PDA

View Full Version : Ms. Decophile Revisited

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

McBain
11-13-2002, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by Tryska
where does one buy cufflinks?

click here if you love mcbain (http://www.cufflinks.com)

the ones on the front look a little bit expensive for cufflinks :eek:

*does victory dance on thread after realising he is the 1000th poster*

Tryska
11-13-2002, 08:29 AM
wow..those front ones are tres cool.

however, i need em cheap, adn i need them by friday night. I found one of my ex's dress shirts that i'm gonna rock with a pair of faded blue jeans. unfortunately they have french cuffs and me no have cufflinks. :(

McBain
11-13-2002, 08:38 AM
well *someone* just happens to be going to a formal menswear shopon friday (*someone* has to buy a goddamn suit), maybe they could pick you up some and send them by pigeon??

try a department store??

or go to a jewellery shop, buy some and then return them the next day? its not like its a dress or anything big, im sure they wont mind.

Tryska
11-13-2002, 08:54 AM
i think i'll try the department store. I would really dig some with red cabochon (fake of course) stones. Or perhaps purple or black. ( i wanna match it to my bra - which i haven't decided on yet - sorry -too much info, i know. :rolleyes: ). altho..topaz or citrine would be cool too, since that's my birthstone. It's a blue stripe with white collar and cuffs.

Relentless
11-13-2002, 09:07 AM
If they're too pricey to buy, I betcha you could sweet-talk a clerk in a formalwear rental place to letcha borrow a pair of simple cufflinks for the night... or at least rent them by themselves for a coupla bucks... Freeman or Syd Silver or Classy Formal or whatever...

Tryska
11-13-2002, 09:11 AM
so they are typically pretty expensive huh?

ElPietro
11-13-2002, 09:51 AM
I haven't looked for a pair of cufflinks before...but when I was looking online the other day they all seemed very expensive. I would say either try a department store, they prolly have some cheap ones...or as others suggested, talk to a suit store manager, maybe you can leave a deposit for the things or ID or something and return them the next day. Or even try a tuxedo rental place...they prolly could rent you cufflinks for a small price.

Sorry I missed the post where you said what you are dressing up for. Shirts with french cuffs are pretty formal. So not sure what you are planning for, to be wearing a formal shirt with jeans...even Don Johnson couldn't pull off french cuffs and jeans...so is this a costume party or something?

Another suggestion...rather than worrying about the french cuffs...it may be cheaper and easier to go out and buy a cheap dress shirt, so it fits and is the colour you want and you don't need to worry about cufflinks.

Lemme know what the occaision is. Or quote the post that I missed.

ElPietro
11-13-2002, 09:52 AM
Oh and I just had a wedding on sunday...had a blue shirt on and had black opal cufflinks, set in gold, with a gold "mesh" that wrapped around the cuff to the back...it looked totally ace.

Tryska
11-13-2002, 10:00 AM
the occassion is throughly casual. i tried it on yesterday and it looked cool and funky with the jeans. (faded out, hipster, bootleg)

shirt untucked with the lower 2 buttons undone and the upper two undone. and it fits relatively well.

(the shirt isn't overly formal..just standard cotton dressshirt)

engineer boots to go with. i just have to give the shirt a good pressing. (and get the cufflinks and bra)

ElPietro
11-13-2002, 10:10 AM
Ok, just get some subtle cuffs then. The shirt prolly seems none too formal now...but when you put the cuff links on it really changes things. The cuffs won't wrap around your wrist like normal cuffs...when you put cufflinks on, it basically flattens them out and makes them "flare" away from your shirt. Highly visible etc. Also a bit uncomfortable if you aren't used to it...as whenever you put your arms down or rest them against something the damned cuffs are stiff and in the way all the time.

What kinda bra will you be wearing? Send pics if you wish for private consultation. :drooling: I'll do it for free...but I need something to work with, besides, I think you owe me scandalous pics if my memory serves me... :)

Tryska
11-13-2002, 10:13 AM
yeah i think that little flare ont he cuff can be worked consdiering the rest of the outfit. I've gotta get a nice little press on that collar tho. as for the bra, push up and plunge of course. i can't decide on red, black or purple. red works considering the blue stripe. and i don't plan on showing it all out, but if for some reason it should peek, it should match. ;)

Relentless
11-13-2002, 10:28 AM
depends on the kind, but yeah, they often get pricey... I think it's probably due to a combination of rarity and the fact that guys don't shop much

galileo
11-13-2002, 10:36 AM
TRYSKA.

You're ne'er on MSN. Stop it.

Tryska
11-13-2002, 10:40 AM
i ne'er on msn at night, you mean. sorry. been busy lately.

callahan..i wonder if target would have cufflinks? broke guys need to dress up too, don't they?

Pup
11-13-2002, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by Callahan
the fact that guys don't shop much

....pfft :mad:

ElPietro
11-13-2002, 10:48 AM
Yeah, that's what I meant by department store...they prolly have plastic ones or some "fun" jewelry or something hanging on a rack.

Tryska
11-13-2002, 10:56 AM
ah okay....i'll make the rounds this evening.

Reinier
11-13-2002, 12:46 PM
handcuffs?
:whip:

rookiebldr
11-13-2002, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by Callahan
depends on the kind, but yeah, they often get pricey... I think it's probably due to a combination of rarity and the fact that guys don't shop much

I would also add, that people don't tend to buy very many, they don't tend to go out of style too quickly and they don't wear out. I'm sure I could dig out some old one for ya, Tryska.

Tryska
11-13-2002, 04:20 PM
by friday night? *lol*

i'll see what i can do about finding some, and then i'll ask for help.

Tryska
11-14-2002, 07:10 AM
callahan called it. i hooked a pair for free from the tux rental store.

now i'm all set. also, i missed my pull workout last night. i'm tempted to hit the gym now and do it, since i'm up so early, and don't need to get on the road til 11am.

Tryska
11-14-2002, 09:12 AM
Mornings seem to be good for me...even on an empty stomach. (still having eatign issues again)

Pull:
Lunges - 40x18x2 (i know they are technically push, but i love what they do for my ass and hammies, and i like those to be tight on the weekend ;))
RDL - 115x10x2
Assisted Chin - 90x10x2
Yates Row- 65x8x2
TB Shrugs- 135x8x2
Seated Calf Raise- 90x20x2
Curls - Hammer 20x8; Concentration 12.5x8 (superset)

right...time to hit the showers and get on the road to Nashville.

see y'all tomorrow sometime i'm guessing. if not, then whenever hasta.

ectx
11-14-2002, 09:23 AM
but i love what they do for my ass and hammies, and i like those to be tight on the weekend ;)

Come on T...you're making this too easy. Now excuse me as I clean up the drool on the keyboard.

Y'all have fun in Nashville.

Kayak_boy
11-14-2002, 08:24 PM
Don't ruin the look with work boots Missy, surely you can find something that will kick off the jeans better than that?

Hey, what rollout you doing?? Win2K to desktops or Servers?? I'm in Brisbane at the mo doing an XP rollout. Have had a $hit week, no access to a gym or pool, my hotel was crap so I had to change to another, long hours, high humidity etc etc..... I'm not a happy camper Missy!!! At least the rollout went ok, can't wait to get back to Sydney in the morning.

So you training much lately or just buying laods of clothes and looking good??:p

Tryska
11-15-2002, 12:29 PM
haha...ec......sorry bud. it's just that well...one never knows when one's gonna get slapped on the ass. *lol*

kayak..not work boots...engineer boots....the kind with the little strap across the ankle. you can't see much but the toe (square, black leather - bikers where them most often), cept when i sit down, and then you see the ankle strap. it looks okay...trust me. ;) i was a bit insulted the other day when someone described my style as hip and trendy, cuz umm...i create trands, not blindly follow them. *snap* *snap* okay i'm kidding. anyways...it's a win2k to desktop rollout. it's fine when you have simple people with simple base installs, but when you have people that are more complicated, and the entire process sorta..."virtual" it's get sketchy. we're doing it nationwide, and it's something like 10,000 machines total.....my office is 68, and when we're doen ere, we star picking up the onesy-twosey offices outside of this regional center. those should be cake because they will be base installs as well.

as for training yeah, i've been training pretty regular as far as weights go, but cardio has been tough to get to, with the late hours at work and whatnot. I'm not sweating it a whole lot tho, cuz my days have been pretty active, what with the running around and unpacking and haulign equipment all over. the looking fabulous part of things is strictly for weekends. ;)

Tryska
11-15-2002, 12:32 PM
oh i forgot to add...nashvile was cool. the drive was absolutely gorgeous because it's through the moutnaisn and the leaves have turned....real pretty. nashville itself is a cool city. altho downtown closes at 3pm which is sucky. my hotel room sucked, but i think i was spoiled by nyc....got there last night, picked up the equipment, went shopping on broadway, and checked some bars and stuff in printer's alley. that was cool. what sucked was diet:

m1: isopure and apple juice post training
m2: chicken tikka masala and naan

yeah.

bad scene. today's been worse - so far i've had a latte and soy juce shake thingy. sucky i know. i'm going out to get some food now.

anyways off to run errands, gert a pedicure and return the rental car.

lataz.

Franco
11-15-2002, 12:38 PM
Cool to hear that you had a good time:)

What was the hire car?

Tryska
11-15-2002, 08:37 PM
hey fran! it was a malibu.

it was pretty comfy...cruise control and cd player and i was happy.

Franco
11-16-2002, 01:44 AM
Well, just as long as it wasn't a neon;)

Tryska
11-16-2002, 11:08 AM
i live a crazy crazy life, and i'm just coming to terms with that fact now.

i'm recovering from a pretty wild night. i didn't drink a whole lot...just my one usual stoli raspberry and sprite, but then me and the bartender did a couple kamikaze shots on the house. made a few new friends too. didn't get home til 4am and didn't get to sleep til 5. woke up at 9 all chipper and starving, so it was time for a waffle house breakfast, and some serious caffien as i need to be to work in an hour, and i need to be awake for that. so it was a starbucks triple latte and a scrambled egg and cheese, some toast, and hasbrowns - scattered for breakie this morning.

totally not on my diet, but i haven't been eating enough at all, so screw it. I've gotta make some time to cook my meals too for next week. when that's gonna happen lord only knows. I'm staying in tonight, tho, maybe tomorrow morning.

the boys loved the outfit last night, so all was good. one day i'm gonna have to start a diary of my escapades. just so i can keep track of them. *lol* I'll call it the The Adventures of an Abstinent Mack. Eh..i need a better title. I'll deal with that later. Anyways. just a quick update.

really need to focus on diet today. And keeping an upbeat attitude, so i can make that money, honey. :rolleyes:

Tryska
11-16-2002, 11:09 AM
oh and fran - nah..no neon..only intermediate and up sized cars for me. ;)

Kayak_boy
11-17-2002, 07:08 PM
Glad the boys liked the look!;)

I'm sure if you turned up in an old sack they probably would too. :)

JohnCollins
11-17-2002, 09:34 PM
Hello! :hello: I'm just roaming around journals since they seem kinda like having people visit "over at my place" things.

I'm bummed, you weren't lying, your lifts are as big as mine :cry:

I tried reading all of Galileo's journal, and determined I just can't read them all, from cover to cover. But I'm gonna come visit y'all.

Like your birthday outfit, btw!

JPC

Tryska
11-18-2002, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by Kayak_boy

I'm sure if you turned up in an old sack they probably would too. :)

*lol* my ex used to say that to me all the time.

anyways, yeah it went over well. how was your weekend?

john....i knwo man..i never lie. anyways, thanks for visiting and thansk for the compliment! :d

Kayak_boy
11-18-2002, 06:20 PM
Oh No.... don't want to sound like the Ex!! Aaaggghhhh!!!:p

Weekend was very average.... chick troubles! Tell ya what, you girls don't make it easy. Hopefully it'll sort itself out.

You have a good one?

Tryska
11-19-2002, 08:22 AM
well there were some things about the ex that were good. of course there were osme that were very bad as well, but you don't sound liek that. *lol*

and our job isn't to make it easy sunshine, it's to make things as hard as possible. ;)

anyways...my weekend was one for the memoirs. quite good.

galileo
11-19-2002, 12:34 PM
Glad to hear ya had a good one!

Mine are too ****ing short. ****************************.

Tryska
11-19-2002, 12:35 PM
well mine was short too, but eventful. did you get that tire sorted out?

galileo
11-19-2002, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by JohnCollins
I tried reading all of Galileo's journal, and determined I just can't read them all, from cover to cover. But I'm gonna come visit y'all.

:eek: Keep reading there, lawnmower.

ectx
11-19-2002, 01:21 PM
Hey T....did you say your bro's stationed at Lackland? Dang...that's not too far away from my side of town. I've got a couple of friends that are zero's there. You'll really have to come down and party Texas style, yo.

Tryska
11-19-2002, 01:43 PM
i sure did....he's a zoomie there, pending clearance for Intel.

so you aren't too far huh? maybe i should swing by and visit him on base one of these days. have to wait til after works settles down some tho.

the doc
11-19-2002, 02:05 PM
hey kb....this is just for you.....i don't really like the pic and remember it's 4am and i'm a wee bit tipsy......also the fur collar makes me look like a linebacker, and my thighs look huge....but whatever.....i looked better in person. ;)

Tryska you are looking great!!!!
Next time i visit grant me a plunging neck line :D

:drooling:

Tryska
11-19-2002, 02:09 PM
*lol* i'm not sure you could maintain your composure doc.

the doc
11-19-2002, 02:14 PM
hey did you see the post where i said we should mix our genes?

galileo
11-19-2002, 02:15 PM
well mine was short too, but eventful. did you get that tire sorted out?

Yeah. Mah****in tire-fixin guy sucked ass. I'll be posting my experience in tonight's update.

Pup
11-19-2002, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by the doc
hey did you see the post where i said we should mix our genes?

...take a number assface!

Tryska
11-19-2002, 02:24 PM
where was this doc? i totally missed it.

and it will be $100 per genetic sample. (epithelial cheek cell of course ;) )

Franco
11-19-2002, 02:42 PM
Hot diggitty damn... We have an orgy on our hands:eek: :D

Tryska
11-19-2002, 03:10 PM
:eek:

just so you know, i've got a "i don't take my pants off" rule.

galileo
11-19-2002, 03:13 PM
That's why God made zippers...and scissors.

Tryska
11-19-2002, 03:26 PM
ummm.

i'm getting scared now. :help:

galileo
11-19-2002, 03:31 PM
Muahaha! Well they technically don't have to "come off." :D

Kayak_boy
11-19-2002, 04:50 PM
well there were some things about the ex that were good. of course there were osme that were very bad as well, but you don't sound liek that. *lol*

and our job isn't to make it easy sunshine, it's to make things as hard as possible. ;)

anyways...my weekend was one for the memoirs. quite good.

I'd like to think that I don't!!;)

Well I tell you what, my chick is singing from the same hyme sheet as you..... making things very hard!

Well I'm packing up early today and heading on a road trip for the weekend with my mates, bringing our surf boards and our good lokks and gonna have a ball!:D :angel:

Tryska
11-19-2002, 05:15 PM
smell you....i'm very jealous. it's freezing cold here and i have no ocean. :(

as for your chick...i guess it depends on what she's making hard eh? *lol* anyways..enough perversion...wanna talk about it? if so, hit me up on pm.

and galileo.....something about scissors anywhere near my special areas is very disturbing. *lol*

Kayak_boy
11-19-2002, 05:25 PM
smell you....i'm very jealous. it's freezing cold here and i have no ocean. :(

as for your chick...i guess it depends on what she's making hard eh? *lol* anyways..enough perversion...wanna talk about it? if so, hit me up on pm.

Well hate to break it to you but it's over 30 degrees here today, hot as hell and I can't wai to get down the beach. We're actually taking a six hour drive later today, get some beers in tonight and then surf tomorrow and Friday, maybe even get some golf in. Can't wait, I haven't had any time off since April. Will be a nice break away from Sydney too.

might PM ya later, that would be unreal, cheers.

Catch ya Missy.

PS: I'll have photos of us winning that race a few weeks ago early next week, I scan one for sure. You can see me doing what I do best.... Winning!!:p

Tryska
11-20-2002, 05:59 AM
ace!!! you have to post them for me...that would be kickass.

I think i migth have to take up dual residence....one here in atlanta, and another in Australia somewhere. if i worked it right then i would never ever be cold. :D

anyways...wanted to update with last night's push session, i was quite tried from my job so it was mediocre. one day when i'm actually feeling rested as opposed to obligated, im gonna increase these weights.

Push:
Squats- 135x10x2
Bench: 75x8x2 (with a spotter)
Flyes: 50x6x2
OH Press: 40x8x2 (dbs)
Rope Pulldowns: 50x15x2

Tryska
11-22-2002, 06:05 AM
right...this week has been busy as all hell. my partner-in-crimes last day was yesterday, i'm knee-deep in conversion and i've been working 10-12 hour days. I've been eating relatively okay, but I missed my pull workout last night, cuz i didn't get home till 9pm. (just in time to go to bed at 10 :rolleyes: ) it's prolly just as well, as I pulled an erector muscle wedneday night trying to pull a monitor the size of my freakin torso off of soemone's desk.

i've been doing pretty good with heavy lifting i've had to do, using my legs for most of it, but the size of the boxes and equipment (especially monitors) are a little difficult cuz i'm so little. (well i'm not tiny or anything, but my arms are too short) anyways functional strength is one of the perks of weight-training. i impressed my boss yesterday by being able to haul stuff. that wa skinda fun cuz he wasn't expecting me to be able to pick up a monitor box that was over my head and bring it down gracefully.

so do i feel guilty about not beign abl;e to get in my training when i'm doing so much uncharacteristic physical labor?

all i know is i can't wait to go out and unwind tonight.

ectx
11-22-2002, 12:28 PM
right...this week has been busy as all hell. my partner-in-crimes last day was yesterday, i'm knee-deep in conversion and i've been working 10-12 hour days. ....
all i know is i can't wait to go out and unwind tonight.

This all sounds somewhat familiar....hehe.

You are uber (sp?) she woman. Next time your boss threatens with a deadline, I say do a little show of force to remind him you can kick his ass.

Tryska
11-22-2002, 12:46 PM
baha. he actually went out and got me pepto bismol today, cuz i had soem sort of GI issue from breakfast. I actually installed 2 more pcs while he was gone...and actually felt better doing the physical stuff then just sitting there at my desk. He's going back to NYC later this afternoon and i think i'm gonna skate right out behind him. ;)

galileo
11-22-2002, 12:52 PM
Don't forget the Miracle Whip!

Tryska
11-22-2002, 01:35 PM
miracle whip? :scratch:

Tryska
11-23-2002, 07:12 AM
so i was goign out last night, and i figured after a rough day i would eat a good meal, and take a disco nap, wake up and head otu around 10pm. my friend said he was gonna take a disco nap too. well...i woke up at 7:30 this morning. i have no idea whether my friend went out or not, cuz he was supposed tog ive me a wake up call. i'm guessing he didn't. i'll have tot alk to him today.

i woke up dry as a bone and starved and my voice so husky it's said. i also dreamt of drinking gatorade last night, so that should telly a something. i am quite perk tho. i haven't eaten any solid food yet, but my tummy feels a bit better than it did yesterday. of course i was feelign fine yesterday til i put food on it and that's when the cramping started. i'm not sure what's wrong with me, but some of the possibilities are quite scary.

anyways, i think i'm gonna see what i can do about getting a massage before my shift this afternoon, and then going out tonight instead.

Kayak_boy
11-24-2002, 05:59 PM
"Disco Nap???"

That's the funniest thing I've heard in ages.

I have power snoozes myself!

That's a hell of a lot of sleep Missy, all this manual labour must be getting to you!:p

beastin v6
11-24-2002, 08:01 PM
Tryska you ever posted pics of yourself?

Kayak_boy
11-24-2002, 08:21 PM
ace!!! you have to post them for me...that would be kickass.

I think i migth have to take up dual residence....one here in atlanta, and another in Australia somewhere. if i worked it right then i would never ever be cold. :D

Oops....missed this post!

I used up a few more shots, will finish the roll tomorrow evening for my mates birthday, so I'll get them up for the end of the week.:)

Dual residence would the unreal, bet you'd love it here. It's 35 degrees outside right now so you certainly wouldn't be cold!!

If you're lucky I might even teach you to paddle a ski!!:p

And you could teach me to be a bad ass curl jockey!!:cool:

Kayak_boy
11-24-2002, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by beastin v6
Tryska you ever posted pics of yourself?

You're kidding, right?

Geez, you don't know what bad ass shots you've been missing Beastin!!:D

beastin v6
11-24-2002, 08:40 PM
lol,

i was not going to page by page.. their is 43 of them..could u post em Trys? thanks

Kayak_boy
11-24-2002, 10:28 PM
I'm hearing ya. LOL!

Tryska put up a shot in the members pic, have a look at that one. And no drolling..... it'll only damage your keyboard!!:D

Tryska
11-25-2002, 05:57 AM
*lol* KB.....you are too kind. but yeah..disco naps kick ass...they are the post-work, pre-clubbing naps. and yeah..i jsut talked to my sis the other dya, she and hubby are possbily moving to new zealand. they are applying for a project out there. i was mucho jealous.

beastin...yeah, i've posted several.......there are some on page 9 here, there is another one a couple pages back...and there is one in the member pics thread.

Kayak_boy
11-25-2002, 04:17 PM
Get outta that!!;)

Well I might adopt the disco nap this weekend instead of a power snooze and see how I go..... don't know if I'll be able to sleep with all the music and lights though!!:p

Tryska
11-25-2002, 04:46 PM
*lmao*

i never even thought of the disco nap that way. to me that just means the nap you take before hitting the disco all night. it's my 70's throwback lingo.

now i don't think i'll ever be able to think of a disco nap without flashing lights and music ever again. baha!

Kayak_boy
11-25-2002, 05:05 PM
:D

JohnCollins
11-25-2002, 08:09 PM
it's prolly just as well, as I pulled an erector muscle wedneday night trying to pull a monitor the size of my freakin torso off of soemone's desk.

I'm sooooo tempted to make some snide comment about you're "pulling an erector muscle", but I think ElPietro lost his limbs in here for some similar inane remark, so I will resist the urge.

Hey, what's going on in here anyway? Thought I'd post so I get an email notice when there's more inanity (is that a word?) going on in here.

You a little less bummed than this morning?

JPC

Tryska
11-26-2002, 08:31 AM
yeah john..i'm ove rit....no matter what life keeps rolling forward, and you kinda have to keep up, no?

i don't know that you want email notification on my journal...you will get soo much spam for it. baha.

ElPietro
11-26-2002, 08:35 AM
Haha! Man, I wish she would pull my "erector muscle." :p

Tryska
11-26-2002, 09:39 AM
to quote ice cube...."come on..put your back into it."

Reinier
11-26-2002, 10:55 AM
lol thats funny. its wrong tho cuz as we all know the penis is not a muscle

ectx
11-26-2002, 12:19 PM
It's smooth muscle.

Tryska...you all set for your supa dupa Turkey weekend? I know you've been looking forward to some R&R& turkey.

It's below 50 F right now...so by my standards it's freaking freezing. Bah, humbug...I detest the idea of putting Christmas lights up at my folks place in this weather. My sis needs to get married already so that some poor shmuck can take over these duties for me.

Tryska
11-26-2002, 12:26 PM
yeah ec, i'm ready. i'm staying home as usual, but i'm going over to a new friend's house for dinner. and i think she's trying to set me up with a friend of her husband's. so that's gonna be amusing. but we're having fried turkey so that makes me happy. *lol*

i just can't wait to get my hosue cleaned. it's been a busy busy few weeks and i haven't had the time.

Pup
11-26-2002, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by ElPietro
Haha! Man, I wish she would pull my "erector muscle." :p

Dude...don't you remember when she grabbed your "unit" last time...i don't think you want to dish out another 5k for plastic reconstructive surgery tuttut

WillKuenzel
11-26-2002, 09:59 PM
Is it deep fried turkey? Oh bejeezin greatness that is some awesome stuff. Can I come? Can I come? I promise to be good!

Good luck with the husband's friend. Dontcha just love it when friends try to be matchmaker?

Tryska
11-27-2002, 08:16 AM
hell yeah..cajun deep-friend turkey. i wasn't sure at first, but when she said fried turkey, well...that was my press..i was like.."yeah?? what time?!" *lol*

she's already told me he's kinda dorky, so i don't feel totally set up.

galileo
11-27-2002, 08:18 AM
TURKEY!

Tryska, are you getting my IMs? I think my proxy at work is screwy so I can't initiate...

ElPietro
11-27-2002, 08:27 AM
she's already told me he's kinda dorky, so i don't feel totally set up.

You mean he's not cool enough for you and your Windows 2000 rollout lifestyle? :p

Tryska
11-27-2002, 08:30 AM
not cool enough for her. i haven't met him, so he might not be dorky to me. who knows.

(stick that in your pipe and smoke it, crackhead)

and galileo..i did, but i was ont he phone with someone and when i aswered it said you were offline.

Paul Stagg
11-27-2002, 09:32 AM

You mean he's not cool enough for you and your Windows 2000 rollout lifestyle? :p

Oh my.

*clap**clap**clap**clap**clap**clap**clap**clap**clap**clap**clap**clap**clap**clap**clap**clap**cla p**clap**clap**clap**clap**clap**clap**clap**clap**clap*

I'm in tears. That was freaking hysterical. It's a good thing no one is in the office today.

Tryska
11-27-2002, 09:54 AM
and my life has more going on then just a windows 2000 rollout.

if y'all only knew. baha.

ElPietro
11-27-2002, 10:09 AM
Oh yeah, you have to carry monitors out of the back room too! Only you can so seamlessly integrate geeky IT work and weight training into one!

And, haha, I made Paul laugh at you!

*points at tina* :evillaugh

Tryska
11-27-2002, 10:14 AM
Only you can so seamlessly integrate geeky IT work and weight training into one!

don't forget mackin'.

IT Geek by Day, Meathead by evening, Mack Mamma when the sun goes down.

Relentless
11-27-2002, 10:16 AM
Mack Mamma when the sun goes down.

You drive a truck for a living????

Tryska
11-27-2002, 10:17 AM
nah...i keep hos happy. it's charity work really.

Relentless
11-27-2002, 10:18 AM
but you drive around in a Mack truck when you're keeping these hoses happy?
:confused:

(edit) OK, nevermind... the playing dumb thing is now stale to me. ;)

Tryska
11-27-2002, 10:20 AM
yeah..i'm gettin tired too. *lol*

and no silly..i drive around in my little geo storm. duh.

JohnCollins
11-27-2002, 02:50 PM
i drive around in my little geo storm. duh.

I just knew you were a GEO Storm kinda person, Tryska. Ever since suggesting the Vespa in that motorcycle thread.

Tryska
11-27-2002, 03:20 PM
actually i'm not. i'm more of a jeep cherokee person, but i'm also very much a broke person, offered a deal she couldn't refuse.

(ie - a 91 geo in decent running condition for $500 bucks)

up until i started having no money, i'd always had a cherokee tho. except for the bit of time i was driving a saab. (old saab - not a new one). the no money stuff coincedentally started happenning when i quite contracting and thought a salary and bennies would be better. damn i miss my mercenary days.

Kayak_boy
11-27-2002, 04:10 PM
My contract runs out at Christmas..... think I'd prefer some stability at the mo!

:cry:

Tryska
11-29-2002, 09:45 AM
ohhh...i'm sorry to hear that.....that is one thing i like about my current job..it seems quite stable. my coworkers a carnival sideshow tho. they are all a bit freaky. (wih exceptions)

anyways..here's my Pre-Thanksgiving Push session:

Squats: 135x10; 155x10
Bench: 80x6; 75x8
Flyes: 30x10; 60x6
OH press: 50x10; 60x5
Pressdowns: 40x20 (rope); 50x15 (shortbar)
Abs: 25x4

that's it.

JohnCollins
11-29-2002, 10:04 PM
my coworkers a carnival sideshow tho. they are all a bit freaky. (wih exceptions)

OK. And when you're not working, you hang out here, eh? Methinks you like your friends a bit "carnie".

I'm encouraged by your workout. My weights are slowly creeping past yours! Yaaaaayyyyy! ;)

Tryska
12-01-2002, 11:01 AM
heehee...lowering those reps will do it man....i've got a leftover pull session from friday (gotta keep the glutes tight) that i need to update:

Lunges: 40x18x2
RDL:115x10x2
Assisted Chin: 90x10x2
Row: 65x10x2
Shrug: 135x8x2
Calf Raise: 95x20x2
Curls: 20x10; 12.5x10 (concentrations)

so that wasn't any sort of progressive workout, but it was tiring to get through. Back to Backs make the fact that i;m training heavy so much more noticeable.

oh john....if you think hanging out here is bad...you should see what i;m doing when i;m not here. I guess i do enjoy a good freakshow. I might even be queen of the freaks! *lol*

Tryska
12-04-2002, 08:40 AM
alright....last night's push:

Squats: 135x10; 155x10 (no warmup cuz some dipsh*t was going on and on about he had 3 or 4 sets to do, with one plate on each side, like he was hardcore or soemthing, and i asked him if i could work in. after my first set he was like..umm..the smith machine is free so i'm gonna use that instead. :rolleyes: )

Bench: 75x8; 80x5 (not progression exactly, except this was with no spot, so i'm thrilled)
Machine Flyes: 45x12; 60x8 (i think i'm gonna use the machines for flyes for a bit. i feel like i work better with it)
OH Press: 60x6x2
Pressdown: 50x15 (shortbar); 50x12 (rope)

the end. :)

ElPietro
12-04-2002, 09:52 AM
Is your overhead press a free weight military? Or machine or what? Just curious.

Tryska
12-04-2002, 10:01 AM
i switch off....sometimes it's DB, sometimes i use the hammer iso shoulder press machine.

the past few weeks it's been the shoulder press machine. when it's db the weights a little lower, since i still have wussy wrists.

Kayak_boy
12-04-2002, 04:25 PM
Wuss!

:p

Tryska
12-05-2002, 09:12 AM
stop heckling me, you! tuttut

Kayak_boy
12-05-2002, 04:48 PM
Heckle, heckle, heckle!!

;)

:angel:

Tryska
12-09-2002, 08:17 AM
the word for today is.....

blargh.

ElPietro
12-09-2002, 08:31 AM
the word for today is.....

blargh.

What has you unhappy this day Tina-poo?

Tryska
12-09-2002, 08:33 AM
not enough quality sleep.

and difficulty balancing the 2 jobs, the hectic social life of late, and the training and eating schedule.

Kayak_boy
12-09-2002, 04:16 PM
*looks for worlds smallest violin*

Listen here you, you're not sounding very bad ass today!

Sort it out Missy.

:whip:

Tryska
12-10-2002, 08:15 AM
baha...i need soem cheese to go with my whine!

i got decent sleep last night, so i'm in a much better mood. plan on doing my push session tonight. woohoo!

Tryska
12-11-2002, 08:49 AM
woohoo...did another push session yesterday:

Squats: 135x10; 155x10 (i'm upping this next week)
Bench: 75x8; 80x8 (with a spot)
Flyes: 60x10; 65x8
Pressdowns: 50x15; 55x15
Abs: 30x4

that's that. lowback is feeling some tension today....i'm gonna have to incorporate deads back into my pull session. maybe skip the lunges, do the deads and sldls and throw in some extra curls for the booty.

ectx
12-11-2002, 09:05 AM
that's that. lowback is feeling some tension today....i'm gonna have to incorporate deads back into my pull session. maybe skip the lunges, do the deads and sldls...

deads and SLDL'S together? Isn't that overkill?

...and throw in some extra curls for the booty. [/B]

and a fine booty it is ;)

:hump:

Tryska
12-11-2002, 09:07 AM
baha. it's all about the booty.

anyways, imo, no. Deads work my traps, back in general and definitely my erector muscles. I do sldls, well really romanians, to hit the hams and glutes. my low backs been feeling neglected lately.

Paul Stagg
12-11-2002, 09:10 AM
Just dropping in to see how we are doing.

Looks good, T. Keep it up.

ElPietro
12-11-2002, 09:12 AM
Squats: 135x10; 155x10 (i'm upping this next week)

That's one strong 455 you have there young lady. :)

Tryska
12-11-2002, 09:15 AM
hey thanks paulie!

and lp...thanks man....it's no 315, but i'm trying. ;)

ericg
12-11-2002, 09:40 AM
Nice work tyrs - keep pushing (lame i know)

;)

Tryska
12-11-2002, 09:41 AM
or pullin...depends on the day. *lol* thanks for the props.

Kayak_boy
12-11-2002, 04:25 PM
it's all about the booty.

'Nuff said!

Tryska
12-13-2002, 08:35 AM
hee hee...did even more booty-work last night -

Pull:
RDL - 115x10; 125x10
Assisted Chin - 90x10x2
Lunges - 45x18x2
TB Dead - 115x10; 145x10
Smith Row - 65x10x2 (anybody have any thoughts on using a smith machine for a bent over row? tried it for the first time last night, i liked how it allwoed me to focus on my lats)

Shrug - 135x8 (traps were fried by this point)
Concentration Curl - 12.5x10
Calf raise - 90x15x2

Just some girl
12-13-2002, 10:22 AM
Tryska, from the strength of your other lifts, it seems like you should be able to do unassisted pullups. Is this a goal you are working towards (reducing the amount of assist slowly)? Or is it something you just arent really interested in, so will continue to do assisted indefinitely?

also, when you say "Assisted Chin - 90x10x2", that means you are pulling 90 lbs, and not getting 90 lbs of assist, right?

Tryska
12-13-2002, 10:43 AM
yeah..i don't have the strength yet for full on pullups....almost, but not quite. and i'm pulling 90 lbs, not getting a 90lb assist. it will be a little bit yet, but i seem to be stuck at 90. I tried for pulling 100 last week, and just couldn't get it, i've been plateaud here for quite some time. i'm nto particularly stressed over it tho, as my pullup plateau rivals my bench plateau in length. i figure if i keep plugging away eventually it will happen. *lol* :cry:

Just some girl
12-13-2002, 10:47 AM
when you say you couldn't get it, do you mean you couldnt get one rep? or you couldnt get 4-6 reps or higher? because it seems like if you can do anything at 100lbs, that'll be progress towards moving up there for a full set.

and have you thought about doing slow negatives with a lot less assist, or even no assist? this is how i started out on it and it worked wonders for building up strength enough to allow me to do an unassisted pullup. just a thought.

Tryska
12-13-2002, 10:48 AM
i couldn't get 4-6.

by slo negatives do you mean, having someone hold my feet for me?

Just some girl
12-13-2002, 10:55 AM
if you need it i guess you could do that. im not sure how to translate this to assisted pullups because when i started, i didnt use a machine, B was my assist-giver. but they way we did it was he helped me pull myself up to the top of a bar, and then i lowered myself down as slowly as i could. i cannot remember if he held my feet a bit initially as i lowered down to make it a tad easier, but i guess if you need that, its ok. the ideal here though would be to do the slow neg on your own. it is a great deal easier to do than the up part of the pullup motion. and the better at it you get, the slower you can do it. it really does wonders for increasing ability to pull up!

Tryska
12-13-2002, 10:58 AM
okay yeah..that's what i thought you meant...getting someone to assist you up in the first place and then lowering down.

i don't train with a partner, but i i bet i could zero out the machine, and use that for the negative.

Just some girl
12-13-2002, 11:01 AM
that would work. give it a shot! i think you'll like it.

Kayak_boy
12-15-2002, 07:45 PM
Good to see there's been some work going on here!!:whip: :bash:

;)

Tryska
12-16-2002, 09:10 AM
who's holding the whip, mister?

Relentless
12-16-2002, 11:55 AM
yeah..i don't have the strength yet for full on pullups....almost, but not quite. and i'm pulling 90 lbs, not getting a 90lb assist. it will be a little bit yet, but i seem to be stuck at 90. I tried for pulling 100 last week, and just couldn't get it, i've been plateaud here for quite some time. i'm nto particularly stressed over it tho, as my pullup plateau rivals my bench plateau in length. i figure if i keep plugging away eventually it will happen. *lol* :cry:

I have not progressed very fast on this movement myself... I wanted to get 10 clean reps @ bodyweight for widegrip chins and I've been stalled just below that for quite some time. Next back day I'm adding weight simply to add weight... this is actually a good progression scheme for most things I've found (original suggestion came from ElPietro, I think... )

However, the progress I HAVE made was helped by:
1) doing this FIRST whenever possible on back day
2) doing heavy sets even if I couldn't get the rep range... if you can only get 3 reps are 100, do a set at 100 and then go back to 90 for your 2 workign sets... force your muscles to adapt to the heavier weight, even if you can only get a few chins at that weight.
3) Evaluate what is failing you on the heavy weight... is it your back, your arms, your grip? Maybe some strengthening in an isolation lift to bring one part of the whole up to speed will help. I know for myself, grip is something of an issue on higher rep ranges at full BW... then again I am probably twice your BW so that's probably not an issue for you. ;)

FWIW
Cal

Tryska
12-16-2002, 12:53 PM
it's definitely my abck that's the issue.....and yeah, i stall and then progress a smidge, stall and progress....i tried putting it first, but that didn't work out well at all, so i do the stiff-leggeds first to warm up, and then go into it.

Relentless
12-16-2002, 01:02 PM
an alternative; do a light set of 15 or so assisteds to warm up and then go right into it? (i.e. enough assist that you're lifting ~50-60 instead of 90-100....)

Tryska
12-16-2002, 01:04 PM
mmm..yeah i was thinking of that when i typed it. that's worth a shot.

Relentless
12-16-2002, 01:21 PM
another tip: look up when you do it (rather than forward) and rather than trying to pull yourself straight up, tilt your chest a bit and sorta think about bringing your chest up to the bar rather than simply pulling up... it's possible your shoulders/etc. are just structured to make things hard for you at the current angle of attack; you may have greater success by varying the angle a bit

Tryska
12-16-2002, 01:36 PM
well i do look up...also i try to pull with my elbows (i can't explain it well) but it was something i got from gino a long time back. that's definitely helped with form. i know my form is good, but i'm not gonna make any excuses...my back is wussy. nto as wussy as my chest, but damn near close.

Kayak_boy
12-16-2002, 04:48 PM
who's holding the whip, mister?

Who would you like to be holding the whip, Missy??

Tryska
12-17-2002, 08:57 AM

nice response. heh.

Kayak_boy
12-17-2002, 04:27 PM
I do my best!!

:p

Tryska
12-23-2002, 11:40 AM
right, so i might as well do a little update on my journal. (read: i have nothing better to do at the moment, as I'm eating lunch.)

Took a rest week last week, as i'd just lost my motivation to go to the gym, and that usual means time for a little breaky-break.

I was also keeping late hours at work, so I really wasn't getting home in time to do much of anything but eat and go to sleep.

Friday night i went out and didn't get in til 5am, saturday night i went out and didn't get in til 5 am, sunday, i woke up around 1:30, only cuz the phoen was ringing, and it was my friend calling to rehash the night before, i went to the gym and did a "curative" 45 minute low and steady cardio thing. then on my way back fromt he gym, i got rear-ended by some loser who then proceeded to drive off. fooking hit and run. no big whup tho, just some minor fender damage on my hoopty, and a bent license plate. which might actually be a blessing in disguise. that killed my endorphin high tho.

this week, i'm planning on hittign the gym tonight for a push, and hopefully hooking up with a friend so that we can make plans to go out til the crack of dawn tomorrow night, and then do a pull tomorrow, and cardio through the rest of the week.

that about covers where i am right now. diet has been crap, i'm hoping to do groceries sometime soon, so it will be less crap by next week.

kAiXuan
12-23-2002, 01:25 PM
glad to see somebody else staying up late and waking up extra late :thumbup:

Tryska
12-23-2002, 01:28 PM
*lol* word.

my boss at the gym actually wanted me to pick up an 8 am shift next saturday, i told him dude...do you realize i don't get in til like 6am?

so i got my other boss to keep me on my afternoon shift. the thigns i gotta do to keep my free gym access. :rolleyes:

ectx
12-23-2002, 02:01 PM
Feliz Navidad Muchacha!

adios.

Tryska
12-23-2002, 02:08 PM
feliz navidad amigo!

hasta la vista!

Tryska
12-24-2002, 01:56 PM
w00+!

just finishes my christmas eve push session:

BB Lunges: 45x12; 65x12
Squats: 155x10x2
Bench: 75x8; 80x5
Flyes: 60x10; 67.5x8
Pressdown: 50x15x2
Abs: 30x4

that's that....i'm just looking around to see what trouble i can get into tonight at the moment.

Delphi
12-24-2002, 03:31 PM
huevos rancheros!!!!11

Tryska
12-25-2002, 12:15 PM
yo mama!!!1!

note to self: staying up til dawn = DOMS starting early.

wasn't expecting the night i had. actually i was al set to go to sleep early, but got a call from a friend who had to work yesterday, asking me if i wanted to hook up after he got off. we decided to meet at the strip club, since there was no cover, and maybe shoot some pool and then go someplace else, depending on the scene. well i got there before he did, and there was hardly anybody there, so i was hanging out with some of the dancers and a waiter who was taking care of me. he and i went in the back and shot some pool til my friend showed up, and we just hung out shooting pool with some drag queen dressed as a hooters girl, (who couldn't shoot for sh*t) and the waiter, who got us some goldshclager shots. interestingly enough after the goldschlager everything became a little more fun. if i'm not mistaken, at some point in the evening, i offered one of my dancer friends a marriage proposal if he had any problems getting his greencard. *lmao*

anyhoo, the club closed down early, and another one of my dancer associates gave me some of his money to take him by his dad's house. well we wound up at an after -hours first, and basically he was paying me to hang out and babysit his f*cked up junkie-ass. he got us a couple more drinks..stumbling up the stairs, we danced a bit, he gave me a lightshow just for kicks, and i hung out talkign to some big-daddy hi-roller while he went up against a hustler at one of the pool tables there. old boy was so f*cked up he couldn't even rack or count his money, so i got to do all that stuff. along with watch the drinks, the leathers, and pre-requisite gucci sunglasses.

after that we went back to his apartment, i accidentally broke my rearview mirror trying to get past his security gate (it was a tight spot, and yes, i was totally sober), we traded some cds, got some duct tape to fix the mirror up, and then took off for his dad's house. by the time i got back home it was 6am. Checked my messages and it was from another one of my dancer friends, who called at exactly 12:15am to wish me Merry Christmas. I thought that was sweet, so i called back woke his ass up, and wished him right back. we wound up talkign til like 9am.

It was tough sleeping with the sun out, so i basically just took a nap til noon-ish. I'm kinda dragging right now, but hell it's christmas day, and it's not like I have to do anything, so it's all good.

so yeah, that's been my Christmas so far. Hope everyone else's is cool as well. Feliz Navidad!

BennettBoy
12-25-2002, 12:18 PM
That's some wild stuff Tina LOL. You do run in different circles....hehehe.

Tryska
12-25-2002, 12:40 PM
hee hee...yeah, i'm fabulous like that. *lol*

actually i'v come to realize i'm most comfortable being in the midst of a freakshow. normal people are not amusing. or perhaps i prefer beign the normal. either way, i know i hang out in some unusual circles, and some of them are just straight up whacked, but i figure as long as i keep my head, and not necessarily get caught up in what everyone else is doing, it's all good.

sides it allows me to make solid connections based on an unstated code. which means, basically the world is my oyster, cuz you never know who you'll meet. for instance last ngiht, i jsut found out if i ever wanna go to germany or amsterdam, i'm all set as far as places to stay, and people to hang with.

Reinier
12-25-2002, 02:02 PM
"12:15am to wish me Merry Christmas. I thought that was sweet, so i called back woke his ass up, and wished him right back. we wound up talkign til like 9am.
"

get a room or something. damnit

Tryska
12-25-2002, 02:07 PM
a room? why? he was in another state. :scratch:

ps - he and i have a stripper/therapist relationship. ;)

JohnCollins
12-25-2002, 02:43 PM

actually i'v come to realize i'm most comfortable being in the midst of a freakshow. normal people are not amusing. or perhaps i prefer beign the normal. either way, i know i hang out in some unusual circles, and some of them are just straight up whacked,

Hmmmmm. Sounds like you gotta hang out in some very whacked scenes to play the "normal". Interesting. ;)

Merry Christmas!

Reinier
12-25-2002, 02:45 PM
some dude talked to you on the phone for like 9 hours at night

Tryska
12-25-2002, 04:25 PM
no...that was the first time we talked on the phone we talked for like 6 hours.

last night..or should i say, this morning, we spoke from 6am to 9am. he had called me at midnight, but i was out.

and john...yeah....i'm a freak. i do need to have a whacked out crowd in order to play normal. i'm cool with it though. it's much better than spending most of my time feeling like some sort of alien from another planet. :(

Delphi
12-25-2002, 07:23 PM
i do need to have a whacked out crowd in order to play normal. :(

Which is why you're here, eh? ;)

Tryska
12-26-2002, 08:12 AM
i rest my case. *lol*

Tryska
12-28-2002, 08:52 AM
right...i think i'm fighting off an illness of some sort at the moment. i've been falling asleep by 9pm every night, and i've been cold, even tho my house is 75 degrees. I didn't even go out last night. of course i got interrupted in my sleep every couple hours by various friends and associates asking me if i was coming out or begging me too, but whatever...a girl needs her beauty sleep.

i'm feeling horribly detrained and quite flabby at the moment. i really need to get back on my usual routine.the unny thing i've noticed is that when i'm not training consistently i start to get wierd aches and pains.

i think what i'm gonna do is start doing cardio each morning during the week, before going off to work. that way i'll at least get it out of the way. I never had to worry about making time for it after work before, but back then i also didn't have a 30-45 minute commute home. *sigh*

anyways..i gotta go to work in a little while, and i've got lots of wheeling and dealign to do when i get there, and i believe i will be going out tonight. soo....that's that.

xraygirl
12-28-2002, 05:09 PM
I find that if I'm feeling like some kind of bug is coming on, that cardio is more counter-productive than lifting. You may be better off doing an abbreviated version of your lifting routine.

Tryska
12-30-2002, 09:24 AM
well i'm feeling lots better.

quick weekend rehash - Saturday night we went out, got into a little bit of trouble, as usual, and pretty much just chilled out. ran into that dancer friend that i wa sup talking to Christmas Morning, and we shot some pool and then went out to breakfast back on our side of town. I was also informed that i'm in the middle of some twisted dysfunctional non-verbal relationship, with the silent cowboy, that only we understand. My friend ahsn't figured out if it's a schizophrenic relationship or a manic-depressive one, but we do have a rollercoaster thing. Not bad for someone i never really speak to. even tho we have fights. *lol*

went to bed around 5am, woke up around 10, and this is where the real productive stuff happened. We went and got an oil change, and then 45 minutes of cardio, 15 on the elliptical, 15 on the treadie, 15 on the bike, enjoyed a quick MRP, and then i went home and organized my closets. My homegirl is the best person to ahve aorudn for this kind of thing, because she was able to help me get rid of a bunch of stuff, and we've made plans to make some alterations to some other things and make them very shinydiscoballs. sicne that's what lifes all about.

didn't make it to carido this morning, but i'm trainign tonight so it's all good. I've also gone back to totally limiting the amount of sugar in my life, and am startign to feel less flabby and bloated already. Optimistically i would like to start doing 2 a days, working aerobically int he morning and anarobically at night, and just start getting this ball rolling again. I'm sick and tired of my plateau.

i'ms till fighting off whatever it was i'm getting, but it's not draining me now. all i've got is a sore throat. which will work itself out in time, i'm guessing.

ectx
12-30-2002, 12:19 PM
well i'm feeling lots better.

quick weekend rehash - Saturday night we went out, got into a little bit of trouble, as usual, and pretty much just chilled out. ran into that dancer friend that i wa sup talking to Christmas Morning, and we shot some pool and then went out to breakfast back on our side of town. I was also informed that i'm in the middle of some twisted dysfunctional non-verbal relationship, with the silent cowboy, that only we understand. My friend ahsn't figured out if it's a schizophrenic relationship or a manic-depressive one, but we do have a rollercoaster thing. Not bad for someone i never really speak to. even tho we have fights. *lol*

good to see you're feeling better. LMAO @ teh relationship with this mute saddler.

we've made plans to make some alterations to some other things and make them very shinydiscoballs. sicne that's what lifes all about.

LMAO yet again. Discoballs, huh.

Tryska
12-30-2002, 12:25 PM
*lol* "shinydiscoballs" has becoem our catchphrase for anything fabulous. that song gets in your head and will nto elave you alone. hence it as my sig at the moment.

as for the mute saddler, yeah, i don't know what that's about. i don't even know why we get mad at each other. but i'll do something that pisses him off, then he'll do something that pisses me off, then one or the other willd ecide we don't wanna be mad anymore, and then we'll smile and hug, and be touchy feely agian. and make small-talk. we don't have conversations we have small-talk. it's really quite bizarre.

ectx
12-30-2002, 12:30 PM
*hands relationship some lithium, turns relationship into shinydiscoballs*

hey, it's a metalic salt...it's natural.

Tryska
12-30-2002, 12:34 PM
*lol* i think it might be way too shinydiscoballs as it is.

the lithium might help. i'll give it a shot. i need to travel to the planet we reside on tho. (which is why i'm thinking it's more schizophrenic then anything)

ectx
12-30-2002, 12:40 PM
LOL, I take it the silent saddler isn't the person you talked on the phone with for 7 hours.

Tryska
12-30-2002, 12:42 PM
no. that one can talk your ear off if you let him. he's good people tho. i can see us being friends for a long time.

the silent cowboy was my birthday present. remember?

ectx
12-30-2002, 01:09 PM
OHHHHHH YEAH. So you two have been hanging out since then. Go figure. I'd forgotten about that. Didn't know it went beyond that night. Kinda cool. "How'd you meet?" "He was my birthday present." LOL

Tryska
12-30-2002, 01:13 PM
well sorta. i mean, since we don't talk that much, it's not really hanging out huh? we just hang out in the same circles, carrying on the non-verbal relationship. *lol*

it's funny, i'm sure we could actually find stuff discuss (he's going to school for chiro) but, conversation is difficult between us for some wierd reason. so we just hug or fight instead.

ectx
12-30-2002, 01:20 PM
Me thinks it's sexual tension. Seriously.

Tryska
12-30-2002, 01:26 PM
i'm not really his type tho - he's got a thing for blondes. which is why i don't even understand why we go through or spats and makeups. i don't see what the point is.

of course me being as thoroughly unobservant as i am, didn't even realize we were on a vibe that no one else picks up on, except for my close friends.

ectx
12-30-2002, 01:31 PM
I still think there's something there.

Tryska
12-30-2002, 01:35 PM
well i suppose if there is it will make itself clear aty some point. or not. whatever. *lol* i've learned not to sweat this kind of thing.

and whatever it is that's there, is still highly dysfunctional, so i'm most likely better off keeping it right where it is, possibly with medication.

Delphi
12-30-2002, 08:06 PM
Do yourself a favor- just hump his brains out and get it over with, will ya? Just be sure not to say anything to him while you're doing it.

Jeesh, some people's kids.... :rolleyes:

BCC
12-30-2002, 08:08 PM
Lol.

Delphi
12-30-2002, 08:11 PM
Hey, I'm being totally cereal.

Tryska
12-31-2002, 07:48 AM
*lol* delphi, i'm not that kinda girl. and he's way too much drama.

actually what i would like to do is have a real live conversation with him. maybe that will break the vibe.

Tryska
01-01-2003, 01:46 AM
guess who's going to vegas???

me! that's who.

just got back form a little new years eve soiree. it was a good time, real mellow.

was supposed to train today, but got stuck in west bumblef*ck, and didn't get back home until about 7pm, just in time to pick up the booze and food for tonight's party.

aiming to train tomorrow. I really need to get this schedule under control.

and i really need to make plans for Disneyworld on X.

JohnCollins
01-01-2003, 07:01 AM
Oh boy! Tryska in Vegas, hmmmmmmm. Well, you'll feel incredibly normal there, that's for sure! :D

Tryska
01-01-2003, 11:36 AM
*lol*

I can't wait. My friends folks are buying him a plane ticket to wherever on his birthday, and we chose Vegas. It suits our inner Rockstars perfectly and is fabulaously shinydiscoballs. Can't wait.

we've even got a bottle of champagne saved for our first night there.

Reinier
01-01-2003, 11:42 AM
what is this thing with shiny disco balls?

Tryska
01-01-2003, 11:53 AM
it's a club song that gets stuck in your head. and of course, my friend and i have lots of other stuff associated with it, from going out, so now it's become an adjective.

the doc
01-01-2003, 12:40 PM
tryska are flying stephano-jesus over to give you lovin'?

LOL!

PowerManDL
01-01-2003, 12:42 PM
bwahahahahahahahahaha!

Tryska
01-01-2003, 12:54 PM
eh?

what's jesus got to do with anything?

besides that, why would i fly anyone in from anywhere, when i got beautiful (yet troubled) boys beggin for it in my town?

Tryska
01-02-2003, 05:29 AM
wow, yesterdya turned out to be quite hectic....

first things first...last night's pull:

RDL: 115x12; 125x10
Leg Curls: (Icarian) 60x12; (Strive) 50x7 (i think i'm gonna stick witht he strive...it suits my physiology better, the icarian made me hurt my knee painfully trying to get into it. yuk)

Assisted Chin: 90x10; 100x6
TB Deads: 145x10x2
Row: 65x12; 75x10
Curl: 15x10; concentrations - 12.5x8
Calf Raise: 100x15x2

so after that, hooked up with my chatty dancer friend, and introduced him to some people who may be able to help him get a new job. he's also gonna start working out with me, so he can get re-acquainted with the gym. that should be cool. I also did a caliper test yesterday...body comp was not favorable, so it willb e 2-a-days for awhile.

i'm off to do some running this morning, and then hopefully a push session tonight. I also have a sushi date penciled in for lunch hour today, so hopefully i can count on having a good clean lunch.

that's it...hope everyone has a good day.

the doc
01-02-2003, 07:46 AM
i hate leg curl machines, i have only used one i really like

ps... just jokin' about the jesus thing .... :p

Tryska
01-02-2003, 08:26 AM
*lol* i figured, you threw me off tho and i got confused.

anyways, yeah, i do to, but i've been throwing in a set or two of leg curls just to hit those hams a little more for the past 3 or 4 weeks now. (not noting it tho) and jsut decided to make it official. I typically use the strive machine, because it lets me use real plates, but i tried the icarian, and hurt my knee really bad pushing it in the opposite direction. guess i'll stick with the strive.

something very disconcerting about lying ass-up in public all caged into a machine tho.

the doc
01-02-2003, 09:15 AM
heh heh

:hump:

Tryska
01-03-2003, 05:35 AM
*lol*

anyways....dad made it thru surgery jsut fine yesterday....all his fingers and toes are in order, so that's a good thing. wonder if he'll go 'round the bend from the pain meds again this time. apparently last time was quite the adventure for my mom. something about a nurse trying to poison him and callign 911 from his hospital room. *lol* my dad is a trip.

anyhoo....DOMS kicked in with a vengeance yesterday, which is odd, because it had only been 24 hours. I almost couldn't lift my arms, and i had those wierd chills, and so i decided to postposne the push session, as it wouldn't have been at the intensity i need it to be at. I'm scheduling for Sunday now. I'llb e off to do cardio again in a little bit. I'm so glad it's friday. w00t! going out tonight again, as usual. can't wait.

ericg
01-03-2003, 10:35 AM
Glad pops is cool trys!!

Gotta LOVE doms - fun to get up in the morn and crawl out of bed all sore and tight from the workout a couple days ago - a little high intensity late night cardio will help ya out though, if u need some help just let me know.

Tryska
01-03-2003, 11:02 AM
*lol* eric. btw - love the shinydiscoball in your avatar.

yeah, it's much better today, jsut seems to be some residual calf soreness and traps. i don't know what i did day before yesterday but by last night my entire back was shot. could really feel it in my lats tho. maybe smith rows aren't such a bad thing.

ectx
01-03-2003, 12:18 PM
Shinydiscoballs. It's always gotta be about the shiny discoballs with you!

Glad to see your dad's doing well.

Now go do some cardio to flush out that lactic acid. :D hehe

Tryska
01-03-2003, 12:22 PM
*lol* did it this morning assface!

HIIT-style.

i think it's time i started keeping track of my diet again so here goes:

m1: Myoplex Lite Cappucino Ice flavor + 10 oz black coffee and a tbsp of half n half
m2: 2 eggs scrambled, 3 slices bacon, 2 slices ww toast (not my preferred carb source, but what the hell)
m3: 1 scoop tuna salad w/lettuce, tomato, and a pickle
m4: ???
m5: ??? (might be the pre-clubbing myoplex or it may be real food, one never knows)

ectx
01-03-2003, 12:36 PM
Aye!

High intensity intervals kick ass. Haven't done them in about a month...maybe I'll do 'em again.

:spam:
just because.

Tryska
01-03-2003, 12:40 PM
yeah it's been about that long since i've done 'em too. felt good. i was whupped by the time i rolled out of the gyn 20 minutes later, but i'm still kind of runnin hot now. love that metabolic increase feeling.

you know what this means?

I have trained :

sunday: 45 minutes cardio, followed by a stretchign session
wednesday: pull session
thursday: 30 minutes low intensiy cardio
friday: 15 minutes HIIT

i jsut may get the hang of this crap. i actually like my current gym in the wee hours of the morning. it's kidna cool.

ectx
01-03-2003, 12:48 PM
Jeez...You're turning into a cardio bunny!

Tryska
01-03-2003, 12:50 PM
i need to be a cardio bunny. i don't think i've hit the gym this frequently since before i started working there tho.

well actually i think i was prior to work getting all crazy so btwn august and october i did.

Tryska
01-04-2003, 11:17 AM
wow. i just got up after being out til 5am again. saw lots of people out, and somehow managed to get lots of free drinks.

actually it was the bartenders birthday and i think he was going through some issues.

I started off with Stoli Razz and Sprite, then the bartender did a lemondrop shot with us, and then.....he comes by with a tray with 3 drinks on it and says, "here, i'm not waiting on that section anymore." i said okay, you want us to watch these or something, and he takes off. then he proceeds o quit, and walk out the door, and between the 2 of us we've got 3 fresh nasty drinks. I think mine wound up being either a sambuca or a southern comfort and coke. i think. it was pretty strong.

another friend wanted me to come shoot some pool with him, and so we did that for the rest of the night, met a really nice guy who was sharking some people, and he was a real gentleman and took care of our every whim and desire for the rest of the night. I think i started drinking water at that point. well actually no, this guy who wants to be my sugar daddy kept making me drink a white russian. and kept smelling my neck. :rolleyes: i honestly don't understand how other people can play along with that whole game just for money. i'm so not good at being artificial.

anyways, we did that for the rest of the night.....the group we were with wanted us to go to the after-hours with them, which we had already agreed to do with someone else anyways, but when all was said and done, none of us who had the original plans were reallign feeling it. something about being up at 5:30 am, and getting in a HIIT session before work is really quite draining come 3 or 4'oclock int he morning.

so that's my night.

JohnCollins
01-04-2003, 01:03 PM
I think mine wound up being either a sambuca or a southern comfort and coke. i think. it was pretty strong.
so that's my night.

Hmmmmmmm. If you can't tell the difference between sambuca and southern comfort and coke, you obviously need some drinking lessons from a couple of professionals. I think I might be able to talk ElPietro into taking your case with me, pro-bono, just because you're a friend. Normally my charges are quite high--can't speak for ElP.

Whaddya think, ElP? Shall we make Tryska a charity case? You could probably also use the practice handling different glassware with your new prostheses.

xraygirl
01-05-2003, 05:09 AM
When are you going to Vegas? That's where my mom lives. She's been trying to move to Arizona for about 3 yrs now. But she's still in Vegas.

Reinier
01-05-2003, 08:18 AM
anyone who turns down a sugar daddy is a thief of his own wallet :D

Kayak_boy
01-05-2003, 07:16 PM
Jesus, I go away for a few weeks and it's Party Central around here!!! ;)

I'm doing a Tryska impression for Christmas.... staying out 'til all hours!! On everything but roller skates!!:D

Hope you're well anyway Missy, catch you soon.

ericg
01-06-2003, 07:40 AM
Sounds like a great night!!

Tryska
01-06-2003, 09:34 AM
john....that was my point exactly. i can tell the difference, but i couldn't with that particular drink. it was strange.

x - i'm not sure...sometime in february, it's gonna be for my friends birthday, and he's a pisces, soo...probably in those first couple weeks.

rienier - when someone gives you money they have automatic control over you - i'm not to be had like that.

kb - hee hee...i know, it's been a little bit hectic eh? how have you been? is till owe you an email. :(

eric - yeah it was cool. mellow, but cool.

okay...satruday night, went out again, by now all of us were quite tired and relatively mellow. it was a slow night, amusing, but slow. seemed no one else was out, because it's very odd for me to not meet people i know whilst doing the club thing. we were out til about 4am.

sunday woke up, ran some errands and did my push session:

Lunges: 45x10; 65x12
Squats: 155x10x2
Bench: 80x6x2
Pec deck: 67.5x8x2
OH Press/Lat Raise Super set: 60x7x2/20x10x2
Tri Press: 50x20
Rope pulldown dropset: 50/40/20x10/10/20

this morning i woke up early to do cardio, but i was so physically tired that i decided i will wait til tonight.

diet was eh, all weekend - didn't eat enough.

ooh, also i'm in the midst of drawing up plans for a kitty condo for my babies. my homegirl and i are gonna build it and upholster in purple shag rug (well maybe not shag, but somethign the can enjoy putting their claws into) and a shiny disco ball, of course. it will be a fun little project. then i can have shinydiscokitties.

the doc
01-06-2003, 09:47 AM
tryska you are quite the social butterfly ;)

the doc
01-06-2003, 09:47 AM
oh and the condo sounds absolutel shag-a-delic

Tryska
01-06-2003, 09:51 AM
isn't it? it's my cool kitty shag pad, baby yeah. *lol*

and yeah, my social life has picked up quite a bit. I blame the gym. It's fun tho, going out and being fabulous.

Delphi
01-08-2003, 07:27 PM
Speaking of cats, my wife got one of her kitties back. It disappeared in mid-December. One of our neighbors is catching neighborhood cats and dropping them off across town. A lady started feeding him, but her husband kept literally kicking him to get him to go away. There's a raw area on his nose, which her sister said was from a cigarette burn. Finally the lady gave the cat to here sister in Grand Prairie (30 miles away). When the first lady saw our ad in the paper she called us Sunday night. Laura drove to GP Monday and brought the cat home.

The cat's name is Moo, because my daughter thinks he's marked like a cow. I've seen cats that nurse other cats or dogs, but I've never seen a cat that nurses HIMSELF. eeeyewwwww

Franjipani
01-09-2003, 04:39 AM
ooh, also i'm in the midst of drawing up plans for a kitty condo for my babies..... then i can have shinydiscokitties.

Awww the little fluffs are gonna love it:D. My kitty has all the mod-cons too... totally spoilt lil muffin really:angel:

Nice push session Tryska.....

Cheers to the upbeat social life !!

McBain
01-09-2003, 05:04 AM
*heard this shinydiscoballs for the first time today*

*laughed*

*thought of tryska*

:hello:

Tryska
01-09-2003, 08:15 AM
*lol* haha...seems like shinydiscoblls is gonna be everywhere rather soon. truth be told i may be getting tired of it shortly.

ericg
01-09-2003, 08:38 AM
*lol* haha...seems like shinydiscoblls is gonna be everywhere rather soon. truth be told i may be getting tired of it shortly.

aww that means i will have to change my avatar :(

Tryska
01-09-2003, 08:42 AM
the song man..not the actual disco ball. disco balls r0x0rs!!!

ericg
01-09-2003, 09:03 AM
ah, dam i should have paid attention to the other posts...sorry!

*stops searching for a new av that would impress trys*

;)

Tryska
01-11-2003, 09:27 AM
*lol*

oh.....just another night in paradise.

okay, maybe that's an overstatement.

after a week from hell i deserved my playtime last night. 12 hour days have not given me the time to train, even in the mornings, because i've had to go in an hour early. we just finished migrating another site this week. it was a lot smoother then last time, but the users are much more high-maintenance. they got on my nerves.

went out as usual last night, got in at 4:30ish. we were supposed to go to the after-hours, but lost contact with whoever was gonna be paying for us to get in, so jsut went home instead. we were tired anyway. let's see...last nights highlights. I skated on someone else's dollar all ngiht last night, (not actively or on purpose, it just kinda happened that way), so i hooked up a couple of my associates with whatever their whim and desire was, because that's just how we roll. saw our pool-playing friend, and made a new one. One of my boys met us out, and when he left told me to watch out for some new strange shiny boy that wa shanging out. me and shiny boy talked, and yeah he was trouble, but not for me. Then my other friend stepped in with the old CB (for my protection, of course) and shiny boy disappeared. i basically just hung out with my people all night, and had one of those really good nights. Umm....drink total, two razz and sprites, one swig of champagne, a couple sips of other people's drinks, and the offer of some party drugs which i didn't participate in. At the end of the night i actually started talking to a boy i know vaguely fromt he gym, who used to go to the chiro school here. The rest of my people got irritaed tho, because we got embroiled in a high-level conversation about medical stuff, and it was a bit over their heads. turned out old by used to be nationally qualified so we had a nice long BB convo too. Too bad he's moved to Tampa, otherwise he would have been a valuable connection here.

oh well. that about sums up the evening. We're going out again tonight, i just have to figure out the outfit. which i will do after work.

oh btw - vegas is off, we're doing N'awlins for mardi gras instead.

l'aissez les bon temps rouler.....

Tryska
01-11-2003, 10:03 AM
oh one other not of interest...i am currently sporting a very sore speedknot on my forehead.

I wet over to a friends house yesterday afternoon. he has this badass loft in the city...all industrial with corrugate tin extreriors and cement floors and exposed plumbing and vents and stuff. anyways, it's 4 levels, and Jane Fonda's penthouse apartment is directly across the street from his patio.

Anyway, on the 3rd level, there is a steel girder with a whitewall facing that comes down at oh...right about forehead level. the thing is, on the opposite wall from that, basically right behind it, are those warehouse type windows, a whole wall of them, slightly below the eye level of the whitewall, so when you are not looking, you get this illusion that the wall disappears....anyways, i turned to get something yesterday, it was like..."BONNNNNGGG" echoing through te whole freakin loft. It was my skull making contact with the steel girder. I think i knocked myself witless. I pretty much collapsed on the floor laughing with him. And then he felt bad, til i did it again on the other side of my head, not as hard tho. :( Thankfully it's not bruised looking. just incredibly sore.

ectx
01-11-2003, 10:27 AM
Geez. You're a little party girl. You remind me of that song..."Neon". Looks like you got symmetrical bumps on your head...might be a Good Thing™

Tryska
01-11-2003, 11:01 AM
Neon? i don't know that song.

anyways..they aren't symmetrical...one is on the side of my head and not sore at all, the other one is on the the front, towards the side. if it were symmetrical i might feel fabulous sporting them, but in reality i just feel like a really big dork. I just thought i would note the speedknot in case i lapse into a coma or get a bloodclot on my brain or soemthing over the next couple days. (i hit it hard) hard enough that we tought a quick concussion check wa sin order.

JohnCollins
01-11-2003, 12:13 PM

oh btw - vegas is off, we're doing N'awlins for mardi gras instead.

l'aissez les bon temps rouler.....

Oh boy! Out of the frying pan and into the fire! You'll be so "normal" around there, you'll bore yourself!

I was in Nyawlins a few times in my younger, single days. Probably shouldn't go back. ;)

McBain
01-11-2003, 01:43 PM
tryska-action-figure-doll

:bang:

Tryska
01-13-2003, 07:40 AM
*lol*@mcbain.

john - yeah.....new orleans is more our speed really. we get that nice mix of freakishness plus culture. imo, buffet vs beignet, beignet wins hands down.

anyways..let's see....saturday night, went out again, everything was cool until one of our associates spilled a drink on my friend's shearling. (buff colored suede) well she flipped out on him (not jsut for that, but for other stuff) and she was wigging, and he was pouting, and i had to sort the situation out. It kind of blew up into a big thing, and i finally negotiated that eh take care of her dry-cleaning. I also saw my non-verbal bipolar relationship partner. Apparently we've gotten some lithium, and are on a nice even keel at the moment. it's only a matter of time before we start cycling up and down tho, methinks. whatever.

I've got a training date tonight with my talkativce friend, and also the bb guy i spoke with friday night. it should be loads of fun, altho i think my talkative friend is not gonna be prepared for a hardcore session.

that's the update for now. peace.

Tryska
01-14-2003, 07:34 AM
last night's pull session was fairly uneventful. My friend wussed out (which i kinda knew was gonna happen) and the bb'er wound up not being able to make it. But somebody introduced me to this new marine that joined up, and I kinda trained with him and this other one. They were doing SLDLs for the first time, and the form was iffy, so i helped them correct that and then we jsut went through the rest of our session together. Here's the details:

Pull:
RDL - 125x10x2
Assisted Chins - 100x6x2
TB Deads - 145x10x2
Leg Curls - 50x6x2
Row - 75x10; 80x10
Hammer Curls - 15x15
Concentration curls - 12.5x10
Seated Calf Raise - 100x15x2

that's that. lataz.

the doc
01-14-2003, 07:37 AM
hmmm so did you spot each other on the sldl?

Tryska
01-14-2003, 07:50 AM
*lol* nah......i just kinda made sure they ahd their heads up and rested a palm on thei back to make sure it was straight. I'd already done my RDLs before i ran into them.

Tryska
01-20-2003, 05:03 AM
wow, another weekend has just whizzed by, with no advanced warning.

mmm...friday night out until 4am...it's was a quiet night out for me. Met this girl who is a cocktail waitress at the Diamond Club, and she and i bonded in the bathroom line and she hung with me and my crowd all night, also met some of my usual associates out, and partied, played pool, socialized. Basically just unwound and called it a day.

worked saturday afternoon, and promised a coworker we would meet him out at backstreet at 3am, so we didn't acyually make it out til like 12am. ran into old girl from the diamond again, apparently saturday night was real slow up there, and also ran into my bb friend from last weekend. we shot some pool, and discussed the FDA. it was fun. i also learned sign language and got in trouble for being in the bathroom with a friend of minwe, learning it. :rolleyes:

anyway, we got to backstreet around 3:30am...and just danced and mingled til like 6:30ish, i guess? i met my friend i'm going to mardi gras with, downstairs with his little harem of women. we ung out and danced iwht them for a bit, but i really wasn't feeling the downstairs vibe, so i kinda said i was gonna go to the bathroom, which i did, and then skated upstairs to see if it was any cooler there. which it was. the music was better and there were alot more familiar faces up there. ran into a quite a few of our dancer friends up there and sweet-talked them into buying us some drinks. (easy when they are drunk with a pocket full of cash, to be honest). ALso ran into miscellaneous coworkers, random mwembers form the gym, and other seen and be seen types. And met some new friends of course. finally our coworker showed up and he was the perfect protection on the dancefloor.

now i love dancing, and backstreet is a cool ass place to be, and the people in general are cool, but somehow, the first time my friend and i were dancing i managed to pull 3 very drunk busboy types into my vicinity who tried to touch me. i grabbed her ans we walked off and one followed right behind me, so we became very social.

when our boy popped up we went back on the dancefloor. i think he may of been rolling (which is bizarre) but he was supastar!! and the perfect protection because he is fabulous, diesel, and very intimidating. and can dance his ass off, and was.

so we rolled out at about 6:30 and spread the wealth in cash we got from the strippers to some homeless guy and also some guy whose car got broken into and had no gas money to get back ome to savannah. then we raced the sun home.

needless to say i didn't do jacksh*t yesterday. but i'm counting the dancing as cardio.

drink totals:

friday night - 1 razz and sprite, half a sex on the beach, and one sex on the beach shot. oh and a sip os something hennessy like from someone else's glass.

saturday night - 1.5 razz and sprites.

that's it. back to the grind. *sigh*

the doc
01-20-2003, 06:35 AM
wow! :eek:

BennettBoy
01-20-2003, 06:41 AM
DO IT Tina. :p

Sounds like you had one wild weekend.

Tryska
01-20-2003, 07:04 AM
*lol* nah..that wasn't wild...just the usual. i will elt you know when i have a wild one bb. and let me tell ya...that will be scary and truly over the top.

whatsamatter doc? can't hang?

kAiXuan
01-21-2003, 04:06 PM
i heard NO is all dirty, is this true??

Tryska
01-22-2003, 07:25 AM
how do you mean dirty kai?

as far as a decent club scene - i think better than vegas, and there's always a party on bourbon street, and it's a funky little city.

kAiXuan
01-22-2003, 01:41 PM
dirty as in people throw their trash all over the place and the only reason to go is bourbon street. just what a friend told me, my parents seem to really like the place though.
nothing is better than vegas :D

Tryska
01-22-2003, 01:46 PM
vegas is too mainstream i think.

I haven't been to NO to say it's dirty, but most of my people love it. And there are a lot of cool clubs and stuff off of bourbon street, but still int he french quarter tho.

ElPietro
01-22-2003, 01:50 PM
Hello poo-head. I haven't visited your journal in a while and felt the need to post. :)

<insert constructive journal comment here>

Tryska
01-22-2003, 01:58 PM
hello assface...no need for the constructive comments. it's been a long time since i've actually trained with any sort of regimented schedule.

feel free to offer violence as motivation. (just remember who you are dealing with)

Paul Stagg
01-22-2003, 03:32 PM
Why? Everything OK? You haven't been posting much of late.

xraygirl
01-22-2003, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by kAiXuan
dirty as in people throw their trash all over the place and the only reason to go is bourbon street. just what a friend told me, my parents seem to really like the place though.
nothing is better than vegas :D
Yep. The place is filthy. That was the one thing I could not abide about the place.

Workhorse
01-22-2003, 03:45 PM
Hope everything is going well T... we miss you around here. :)

Delphi
01-22-2003, 03:45 PM
*psst xraygirl is clean... pass it on*

Tryska
01-23-2003, 07:36 AM
paul - i'm doing okay...just been real busy with real life stuff, and have been feeling kinda tired..okay, seriously exhausted, lately. I've been getting enough sleep, even with the hectic weekends, but it seems by afternoon time i'm throughly beat. My coworker and i are gonna go to mallwalk today at lunchtime, and i'm hoping that will stave off some of the afternoon blues for me. I'm nto sure what's up...not too many carbs or anything. i might need an up in my meds, or i might be overmedicated, i'm nto sure. I think if this goes on for another week, i'm going to make an appt witht he endo.

workhorse...aww..everything is going fine. it's good to be missed. :D thanks for posting!

ElPietro
01-23-2003, 07:37 AM
As Robboe would say, maybe you just need a good rodgering. :)

*volunteers*

Reinier
01-23-2003, 07:44 AM
lil bit of hows your father?

Tryska
01-23-2003, 07:47 AM
lp...*lol* i might be due.

rienier - he's doing well...on the mend. the surgery was successful in that it resolved the pain her was feeling, but now he's gotta get over the pain of spinal surgery. he's hanging in there tho.

Kayak_boy
01-29-2003, 07:35 PM
What's up Missy?? You don't seem to be too bad ass these times, I may to have to borrow a crowbar from some of the guys on here to get you back into gear!!;)

Glad to see the partying hasn't stopped though!!

Catch ya.

Tryska
01-30-2003, 07:53 AM
bah...the reason i've been feeling like ****e and can't get enough sleep to save my life for 2 weeks striaght is because i was apparently fighting off some flu-like thing. It finally hit last weekend. I've been recovering all week. Sorta feeling better, but i really do need like 20 hours of sleep in a row, i think before i can feel my best. *sigh* :(

how have you been mister? thank you so much for popping up in my journal. :D

ericg
01-30-2003, 08:01 AM
you poor thing. you need a nice massage in the candlelight and a good drink by your side.

Tryska
01-30-2003, 08:08 AM
mmm...that sounds soooooo tempting. i'm actually on a conference call right now with a guy who's been fighting it too. *lol* we're discussign our need for sleep and the various OTCs we've tried as well.

btw - make that drink some nice green tea with honey, and you've got me sold. ;)

ericg
01-30-2003, 08:19 AM
*gathers his massage oils, green tea, and honey - books a flight*

Tryska
01-30-2003, 08:34 AM

*gets excited*

ericg
01-30-2003, 12:33 PM
*forgets his raincoat halfway into the flight - oh well, will pick some up down there ;) *

Tryska
01-30-2003, 12:46 PM
:omg:

bold-ass.....

ericg
01-30-2003, 12:49 PM
Well i heard it was raining down there so i figured I would pick a jacket up for you as well :angel: :D

Tryska
01-30-2003, 01:00 PM
keep talking eric....you may actually be able to talk yourself out of trouble...*lol*

then again....maybe not. ;)