others though;)

Kayak_boy
09-24-2002, 05:16 AM
What's doing' with ya Missy??

:hello:

Tryska
09-26-2002, 04:11 AM
hey mister!!!! :clap:

how have you been? thanks for swinging by my journal!

i've been outta town for the past couple days, but other than that i've been fine....really sleep-deprived tho. hee hee. what's up with you these days??

Tryska
09-30-2002, 06:44 PM
w00t!!

kickass interval session to start the week out right. I can already tell my knee is gonna act up tomorrow, but what the hell, it will be chest day anyways.

umm...did em on the treadie, 20 minutes, and i can't really say a structured time, as i went more by pulse this time. pushed into the 180s for a minute or so and then chilled til i was down in the 150s again. about 2 minutes or so.

this weeks meals:

m1: 2 hardboiled eggs
m2: oats and honey
m3: beef biryani
m4: myoplex and oj
m5: hot italian sausage and peppers

ectx
09-30-2002, 07:41 PM
Hey there Ms. Adorable Badass. Been back to SL? If not, when's the trip.

*Despamming qualifier*

Hot italian sausage and peppers...sounds good. Any special type? Hows the fat count on those?

*end despamming qualifier*

Tryska
10-01-2002, 07:45 AM
*lol* i was there last week. That trip wound up being a lot more fun, as i got to hang out with my otehr counterparts in the field. we wound up going to ellie forcelli's for dinner and booze. that was loads of fun. nice beer list.

anyways....i just use the sausage that comes from my farmers market, made fresh on site. I'm guessing the fat content is quite high, but fat's sorta irrelevant considering the type of diet i'm on (low carb). I figure it's a nice satisfying meal for post workout, pre-sleep.

galileo
10-01-2002, 07:52 AM
:spam:

Tryska
10-01-2002, 08:04 AM
:thumbup:

Kayak_boy
10-01-2002, 08:29 AM
hey mister!!!! :clap:

how have you been? thanks for swinging by my journal!

i've been outta town for the past couple days, but other than that i've been fine....really sleep-deprived tho. hee hee. what's up with you these days??

Hey Missy.

I've been great, and you?

Sounds like you're doing loads of traveling, hope you're having a laugh doing it and meeting loads of nice people.

My training is going well, although working at nights is making it really tough to make my two sessions per day. I'm also cutting up a good bit too due to all the extra training, so that's cool!!:D

You take care, catch you soon..... and train hard!!:p

Tryska
10-01-2002, 08:37 AM
yeah.. have been training hard. the traveling is putting a cramp in my style tho. two days gone in the middle of the week and my whole schedule gets thrown off.

thankfully i'm not travweling every week, so it allows me to at least make most of my days count.

Kayak_boy
10-01-2002, 10:05 AM
Well s long as you're making that ass badder then the little time you have is well spent!!:p

Tryska
10-01-2002, 10:16 AM
*lol*

damn straight, mister. :thumbup:

Kayak_boy
10-01-2002, 11:04 AM
That's my girl!!:clap:

Catch you soon Missy, take care and travel safe.:)

Tryska
10-02-2002, 04:32 AM
hee hee thanks kayak.....take care man!

ooh, it's too early in the morning to be doing journal entries, but i wasn't in the mood to do it last night. i wound up getting even more stressed leaving the gym, and had to decompress on the phone with my friend for an hour. I truly hate when people create drama for themselves and then try to suck you into it.

anyways...yesterday was a chest session:

Bench: 45 w/u; 70x6; 75x5
db flyes: 50x7x3
French Press: 30x10; 40x7
OH Press: 40x8x2
Pressdowns: 60x12; rope - 40x12
Abs - 50 crunches, 50 obliques

man....i need to get myself a good phone headset...i had my first major on the phone all day kinda day, and so had my neck crooked at this messed up angle all day. well, i didn't notice until i was in my 1st set of flyes, that my neck mmuscle was spasming and hurting. It's been doing it all night too.

my queendom for a massage. :(

ElPietro
10-02-2002, 07:28 AM
Pfft! DOMS from the phone? I hereby dub you...."softcore."

Tryska
10-02-2002, 07:32 AM
not doms assface......i think it's a spasming neck muscle. some sort of spasmign thing. I think i need a new chiropractor to be honest, because in my unexpert opinion i'm guessing one of the cervicals are out of alignment causing a subluxation that triggers easy. htis happens a lot from different things. don't know how to permanently stop it tho.

Tryska
10-03-2002, 05:11 AM
last night was another HIIT night.

changing to go with heart rate really seems to make for a more effective workout. I was freakin whupped when i was done.

kinda cheated yesterday...had a banana nut muffin for meal 4, because well frankly i didn't feel like resisting it.

no biggie tho, i just re-adjusted the carbs for the rest of the night.

Tryska
10-04-2002, 05:06 AM
yesterday was a rough motivation day. I forgot to take my afternoon uppers so i was yawning on the wya home, and prolly could have fallen asleep when i got there. (sleep deficit is a b*tch!)

anyways....I had a leg day planned, and then i thought i didn't have the energy to do a leg day, and i would do back instead but then i'm changing my routine next week and didn't wanna...yadda yadda yadda.....

so i'm still not sure what i'm gonna work when i walk into the gym, but then some interesting stuff happenned that renewed my conviction to do legs, but a sort of abbreviated wussy version of my usual leg workout.....so here's the workout! :thumbup:

Legs:
Walking Lunges: 40x18x2
Squats 105x10x2
Romanian Deads: 95x10x2
Calves: 90x15x2

that's it....today is a much needed rest day thank god, and i'm still sorting out what to buy at the store tonight for next's weeks meals. I need a dinner meal, as i've got lunch squared away.....

Tryska
10-04-2002, 07:14 AM
[non-training entry]

so my commute in was stressful this morning.....apparently the cops decided they want to ticket as many morning commuters as they could, and they were all over the backroads i take. since my car is not fully totally legal at the moment, i had to use my best evasion tactics, and got to the county line without a hitch. hee hee. it's the little things that make me happy. ;)
[/non-training entry]

the doc
10-06-2002, 07:43 AM
lmao!

dukes of hazard style right?

Tryska
10-06-2002, 08:29 AM
*lol*

exactly, doc! I was thinking about that, after the fact. just call me daisy.

ectx
10-06-2002, 11:11 AM
Will you be wearing the shorts too? ;)

Tryska
10-07-2002, 07:57 AM
pfft...those shorts are soo 1993. :rolleyes:

;)

ectx
10-07-2002, 11:18 AM
It's a retro thing. :p

Tryska
10-07-2002, 11:52 AM
*lol*

actually i do have a pair floating around in my closet somewhere i think.

ectx
10-07-2002, 02:07 PM
*lol*

actually i do have a pair floating around in my closet somewhere i think.

I knew it!

Tryska
10-07-2002, 06:50 PM
hee hee...i live in georgia...it's to be expected.

Tryska
10-07-2002, 06:57 PM
hee hee...i live in georgia...it's to be expected.

did my interval cardio today....and apparently it was successful, cuz when i stumbled off to get a papertowel and wet it down, one of my gym buddies came up to talk to me at the water fountain, and was liek..."what's wrong...are you okay?" and i explained what just happened and tha tit would take a minute for me to normalize.

the thing i love about interval training is how quickly you progress doing it. Like I go by heart rate, right, and it's like my body just adjusts in such a short period of time. Great for endurance.

anyways, in other news, i'm real excited cuz my favorite boss ever (the one that looks liek The Rock) well his little brother who i also worked with back in the day, just took over as GM for my gym location. I enjoy that job, because soemtimes it's like coming home agian,b ecause there's so many people still there that i worked with years ago, even tho we got bough out by a new place. It's jsut cool.

Tryska
10-08-2002, 07:08 PM
wow...first day back on the old 2-day routine, and i must say it was an insanely good session. (for me anyways) I did Push and it went a little somethin' like this.......

Push:
Walking Lunges: 40x18x2
Squats: 115x10; 135x10
Bench: 70x7; 75x6
Incline Flyes: 50x8; 60x6
OH Press: 40x10; 50x6
Pressdowns: 70x10; Superset: 70x8/60x6/50x6

I wanted to do french presses but a stupid trainer was using the 40 lb bb for one of his MALE clients to do what i think were clean and presses, and then BICEP CURLS. and the guy didn't look like 40lb material, lemme tell ya. And on top of that, i asked him how long he'd be, and he wouldn't give up, but then proceeded to lean on it, while he had his guy run up and down the floor and do ohp with a medicine ball. That really chapped my ass, cuz i mean damn....my 2 little sets wouldn't have itnerrupted his little training routine at all. I think i'm gonna have to give him an earful about sharing next time. :mad:

on a side note - have you ever seen someone just sitting there minding their own business, flipping through a book, and thought to yourself, "damn, i'd like to wake up to them sitting at my breakfast table doing that with the morning paper...."?

anyways..that's that...hasta la huego.

the doc
10-08-2002, 08:11 PM
are you still at the same gym tryska?

PowerManDL
10-08-2002, 08:14 PM
You mean the disco nightclub gym?

xraygirl
10-08-2002, 08:17 PM
on a side note - have you ever seen someone just sitting there minding their own business, flipping through a book, and thought to yourself, "damn, i'd like to wake up to them sitting at my breakfast table doing that with the morning paper...."?
Yep. But it usually goes away after I take some antacid

Tryska
10-09-2002, 04:24 AM
*lmao*@X!!!!

and doc...yeah...still at the funky disco nightclub gym.

ericg
10-09-2002, 07:56 AM
Nice squating gal!!

Tryska
10-09-2002, 07:57 AM
hee hee...thanks eric. i think i'm gonna be increasing my poundage enxt week.

ectx
10-10-2002, 11:48 AM
*Burger bun*:spam:*Burger bun*

There you go T. Grilled it up just for you. ;)

Do the walking lunges give you any problems? I have to say, they're my least favorite exercise of all. It really aggravates one of my old injuries.

Reinier
10-10-2002, 11:57 AM
"on a side note - have you ever seen someone just sitting there minding their own business, flipping through a book, and thought to yourself, "damn, i'd like to wake up to them sitting at my breakfast table doing that with the morning paper...."

well no. I usually think "now Thats one id like to eat some rusk with"

i dont know if you people even eat that but what the hell

Tryska
10-10-2002, 12:20 PM
rusk is the same as zwieback or melba toast isn't it?

anyways..ectx, actually i love walking lunges. love the way they hit my legs. I don't have too many problems with them, unless i get fatigued and wind up misplacing my foot. then i might wind up pulling a groin muscle, i guess? I try not to get that fatigued tho.

Tryska
10-11-2002, 05:04 AM
mmm...i'm still kinda sleepy this morning, but i need to put in last night's workout, so uhhh....forgive my lack of enthusiasm.

Push:
Step-Ups - 50x12x2
SLDL: 100x10x2
Assisted Chins: 90x6x2 (one day i intend to progress on these, but 90 just keeps feeling like a challenge. maybe my back is waiting for my chest to catch up :rolleyes:)
Yates Row: 70x7x2
Shrugs: 120x10x2
Concentration Curls: 15x8x2 (my bis wre actually too fried to do normal curls so i did concentrations instead)
Seated Calf Raise: 100x15x2

that's it. i finally have given in and bought myself some lifting gloves as i was seeing the hint of a callous come through, and that's unacceptable.

i have a well deserved total rest day today and thankfully very few errands to run, since i won't be in town most of next week. I think i'm gonna cut off my hair tonight, for the hell of it. we'll see how brave i am when sittingin the chair. *lol*

ericg
10-11-2002, 06:36 AM
Nice stiffy gal....well you know what i mean ;)

Cant harm those perty hands of yours!!

Oh and how short you going with your hair?

Tryska
10-11-2002, 07:08 AM
i dunno.....not like diesel dyke short....i'm thinking shoulder length and shaped in a more updated way. I need to get rid of all theses thyroid damaged ends, and since i don't use a hairdryer and the weathers gettign cold, this seems the best time to do it.

ericg
10-11-2002, 09:11 AM
Very cool. Gonna send me a pic when its done??!!

Tryska
10-11-2002, 09:25 AM
ha ha...that will depend on if i'm happy with it or not.

Tryska
10-15-2002, 03:12 AM
wow...it is way too early for me to be up this morning, but stupid me scheduled an flight earlier then when i leave for work. ah well. :(

just needed to update with yesterday's push session:

Walking Lunges: 40x18x2 (decided i'm only gonna do these uphil from now on, on the advice of a new trainer at the gym :eek: )
Squats: 125x10; 145x8
Bench: 70x8; 75x6
Flyes: 60x7x2
OH Press: 50x6x2
French Press: 40x6x2
Rope Pulldowns:35x20

okay that's that. I will be out of pocket for a while, as i'm off to NYC. iet is gonna be a cheat week i guess, and i'll be doing my cardio walking around the city.

my aim is to get into as much trouble as i possibly can whilst still keeping my job. :D can't wait to go home!

xraygirl
10-15-2002, 03:31 AM
Have fun girlie!

Tryska
10-18-2002, 10:00 AM
good lord.

i feel like 12 miles of bad road. like really really crappy.

anyways...i'm back from NYC. here's a breif training and diet synopsis:

Teusday:
Walked 4 miles
food:
2 hardboiled eggs, some biscotti
Optimum Nutrition Low Carb shake w/mango juice and pinapple (Penn Station smoothie King)
2 slices pizza and some salad(from John's on Broadway)
Awesome grilled Chicken Salad and the best Mojito ever (Citrus - 75th and B'way)

Wednesday:
walked 3 miles
food:
2 eggs, bacon, ww toast, and coffee (American Diner - 77th and B'way)
Fish and Chips (forgot the name of the place some pub on 42nd and Madison)
Soy Drink and Almonds from the Deli
Another Salad with tuna and a ww bagel from a bread store.
A slice of the best Chocolate Mousse cake i have ever tasted in my life.

Thursday:
Walked 3 miles
Food -
Starbucks triple grande hazelnut latte and a sesame bagel from H&H
Soy Drink and a banana fromt he deli
Chinese Food (shredded beef and a little bit of fried rice)
Myoplex Low Carb and OJ (Crunch at 38th and B'way - cool gym btw)
Some pretzel hotdog thing and lemonade at Newark

all in all, not overly bad eating. I got adequate protein each day, and was able to find good clean food when left on my own for the most part in the city, and got to indulge a little bit too.

btw - after a year of looking i finall foudn the Marc Jacobs perfume i wanted for christmas in my first ever entry to this journal. *lol*

also - if anyone ever wants to stay on the West side - I highly recommend On The Ave at 77th and Broadway. Hip Hotel in a cool neighborhood. It was insanely stylish and quite comfortable for realtively cheap (129/night)

I didn't touch back down in Atl until 10:30 last night, so i am dying over here. I've got a massage scheduled for this evening tho. Btwn my back, my neck and my tired feet i need it.

Plus - i've got a day trip to Cincinnati on Monday. hopefully that will be relatively painless.

Franjipani
10-18-2002, 05:51 PM
Hey, welcome back Tryska !

I thought you must have been away....was wondering why there were no posts from you.... forum not the same without ya:( .

You were in my dreams the other night......(disguised as your avatar picture)just thought I'd let ya know:)

Tryska
10-19-2002, 08:36 AM
*lol* i was?? was it like a random walk-thru role? I used to dream those a lot with people from the board.

the doc
10-19-2002, 08:56 AM
howdy T!
:hello:

Tryska
10-19-2002, 09:38 AM
well hey doc! what's poppin? you're not anywhere near cinci are ya?

the doc
10-19-2002, 10:14 AM
nah i think i'm kinda far ~1.5 hrs or so...
you coming up this way?

ectx
10-19-2002, 11:06 AM
Sounds like you have the post business traveling blues. *hands Tryska a glass of wine and some bubble bath* Here you go. Glad your back.

Franjipani
10-19-2002, 04:46 PM
*lol* i was?? was it like a random walk-thru role? I used to dream those a lot with people from the board.

Errmmm afraid not.....your guest appearance was quite active.... In essence we were both attracted to & kissed the same guy:eek:. NOT at the same time though...lol... I don't interpret dreams so the significance of this is lost on me.

You must be rather special though;)

Pup
10-19-2002, 05:16 PM
If you ever dream about a lil green guy that has a funny accent...its not my fault...:)

PowerManDL
10-19-2002, 05:23 PM
*spam for no good reason*

:spam:

Pup
10-19-2002, 05:28 PM
no no no...:ninja: :spam:

Tryska
10-20-2002, 08:52 AM
doc - yeah i'm there tomorrow for exactly 5 hours (not counting the 4 hour travel time each way :rolleyes: ) i need to get some skymiles.

ectx - man you are totally on the right track! *lol* actually i skipped the wine (way too dehydrated) and got a massage and some whirlpool time in friday evening. i'm just starting to feel normal again.

franji - *lmao* that is funny. i have no idea what that's about either....but if it makes ya feel any better....i make it a point not to step on other people's toes. ;)

Tryska
10-20-2002, 08:52 AM
oh...pup, dl....thanks for the spam! :thumbup:

Pup
10-20-2002, 09:10 AM
:cool:

ectx
10-20-2002, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by Franjipani

Errmmm afraid not.....your guest appearance was quite active.... In essence we were both attracted to & kissed the same guy:eek:. NOT at the same time though...lol... I don't interpret dreams so the significance of this is lost on me.

You must be rather special though;)

I'm thinking I was the guy you two were fighting over. Well, at least that's what I'm telling myself. ;)

Tryska
10-21-2002, 05:31 AM
*lol*!!!

franji...it was your dream....so i can't even respond to that one.

Tryska
10-21-2002, 07:24 PM
just got back from cincinnati.

oddly comforting town. i think it's the northern industial river city-ness of it all. it was a beautiful day there...crisp sunshiny fall day, and the city itself kinda reminds me of syracuse new york. perhaps why it was comforting....older churches mixed with shotgun houses rolling up and down hills. the kinda place that ya just know still has good catholic schools and real live italian bakeries.

on a side note for you paulie - the place i was working at today created the vanilla flavoring for vanilla coke. ;)

diet was shite - i didn't eat near enough but my stomach hasn't been right over the past couple days.

m1: airline pretzels
m2: egg and cheese sandwich on a real live, honest-to-goodness kaiser roll. (it's been years since i've had one!)
m3: corn chowder had a high protein salad to go with, but didn't get time to eat it.
m4: mixed nuts
m5: myoplex low carb w/ soy milk, peaches and pineapple. still tastes like cake batter tho.

too many carbs, not enough protein. *sigh* didn't cook this weekend so i'll be winging it all week. y'all wish me luck witht hat.

ps - atlantan's are fabulously and tragically hip. that is all.

Tryska
10-23-2002, 04:21 AM
ugh. early in the morning. need caffeine.

anyways....this was last night's pull session:
Step-ups: 50x12x2
SLDL: 100x10x2
Assisted Chins: 90x6x2
Rows: 75x6x2
Shrug: 125x10x2
Curl: 40x8x2
Calf Raise: 100x20x2

that's that. hasta.

ectx
10-23-2002, 06:24 AM
Nice pulling oh tragically hip one. Looks like a heck of a workout for grip too. glad you're back from Cinci. Had a crazy time there once. Once.

BennettBoy
10-23-2002, 06:36 AM
The real question is did you see as many fat folks wandering around Cinnci as you did when you went to the Midwest? :D

Tryska
10-24-2002, 07:29 AM
hmmm.....not really bennett. it seems people everywhere else are in a time warp tho. Seems they are all still stuck in the 80s. perhaps early 90s.

all i know is i really do dig touching back down in Atlanta, where all is right with my tragically hip world.

and ec...thanks man....i'm striving. ;)

well not enough sleep and not enough food gives tina a fair-to-middling push session:

Walkign Lunges: 40x18x2 (did them only uphill last night - felt good, but now my other knee is kinda soft feeling. don't know if that's just too much drama in a 2 weeks span and i'm jsut tired or what)

Squats: 115x10; 145x10
Bench: 75x6x2
Flyes: 60x6; 50x6 (didn' have a spot and was running out of gas, so no progression :( )
OH Press: 50x7x2
French Press: 40x6; 30x10
Rope Pulls: 35x20
Abs: 50/25 each oblique

that's that. Dunno if i'm gonna do another pull tonight or cardio or rest. we'll see what happens come 5:30pm.

galileo
10-24-2002, 10:04 AM
You squat more than me. Can you use that excess force to kick my head in, please? Thank you.

Tryska
10-24-2002, 10:10 AM
yeah but you prolly bench more than me, so don't sweat it. :)

galileo
10-24-2002, 10:13 AM
Do you use an instant messenger, like AOL? I had some questions but I don't feel like spamming the journals to death anymore.

Tryska
10-24-2002, 10:15 AM
yeah.....i use msn tho.

galileo
10-24-2002, 10:33 AM
I'm gonna have to get friggen msn since everyone uses it. People should be catering to me damnit!

Tryska
10-24-2002, 10:34 AM
i cater to the company proxy. ;)

galileo
10-24-2002, 10:36 AM
Same here. :(

I'll grab a MSN account @ home.

Tryska
10-25-2002, 08:35 AM
cool. pm me when you have the details.

Kayak_boy
10-27-2002, 04:57 PM
Yo Missy, what's doing with ya?

You turned into a hip badass now? Geez, I can't keep up with ya!:p

When are those 45 lbs curls gonna happen?;)

Catch you soon, take care.

:)

Tryska
10-28-2002, 05:10 AM
*lol* i have no idea when the 45 lb curls will happen. actually it's gonna have to be 50lbers, perhaps i should give it a shot this week, since i got 8 reps. maybe i'll just try to curl the bar and see what happens! woohoo..thanks for the motivation man! great to see you too....how have you been?

Tryska
10-30-2002, 05:22 AM
thank you cloughface!! i have been dying to update since monday night....which was a pull session!

Pull:

Step-ups - 50x12x2
SLDL - 110x8x2
Assisted Chins - 90x8x2 (i was thrilled to finally be no feeling like it was major effort to get thos first 6 out of the way - this has been a little mini-plateau for me)
Row: 75x7x2
Shrugs: 125x10x2
Curls: 40x8x2 (attempted to curl the oly bar and it just didn't feel right, and i couldn't get it up either. not sure what to do about that.)
Calf Raise: 100x20x2

oh yeah - menu for the week:

m1: cottage cheese and flax
m2: eggs
m3: teriyaki venison over mashed sweet potato
m4: Honey and Oat granola bar
m5: myoplex with soy/oj
m6: spice rubbed halibut and zucchini sauteed in olive oil, salt and cracked pepper.

and lastly - last night:

Inervals - 15 minutes, walk/jog.

prof
10-30-2002, 09:40 AM
"spice rubbed halibut and zucchini sauteed in olive oil, salt and cracked pepper"

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm sounds tasty :P:p

Tryska
10-30-2002, 09:49 AM
it's turned into my favoritest dinnertime meal ever. sucks i can't get halibut often down here int he south.

Kayak_boy
10-30-2002, 04:42 PM
*lol* i have no idea when the 45 lb curls will happen. actually it's gonna have to be 50lbers, perhaps i should give it a shot this week, since i got 8 reps. maybe i'll just try to curl the bar and see what happens! woohoo..thanks for the motivation man! great to see you too....how have you been?

I'm doing well Missy. Training is going well, altough very tough. First race of the year last weekend, went $hit in the single ski and then an hour later won the double ski with my mate.... beat a bloke who raced for Australia at the Atlanta games. To say I was surprised is an understatement, I'm still bloody smiling after it! We have another race this weekend, hopefully I can improve my single this weekend. I might even get a chance to race with my mate again in the Double. Would be unreal to win again.

Other than that all is well, back working 9 to 5 again so that's cool too.

Weights are going ok, have hit a plateau but that's expected with the volume of training I've got going. Lost about 4 Kgs.

Now stop reading and get working on that 45 lbs curl!!:p

catch ya soon Missy.

Tryska
10-31-2002, 10:09 AM
:clap:

congrats on the win! i'm sure you can get the single too. where did you place, or what was your time, or whatever? and how can you improve it?

interesting how you won the double later on.....were you maybe jsut warmed up more?

anyways...i jsut thought i would update with my push session as well:

Walking Lunges:40x18x2
Squats: 115x10; 145x10 ( i tried the 115 withou the pad on the bar. it was very uncomfortable and made my vertebra hurt, so i'll not be doing that again.)
Bench: 75x6x2
Flyes: 50x7; 50x8 ( i shoulda gone up in weight, but i was distracted by the guy on the bench next to me)
OH Press: 50x6x2
French Press: 30x10x2
Rope Pulldowns: 35x20
Abs: 50/25/25

It was a fair session, no progression, but i'm also quite carb-depleted by mid-week so it was to be expected. I think i'll switch up and put the push in the beginning of the week next week, and sorta alternate the 2. Or i could do both push and pull back to back, and finish the week out with cardio.

what do y'allt hink is the best way?

Bam Bam
10-31-2002, 10:17 AM
smart and strong wanna come over to garble land?

good job girl thats better than some of the frat boys at my gym

Tryska
10-31-2002, 10:26 AM
hee hee...thanks bam! i thrilled the queens out on the reservations floor this moning by showing them the amazing feat of strength that was me swapping out the water cooler. they didn't believe i could do it. *lol*

and i would be in garble land in a heartbeat if it weren't for the snow and stuff. ;)

Franjipani
10-31-2002, 07:02 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TRYSKA

:birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday:

Mystic Eric
10-31-2002, 07:10 PM
:birthday: Happy 45th birthday Tryska!!!! :birthday:

Marcel
10-31-2002, 07:52 PM
:birthday: Happy 21st Birthday !!! ;)

Kayak_boy
10-31-2002, 10:24 PM
Yo Missy!

I'm guessing from the other posts that it's your birthday!! LOL!

Well have a fantastic day, and party hard.

:birthday: :hello: :clap: :clown: :birthday: :cool: :)

Tryska
11-01-2002, 07:49 AM
awww...thanks y'all!

well thanks everyone but eric, cuz he just insulted me....but who cares about him anyway. :rolleyes:

galileo
11-01-2002, 07:52 AM
How old are you now Tryska, 22? 23? :D

Tryska
11-01-2002, 08:07 AM
hee hee...galileo - i'll never tell. ;)

Relentless
11-01-2002, 08:10 AM
Congratulations on your continued survival, T.

May you live as long as you want.
And love as long as you live.

Cheers,
Cal

Tryska
11-01-2002, 08:35 AM
heh...i'm having difficulty with that second part cal *lol*, but thanks for the blessing. ;)

ElPietro
11-01-2002, 08:38 AM
:hump:

Relentless
11-01-2002, 08:40 AM
I think the Mr. Humpy means that if you need someone to love, ElP is volunteering his services. ;)

In any case, you don't have to love SOMEONE. Love is everywhere, if you know where to look. I'll stop now before I sound too flaky. :D

Mystic Eric
11-01-2002, 01:57 PM
awww...thanks y'all!

well thanks everyone but eric, cuz he just insulted me....but who cares about him anyway. :rolleyes:

Awww come on T. You know I love you!

*hugs tryska*

Tryska
11-01-2002, 06:47 PM
(}) eric.

callhan...that's true....i'm just missing the romantic kind at the moment.

but on an entirely different note, i'm going out with some friends tonight, and i'm gonna be glammed to the gills, so that should be fun.

my outfit involves fake fur, a lace up top and push up bra. heh. of course he irony is where i'll be hanging out this eveningin this outfit.

i'll rehash tomorrow, i'm thinking.

Tryska
11-02-2002, 04:37 AM
well...i'm normally waking up at this time, but tonight i'm going to bed at this time.

my birthday wound up kicking ass.

we headed out at 10pm...went to the stri club first which turned out to be a very enjoyable experience. gorgeous men (for the most part) dancing there tight little asses off for money. and the best part? i was one of exactly 6 women in there and most of the dancers are straight. i even played the birthday card and wound up in the VIP room. (Champagne Court to y'all) it was pretty darn special. :D

we left there about 2-ish, went and got some food, well i jsut had sweet tea, and then went on o backstreet. a friend for the gym was there drunk of his ass, and he was fun to hang out with. he was more thrilled it was my birthday than i was. i also had a fascinating conversation with a straight guy whil there. it was cool. and i got glowsticks. and was told by some queen that i was absolutely fabulous..like i need to be told! *lol*

oh....my friend and i also got our pictures taken for one of the alternative papers here, so maybe we'll be famous soon. baha. we got back to his house at about 4:30 am and then goofed around taking stuopid pictures of our selves, and we now have a whole roll of 4 in the morning post clubbing insanity for all posterity. besides being almost famous. *lol*

and tonight's drink of choice? Stoli Raspberry and Vodka. I only had 2, but one was rather large and one was rather strong. I drove, sicne my friend desperately needs some oil in his car, but i had just enough to loosen up my inhibitions so i could enjoy myself.

ps - the whole strip club scene is kinda wierd. I mean, a lot of the strippers talked to me, mainly cuz i was one of the few chicks, but it all wound up being about the sell with them. it's wierd, having these hot guys chat you up, yet you know they are just trying to turn a buck, and figure you might pay. there was this one guy, we called him mr plaid pants that kept bugging me for a lap dance, and i just didn't wanna give it to him, mainly cuz he started int he first 5 minutes i was there. we then kept moving cuz he would camp out a table and watch me, and everytime he'd pass he asked if i wanted a dance from him. then he accused me of being tipsy (i had ony had 2 sips of my first drink at the time) and then also accused me of scoping out soem big bloated mofo that happenned to be standing next to me.

after all was said and done, i roped me a cowboy that just looked like he was enjoying himself the msot and we just hung out, and kicked in the back. it was pretty cool.

ps - i haven't seen so much penis in the same room since.....well.....since never. *lol*

okay my alarm is going off so i gotta go turn it off, and i'm prolly rambling cuz i got a little buzz on, but umm...peace out.

rookiebldr
11-02-2002, 07:20 AM
"Giddap there cowboy."

Sounds like your had great birthday. Well done.

galileo
11-02-2002, 02:00 PM
ps - i haven't seen so much penis in the same room since.....Mystic Eric's coming-out party

BCC
11-02-2002, 02:03 PM
lmao

Tryska
11-02-2002, 02:11 PM
thanks rookie...i did have a great time. and jsut so you know...chaps look really great, but there a bitch to get dressed in apparently.

galileo....*lol* you weren't here for eric's coming out party..how'd you know about that??

rookiebldr
11-02-2002, 10:52 PM
thanks rookie...i did have a great time. and jsut so you know...chaps look really great, but there a bitch to get dressed in apparently.

lol, not being a cowboy I just wouldn't know.

Tryska
11-04-2002, 10:14 AM
well, i'm kinda feeling about chaps the way i feel about fishnets. you haven't lived till you've worn a pair. ;)

BennettBoy
11-04-2002, 06:40 PM
Dang Tyrska, sounds like you had a great birthday! Atlanta sounds like a freaky place....an adventure when going out.

Kayak_boy
11-04-2002, 11:09 PM
What's up Missy?

Hey, you're not long forgotton around these parts! I wanted to update my journal and it's gone!! LOL!!

Damn you guys are quick.

How's the bad assing going?:p

ectx
11-05-2002, 01:01 AM
Woeeee T. You had a hell of a night...ummmh, morning....hmmm, that. So did you wear the Spandex with bra top? *drools, regains composure* No wonder you roped yourself a cowboy. Glad you had a great time.

Tryska
11-05-2002, 08:42 AM
*lol* no spandex with bra top - it was a pair of low-rider jeans, and cool ass velvet laceup top with a pushup bra and a black sweater with a fake fur collar. full diva mode. *snap snap*

kb...i'm as badass as one chica can be lately. the whole vibe of my life is changing i think. I've spent enough time repairing myself after the relationship from hell, so it's become time to grab life by the balls and ride. (or soemthing like that *lol*)

and bb - yeah it can be pretty freaky...depends on the circles you move in tho, i think. and yeah..i had a wonderful birthday..i needed one like this, as the past few years have been less than stellar.

Tryska
11-05-2002, 09:03 AM
right..and i forgot all about updating this biatch what with responding to y'all. hee hee...

last night's pull:

Step-ups: 60x15x2 (my usual little nook was occuppied so i had to do a 2 step up a set of stairs..eh.)
SLDL: 110x8x2
Assisted Chins: 90x8x2 (it wasn't a fluke, thank god)
Row: 75x6; 65x8x2 (had to drop the weight and work on form again - it's so easy for me to just half-ass it just to get the weight up sometimes)
Shrugs: 115x10x2
Concentration Curls: 15x12x2
Calf raises: 100x20x2

that's that...lataz.

galileo
11-05-2002, 11:04 AM
Is that dumbell or barbell row?

Barbell - :thumbup:
Dumbell - :eek:

Tryska
11-05-2002, 11:06 AM
barbell....sorry...shoulda put yates row.

please if i could do a barbell row like that, i sure as hell would have no problem doing pullups. *lol*

Kayak_boy
11-05-2002, 04:45 PM
grab life by the balls and ride. (or soemthing like that *lol*)

Well don't garb those balls to hard or there'll be no riding!! LOL!!:p

Tryska
11-06-2002, 05:25 AM
*lmao* i was thinking about that and thinking that that phrase just sounded wrong. maybe i meant grab the bull by the horns? i dunno.

<~~~~~~~~is cliche-impaired, apparently.

ectx
11-06-2002, 07:17 AM
<--------------------is homonym dyslexic.

for your birthday....I give you a belated gift of SPAM.

Tryska
11-06-2002, 08:22 AM
oh..spam.

a girl can never have too much spam. :D

Pup
11-06-2002, 08:26 AM
if i could find a way to turn that into a sexual innuendo...i would

galileo
11-06-2002, 08:30 AM
Grab me!!! Grab MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Tryska
11-06-2002, 08:33 AM

masochist!

Pup
11-06-2002, 08:36 AM
*points at signature*

Kayak_boy
11-06-2002, 04:30 PM
*lmao* i was thinking about that and thinking that that phrase just sounded wrong. maybe i meant grab the bull by the horns? i dunno.

Yeah, I think that sounds a bit better.

My eyes didn't water when I read it, so that's gotta be a step in the right direction!!:D

Tryska
11-06-2002, 05:14 PM
hey kb....this is just for you.....i don't really like the pic and remember it's 4am and i'm a wee bit tipsy......also the fur collar makes me look like a linebacker, and my thighs look huge....but whatever.....i looked better in person. ;)

Kayak_boy
11-06-2002, 05:51 PM
I'm not running anywhere near you with a football!! LOL!! Them's are mighty big collars!!!:D :p

Tell ya what Missy, if I ever looked that good at 4 am I would be doing brilliantly!

And well done posting the pic, You're a star.

Catch ya

Savannah
11-06-2002, 06:23 PM
that's a great pic of you T, tipsy or not!

Franjipani
11-06-2002, 06:53 PM
Very sexy..grrrrr;). Glad you had a top night too !!!

Tryska
11-06-2002, 07:31 PM
haha....thanks you guys....i appreciate the compliments. the rest of the pics on that roll were just nuts.....people should not be allowed near cameras at the crack of dawn.

and franji yeah..twas a helluva night. *lol*

Pup
11-06-2002, 07:35 PM
SCHWING!

Tryska
11-07-2002, 05:46 AM
heh...thanks pup....and that means a lot coming from you. ;)

anyways...i slacked yesterday and went shopping instead of my push session. (i got out of work really late too),,,so tonight, provided all ehll doesn't break loose at 5:00pm, i will be back on schedule.

YatesNightBlade
11-07-2002, 05:58 AM
yum yum

ericg
11-07-2002, 08:13 AM
Nice pic trys ;) looking sassy :thumbup:

Tryska
11-07-2002, 08:34 AM
*lol* @ sassy....thanks eric. ;)

and yates....i'm tempted to ask what you're eating, but i'll not go there.

BennettBoy
11-07-2002, 08:40 AM
WOW.....very nice Tina. Love the blouse/shirt and hair style ;)

Tryska
11-07-2002, 08:42 AM
*lol* you can actually see my hair bb? i can't really see it cuz of the damn fur collar. thanks for the compliment...i love that top too.

ElPietro
11-07-2002, 08:43 AM
*reaches for drawstring on corset*

Relentless
11-07-2002, 08:46 AM
what a mischievous smile you're sporting there... nice pic

Tryska
11-07-2002, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by ElPietro
*reaches for drawstring on corset*

:eek: you are a very bad man! tuttut

callahan..thanks...that was my "wow - that was a trip" smile. *lol*

prof
11-07-2002, 09:44 AM
Hey Tryska, once did the "full monty"(strip) at a club full of middle age women, scary as hell, like wild animals, we had the full sercurity guard gear on and the velcro trousers, so you can rip em off, funniest thing I ever did. Trouble is the guy next to me was about 6"4 and 6%bf fitness instructor, but I didn't look too bad. Potentially very good money, but you need about 10 beers before going on stage.

Tryska
11-07-2002, 09:49 AM
*lol* prof.

this wasn't a strip club for women tho. altho i have been to chippendales...years ago, and the women were nuts. but just imagine what you'd need to take if you audience wasn't women.

this was a mellow scene...men know how to act in stripclubs, where women don't really.

prof
11-07-2002, 10:59 AM
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo just figured out what you said, like the Village people bit from waynes world, I'd be too scared

Tryska
11-07-2002, 11:27 AM
yeah it's a strange scene.....but honestyl i think it's the straight boys up on stage that have the most power in that scenario.

Kayak_boy
11-07-2002, 07:30 PM

anyways...i slacked yesterday and went shopping instead of my push session. (i got out of work really late too),,,so tonight, provided all ehll doesn't break loose at 5:00pm, i will be back on schedule.

Well I hope you got some bloody well nice stuff considering you missed a session!!:mad: tuttut :shoot: :whip: :bash:

;) :p

Pup
11-07-2002, 08:10 PM
You should see the thong she picked up ;)

Kayak_boy
11-07-2002, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by just_a_pup
You should see the thong she picked up ;)

Now is that an Aussie thong or an American thong??

LOL!!!

;) :p :D

Tryska
11-08-2002, 05:27 AM
oh the irony of that accusation ;). *lol*

and i wound up not getting out of work til late again yesterday plus..cathc this...i did not eat all fookin' day! i was so pissed about that. so i was feeling like total sh*t when i got home so i just went ahead ate a decent meal and went to sleep, i'm still feelign like crap this morning, but i need to get back on my eating schedule.

*sigh* push will jsut have to be postposed til next week sometime. dammit.

WillKuenzel
11-08-2002, 06:08 AM
I somehow heard about pic and thong and jumped in here. I must say very nice pic. You've got that "I didn't do it" smile. hehe

Tryska
11-08-2002, 06:18 AM
*lol*

of course i didn't do it. do i look like that kinda person??

baha..anyways..thanks for checkin' my journal man, i appareciate it! :D

WillKuenzel
11-08-2002, 08:38 AM
Oh, I always check it. Hehe. I mean how could I not.

So..... was it an aussie thong or a real thong? Inquiring minds want to know. ;]

Tryska
11-08-2002, 08:41 AM
i'll never tell. ;)

WillKuenzel
11-08-2002, 09:49 PM
i'll never tell. ;) Well then I'll just say both and have a nice little visual in my head.

<----has a nice content smile. hehe

Tryska
11-09-2002, 11:10 AM
*lol*

i guess you can't really go wrong with that eh? glad i could put a smile on your face....

Tryska
11-09-2002, 11:45 AM
might as well do a little journal update...

we started our first migrations to win2k at the office, and it's been a hellified week. of course my coworker seems to getting allt he easy one's and can churn out 3 or 4 new installs a day, meanwhile, i'm wrking on the same 3 sets i picked up on Monday. All of them turned into 4 day adventures. i'v gotten one installed, but the others still ened software i can't get to because someone somewhere did not do there job. And' it's ticking me off.

training got screwed up.....due to the hours at work i wasn't able to do cardio, and I haven't been able to get a push session in. The saving grace is that I have been hauling stuff all week, wih the pcs and the montiors and pushing things down hallways and whatnot because we have a sucky handtruck. So i've been getting plenty of real world exercise. My back is kinda hurting tho, because I keep forgetting to lift with my legs. Ah well, i'll focus more on that next week.

Diet has truly sucked because I haven't been able to take time out to eat at work, and I hadn't cooked anyway....so it's been maybe 2 meals a day...sometimes 3, if i get a breather to grab a salad for lunch.

went out last night to unwind, and it was "ok". I guess it was good for just unwinding, but i guess compared to the stellar night i had last week, it was a letdown. *lol*

and i am down another 2lbs....really about 4 lbs accounting for a little funky bloat i had 3 weeks ago. Problem is, i don't know whether to be happy because i'm lighter, or saddened because all things considered it was prolly muscle. :(

maybe a little fat too, because i really have watched the carbs when i did eat.

Franjipani
11-09-2002, 06:52 PM
and i am down another 2lbs....really about 4 lbs accounting for a little funky bloat i had 3 weeks ago.

:clap: Congrats !!!

I'm really struggling with the carb thing at the moment & I have developed a little Peanut Butter fetish:eek:.

Tryska
11-11-2002, 09:02 AM
ah..if only i ate peanuts....life would be good.

thanks for the congrats....but i'm still torn on it. I'm hoping it was fat and not muscle. I'm gonna try real hard this week to eat tho.

Reinier
11-11-2002, 09:08 AM
i like, ALWAYS eat...
today i had 2 tests in school and I just took out the peanuts, chicken and WW bread and the bottle right there.

dutch and french are a POC anyway

:D

Tryska
11-11-2002, 10:59 AM
good for you....for me, eatign is a challenge.

i've bene running myself ragged the last week or so tho.

work went like this:

9am to 7pm, 2 meals, no time to train
friday night, got off at 5:30, drank a protein shake, took a disco nap, wa sout til 3am
slept, hit my 2pm shift at the gym (no time to eat), got off at 8, picke dup something on the way out again, out til 3am
slept, hit my 2pm shift at the gym (ate a tuna salad), got off at 7, returned calls from people i met out on saturday, went to sleep at 8:30pm.

I'm focusing on eating and trianign thsi week, but i'm in Nashville thursday and friday, and then going out friday nigth and saturday night again, i think. friday for sure.

BennettBoy
11-11-2002, 11:12 AM

went out last night to unwind, and it was "ok". I guess it was good for just unwinding, but i guess compared to the stellar night i had last week, it was a letdown. *lol*

LOL, that's the bad thing about going out and having a fabulous time. You start thinking every time you go out it will be so much fun. Unfortunately, it don't work that way.:mad:

Hope things get to going better for you on those W2K installs :D

Tryska
11-11-2002, 11:22 AM
saturday night ended up being way cooler. ;)

as for the w2k installs, it's not the isntall aprt that's bad. they've decided that all specialized software beyond the base install should be pushed via sms. the problem is the people in charge of putting the software on our serrvers down here, have doen it half-assed, drive mappings aren't working for certain departments, there's no remote access software on the loads for laptops, and basically most of the pre-work was done half-assed up in corporate, so as i'm goign through tryign to get things in order i hit snag after snage, and since they have centralized allt he power to do sh*t, i have to wait on someone else in another state to get their ass in gear before i can get done what i need to get done.

BennettBoy
11-11-2002, 12:52 PM

as for the w2k installs, it's not the isntall aprt that's bad. they've decided that all specialized software beyond the base install should be pushed via sms. the problem is the people in charge of putting the software on our serrvers down here, have doen it half-assed, drive mappings aren't working for certain departments, there's no remote access software on the loads for laptops, and basically most of the pre-work was done half-assed up in corporate, so as i'm goign through tryign to get things in order i hit snag after snage, and since they have centralized allt he power to do sh*t, i have to wait on someone else in another state to get their ass in gear before i can get done what i need to get done.

Dang do you work for my Company? LOL. I guess it just backs up my theory that most all companies work about the same way. If you ever comtemplate leaving a company because you think it is run most ineffeciently....look out, the next one will be about the same LOL. ;)

the doc
11-11-2002, 01:24 PM
tryska, screw nashville, c'mon over to columbus!

Tryska
11-12-2002, 04:47 AM
*lol* i can't screw nashville buddy. the company is paying for me to go up there. now i just wanna cause a ruckus and possibly get myself banned from there, just for the hell of it. I'm gonna be spending the night with nothing better to do.

Tryska
11-12-2002, 05:32 AM
oh btw - i figure i mgiht as well update, event ho last ngihts workout was for the sole purpose of me not feeling guilty. (and enjoying that tight day after squats feeling).

it was my patented super duper abbreviated push routine:

Squats: 95x20; 135x10
Bench: 45x20; 75x5
Rope Pulldowns: 40x20; 60x8

why so lame, you ask? it was because i was stuck at some b*tch with walking pneumonia's house trying to get her fookin dsl connected while she was getting on my nerves, and couldn't get out til an hour past my usual clock-out time. I aswear i was gonna go ballistic that i was stuck not beign able to train from that. plus i'm still whupped from after the weekend, (and i'm embroiled in a little drama as usual).

so anyways...i was in and out in about 30 minutes, still managed to make it home relatively on time (stopped byt he store anf got cvaught up in a conversation with this rather attractive man that hangs out studying for his chiro doctorate there), and wa sin bed by 10:30.

I'm feeling okay this norming..not stellar, but I've gotta do what i gotta do. todasy i am definitely gonna eat lunch, because i am making the time for a lunch date. goddammit.

Tryska
11-13-2002, 06:14 AM
right...i was back at the b*tch's house last night, and finaly got her up and running. it is a damn good thing she isn't a b*tch to me tho, cuz i am not to be tested. i have a feelign she picked up on that.

anyways, i also got a slow leak in my right front tire....i gotta stop by the tire shop ont he way in to work today and see if they'll fix it withou me having to buy a new one. anyways, no training yesterday, but i did do some shopping and picked up another badass pair of jeans. so i'm happy.

where does one buy cufflinks?

i'll be around a bit tomorrow, but i'll be driving up to nashville and i won't be home til friday afternoon. i'm scheduling a pull session for tonight.i'll update with that later.

the doc
11-13-2002, 06:45 AM
tryska you are toooo funny :)