PDA

View Full Version : Ms. Decophile Revisited

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Tryska
11-21-2001, 04:20 PM
so i think chigs has put some sort of wycked spell on me from across the waters.

I was waiting for the bus, and considering my christmas wishlist (prada boots, marc jacobs perfume, x-box, the latest incubus cd, a renewal for my National Geographic subscription and last but not least this funky book called The Art of Shen Ku, in case any of y'all are interested :D), when the overwhelming urge to start a new journal struck me. I had been aganst this whole journal idea since i find it a bit redundant....but i am working under compulsion right now. actually i think i'm going to be a bit more creative and bit more regular with this one.....what's the hell, ya only live once right?

anyways....let's see where i am thus far. I've been to the endo, i've got my meds...it's been about 2 months now, and i'm feeling quite good. 'm in a happy place. I've also finally been able to lose this weight like a normal person...so that's good. I am doing low-carb type diet - about 2000 cals a day....and i really have to make sure i eat because, the levoxyl messes with my appetite.

right now i'm doing cardio anaerobically, and trying to weight train aerobically. It's a push/pull/legs split and i train 2 times a week. I find that for me, i need 2 weeks recovery with upperbody, but legs do fine being trained once a week. i'm a freak, i know. :rolleyes:

right. so there's the background. on to my updates...

The_Chicken_Daddy
11-21-2001, 04:23 PM
woo hoo!

hey, are you still on the medication for the thyroid?

Pup
11-21-2001, 04:28 PM
hot damn, *does a christening jig in tryska's journal*

Tryska
11-21-2001, 04:30 PM
so tis the day before thanksgiving. i spent all day thinking of getting home because i have some business i desperately need to attend to. We got out of work 2 hours early today, and i figure i could get home..well no. I wound up doing some runnin's that took me til dusk to finish. the upside...i hauled my various shopping all over tarnation so i'm considering that todays cardio.

eating has been....well relatively sh*tty. I got in meal 1, skipped meal 2 (which was my carb meal) and ate meal 3, which included carbs but wa slow in fat, so that's cool. i missed #4, and will be eating #5 shortly. could y'all please remind me to eat? i get busy and forget....

anyways..tomorrow's thanksgiving, and i am spending it as a day off. which means i get to get tons of stuff done. also, in lieu of the dysfunctional family funfest gorge, i am letting my apartment stalker take me out to dinner. which should be oodles of fun had by all. and perhaps i will eat fried turkey. will watch those carbs though.

oooh! personal triumph of the day....i was at my grocery...and i passed their baked good aisle..not once but twice. and i was torn because i really wanted something yummy and sugary to eat, but i managed not too. it was kind of funny though, because there i am checking labels and talkign to myself and the butcher guy actually commented on it...*lol* then he started talkign me about the pies....i overcame it because i would have had to haul it all home. i did good. :thumbup:

okay that is all.

Tryska
11-21-2001, 04:33 PM
chigs...yup. and it's been working wonders, let me tell ya....i feel pretty damn good.

The_Chicken_Daddy
11-21-2001, 05:21 PM
so what exactly have you been taking T, and how is it different from anything else you've took for it?

also, how is it affecting you? other than the "normal" fat loss of course.

Tryska
11-21-2001, 05:29 PM
levoxyl (T-4) 1mg.

it's different in that it's actual thyroid hormone. so i've got more of it floating around to be converted to T3.

as for how it's helping...mhmm..i have more enrgy, i'm way more alert and umm..extroverted now. I didn't realize just how withdrawn i had been when i wasn't feeling well. I do just fine on 8 hours sleep now, umm...i sweat when i do cardio, and my thermo actually works as it should. basically i'm back to being my old self....there's a couple of things that aren't all the way back to normal yet..but this kind of therapy takes time.

mr. barker....the idea of possibly eating frind turkey is what made me say yes. *lol*

Tryska
11-22-2001, 05:17 PM
wow...i am pretty damn whupped right now....it's been a long day. Let's see....

I cleaned house like a madwoman this morning....and wound up cleaning out all my drawers, cupboards and closets cuz well it just seemed like fun at the time. Anyways, i managed to pack four lawn bags worth of pure garbage so today's combined cardio/strangth training routine was hauling those four bags one at a time down 3 flights of stairs and over to the dumpster on the other side of the complex. It was actually a damn good workout. wonder if i should consider that a back workout? maybe just upper body. anyways.....that was my active rest day.

Diet was sh*tty again though. I had my morning coffee and a handful of nuts around 11am and then went out for the thanksgiving meal with the stalker. it was quite nice actually and i believe he is harmless. Anyways....I had..fried turkey, stuffing, green beans, sweet potatoes, and cranberry sauce, and chased it with a little bread pudding which was WAY too sweet and some iced tea. Way too many carbs, but whatever, it was thanksgiving. I didn't eat a whole lot though....hmm..maybe:

3oz turkey
1/2 c sweet potatoes
1/4 c stuffing
1/4 c green beans
and 1tbsp cranberry sauce?

as for the bread pudding i think that was maybe a cup of it on the plate and i picked at it....so a 1/4 cup total....don't know what today's food came to calorie wise...but whatever.

Then we went to see Harry Potter..which was awesome! i really enjoyed that movie, but damn it was long. pretty funny though.

anyways..that's it. hope everyone else that celebrates had a good one too. oh....later this evening i might have a navel orange. don't know. either that or an apple. I should prolly throw some whey in there.....

Tryska
11-23-2001, 04:56 PM
well ok..today was a cold wet boring day....

umm..let's see.....I went to the gym (in the rain), saw a coole crane, i think it was...or maybe a heron i don't know..some sort of bird with a large beak, in the creek that runs next to my complex (in the rain), got on the bus and saw the most redneck-iest thing ever. This well redneck is on the bus with his buddy, and he has walkie-talkie. So for some odd reason (prolly just to show out), he decided to walkie talkie his friend who apparently has one too...conversation went like this:

Redneck: uhh 10-4 good buddy what's yer 20?
Redneck Buddy: huh?
Redneck: I said, what's yer Twenny?
Redneck Buddy: What's that mean?
Redneck: where you at, man? what's yer locay-shun??
Redneck Buddy: Oh. Ahm pumpin' gayus.
Redneck: Yer Pumpin' Gas?? WHY?
Redneck Buddy: Cuz I needed some.
Redneck: Oh. Djeat yet?

and on and on it went.....anyways...so i went to the gym...did intervals on the elliptical, 20 minutes, 60/60 and called it a day. Tomorrow is leg day so that's gonna be fun.

ummm, what did i eat today?

Oh yeah....
1; Cottage cheese and flax, 1 cup coffee.
2: Oats
3: 3 Tuna Cutlets
missed 4....
5: Dinner Salad with mmm, yummy fresh raspberries.

and that'll do it. over and out.

Tryska
11-24-2001, 03:10 PM
well, bam...you ain't heard nothin' yet....;)

anyways...today kinda sucked...i had many many errands to run, and wound up not being able to fit in my leg session...my options are to do a home bw routine tomorrow, or hope that sometime during next week the gym will be empty enough to do my routine the way i like it. or i can just postpone til friday or satruday...don't know.

dropped 130 bucks on a month's worth of supps today. boy am i pleased. :rolleyes: also took care of those way overdue library books. and some other errands, and frankly i'm whupped. Anyways..eating was a tad bit better than usual but not by much..*lol*
let's see:

1: coffee and tuna cutlet
2: hotdog and orange juice
3: myoplex shake
4: skipped again
5: some fruit i think...and maybe leftovers.

you know..on a side note....i feel like i've lost focus for a bit, and i'm getting that kinda tied down feeling. I think i need to shake things up somehow, although i'm not sure what to do yet.....perhaps i'll think on it tonight and tomorrow, and decide.

that's it.

Tryska
11-26-2001, 04:54 PM
it was definitely 12, dl.....maybe even 12.5...

well...feels like tornado weather in georgia this evening. it's warm and muggy and that feeling is in the air...not to mention a thick blanket of clouds and lot's of lighting type things happening above them. kinda cool. i love storms.

Ring the Alarm...

w00t! i had a serious session this evening. Not bad for 2 hours of sleep, all things considered. I did legs today...strangely enough for a monday night the gym was pretty empty...well actually it's cuz i rolled in at 4:15 -ish. But, despite not sleeping, my lifts went up too, so i'm really surprised. AND i did cardio after. I'm hardcore. *lol*

Lets see: Leg day -
Hack Squats: 1 warmup set - 60, then a 12x80-10x90-10x100 rep scheme.
Weighted Walking Lunges: 3x12x40
Weighted Step-ups: 1x20x40
SLDLs: 3X10x60
Seated Calf Raises: 3X15x135 - I do these on a seated leg press machine, actually. ( i think i will up this next week)

and 15 minutes Intervals on the elliptical, no resistance 1on/1off.

(i am listening to an extended dub version of Night Nurse by Freddie McGregor - I'm JAMMIN' over here)

okay.....diet today:
1: cottage cheese and flax
2: oats
3: sausage and onions
4: 2 oz cheese
5: dinner salad with ham and turkey

tonights plan is to catch up on last night's missed sleep....well provided some new drama doesn't come my way, which judging from my voicemails it just might...*sigh* :rolleyes:

a-ight. that's it. easy.

Tryska
11-27-2001, 04:37 PM
la la la...so i was gonna edit out my poundages again, but i decided not to be a wuss. however, I am gonna be a wuss about my chest/tri poundages and they will not be mentioned, until i feel those lifts are worthy....la la la....

okay..anyhoo....today was a fine day, aside from my proxy crapping out on me at work, and me not being able to get to certain sites i like to cruise...but other than that..work was lovely. Oh! i forgot..something exciting happened at work today...one of my co-workers is diabetic and apparently passed out and was out cold at his desk for like 30 minutes before he slumped over and someone noticed.....they called the cops and the ambulance and everything....of course i had no idea this was going on until my across the aisle coworker told me...but ol' boy pulled through just fine and went home early.

umm...what did i do today? oh yeah....20 minutes endurance cardio on the elliptical to soften up my very VERY stiff legs, and then on to chest/tris...it was a decent workout (for me).

Chest/Tris-
Bench Press: 12-10-10
Incline Hammer: 10x3 (this was lighter then usual, i was kinda tired after the bench)
Tricep Extensions: 12x3 (why does single pulley seem so much more difficult then double pulley? even when you halve the weight or thereabouts?)
Machine Dips: 12x3 (by the time i got here, my tris were shot)

the bus ride home was interesting...i was sitting next to what can only be descibed as the happiest woman in the world. she was telling me about God's Plan. thankfully she didn't try to recruit me into her church, or save my soul...but to be honest, i agreed with her on most of what she said, although i couldn't get a word in edgewise. she really was quite chipper, though.

anyways..todays food:
2: oats
3: tuna cutlets
4: orange
5: dinner salad with tuna.

that about does it...i feel so much better now that i've had my shower..but i really am looking forward to curling up with one of my new magazines and getting to sleep early tonight. did i mention it is hot as hell in georgia still, and i had to turn the a/c on when i got home?? okay that's it. later.

Paul Stagg
11-28-2001, 07:54 AM
One suggestion - do your cardio after you lift.

I love the incline Hammer Strength, although I'm not sure if it carries over well to bench poundage.

Tryska
11-28-2001, 07:58 AM
i actuall prefer incline db, the hammer strength is kinda.....awkward for me, like i'm pressing with my wrists, you know what i mean?

and yeah...i typically do cardio after, but i just needed some heat in my legs so they would move me about yesterday.....it wasn't particularly intense cardio, but perhaps it did affect my training last night.....

Tryska
11-28-2001, 04:55 PM
well it is an absolutely gorgeous night out. Almost full moon, just a couple clouds in the sky to give it character, reflecting the light, about 68 degrees with a blamy breeze blowing. a fine night for walking...and walk i did..or rather, hobble.

anyways...i had a hell of a day at work....i haven't been busy since...well the beginning of the year i guess....actually no..about this time last year, because everybody is hiring to fulfill their budgets...not to mention network problems with that damn ohio proxy again...pissing me off...i kept getting booted out of chat...which is all good, cuz i really did get a mess of work done today....

umm..took today as an active rest day, as i had a bunch of errands to done....and i got those squared away, so that's that.

diet:
2: ermm...worked through it
3: grilled veggies and sausage and onions
4: protein smoothie
5: still kinda full, so perhaps some nuts. or maybe a navel orange. we'll see.

and that'll do it. lataz.

Tryska
11-29-2001, 05:27 PM
heh. guess what tryska forgot to do? yup. send gail that email. *sigh*

woo.....well let me tell y'all just how beautiful the moon was tonight! i think it's all the way full and the sky was all dark, but it was surrounded by clouds, and like this incandescent glow where the light was reflecting off the clouds...gorgeous..like one of those really dark paintings, except there was no ocean underneath, or a field with druids in it or soemthing. God i wish i lived by the sea still. i miss it.

i will say this much...one thing i like about walking everyhwere is that i am much more aware and observant of my surroundings then if i just left my house hopped in my car and went into whatever building i was driving too. it's more calming actually then driving in this Atlanta traffic too. these people are retarded.

anyways...i trained back/bis today......it was a pretty strong session....(for me) i actually trained with shawn, and he told me i was the strongest of the females he trains. :D okay, seriously, that ain't saying much cuz the rest of them "just want to tone". but anyways...here are my lifts:

Back/Bis-
Seated Row: 50x15, 60x12, 60x15 (?! don't ask, i dunno -prolly shoulda gone for 65)
Lat Pulldown: 50x12, 60x12x2 (will up this too)
Lying Pullover: 15x12,20x15, 20x12 (wanted a 25 but someone had them, and 30 i just wasn't ready for)
Standing Bicep Curls: 20x12; 30x12; 35x8 dropped to 30x8 (i did this at the universal - double pulley)

okay..so here's where the fun started....i decided to do 20 minutes on the elliptical..and i grabbed the first machine that was open..the girl next to me says, "I think that's broken"..and i say..."well it seems to be working...i wonder what that's about" and it was acting normal....and i set my interval program....and i get my little magazine and i start reading and ellipsing. Well the machine was possessed by satan and had a mind of it's own. It decided about 8 minutes in..that it wanted to raise it's ramp all the way as high as it could go.....i was busy reading...until i realized this was getitng damn difficult..so i move the mag and look at the display and this biatch is on 20....so i try to lower it back down to about 15 which is what it usually is...and stays like that for a couple seconds...and then raises itself back up....and i lowered...and it raised it....and i lowered..and it raised it....i was like wtf? so i said to myself..f*ck it....i'm gonna beat this biatch! so we struggled back and forth for the next 10 minutes....if i got the level below 10, then it would stick till the next interval and then raise back up to 20....so i made my own program. it like to have killed me though. I was laughing when i was done! *lol*

okay..eating. I have been very very bad the past 24 hours. That old "overcome the hunger" feeling has been coming back again....it started last night when i woke up hungry and half asleep, and fell into my old habit of ignore it and it will go away. i shoulda got up, but i didn't. and again this morning...ignore it and it will go away....and then again this afternoon..ignore it and it will go away. I gotta figure out a way to re-program that "only weak people eat" thinking I have. :(

so here's the damage:
2: skipped
3: turkey on whole wheat and chips (i'm considering this a cheat..i was too hungry to make a rational decision, and i didn't bring my lunch with me...piss poor planning on my part)
4: skipped
5: I just had some whey and a banana, and i'm gonna have a salad later on.

that's it. :rolleyes:

Tryska
11-30-2001, 05:02 PM
well tryska has officially run out of gas for the week. my god i feel like crap right now. Combine last night's insomnia with the sunday night/monday morning's helping a friend through a dark night of the soul....i definitely am low on reserves.

i was tired all day, and work was hell, and people keep bugging me, and i've stopped answering my phone. they can all communicate with me via email. i don't care anymore!

this journal thing is a great way to decompress, let me tell ya. anyways....went to the gym for my walk/jog treadmill interval night. i definitely didn't have the gas for it today, but i pushed through. course it mighta helped if i had eaten a little bit more. bah.

15 minutes walk/jog intervals 30/30. I was riding home and really felt like i was gonna pass out. maybe i'm just dehydrated. i'll prolly feel better after some food too. which reminds me....today's food:

1 - cottage cheese and flax
2 - skipped
3 - sausage and onions, roasted veggies
4 - skipped
5 - steak and salad.

again..bah. later.

Tryska
12-01-2001, 05:10 PM
well i took today as an active rest day.....had a lot of runnins to do....

got an adjustment this morning an then went to do the weekly shopping. we went to the farmers market....i love shopping there. oh and i officially love that place because they carry my fave cottage cheese in huge tubs that will last all week. hee hee.

umm..yeah s i skipped working out today, but i've got a playdate with my stalker for tomorrow as he has JOINED MY GYM. :rolleyes: thankfully, he ain't hardcore, and he works strange hours so i should be able to miss him most of the time. I'm tempted to put him through a leg session and scare the sh*t out of him so that he never ever asks me to go to the gym with him again. :evillaugh

but i need the cardio, and the busses don't run tomorrow, and i skipped today, so one does what one has to do.

anyhoo, todays food:
1:cottage cheese and flax
2:mcdonalds cheeseburger (i was on the road, it was available)
3:a handful of nuts and some grapes
4: skipped
5: quiche! (i was surprised to find this is an almost perfect keto food)

prolly not in keto today due to the cheeseburger.....(which i haven't eaten in a long time....it didn't taste that good, incidentally.)

that's that!

Tryska
12-02-2001, 12:25 PM
okay....so i just got back from working out....my stalker took me to the gym...and we did our workouts.....his was 10 minutes on the treadie..apparently he has this i'll burn 100 kcals and i'm done mentaility...and i did my 30 minutes of 2 minute intervals on the elliptical. (not the evil one). we were supposed to go out to lunch after that, but apparently he overextended himself and was suppsoed to help someone move....so since i had't scheduled with him for dinner instead he felt bad, and arranged with the restaurant guy to get me a plate of food to go. Totally unnecessary, but quite thoughtful, i must say. I'm gonna have to put my foot down and start paying for stuff so he doesn't get the wrong idea. anyways..so we go to the restuarant, and it truns out it's owned by one of my favorite shopkeepers from my old neighborhood. and he gave me a hassle for abandoning him..and i'm so pleased that he and his wife did so well that they could open a restaurant. they are a fascinating couple too..witty and charming and east indian from south africa. very cool people, and the restaurant is looking good too.

umm..so that's that....

workout - 30 mintute intervals 2 on/2 off

diet -
1: quiche
2: indian food (yum, it's vegetarian though)
3: maybe some fruit and whey
4: dinner salad.

low on protein today, but what the hell.

oh i took my stats this week....bf went down another 1.6%, and life is good. i gotta cook lunch for the next week later on this evening (steak and veggies!) and that'll do it. later.

Tryska
12-03-2001, 04:59 PM
thanks for the luck y'all.....

can i just say that when i am depleted, i am down right evil? not a happy camper at all. so i'm waiting for the bus..and one of those women comes up and sits down...you know..the kind that can't shut up, and enjoy the silence? well she tries to engage me in conversation, and i'm not buying it...a. because i can't think, b. because..well...i just didn't want to talk to her.....so we get on the bus, and there was another magpie more than happy to engage in inane conversation with her. and they were loud and high-pitched. I wanted to scream at the top of my lungs...you biatches talk too damn much! STFU. i fought it though, and swallowed my irrational rage at these two women. *sigh* i'm a saint. *lol*

anyways....i think i broke my groin this evening. i was doing lunges, and i got a little too happy, and came down at an angle on my left leg....it's kinda achy right now....like right up to around my knee. wonder if it's temporary, or if i'll have issues dfor the next two days..weeks, whatever. it's my funky knee too, the one that never recovered fully from the time i tricked it out rollerblading. sucks.

anyhoo....legs:
hack squats: 90X12; 100x10; 120x10
walking lunges: 12x3x40
step-ups: 15x2x40
SLDLs: 55x10x3 (last week i did them on a machine..this time with DBs do i dropped it down 5 lbs..which was wise....for some odd reason, maybe the eca, from the squats on my heart was racing)
calf raises: 155x15x3 (ouchies)

and 10 minutes of fast walking on the treadmill. just couldn't put my heart into cardio this evening.

food:
1. cottage cheese and flax
2. yogurt
3. steak and veggies
4. navel orange
5. milk and whey and i'm having a salad later on....

i was pretty damn hungry today, so i managed to get all my meals in for the first time in what? a week, since i've been tracking it? anyways...that's that y'all.

Tryska
12-04-2001, 10:50 AM
*lol* the stalker and i aren't quite that close.

and thanks paul....today i am sick. I have been slept for 14 hours straight...and i still want more sleep. I don't know what's wrong with me...but i feel much like a pile of caca.

perhaps if i have some energy later this afternoon i will go to the gym and sweat it out with some cardio......don't know if it will happen though. i hate being sick, and i hate missing work....especially now, because tomorrow there will be a pile of crap on my desk, and people bothering me all day. *sigh*

Tryska
12-04-2001, 04:20 PM
thanks jane.

i did 30 minutes of 2on/2off intervals ont he elliptical and i must say i do feel a little more normal now.

umm eating has been shite. i have had a cup of coffee and a handful of nuts all day. of course i'm not hungry. :rolleyes:

Tryska
12-05-2001, 04:35 PM
ai. pedestrian female given the choice of getting a ride home with an attractive stranger, turns down ride, because, ted bundy was also an attractive stranger. feels good about the decision until entering her complex, only to have the stalker, swoop down out of nowhere ready and willing to give her a lift the 50 steps it takes to get ot her apartment.

this is my vida loca. :rolleyes:

anyhoo...just got out the shower, and figured i would make my entry....umm....30 minute 2on/2off elliptical routine. decided chest day will be tomorrow.

food:
2. yogurt
3. steak and veggies
4. whey ( oh i had a little sliver of carrot cake before going to the gym..it was good)
5. salad.

umm..that covers it for today.....on to my next adventure. woohoo.

Tryska
12-06-2001, 05:27 PM
well...i've had one of my more amusing rides as a bus-pass totin' fool.

imagine if you will...tryska gets on the bus and there is this 350 lb redneck girl TRIPPING her ASS off. she was pure comedy. everyone else on the bus was like..oh my god...she must be on those drugs...and i was just laughin my ass off.

she was crackin jokes and stuff...and at one point she broke out in song....

JOY

and Pain! (pump it pump it up)

SUNSHINE and RAIN!! (keep it goin' keep it goin')

then some people were like...could you please just shut UP?! and we pass Sears in the mall, and she's like...HEY! I got caught stealing in there once!

Her singing: Been caught stealin'! once! when i was young!

The people: SHUT UP!!

so then we hit the transfer center and a bunch of people get off and things calm down a bit and she takes a seat...and starts tripping on the lights...."Hey busdriver? could you shut these lights off??"

busdriver: no ma'am. no one wants to sit in the dark.

so she goes back to trippin' off them, and giggling and trying to maintain her compusre....and i'm watching her....and all of a sudden she looks straight at me...."ALLO!!" before i could stop them, the words came tumbling out of my mouth....

"dude. your eyes are like 8-balls man."
acid-girl breaks out in laughter..and says..hy..you going to marietta? i said nah..i'm getting off soon..and she looks at me again and says..BAH! and starts singing some other song. she had a nice voice though.

I enjoyed this so much for two reasons: A. she was pure comedy. b. she chased the evil magpie off to the back of the bus and shut her up too, which i thanks the gods for.

anyhoo....did chest/tris today. shawn and i decided we'e gonna go really heavy, with negatives on the last rep, and see if i can't break this plateau.

so here it went:
Hammer Bench: 3x6-8 (gained 20lbs for 6 reps with a spot though)
Hammer Incline: 3x6-10 (last set was supposed to b a lightweight burnout, but i couldn't do more than 10)
Machine Dips: 3x10-12 (upped it 15lbs on the first 2 sets)
Tricep Extensions: 3x12

I'm officially sick, even though i've been in denial..with tht headcold i was prolly supposed toget 3 weeks ago. so i skipped cardio. i ain't hardcore today.

I'm supposed to be going to this black-tie party tomorrow, but i'm feeling like crap right now, and i don't know hopw i'll be feeling tomorrow..so i may just skip it. never went shopping for clothes for it tonight anyway. bah.

food:
2. yogurt
3. curry chicken and rice (too high GI, but whatever)
4. skipped
5. dinner salad with tuna.

that does it...lataz.

Tryska
12-08-2001, 12:37 PM
surreal scene on the corner of my street:

a black santa claus waving at traffic and talking to himself.

ok actually it's some promo guy for a cellphone company doing the christmas "come in and buy" thing....and i think he might have had one of those ear pieces on underneath the hat and beard. or he really coulda been talking to himself. i didn't ask.

okay anyways....was up early this morning...had to go get my chiro adjustment. and went to the gym.

30 minutes intervals 2 on/2off on the elliptical.

i'm feeling better today thanks to the megadoses of vit C i was told to take...i owe someone big-time for that advice;) .

anyways...food so far:
2. milk and whey
3. quiche
4. fruit i think. either that or some almonds.
5. dinner salad.

easy.

Tryska
12-10-2001, 06:40 AM
<~~~~~retarded, for reasons that will go unsaid.

anyways.....just to update, yesterday was a rest day...did stats...down another 1.5lbs, and exactly .7%bf hehe.

food was on point....tonight is legs. woohoo.

Tryska
12-10-2001, 04:35 PM
well it has been cold and rainy all day....prolly wasn't too wise of me to be walking about in the lements without a jacket or an umbrella, especially as i've still got my cold a little bit. who knows..maybe i'll catch something exciting like walking pneumonia. woohoo.

anyways, today was a relatively mellow day, so no stories...so let's get straight to the workout...

legs:
i decided to increase reps instead of weight for most exercises today...

hack squats: 100x12; 120x12x2 (is it a good thing when you finish your sets and your heart is beating in your uterus?)
walking lunges: 40x12x3
stepups: 40x10x2
SLDLs: 55x12x3
seated calf raises: 155x20x3 (my feet were killing by the end of each set - that special pain which makes me cuss. loudly)

diet:
2. yogurt
3. chicken and zucchini sauteed in olive oil
4. heh. a slcie of red velvet cake (i ate aroudn the frosting cuz it was way too sweet for me..and now i feel bloated..i ahd forgotten what this kind of carbs does to me)
5. dinner salad with turkey breast

ok..that's it...i think i'm gonna have some tea now...perhaps goldenseal tea. i've got the chills, and although it tastes like bitter dirt, it is an antibiotic.:rolleyes:

Tryska
12-11-2001, 05:04 PM
you know...sometime's i wonder if the men here in the south don't take chivalry to the extreme from time to time. today i had a water fountain held for me at the gym. it was strange and i didn't know how to deal with it..so i snuck a quick sip and said thank you. *lol* then i went to another water fountain and took the drink i really wanted. (just got done with cardio) wonder what emily post would say to do in that situation??

okay let's see...i did a shoulder session today. weights are pathetic so i'll not post them.

Shoulders:
hammer iso shoulder press: 15x1, 12x2
Superset -
freemotion shoulder press/side raises: 12x3
upright rows: 15x3 (upped weight by 10, then 5)

Cardio: 20 minutes intervals on the elliptical

Diet:
2. oats
3. chicken and zucchini
4. twix! (it was yummy too but i gotta stop with the afternoon sugar thing i thought the oats would solve the carb cravings, but no - i'm gonna start bringing an orange with me again)
5. dinner salad with eggs and turkey

sayonara.

Tryska
12-12-2001, 04:45 PM
well...will my lucky streak never cease...turns out The Evil Magpie is my neighbor. IN MY BUILDING. joy of joys...

so the gym was interesting...i ran into an old old OLD boss of mine...whio i always had a little teensy crush on. (not old like age-wise, just from my checkered past). turns out he belongs to my gym. oh and he has a very nice body.

just did cardio today....30 minutes elliptical, 2 on/2off.

diet:
ha ha ...i hadone of those very rare wierd binge days. not like i ate too much...just all the wrong crap....without going into the pathetic carby sugar-laden details...here goes:

2. garbage
3. navel orange
4. garbage + trail mix
5. Salad with egg and turkey.

that's all. lataz.

Tryska
12-13-2001, 05:20 PM
well today was rather uneventful.....found a new doctor at the gym..so i'm gonna set up an appoitnment to see him. he seemd pretty cool.

um..other than that, i feel quite worn down today...kinda tired and whatnot...did back and bis today..it was an okay workout. as i said i was tired, and i was really hungry so i found it difficult to focus...

umm...yeah back/biceps:

seated rows: 40x15, 50x12, 60x12
lat pulldowns: 50x12, 60x10, 60x10
preachers: 15x15, 20x12, 25x10
seated curls: 15x12x3

arms are kinda fried right now, because of residual soreness from my shoulder session the other day.

also did 15 minutes of intervals on the elliptical.

food:
2. sucky light'n'fit yogurt that made me feel bad. damn nutrasweet.
3. chicken and zucchini (i'm getting awfully bored of this)
4. navel orange (the highlight of my menu for the day)
5. dinner salad with turkey

i did good today as far as diet goes...no ill carb cravings. i feel like crap though. that aspartame did a number on me today. yuk.

that's that..hasta la vista, baby.

Tryska
12-14-2001, 04:33 PM
well you do that scooby. *grin* i'm curious to know too.

just a real quick update as i'm off in a little bit to TWC's christmas party....

hit the gym, did cardio, 30 min intervals 2 on/2 off on the elliptical...

diet:
2. real yogurt
3. some chicken stuff form the chinese restaurant, and wonton soup
4. skipped.
5. scotch. heh..sike actually i'm eating some almodns now, and i'll prolly graze tonight..depending on what the menu has in store.

that's that.

Tryska
12-15-2001, 09:06 PM
well...little tryska is TANKED right now. hee hee. got back from the black tie party i had this evening. it was fun. the wonderful people of andersen still all have sticks up their butts and are phenomenally boring, but the dj was good, the food was very good and the champagne was freely flowing.

TWCs was interesting...who knew there were so many dorks in the weather business? it was quiet and mellow, but those people know how to drink. damn.

umm..diet is shot all to hell since last nights scotch drinking....set me up for a mild case of dehydration and carb binging all day.

had sushi for dinner tonight and some hor douvers (how the hell do you spell that word) and lots of celery annd carrots and strawberries with the champagne.

hmm....no wonder i'm drunk. 4 glasses i think, but very low fat eating all day.....anyhoo....oh umm.....today was an active rest day.....had to run errands which means lots of hauling, and walking.

okay that's that..i'm going to drink some water now.....i'm not even going to bother doing stats tomorrow. i can't imagine the amount of water i'm holding right now...might as well have hooked me up to an IV glucose drip. hmm..i wonder to people in comas gain water weight from their IVs? delphi? any thoughts, doc?

oka.y.....i'm gone.

Tryska
12-16-2001, 08:21 AM
wow....last night's train of thought was faster then a speeding bullet, well until it wrecked. what the hell was that?

anyways..ummm...ouch. my head hurts and i'm incredibly sleepy right now. and oh sooooo dehydrated. i think i'm gonna go back to sleep actually.

i'll try this again later.

ps - chigs....no. i don't think so. they are one of the big 5 consulting firms here.

Tryska
12-17-2001, 04:28 PM
it wasn't my fault...i swear.

yates got me in trouble. (as per usual)

*pout*

anyways...it's raining cats and dogs and possibly small furry rodents down here today. i just wasn't up for a leg day....i think combined with all the cardio i do, my legs never get a chance to fully recover. so i did 30 minutes ont he elliptical, 2on/2off.

diet:
2. yogurt
3. ground beef, peas, and this brown and wild rice pilaf
4. tangarine
5. dinner salad with turkey.

that about does it for today.....peace out.

Tryska
12-18-2001, 05:15 PM
ya know...i was fixing my salad at the store next door to my gym, and i was thinking to myself....hmm...nothing bizarre has happenned lately. matter of fact..life has gotten pretty damn routine the past couple days. ah well it ebbs and flows. and i went on fixing my salad.

and then i walked down to the bustop to wait for the good old #10. and i was there for about 5 minutes.....and then this man comes out of nowhere. apparently he's a frwesh off the boat african from some country, judging fromt he accent and the fact that he's wearin a long flowing white robe. (okay so he could concevably have been an arch-angel..but he wasn't). and he comes around the corner of the little busbooth thing..and he says..."excuse me....but can i have 2 minutes of your time?" and i think to myself..oh great...i'm about to get preached to by some religious muslim guy....and he says..."well i drive by all the time about the same time your walking, and i always think to myself your beautiful! the first time i saw you i wanted to turn around the block, and come talk to you....i always wonder where is she going? where is she coming from...why does she always have that big bag with her??" and i said...okaaaaay.....and he says..."well today i got up the nerve and i drove back around, and i said to myself, i don't care if she busts me in the head..i have to talk to her." so i said..."ummm..thanks...that's a really great compliment, but...uhh....i'm taken"

now this line..is supposed to work. the guy is supposed to say..."oh well sorry to bother you then...or wow he's a really lucky guy..or..damn..that's a shame", and then leave me alone. This joker says......well you can always not tell him that your seeing me." i said..wrong answer buddy. i don't lie. (too well..*lol*) so then he's floundering cuz i've just basically shut him down.....and he's like.."well i don't know what to say now" i'm thinking...goodbye would be nice....and just in the nick of time...the trusty #10 comes rolling by...so i said hey nice to meet you..and ran onto the bus. it was one of my busdriver buddies and i said to him.. dude, you are right on time....and he says to me..."what's with the guy in the sheet? was he trying to carry you off in his truck??"

so that's my bizaare story for the day. who encourages people to cheat on their mates? why would you do that? (not the cheating, but suggesting cheating to someone you might wanna date) more importantly..what girl says.."why yes...i'll cheat on my boyfriend/husband/whatever, with you big guy. thanks for giving me the idea! :D"??? or maybe i'm just old-fashioned. who knows. :rolleyes:

anyways...that's todays chronicale. ummm.....did cardio today..it was supposed to be chest/tris, but shawn conveniently forgot to mention we were scheduled for tomorrow on not today. i got something for that ass, let me tell you. i'll be damned if he takes me for granted.

anyways..30 minutes elliptical, 2on/2off

diet:
2. yogurt
3. ground beef pees and rice
4. tangerine
5. dinner salad.

i'm off like a prom dress.

Tryska
12-19-2001, 05:06 PM
more often strange than interesting, unfortunately. *lol*

i'm a freak magnet...there must be a sign on my head that says..."hey crazy..talk to me..i'll find you amusing! :D"

anyways...today was a normal day....nothing overly unusual to report...well other then shawn, and my friend who sees him too got into a tiff and i got pulled into the middle and now i'm instigating. which is fun, cuz they make me laugh.....oh..i wnet to the doctor today...and now i've got even more hormones to add to my list of stuff i take. my goal is to have no hormones naturally regulate by me. so far i'm doing good.

did chest/tris today...i was more of a wuss then usual, because i'm tired.

hammer iso incline chest: 12x2
bench: 12x2
tricep extensions: 20x1; 15x1; 12x1
macine dips: 15x1; 12x1; 10x1

20 minutes elliptical intervals.

diet:
2. yogurt
3. ground beef, peas, and rice
4. navel orange
5. dinner salad with turkey.

and that's that!

Tryska
12-20-2001, 04:36 PM
just got back from some last minute shopping, and i just bought myself a christams present. I picked up Art of Shen Ku. this book is fookin amazing! it has everything in it..all kinds of useless yet incredibly useful information. i can't wait to start reading it. I'm gonna take it to the airport with me next week so i can read it while waiting for planes and whatnot......something tells me when i travelt he world this book is coming with me cuz it seems damn handy. :D

now wierd or fascinating people to report today.

ummm...it was an active rest day...(meaning i chose to walk from the bookstor about a 3/4 of a mile to the bus depot. it's friggin cold today i might add. i may have to buy myself a funky hat.

anyways...food:
2. yogurt
3. ground beef, peas and rice
4. skipped
5. dinner salad

out like a pledge at a keg party.

Tryska
12-21-2001, 05:06 PM
what a pretty winter night. the sky is clear and chock full o'stars this evning. Scorpio seems to have center stage, although that's just my perception, and i actually saw the pleiades. i've never seen the 7 sisters before. therefore this a night like no other. :D

had a pretty cool day today..busted my ass to get everything done before my little vacation.....i can't wait to see what horros await me on january 2nd. anyways...i took today as a cheat day and went out to lunch with some girls from work....interestingly enough one of the girls is from brooklyn and turns out we kinda ran in the same circles back home. she did radio at queens college while i was doing it at wbau, so we knew some of the same music industry people. it was wild. cool thing is, she is still part of the scene down here in atlanta, and she is gonna hook me up with a couple people down here so i can get my fcc license and do voiceovers and sound bytes like i want to. it's funny how you meet the right people time. it was a nice afternoon reminiscing about music too.

anyways....did back/bis today, and a little bit a cardio.

back/bis:
machine rows: 45x15; 60x10; 67.5x10
Assisted Pull-ups: 50x12x3
Preachers: 15x15; 20x10; 22.5x8
FreeMotion bicep: 15/10/5x3 (burnouts. don't like this machine at all. first time using it. it sucks.)

cardio: elliptical intervals 20 minutes.

diet:
kinda messy today as i had a cheat day.
2. yogurt
3. jamaican food (some rice and peas, and 4 different kinds a chicken and some plantains. the gels had me rolling cuz they were fighting over the plantains *lol*)
4. skipped
5. dinner salad with some turkey.

off like month old milk. :D

Tryska
12-22-2001, 05:54 PM
i am sleepy today.....

i was up kinda late last night doing research on stuff. hooked up with shawn for a chiro adjustment this morning, then had to go back into the office to take care of some stuff i had forgotten to do yesterday. then went to the gym for some cardio, ran some errands and came home.

cardio: 25 minutes elliptical intervals

diet:

2. skipped
3. 3 bbq ribs and some mac and cheese (don't ask)
4. orange
5. hmm don't know yet..toss-up btwn spicy crabmeat maki and a dinner salad. i think i can use the wasabi high though, so it will prolly be the sushi.

10pm tonight on comedy central: Mr Hanky's Christmas Special is one again. woohoo.

that is all.

Tryska
12-27-2001, 09:36 AM
sup gooey?

well i don't really have a whole lot to report...i haven't worked out since saturday....oh wait..no yes i did...i went jogging christmas night...kinda. well i started out jogging and then ran across some guys visiting their folks that were drinking out on the golf course and i hung out with them a bit, until an alligator decided to join the party and then we took off. that was fun.

umm..diet was not considered this weekend, although i did have very few of my forbidden carbs. lots of good food though. i'm worn out fromt he change in routine though...not sleeping in my own bed, traveling for hours on end, that kind of thing. although from now on, i will bump up to business class when flying airtran. it was painless and quite comfortable.

today i am ging to do my best to get back on my normal routine, including supps and food. going tot he gym later too. tomorrow i need tot ake care of some business, which i really should be taking care of today, but motivation is nada to zip.

that's it.

Tryska
12-27-2001, 05:52 PM
well just got back fromt he gym and ruinning errands.

it's still cold out....i went to my favorite health food store today and picked up a mess of essential oils so i can play around and make myself a signature scent. I also picked up some 5HTP, so i can give that a whirl this month. ran into this total wierdo while waiting for the bus back to my side of town. he comes otu of nowhere, sits down next to me and says..i'm not actually waiting for the bus...i just wanted to sit here cuz well.....then he pulls out a philly blunt and says..i liek to smoke these. i said yeah? he said yeah..i do..but i like to split them and then put other stuff in them. i said..oh you mean weed? he says yeah, do you smoke? i said no......so then he proceeds to split the blunt and roll some weed, and starts smoking it..right there at the bustop talking a mile a minute the whole time. it was quite bizarre. and then he stayed....until the bus came..and then took off. it was quite strange.

anyways hit the gym...did 30 minutes of cardio and then came home....

diet:
1. oats
2. mickey d's cheeseburger and fries. i was starvign it was there. it tasted really funny, and i had ordered a kids meal, and wound up tossing half the fries away. and the cheeseburger smelled gamey, but i ate it anyway cuz i was hungry. yuk.
3. some beef roast, and asparagus.
4. maybe an orange latetr if i get hungry again.

that's it. later.

Tryska
12-28-2001, 03:38 PM
would you like to supersize that, dr. monkeyboy??

*lol*

i'm over it...y'all can get over it too. sides it's not like it's gonna happen again for another 6 months at least anyway. i need time for my tastebuds to forget the gamey taste of it.

anyhoo, i don't know if it's the 5-htp or a hormonal swing back to normalcy, but i avoided a major carb binge today. i was busy this morning, surfing the web, and then i experimented with my essential oils and then i had to go run errands and i totally forgot to eat beforehand. finally i got some time to run into one of those 7-11 type places and pick up some food, because i was reeling with hunger by that point. (it was about 2:45pm). Normally seeing as i hadn't eaten all day, and i was starving beyond the point of madness i would have picked up some carby junk and eaten it. But the carby stuff was extremely unappetizing, and i made better choices instead. only time will tell if it's the 5-htp or not.

so let's see...i finally settled on an essential oil formula i like and it's written down and kept someplace safe so i can replicate it. (provided i remember where i put it). I got a bunch of busienss taken care of today, and managed to scam it all on on bus fare although it was 5 different busses. :D

and i went to the gym and did some cardio.

30minutes elliptical, 2 on 2 off intervals.

diet:

errrm...
1. skipped
2. skipped
3. milk, almonds, beef jerky
4. got a grapefruit craving as soon as i stepped on the elliptical so grapefruit it is.
5. lord only knows. perhaps a salad.

that's that then. peace.

Tryska
12-29-2001, 02:01 PM
pretty ace leg session today, although diet as always, could use some work.

legs-
hack squats: 100x12; 120x12; 140x10
walking lunges: 12x40x3
step-ups: 10x40x2
sldls: 60x12x3
calf raises: 155x20; 175x15x2 (i actually felt these pretty hard in my calves today. they are going to be 2 flaming balls of hurt tomorrow, i just know it)

diet-
1. skipped
2. quiche
3. milk and whey, and a navel orange
4. dunno..maybe some hazelnuts...maybe some tuna
5. dinner salad w/turkey

over and out.

Tryska
12-30-2001, 12:28 PM
okay...did stats today....was unsure of my weight.....because i can't figure how much is water how much is fat put on over the week.....at best, i weight the same as i did two weeks ago, at worst the same as i did the beginning of this month. of course once all the water is totally gone it might be lower then either...so i won't know for sure until next sunday i guess.

either way at either weight, i've lost 1.22 lbs of fat, and am down another 1% BF. so it's either a l.5 lbs glycogen and water, or 2.5% *lol*

either way bf went down. tape measure confirms that.

i started back on the pill today too....let's see if it helps, hinders or has no effect on my metabolism. i'm a bit concerned and curious. if it's a negative effect, i'm back off it though.

did some reflecting this morning on just how far i've come in the past year......really the time i was with my ex was the most trying and negative time in my life i think. physically, emotionally and spiritually. especially physically. i even half wonder, if i would have been in such bad health if i wasn't in that relationship. in any ase, it's over now, and my health is back, my mindset is leaps and bounds beyond what it was...and life is good.

just thought i'd share. :D

Tryska
12-31-2001, 03:33 PM
just got back from doing some cardio. it was a unique experience, because my TV jack didn't work, so i plugged into the radio jack and all the stations sucked and so i surfed other people's cds and got sucked into listening to this celtic music cd someone was playing. it was actually really good workout music. i enjoyed it immensely. :D

anyhoo.....did my usuall elliptical intervals 2on, 2off for 30 minutes.

diet:
2. bacon and eggs
3. milk and whey
4. dinner salad with turkey.

k.....that is it for this year i guess huh? cool.

Tryska
01-02-2002, 04:39 PM
well...all in all today was a banner day. it wasn't so rough going back to work. the snow was kinda exciting..and thankfully, it hasn't stuck on the roads, which is really good all things considered. now let's hope it doesn't dip below freezing tonight, or we will be in a world of sh*t in the morning.

went to the gym and did the usual cardio today....

elliptical 30 minutes, 2on/2off.

i'm tossing around not focusing on bench for awhile, and going with dips and flyes instead, to increase other aspects of chest strength and then returning back to my bench at a later date. I'm kinda disappointed that my chest is lagging so far behind my back. there's like a 20-30lb difference. that is unacceptable.

anyways...diet:
2. cheese stick, beef jerky
3. tuna salad, some fresh tomato, cucumber, and beets and black olives.
4. milk and whey
5. dinner salad with trukey.

damn good diet day i must say, especially considering i wasn't prepared for M2 and M3, and had to forage the building for them.

that's that. out like a trout.

Tryska
01-03-2002, 04:51 PM
i dunno pornmeister....i pick ocean over snow. preferable ocean warmed to body temperature. *lol*

okay....i think i maybe coming donw with a stomach bug. not sure though. I woke up at 3:30 this morning so hungry it HURT. i tried to go back to sleep but that wasn't happening, so i ate a handful of hazelnuts and that bought me 2 more hours of sleep. i was on the verge of nausea all day, but surprisingly a few carbs manage to settled it. my stomach bug must be a carbohydrate addict..*lol*

anyways...still went to the gym, altho i'm not exactly feeling my best. it was gonna be chest/tris today, but i wussed out, cuz it just wasn't in me, and did some cardio instead.

20 minutes intervals on the elliptical.

diet:
1: handful of hazelnuts
2. cottage cheese and flax
3. yogurt
4. turkey on whole wheat, some crackers.
5. cream and whey. (i ran otu of milk, and i figure the higher fat content will leave me full a little longer so i don't wake up starving again at 3:30 in the am)
6. dinner salad with turkey

yup so that's that....now i'm gonna figure out how to remote into work so i can stay home tomorrow and still get stuff accomplished.

Tryska
01-07-2002, 04:53 PM
sweet mother of GOD. my tropical bones can't take much more of this cold weather. it's making me feel quite like a big pile a poo. well okay that, and my need for a higher med dose. i've come to accept that. my energy isn't where it usually is, my moods are all screwed up, and i lack the fire i need to get in the gym and put into i what i really need.

i've also taken to eating slightly higher carbs to fuel what thyroid hormone i got available. *sigh* wah wah wah....i'll stop whining now. it's funny how messed up i feel now that i know what feeling good feels like.

anyways...drug my sorry ass to the gym anyways this evening and did 30 mins of cardio. it was slightly longer itnervals on the elliptical this time.

diet was so so:

2. yogurt
3. ham on multigrain, fresh veggies, a couple doritos. they smell funny.
4. skipped
5. maki rolls and a navel orange(you know it's sad when i start relying on a wasabi high to feel good)

that does it. i really need to warm up. :cry: :(

Tryska
01-08-2002, 04:41 PM
turns out old boy from boston public was also Moesha's boyfriend for a season or something. who knew he was famous? actually he's done better than my high school valedictorian, who although he had a starring role in a sucky made-for-tv movie, never did more than play a leaper in the first episode of Third Watch. he was on for all of 5 minutes. *lol* i hated that kid.

anyways....i need to decompress. i've had a stress-filled day today. i got a lot of work done though, so that was cool. but my busride home is usually my time of peace, solace, and reflection. not today. the Evil Magpie was on the Bus. and she flew up from wherever she was sitting to come sit next to me and talk and talk and talk. she's one of thos insensitive people, that a. doesn't notice that you don't want to listen to her talk, and b. doesn't give you a chance to hold a conversation with her. i couldn't get a word in edgewise. and the heifer doesn't know jacksh*t about anything, yet she thinks herself some sort of expert, so you have no choice but to either shut up, smile or laugh every few minutes and say "uh-huh" whikle she blathers on about some inanity or another, or go ballistic. if she catches me on the wrong day, i';m gonna go ballistic. luckily, it's warmed up some, i had jsut finished chest/tris, and i'm feeling a little bit better today.

anyways..on tot he workout:

chest/tris - day 1 of my No-Bench Initiative:
assisted dips: 30x15; 40x12x2
db flyes: 15x15; 20x10x2
OH Tri Presses: 10x15; 12.5x12x2
Tri extensions: 25x12; 30x12 (fried)

wussy lifts if i do say so myself, but a lot of it is getting my bearings. I think with the dips i can do 50, and the flys, i'd like to get to 25 next week. The trie presses felt kinda awkward today.

anyways...i skipped cardio. I'm trying to conserve as much energy as i can til i feel back to normal, and yet, not totally lose out on gym-time.

diet:
2. 2oz-ish cheese (La Vache Qui Rit! - wonder if anyone knows what kinda cheese that is *lol*)
3. Turkey and cheese on whole wheat; some peanuts.
4. banana
5. dinner salad. i guess it will be with tuna, as i don't think i've got anymore turkey left.

that's that. over and out.

Tryska
01-10-2002, 04:58 PM
hmmm...i'm feeling okay today. not wonderful...but decidely okay, which is far beyond how i've been feeling the past couple days.

anyway...had an odd, experimental back/bi session today. it was a nice change. on an interesting note, there's this guy i've been surreptitiously checking out for awhile now. I always see him in the squat rack, and to be honest..one of the few people that actually use the squat rack at my gym. he's older, and he strikes me as the old-school "i'm a lifter, man" type. a true iron brother, hardcore in his own way.

anyways..he was doing squat today, and i was doing curls in the mirra close by. anyways, this chicken-legged, pencil-necked curl jockey come up to ol' boy in the rack and says hey..can i work in? i wanna do some curls. so the guy says to him...can you curl 135?? and i didn't here what the guy said. so then old boy says..do you squat? do you do legs? and chickenboy says, oh yeah..i've done legs before. I did them like.....last year! I can do legs. and old boy says...you realize how important legs are right? and then i missed the rest of the conversation...but i was chuckling about to myself, and called shawn's attention to it...then shawn tells me, this guy used to way like 350 lbs (fat). We both concurred he's pretty hardcore though. Found a new respect for him after hearing that.

anyways....back bis:

lat pulldown: 50x12, 60x12, 70x10

one-armed db row: 20x10x3 (this was a new one for me..never done it before. it was interesting, but i needed to focus on getting form right. it definitely hit my back differently, almost lower down then regular seated rows do.)

machine curls: 35x8x3 (double pulley)

some strange db curl: 7.5x10, 10x10x2 (never done this before either, starts out like a hammer curl, but you kinda bring your arm out horizontal to your body, like a chicken wing, almost, or some sort of stylized Andrews Sisters march. hit my forearm and i felt it through my whole bicep too. any body have a name for this??)

now why the wierdass routine? because it's f*ckin january, and everybody and there mama is taking up my equipment thinking they are gonna get buff by Spring. i hate them. i hate them all.

skipped cardio...still trying to conserve my energy, til i get the med increase so that i don't out and out crash like i did last friday, and sleep for 24 hours.

diet:
2. cheese!
3. turkey and cheese on whole wheat, orange/grapefruit juice
4. banana and some corn chips.
5. milk and whey
6. dinner salad with ham.

i've been a lot hungrier these past few days..don't know if it's because i'm incorporating more carbs in..or because of the hormones. we'll see. I'm bloated and tender though, and i feel quite puffy. I think i'm just gonna roll with it til the endo appointment, and then do a low-carb induction for a week, and then swing back into my usual eating pattern.

that's that.

Tryska
01-11-2002, 04:15 PM
i'm feeling good. almost, dare i say, normal. and this is good. still kinda puffy though, but that will go on it's own time i guess.

anyways...just got back fromt he gym, before dusk. i guess the days are already starting to get longer. well i guess that makes sense as we've already past the winter solstice. the weather is back to normal too, and i've been able to turn the heat off and appreciate my time outside again.

did some cardio today...30 minutes on the elliptical back to my intervals, 2 on/2off. the gym wasn't as crazy, because i got out of work early (thanks to our entire WAN going down and me not able to work :D), plus it's friday and the new years posers don't work out on fridays. i love that.

diet:
1. cottage cheese
2. cheese!
3. egg salad on whole wheat, grapefruit-orange juice
4. corn chips
5. salad with ham. (i think) it might just end up being milk and whey. dunno yet, still full from the corn chips.

palabra, yo.

Tryska
01-12-2002, 12:40 PM
k. quick update...as i've done my workout for the day already.

30 minutes elliptical, intervals 2 on/2off got a really good sweat today. that's a good thing.

diet = crap.

1. oats
2. cherries
3. making some pasta in a bit. i want a spaghetti dinner dammit.

that is all.

Tryska
01-13-2002, 05:04 PM
so i did stats today.....not bd actually, considering being totally off diet for the holidays, eaing higher carbs, and the hormonal stuff going on.

umm.....although i'm up about 4lbs technically, according to the calipers, i've gained little under a lb of fat. not really sure i trust that measurement though, since the figure is based on weight, and obviously while the caliper measurements didn't budge appreciably, the scale number has...so it could be a false figure. dunno. we'll see how it all pans out.

measurements didn't increase considerably over the past week, either. for the most part, anyways.

other than that i' maintaining. which is good, all things considered. :)

Tryska
01-14-2002, 04:35 PM
i am tired today. i wasn't able to sleep last night, and i got boatloads of work done, and frankly something was just missing from my day today. *pout*

anyhoo i still drug my sorry butt to the gym. it was supposed to be leg day, but my knee is acting funny, and my energy is low, so i just did cardio instead. I think i'll reschedule legs for next saturday.

30 minutes elliptical intervals 2 on 2off, pretty high energy cuz i was listenign to some good trance.

diet:
1. cottage cheese and flax. and i'm a fookin idiot cuz i forgot to pick up more cottage cheese at the store tonight. what the hell am i gonna eat tomorrow morning? dammit.
2. peanut butter and crackers
3. steak and mashed sweet potato
4. cheese!
5. dinner salad w/ham.

that does it. later y'all.

Tryska
01-15-2002, 09:45 AM
OH MY GOD!

i have no place else to note this momentuous occassion so i am going to do it here.

The Mullethead at my office has cut it off. He's like a normal guy now. well i guess as normal as he can be.

he said he went to the Hair Cutterry and told the lady he wanted a hair cut just like "so-an-so" from Star Trek. and apparently it was given to him.

the really scary thing is now that he doesn't have hair, facially he looks just like evil Smelly that is his boss. she looks like his sister. and they both look vaguely pig-ish.

okay..that is all.

Tryska
01-15-2002, 05:17 PM
man..forget omnipotence..i need to get me some energy. can't wait til the end of this month.

anyways...i did shoulders today:

hammer shoulder press:20x12; 25x10; 30x10
superset:
anterior shoulder press
lat raise - 10x12x3
shrugs: 20x12; 27.5x12x2

cardio: 20 minutes intervals, elliptical

what did i eat today?

oh yeah...
m1: oats with apricots and hazelnuts
m2: chees and whole wheat crackers
m3: steak and mashed sweet potato
m5: skipped
m6: dinner salad with ham

right. i'm off.

oh..pleiades was out again tonight. now i'm off.

Tryska
01-16-2002, 04:19 PM
ya heathie? like at the grocery store?

anyways...everyone..just say no to Crack. saw an old lady get off the bus today with half her ass hanging OUTSIDE of her pants. it was not attractive.

well i'm glad to be home before dusk again......just got back from the gym...just did some rather intense cardio today.

35 minutes...4 on/4off. it was fun.

diet:
m1: cottage cheese and flax :D
m2: cheese!
m4: skipped
m5: sushi rolls

that'll do it. hasta la bye bye.

Tryska
01-17-2002, 05:05 PM
i'm glad all is right with your world now hotshot. *lol*

damn i'm tired. i hate this shite. it felt so good to have energy and be in a good frame of mind and all that other happy crap. somewhere between coffee and taking a shower this morning i developed the need to all out brawl. got to work and my boss was f*ckin with me and my method and she's driving me mad. anyways, i took off to go to the courthouse at lunchtime....which is good cuz i was ready to breakstuff. it was nice to get outdoors tho....it was a beautiful day today. i even are lunch out on the green in the square. that was nice..haven't done that since the ex and i decided to have a picnic out there one summer evening a couple years back it was cool, although i ate garbage. *lol* came back to work in a better frame of mind tho, so it's all good i guess. and i found out i ain't gotta be to work on monday cuz it's martin Luther King day so that made my day even better. I think i'm gonna see if i can arragne for a full-body massage that day. there's an ace massage therpist right around the corner from my house. hopefully they have a free appointment.

anyways..went a bit unorthodox again today, and chest/bis:

assisted dips: 40x12; 50x10x2
incline db flyes: 25x12; 30x10x2
seated bicep curls: 25x10x3
preacher curls: 20x12x2/dropset10x10

did 15 minutes cardio after, elliptical intervals 3on/3off

gorgeous salmon pink sunset while i was waiting for the bus home tonight. watched the whole thing. enjoyed it even tho my heads all messed up and cloudy right now. :(

food:
m1: cottage chees and flax
m2: bacon and eggs (was hungry)
m3: hotdog, pickle and a devilled egg
m5: dinner salad with ham

lataz.

Tryska
01-18-2002, 04:42 PM
well i've just had an ace day.

started discussions on a new project....that coworker with music industry contracts is promoting a club night, and came up to me today, and said "hey you're like a cool creative cutting edge type...i need your help". she wanted me to come up with a slogan to put on business cards and flyers and promo stuff. so i gave ehr one. :D and she loved it...so now she's got her marketing stuff out the way..and she wants to use my voice for the radio spots. so this will be my first ever voiceover gig. and the club night i gonna be all house. and it's round the way from my house. i'm kinda excited. especially when she told me that one chick she knows that does voiceovers gets shipped all over, all expenses paid and get's 2000 bucks a day. i can do that. i'm gonna do this one for free though.

next ace thing that happened today...i cleaned house at American Eagle Outfitters.

2 wool sweater
1 pair od warmup pants
1 pait of nice swetpant type pants
1 rugby shirt.

total cost: 57 bucks. and everythign is ACE. I am truly hardcore. *lol*

oh today was a rest day. and a cheat day..i ate whatever the hell i wanted too. heh.

cool that's it.

Tryska
01-20-2002, 10:11 AM
<~~~~~~ is hungover.

wow. this weekend has been a total wash. It rained way to hard for me to be outside walking yesterday, so i skipped the gym and leg day, and groceries. No bus service today, although i suppose i could take a cab, but don't feel like spending the money. *sigh*

went to a party with shawn last night...it was all his school friends, and trainers from my gym. apparently chiropractic college is where allt he hotties go. I haven't seen that many attractive people in one spot, since i left new york. it was quite a lot of fun. but now my head is pounding.

diet is hosed, because of last night's alchol intake. i feel guilty about not doing legs. i think perhaps i will do them early tomorrow, before going to my massage appointment in the afternoon.

:(

Tryska
01-21-2002, 07:45 AM
woo...just got done with a leg workout and i am proud to say, i was quite nauseous after all was said and done:

hack squats: 120x12x2; 140x12
walking lunges:45x12x3
stepups: 45x10x2
sldls: 60x12x3
calf raises: 175x15x3

diet so far:
m1: cottage cheese and flax
m2: protein shake w/yogurt
m3: hazelnuts
m4: egg foo yung

Tryska
01-22-2002, 04:59 AM
damn that massage was good. i'm sore as hell all through my back and legs today......and my quads from leg day. I fell asleep last night at 6:30pm, and didn't wake up til this morning.

nice. small problem though, because massage combined with leg day leaves most of my body sore, i did chest on thursday....that's kinda sore too....not sure what i'm gonna work tonight. i'm half thinking of doing like an abs and tricep session or something odd like that. maybe side and front delts. traps are outta the question.

i feel damn good today though.

Tryska
01-22-2002, 10:20 AM
oh yeah! i forgot to mention.....i'm all excited cuz I got two little red marks on my shoulders from squatting.

i am really truly hardcore now. :cool::D

Tryska
01-22-2002, 04:45 PM
right on el pietro! :thumbup:

k....i just got caught in a torrential downpour, and of course i can't run cuz yesterday was legs, so i hobbled as quickly as i could. i am now very cold and very wet. and i might lose power because my house is rumbling at the moment from the thunder overhead.

anyways...just got through a delt/tri session:

pressdowns: 40x15; 50x15; 60x15 (it's amazing how much stronger my tris are if i don't combine with chest)
OH extensions: 25x12; 30x12; 35x12
Superset-
Hammer shoulder press:20x12; 30x10; 35x8
Side Lat raises: 10x15x3

diet:
m2: skipped
m5: dinner salad w/ham

k..that's it. lataz.

Tryska
01-24-2002, 05:08 AM
so i kinda wound up screwing up last night....most of the day went well, ate decently, although not enough.

went to the club, which is a nice spot actually, one the seond floor on a corner, with a veiw of city streets and lights. real small and kinda intimate, with great art on the walls, and just a general cool atmosphere. the sound check was neat..it was like being in the studio and trying to lay tracks down, and the girl i'm working with, knows her stuff. I can learn a lot doing this. i've never really seen my voice as anything other than that sounds that comes out of my throat somewhere..and she's teaching me to use it like an instrument. it's cool. however....we went late last night...and i skipped meal 4&5 and wound up eating pizza....like a half hour before bed.

that sucks. this weekend i need to get myself totally acked and planned out for the week, come what may, beforehand, so that this doesn't happen again.

anyways..yesterdays diet:

M1: cottage cheese and flax
m3: egg salad on whole wheat, banana
m5: skipped
m6: 2 slices pepperoni pizza

okay...that's that...todays plan is to minimize the damage somewhat and get back on track. DL is coming to the gym with me tonight..so i get to see the deadlifter in action. *lol* peace.

Tryska
01-24-2002, 05:47 PM
woo! i'm stuffed. me and dl went to the gym and then out to eat after. it was pretty cool.

he did his deads and i did my back session with shawn....he's like the 4th person i've ever seen use the rack at my gym, and he got a couple asking him if he competes and stuff. he also made a PR ther, which i'm sure he'll tell y'all about. I'm jealous cuz Mr. Hardcore Iron Brother from earlier in my journal struck up a conversation and they talked for a good bit.

anyways...my back/bi session:
machine rows: 50x15; 70x12x2
lying pullovers: 22.5x12x3
preachers: 15x15; 25x10x2
standing db curls: 7.5x12x2 (bah...my bic were fried from the preachers and shawn was rushing me. not pleased about my pathetic sissy curl - i might as well ahve used the pretty pink weights instead :()

we decided to hit the steakhouse right across from the gym after for a victory meal. *lol kinda reminded me of the victory meals my friends and i take after spending the day up in the mountains hiking....come back down and into whatever mountain town we passed and hit the nearest steakhouse. can't wait til the summer.

anyways..diet today sux0red!
m2: bagel and sausage
m3: turkey on whole wheat, pringles
m4: chocolate covered pretzels (like 5 of them)
m5; steakw/blue cheese and a portobello mushroom, and a sweet potato w/butter, and a green salad. and bread. :D good stuff. i figured this day was shot all to hell, i got validation from dl, and i went for it. mixing carbs,fat and protein. so there. how ya like me now??

sorry to disappoint ya scoobs, but i ain't hardcore today..i don't think i've been hardcore all week, but i 've been kickin' ass on my lifts all week too, so maybe there's something to this food business. hee hee.

b - he does in fact deadlift...and i can validate his PR as well. it get's the Tryska Seal of Approval :thumbup:

chigs..no babe..sorry..i still haven't got to it..looks like it's gonna be this weekend...i've got nothing planned so i swear i'm getting to it. promise. :nod:

that's that y'all....peace.

Tryska
01-25-2002, 05:49 PM
was supposed to go to the gym today but wound up running a mess of errands instead...so i'll take today as active rest. i just hit the strip..and kept walking down hitting every important errand ont he way. *lol*

first stop was barnes and nobles..and i just went in to pick up a cd...and they had all these little books on sale, and one of them was a lonely planet british phrasebook. now i'll finally be able to understand some of you people. heh.

also got a cool cd set called music to dream by....i got pulled in cuz it has st-germain, mos def, radiohead, nils petter molvaer and oodles of others...mellow, jazzy, electronica. i'm diggin it.

anyways...back to the usual stuff....

diet:
m3: turkey and cheese on wholewheat
m5: dinner salad

that's that.....i'm off to enjoy a mellow unwinding friday night....

Tryska
01-28-2002, 04:33 PM
what a day..what a day....

sup? i have been draggin all day. you hit the snooze button 4 times, and sleep in an extra half hour and you would think you'd feel refreshed. no. i felt more tired waking upt his morning, then if i had just woken up at 5:30am like usual. this morning was hectic too...got to work late cuz i had to stop off at the endo's and give em 2 tubes of my blood, and i've got an ugly little bruis to show for it. other than that work was work, although i was slaggin by late afternoon.

hit the gym anyway, and worked up a good sweat today....30 minutes on the elliptical, intervals 3 on/3off. that felt good.

diet:
m3: sucky cheap-ass egg foo yung that's a big bag of suck. and i can look forward to eating it for the next 2 days. or not. i'll decide int he morning.
m4: starbucks frappucino
m5: powda in water, dinner salad with cheese cubes.

that's that....peace.

Tryska
01-29-2002, 04:58 PM
it feels ike spring here tonight.....70 degrees for 2 days in a row. you can't beat that in the middle of winter. i knew there was a reason i moved down here. heh. although i've been missing home quite a bit lately. the metropolitan museum of art is calling my name. as is the boardwalk in Long Beach. and that far rock on the jetty. *sigh*

anyhoo...had a pretty sucky chest/tri session.. so bad even shawn was like..damn..what's wrogn with you..why are you so tired? what the hell's going on? did you go to the endo? ou can't jst run yourself ragged ya know...and yadda yadda yadda, yap yap yap. Like having a nagging husband. anyways....here goes the suckiest session in the world.

Chest/tris:

dips - 50x12x3 (upped this a set and it whupped me)
db flyes - 12.5x10x3 (pathetic)
pressdowns - 25x12; 30x12x2
oh extensions - 40x12; 35x12 (ran out of gas)

did 15 minutes intervals on the elliptical 3on/3off

diet:
m3: turkey and cheese on wholewheat
m4: banana
m5: dinner salad with turkey and ham

peace. :indian:

YatesNightBlade
01-30-2002, 03:32 AM
Ham Salad sounds nice.

Tryska
01-30-2002, 04:49 AM
yeah..normally it tastes good, but i had to choke it down last night, cuz i wasn't that hungry. :(

Reinier
01-30-2002, 06:23 AM
i never ever eat salad.

whats the use in eating something that hardly even has calories?

Tryska
01-30-2002, 06:37 AM
it gets in your fresh veggie requirement, it's chiockfull of vitamins, and anti-oxidants and other phytonutrients, and it gives you fiber. not to mention it's something light to eat for that last meal of the day.

ericg
01-30-2002, 07:43 AM
its seems to be filling as well!!

Your a such a good lil gal, eating them veggies:clap:

Reinier
01-30-2002, 09:23 AM
i eat tuna for last meal

*sprays his tuna spray around tryskas journal*

Tryska
01-30-2002, 09:29 AM
now you've gone and made my journal stink. and now i've got to go through and clean all the crap out.

thanks a lot bud. smooth move.

Tryska
01-30-2002, 05:14 PM
ok..that took freakin hours. holy shite.

just wanter to let y'all know that i have cleaned everything that wasn't a legitimate journal entry out of here since the beginning. Not because i don't love y'all coming to check me, and posting whatever you want to, but because it was over 17 pages long and i've only had it up since late november. So anyways..feel free to spam again if you'd like.....i appreciate that y'all come through, and I didn't mean to offend anyone by deleting their posts. if you're offended..well..suck it up buttercup. i already said sorry. :D

okay..on to today's update. it's been a pretty sucky day....i woke up exhausted...so you know that can't be good. i've eaten sucky all day....and I skipped a lot of meals. mostly because i was going back and forth with these assfaces that messed around on my servers and then tried to pin ti on me. I mean..if they knew how the f*ck the damn things worked (exchange) they mighta been ale to pull it off...but hell don't try to con me about sh*t i do every damn day day in and day out, when you don't know jack about it!. damn. corporate gamesmanship is a biatch.

anyways...today was a rest day, cuz i just don't have the energy....

diet:
M1: cottage cheese and flax
m2: sesame bagel, toasted
m3: skipped
m4: turkey and chees on whole wheat
m5: skipped.

i know i should prolly eat soemthign tonight, but i'm jsut not feelign hungry at all. :(

later.

Tryska
01-31-2002, 05:12 PM
oh why, why..must atlanta be landlocked? tonight is a perfect beach night, and the jetty is calling me. i wanna be by the sea!

anyways..relatively uneventful day...was supposed ot go to the studio tonight, but we rescheduled for saturday.
i just realized i look like a fookin heroin addict cuz i got this big purple blotch on my arm from my last blood-drawing. it's looking kinda rough. hee hee.

trained back, no bis, cuz well...i ran outta time, so here goes:

HS Row: 40x12; 60x12; 80x12
Assisted Pull-ups: 40x12x3
Standing Pullovers: 45x12; 50x12

also did 15 minute Elliptical Intervals, 3on/3off

diet:
m2: bagel, sausage
m3: some chicken stew something or the other
m4: banana
m5: dinner salad with hard boiled egg.

that's that. peace out.

YatesNightBlade
02-01-2002, 02:19 AM
Post some pics and dont forget the wheels.

Tryska
02-01-2002, 04:50 AM
you don't really want me posting THOSE pics do ya?

YatesNightBlade
02-01-2002, 05:18 AM
http://www.3dpcgame.com/cwm/s/contrib/ed/shocked.gif

Tryska
02-01-2002, 06:26 AM
*lol* what the hell is that??

YatesNightBlade
02-01-2002, 07:33 AM
big eyes

Tryska
02-01-2002, 07:42 AM
ahh....like an owl. i wasn't sure what to make of that for a minute. looked like a pair of breasts at first.

ericg
02-01-2002, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by Tryska
ahh....like an owl. i wasn't sure what to make of that for a minute. looked like a pair of breasts at first.

I love how you think ;)

Tryska
02-01-2002, 08:34 AM
well..doesn't it? or am i just smoking crack?

ericg
02-01-2002, 08:38 AM
You have a good case if you lookin at a set from the top.

I dont think its the crack

Tryska
02-01-2002, 04:01 PM
well...i'm hurting and i'm feeling sorry for myself. i'm sick and tired of feeling sick and tired. couldn't scare up the enrgy to get the gym...my appetite has gone to sh*t, which i guess is cool since i can't find the enrgy to work out anyway...and i just want my freakin bed. *sigh* i just need to hold out til monday's doctor's appointment and hopefully all will be right with my world. i hate whining like this and i hate feeling like an unmotivated loser..but i feel like a fuckin unmotivated loser. i prolly never shoulda got back on the pill, but i don't wanna get off, so one does what one has to do.

anyways....i guess tonight is gonna be a rest night.

diet:
m2: i don't remember
m3: skipped
m4: hot dog
m5: dunno. picked up some roasted eggplant fettucine, but i'm not feelin it right now. i just wanna sleep. maybe i'll have an orange in a bit and see what happens.

ericg
02-04-2002, 07:11 AM
Dam I hope you feel better. Ill be praying for ya :)

Tryska
02-04-2002, 07:18 AM
thanks eric. I was feeling like a whiny little wuss on friday, but i've made it to the weekend, and things can only go up from here. thanks for the good wishes, tho...hopefully everythign will work out as necessary this afternoon. I've got a good doctor. :)

Tryska
02-04-2002, 07:09 PM
damn. georgia is gonna be the death of me. it's fookin freezin down here...and me without a coat on. i just got back in..way after dark, and freezin cold. Had some adventures this evening.

first things first went to the doctor...got my blood results back, and my levels are damn near perfect if not a little more towards oversurpressed. but i still feel like crap. soo...i'm giving st john's wort a shot. if that doesn't work, then i've got another scrip to try..if that doesn't work..i'm gonna give up on the pill. although i really don't wanna. *sigh* drama drama.

so it took all evening waiting for the doctor, and i didn't hit the bus til late..and my the time i got to the transfer center it was cold dark and windy and i had just missed my bus. the shelters offered no protection whatsoever...but..i met the coolest guy. apparently he's some up and coming rapper kid, out of louisiana and he's with whoever ludacris was with. he just got signed or something..but man...a record deal brings out the best in people...he was talkign to some guy about how his life was before gettign signed, and i was kinda huddled up in a corner trying to keep warm..and then he asks me if i'm cold, and i was like yeah, a bit. it's kinda windy and i'm not dressed for it. and then....he gave me his jacket to wear until his bus came. it was the nicest thing.

there are still good people in the world. :)

anyways....today was pretty much an active rest day.

diet:
m2: oats
m3: banana
m5: chicken and veggies.

that's that. peace.

heathj
02-04-2002, 07:41 PM
Hi. :p

he was talkign to some guy about how his life was before gettign signed, and i was kinda huddled up in a corner trying to keep warm..and then he asks me if i'm cold, and i was like yeah, a bit. it's kinda windy and i'm not dressed for it. and then....he gave me his jacket to wear until his bus came. it was the nicest thing.

He just wanted to :p you...tuttut

:D Yes, there are nice people in this world..I would let you borrow my $5000 wool coat...

Tryska
02-04-2002, 07:59 PM
nah..i didn't even get his name, and he didn't try to hit on me.

but i appreciate the sentiment heathie! when his video comes out i'll tell y'all who he is. for now he is just the good samaritan.

ps - i really am sorry. i swear it. ;)

heathj
02-04-2002, 08:21 PM
Grrrrrr..........;)

Tryska
02-05-2002, 04:38 PM
damn it's gonna be tough getting in workouts this week. i lost yesterday because of the doctor's...i've got a dinner date tomorrow to hash out the details for this upcoming gig...thursday i'll train, but lord only knows how friday and saturday will be. *sigh*

today was pretty sucky too, cuz i was runnin hella late this morning, and thought i packed a shirt to change into at the gym, but oddly enough i didn't. thankfully i wore a sweatshirt type thing to work today, since i don't follow dresscode, and wear whatever the hell iw ant, otherwise i woulda had to just give up and go home. *lol*

course i skipped cardio cuz i just wasn't dressed for it..but i got a bicep/delt session in so it's cool i guess.

Side Laterals: 10x15; 15x12x2
Superset -
seated curls: 15x12x3
OHP: 15x15; 15x17; 15x15
Rope Hammer Curls: 30x15x2; 35x10
Free Motion Bicep: Burnout Dropset 10x15; 5x12

wierd split, wierd session.

diet:

dunno if it's the addition of st john's wort, or psychology saying my thyroid levels are ace, so i don't need carbs like i thought i might for damage control over the past month, but although my feeding times were a bit unorthodox, the idea of carbs today turned my stomach. i just wasn't feelin' em.

M1: skipped (running late)
m2: eggs and sausage
m3: blueberry yogurt
m4: 2 slim jim and cheese thingies, halfpint of milk. (it was 2:30 byt he time i got to what shoulda been lunch, and the caf was closed, so i ahd to go to the little quickie-mart thing in the building.)
m5: powda; dinner salad.

that's that. lataz.

Tryska
02-06-2002, 04:03 PM
well the weather in georgia today can be summed up in one word.

crapalicious.

it's been raining like nobody's business and almost freezing all day long. and it's put a damper on my plans. we cancelled the dinnerdate for this evening as the roads aren't very safe, and of course i didn't have my workout clothes, so going to the gym was scrapped.

i guess i'll just take tonight as nice calm evening in, doing nothing, and maybe go to sleep much earlier than usual too.

diet:
m3: pasta fagiole and yogurt
m5: chicken wings and celery and carrots with blue cheese dressing. mmm...yummy.

that's that. lataz.

heathj
02-06-2002, 04:05 PM
:bow::p

:D

Tryska
02-06-2002, 04:34 PM
:whazzup:

heathj
02-06-2002, 04:35 PM
My....;)

Tryska
02-06-2002, 04:36 PM
:eek:

heathj
02-06-2002, 04:38 PM
*spreads some pestilence.

ericg
02-07-2002, 06:26 AM
well the weather in georgia today can be summed up in one word.

crapalicious.

it's been raining like nobody's business and almost freezing all day long. and it's put a damper on my plans. we cancelled the dinnerdate for this evening as the roads aren't very safe, and of course i didn't have my workout clothes, so going to the gym was scrapped..........

Was wondering, how can some rain make the roads dangerous? I mean unless there is black ice all over the place then get your arse (and a nice one I must add) out of the fooken house and on that date. ;)

I find it funny how the Southern part of the US totally shuts down when they get a couple flakes of snow. Thought u are from the North East??

Tryska
02-07-2002, 06:50 AM
i am, and i can drive in damn near anything, but i don't drive at the moment. I'm a bus-riding fool. and when the rain is bad, no one in the south can drive, period. so that's why it's dangerous. morons mess it up for everybody. plus, there was some black-ice possibilitiy yesterday since the temp was right arounf that 32 degree range.....and once it got dark it got a little colder. sitll raining this morning too. *sigh*

ps - we wound up sorting out the business we were gonna discuss over dinner on the phone last night. ;)

ericg
02-07-2002, 07:03 AM
Rain and snow sucks.

Lets fly off to Hawaii

Tryska
02-07-2002, 07:05 AM
dude..i am so there. :thumbup:

heathj
02-07-2002, 08:44 AM
Holy sheist, are you serious? It got near 32 degrees! Watch out eskimos, here comes the Tryska and Georgia!!

Tryska
02-07-2002, 08:45 AM
I'm a warm-blooded tropical girl.

heathj
02-07-2002, 08:46 AM
Move to the equator and quit yer bitchin' ;) haha, just joking foo :p :p

Tryska
02-07-2002, 05:01 PM
if i won the lottery i would. so there, f00!

not much to talk about today...it was day much like any other. still cold. i actually went out to lunch today. that was something exciting. and ummm yeah...that's it.

let's see did a chest workout:
grav dips:40x12; 50x12x2
incline flyes:25x12x2; 20x12
incline press: 20x10
hs iso bench: 20x10; 30x10

did some cardio too, elliptical intervals 3on/3off, 20minutes.

food:
m1: cotage cheese and flax
m2: oats
m3: thai food - shimp massamang curry with some white rice and steamed vegetables; thai tea - yum.
m4: skipped.
m5: still fulll from lunch, soo...a mango and some cottage cheese.

that's it. peace.

YatesNightBlade
02-08-2002, 04:56 AM
:bow:

Tryska
02-08-2002, 05:09 AM
what have i done to deserve your worship?

YatesNightBlade
02-08-2002, 05:38 AM
:hump:

Tryska
02-08-2002, 06:20 AM
heh. :angel:

Tryska
02-08-2002, 03:57 PM
was supposed to do some cardio tonight, but i am jsut way too sleepy again today. i think it mighta been going out to lunch. and i was so busy at work, i lost track of time, shut my pc down and realized i needed a nap. anyways..i intend to be hardcore next week. well aside from valentine's night, as i've got other plans.

anyways...diet today:
m2:eggs and sausage
m3: chinese. buffet stuff..i skiped the carbs for the most part and jsut had meat and veggies.
m5: god only knows..i'm still not hungry, but i got another mango, so maybe mango and cottage cheese again. we'll see.

that's it. oh ecept i found a purple rock on my way into my building. it's a polished amethyst. wonder what that's all about?

Tryska
02-09-2002, 06:31 PM
wow...just got in from an extremely busy day.

started off with meeting shawn for an adjustment....he then dropped me off so i could hit the gym, and pick up some groceries...got hom in time to take a shower, check in, and the catcha cab off to the club. which was ACE. we got some seriuos stuff done to prepare for this gig on v-day. i got some scripts..got the intro down pat..basically just caught the vibe. also met the bands that will be performing..one i didn't like to much, but the second one is this kickass girl band and they rock. I mean ROCK. i was well impressed. also, one of those wierd, it can only happen to me things happened. there's a spoken word artist that's set to paly, that i've known about for the past couple weeks, because she is the girlfriend of my friend/co-worker's cousin. i hadn't met her, but tonight i did. she looked at me, and said..where od i know you from? i was like i dunno..but i know ya from somewhere.....we went through every place we've worked here, trying to figure it out. turns out, damn near 10 years ago, up in New York..she and i went to school together. It was freakin bizarre. she's a pretty good poet too. anyways..we sorted out the party stuff, went and shot a little pool, and then me, my promoter, and the person throwing the party, and her friend all went out to dinner. It was a pretty good day.

oh..i tried one of those energy drink things? they are really pretty good. it tasted like shite, but it got me wired. I'm gonn ahave to try one of those clubbing combos the night of. and i've still got to get an outfit together. ai.

anyhoo..let's see..workout:

30 minutes cardio, ellip intervals, 4on/4off.

diet:
m1: skipped
m2: trail mix
m3: peanut butter and muscadine jelly (! :D) onwhole wheat (with flax, sesame and some other seed ground into it. my market has the best natural breads)
m4: energy drink
m5: we went to outback steakhouse. I had some of a blooming onion, salad, about 4 oz steak, half a baked potato and piece of bread. it was yummy. oh and a coke.

that's that.....lataz.

Tryska
02-11-2002, 04:27 PM
i am a very very naughty girl. i nicked someone's sasha and digweed cd at the gym today. and that's all i'm confessing to at the moment. my other venial sins i'm saving for my priest. ;)

anyways...today was a real good day. I'm feeling more like myself than i have for the past couple weeks. considering the week, this is a very good thing. nothing exciting except someone elft me the gift of a D&B cd on my desk and i have no idea who it's from. sweet gesture tho. or maybe they forgot it there. *lol* either way it's mine now. :evillaugh

went to the gym, popped that bad boy in the cd player and went for broke. today truly was a hardcore session. high bpms will do that everytime. plus i chased my stack with a some really strong green tea so i was pretty wired:

30 minutes elliptical intervals, 4on/4off

diet:
m1: cottag cheese and flax
m2: eggs
m3: tuna cutlets and okra
m4: some protein bar, and green tea
m5: milk and whey, maki rolls

shawn is on me to increase my cals, so i'm doing my best to put in extra cals here or their. if i was willign to signup for a cyberdiet account i'd actually tally that biatch and see how many cals i got now....but this seems like 2000-ish i think, so i guess its okay. i'm not feeling overstuffed yet, and it's all good clean food (save the protein bar) sow e'll see.

k. that's that. hasta. :indian:

The_Chicken_Daddy
02-12-2002, 04:12 AM
Why more cals?

I thought you were trying to lose weight?

Tryska
02-12-2002, 05:04 AM
yeah...i am cutting....but i slack. i'm still skipping meals, and going hours without eating, and the stuff i am eating is coming in around 1500-1600 cals....so i really need to make sure i'm bringing 2000 cals a day at least. i've had some really full food days, but i've also had some really sucky ones. and weekends are crazy. that's when i lose it, and only wind up eating like 1200 cals a day. so i really need to stick to my feeding schedule.

ericg
02-12-2002, 08:26 AM
you can do it!!.......sounds like an offspring song

Tryska
02-12-2002, 08:27 AM
i'm damn sure trying. *lol* i had a few good months last fall.

Tryska
02-12-2002, 05:06 PM
woo! i got mardi gras beads and i didn't have to flash nobody. and i'm getting more tomorrow from one of my co-workers. he works a krewe down in N.O. each year, and he promised he'd save some beads and trinkets for me. what i'd really like is a Zulu coconut though. :p

anyways....i just finished a back session. was running late cuz i had to stop by the nightclub before hittign the gym, so no biceps. perhaps i'll just do chest next session and then hit off an arms and shoulders session at a later date. still gotta fit legs in sometime this week too.

the back session was mediocre at best:
HS Row: 50x15; 70x12; 80x10 (no maxes altho technically there was a 230lb increase overall since last week - not bad when i look at it that way)
Lying DB Pullover: 20x12x3 (someone took the 22.5s)
Lat Pulldown: 50x12; 60x10x2 (i could really feel these in my lats after the pullovers. it was pretty cool)

Cardio: elliptical 15minutes 3on/30off intervals

Diet:
m2: scrambled eggs
m4: red bull
m5: powda and water, and a dinner salad.

k..that's that. peace.

Tryska
02-13-2002, 06:32 AM
okay. i have got some goofy-ass co-workers. goofier than me even. i walked into my cube this morning, and there is a photocpy of this month's Ironman cover, blown up, and pinned to my wall with an "autograph" from Jay Cutler remembering our night in paris.

I also have a secret valentine that consists of X's, O's and ???'s writtien on red post-it's all over my PC. *lmao*

methinks night-shift has WAYYYY too much time on their hands. I'm still over here dying laughin' tho.

YatesNightBlade
02-13-2002, 07:34 AM
The think you like muscle men. lol

Tryska
02-13-2002, 07:39 AM
heh. wonder whatever gave them that idea. ;)

actually it's my old across the way neigbor i think. he's on night shift now..he used ot buy musclemags all the time, and he has the writing of a serial killer. and he's prolly surfing this site right now too. *lmao*

Tryska
02-13-2002, 04:38 PM
well alright. today was just a normal day...picked up a copy of oxygen to read while i was on the elliptical this afternoon. that was the highpoint. and i don't even know why i bought the damn amgazine. it's not like it's very good. has some competitive stuff in there though, so that's cool.

anyways...30 minutes cardio, 2on/20ff intervals.

my tris are sore from my back session yesterday. never noticed that before, but i'm presuming it was fromt he rows. not really sure.

anyways, diet:
m2: ww bagel, plain (missed brekkie at the cafe)
m3: tuna cutlets, okra
m4: balance bar and a red bull
m5: dinner salad and a fiji apple.

that's that. lataz.

Blood&Iron
02-13-2002, 04:56 PM
Just thought I drop in and make a general nuisance of myself.

well alright. today was just a normal day...picked up a copy of oxygen to read while i was on the elliptical this afternoon. that was the highpoint. and i don't even know why i bought the damn amgazine. it's not like it's very good. has some competitive stuff in there though, so that's cool.

Oxygen...<chortle>...<cough>...<smirk>

Can't really talk as I still read all the idiotic muscle rags. Usually, I just sit at the bookstore thumbing through them until the staff starts getting pissed at me.

anyways...30 minutes cardio, 2on/20ff intervals.

Just curious about something, as I've started doing HIIT myself. What sort of intensity are you using? Obviously, it can't be maximal.

my tris are sore from my back session yesterday. never noticed that before, but i'm presuming it was fromt he rows. not really sure.

This happens to me if I perform my pullovers incorrectly(Though, I use a machine.)

Tryska
02-13-2002, 05:10 PM
mm...i did pullovers last night..lying with a dumbbel and my trainer was watching my form.....but that's a definite possibility. my abs are a bit sore too and my lats are definitely sore. first time in a long time.

well...considering it was 30 minutes it wasn't maximum intensity no...but i'd say on the off intervals, i use them as rest....so i kinda re-fuel during those, and then i push as much as i can on the high intervals. my brain is toast right now...so i guess i did soemthing sorta right. plus i was lsitening to drum and bass while i was doign this..that's about 165bpm, so it helps me keep my speed up on the high intervals. *lol*

and no worried about being a nui9sance. thanks for stopping by!

Blood&Iron
02-13-2002, 05:17 PM

well...considering it was 30 minutes it wasn't maximum intensity no...but i'd say on the off intervals
I wasn't referring to the total time. I meant that your intervals are quite long. All the stuff I've seen on interval training uses intervals of 20-30s of maximal effort. I tried 30s and there was no way in hell it was gonna happen. My muscles just sorta give out after 20s, and sometimes before. So, I was just wondering what the reasoning is for the way you're doing things.

Tryska
02-13-2002, 05:25 PM
oh..you meant the interval time....well that's the pre-programming on the machine. it doesn't have a manual pre-program or i would do a more traditional interval, but i really don't wanna spend my time fiddlin with the buttons for 30 minutes...

when i use the treadie instead, i'll pre-program that for 30 seconds high, 60 seconds low for recovery purposes, but my knee needs to feel happy for the treadie, and it hasn't been happy for a bit.

aeckhardt
02-14-2002, 04:41 PM
If you didn't want to calculate your calories online because of cost then check out www.fitday.com But I'm just gonna take a stab here and say you were too lazy, that's all.

So I was gonna tell you to eat more food, but then you mentioned how high you believe your cals are so nevermind. Obviously you are eating generous portions when you do. I mean **** girl, your eating like the same calories as me, well almost.

Tryska
02-14-2002, 11:41 PM
eh?

thanks aeckhardt....i think? hee hee. actually....the portions are just plain old...what the guv'ment thinks is a portion. ie: 3-4oz of meat, or a tbsp of flax, or a 1/2c cottage cheese. but i figure roughly 300 cals per meal over 5 meals is at least 1500 cals, plus, say an extra 200 cals at lunch, so that's...oh. perhaps i'm only coming in at 1700 cals. hmm. your right though..i've been to lazy to go register at fitday and figure out there system. i might go do that this weekend. i need to be getting btwn 2000 and 2200. something to work on.

anyways...this was just gonna be a quick log of today, as there is now way i'll remember to do this at the crack of dawn, oh 4 hours from now. :(

just got in from the club. it went smooth as hell this evening considering it was my debut. and the bands first gigs. but you know what? we ALL kicked ass, and the night went off without a hitch. i also picked up another gig. this other promoter from town wants me to MC a roast for her :thumbup: this is gonna be cool. if any of y'all know da brat, she showed up tonight. she's really short.

umm...didn't work out as i was preparing all day for this evening. (after my disco nap of course)..so we'll skip straight to diet...which sucked, i must say:

m1: oats with dried apricot
m5: well....this was at the club...so 1 redbull, a couple sips beer, turkey breast on a croissant. some fruit. 3 chocolate dipped strawberries. lots of water. the beer gave me heartburn.

so considering the chocolate, the glucose in the red bull, and the croissant, on top of the oats, kinda high in bad carbs today. ah well it's not like i ate a whole lot so it's no biggie.

k. off to bed for what will be a 4 hour powernap. *sigh*

YatesNightBlade
02-15-2002, 02:59 AM
you go girl. ;)

Tryska
02-15-2002, 05:01 AM
why thank you sweetie. me and my bad self are gonna go now.

Tryska
02-16-2002, 01:09 PM
okay....something i found out yesterday....little tryska does not do well on not enough sleep. apparently i was a babbling fool all day yesterday, which i was reminded of today. my friend said i had her stitches because i was saying whatever came to mind and apparently it was some pretty wild stuff. she said it was like i was talking in my sleep.

anyways..yesterday was a pretty bad food day.

m2: biscuit and gravy
m4: twix bar
m5: skipped.

so i made a valiant effort to stay awake when i got home yesterday....that lasted exactly 1 hour. I fell asleep at 5:30pm yesterday and woke up sometime around 9am this morning. I must say i feel quite wonderful right now.

anyways...did the usual errands running, groceries and stuff after the gym. can i just tell you, i LOVE my grocer next door to my gym. i get the best hookups from the butcher there. this week....2lbs of prime natural ORGANIC stew beef for 4 bucks. I rock. :thumbup: especially considering it was marked at 3.99/lb. heh.

anyhoo, did cardio this morning...(i was bad..did it on a very empty stomach). 30 minutes elliptical intervals, 4 on/4off. got some nice stretching in, and that's that.

now here's the sucky diet so far:
m3: protein smoothie
m4: mmmm...pb&j on some of that really good ww bread? perhaps.
m5: either sausage and peppers, or a green salad. we'll see how i feel when that time comes.

that's it. hasta.

Tryska
02-18-2002, 04:41 PM
mmm..today was a real mellow productive day. i actually had the day off but i went in this afternoon anyway before htiting the gym so i could take care of some overdue work i had. plus i got my mardi gras beads so what could be better?

did a leg session today, which was kinda sucky cuz i had a protein bar just before going in and apparently, with even a little food in my stomach i get extremely nauseous when i lift.

Seated leg Press: 175x15; 215x12; 235x12
Hamstring Extensions: 75x12; 82.5x12; 90x10
Prone Leg Curl: 50x12x3 (this is where is tarted getting nauseous)
Calf Raises: 155x12x3

it was so-so, and i'm still feeling nauseous now.....had a sucky eating day and i didn't drink half as much water as i should have.

m2: cottage cheese and flax
m3: smoothie with protein powder
m4: designer protein bar
m5: turkey breast, roasted veggies, wild rice casserole.

i suck, i know. peace.

the doc
02-18-2002, 04:47 PM
leg day? :scratch:

where are the squats?- you must share in my leg day pain

Tryska
02-18-2002, 05:04 PM
i needed to take it easy today doc. i've been having some wierd numbness tingling something or the other going on on my right side.....since fridays 14hours of sleep. shawn figures it's prolly just a pinched nerve from sleeping the wrong way, and i'm getting an adjustment on wednesday, but just in case it was a stroke in progress, or the beginnings of MS/parkinson's/fibromyalgia, we decided to not tax my CNS too much. but i got strength, range of motion and coordination so it's prolly just a pinched nerve somewhere.

the doc
02-18-2002, 05:07 PM
oh very sorry to hear that :(

I hope you feel better! Pinched nerves really such. I pinched one on my big toe and now have no feeling in it

would you normally squat though?

Tryska
02-18-2002, 05:14 PM
i hack squat. haven't quite got the hang of bb squatting without hurting my shoulders yet.

Reinier
02-19-2002, 06:03 AM
i use a pad for that
*feels sissy*

Tryska
02-19-2002, 06:22 AM
okay.

ericg
02-19-2002, 12:57 PM
wouldnt want to hurt those beautiful shoulders of yours

Tryska
02-19-2002, 01:00 PM
damn straight eric. :nod:

Tryska
02-19-2002, 05:12 PM
hmm...pretty decent day today. Work was busy but not overwhelmingly so, i trained....and my diet was on point. one downfallt o my day...it looks like my favorite grocery is closing the location next door to my gym. i don't know what to do. i get all my groceries there and it's all food and brands i trust for being as close to natural as possible. not to mention my free-range organic butcher hookup. this is a bad thing. :(

anyways...Biceps and SHoulders today:
Superset:
HS Shoulder Press - 10x12; 20x12; 25x12
Side Lateral Raises - 10x12x3
Bicep Curls: 35x15; 40x10, 30x12(ds)20x3
Preachers: 15x12x2; 15x10(ds)10x10(ds)5x12

15minutes cardio, elliptical intervals 3on/3off

Diet:
m2: scrambled eggs
m4: trail mix...nuts, raisins, etc, etc.
m5: dinner salad with tuna

that's it. peace.

The_Chicken_Daddy
02-20-2002, 06:24 AM
bummer 'bout the store babe :(

Tryska
02-20-2002, 06:51 AM
who are you telling man. I'm really upset about that. my entire diet is based on the stuff i get there. thankfully they've got a big huge market within 10 miles, but it means i'm gonna have to do a weekly shopping trip over to that side of town to get the stuff i use. which means more planning and coordinating.

on a more positive note, i already got my cardio in this morning....running to catch the bus....

in the rain.....

my shoes are wet. :(

The_Chicken_Daddy
02-20-2002, 07:00 AM

ericg
02-20-2002, 08:09 AM
didnt wear your slickers??

Tryska
02-20-2002, 08:16 AM
didn't start raining till after i'd left the complex. :(

it was clear before that.

Jane
02-20-2002, 02:08 PM
*stops all the sad faces*

:) The sun will come out...tommorow...:)

lol *stops the hideous sounds*

Tryska
02-20-2002, 02:15 PM
bet your bottom dollar.......

*lol*

thanks jane.

Paul Stagg
02-20-2002, 02:28 PM
The next time I'm in town, you are going to squat.

Tryska
02-20-2002, 02:32 PM
with the bar and everything?

Paul Stagg
02-20-2002, 02:40 PM
Yep.

We'll even put some of those heavy black round things on the bar.

The_Chicken_Daddy
02-20-2002, 02:46 PM
vinyls?

the doc
02-20-2002, 02:58 PM
lol, hey did you and paul lift together?

or just get in some "heavy cardio" ;)

Paul Stagg
02-20-2002, 03:03 PM
Not yet.

I'm going to be in Tryska's town in a couple of months.

Tryska
02-20-2002, 05:30 PM
can i just tell you, i got all psiched about real-life squatting, that i told shawn about when we met for a chiro adustment today...and he got all petulant and was like..."well if ya wanted to learn how to squat, you coulda just asked me..you don't have to ship people in to do it you know. but it's your knees...so you do what you want." he copped an attitude man. *lol*

anyways.....today was a relatively okay day, despite the wet shoes and my grocery closing down...nothing that couldn't be resolved with a little shopping tho. i got my adjustment, and he was able to tell by pushing on my arms that the tingling was caused by some subluxation in my cervical vertebrae so he cracked that and now i gotta ice it while i watch enterpirse tonight.

took today as a rest day....but it was active rest since i was walkign around shopping. I got this cool little pedometer and i wanna aim for 10,000 steps a day. I'm at like 5700 today and this was my first time wearing it, and i wasn't really paying attention so let's see what happens.

diet:
m2: eggs and hotsauce
m4: that trail mix stuff again
m5: dinner salad.

that's it. peace out.

PowerManDL
02-20-2002, 06:50 PM
Dude, I'm insulted that you didn't even ask me. You had me for a whole session, and I was in hardcore mode to boot.

Tryska
02-20-2002, 07:56 PM
it was back night. and i was training with the bimbo.

Tryska
02-21-2002, 04:58 PM
well...i think i must officially look like i work out or something. met this guy today who i have no idea who he is..but i met him in the breakroom. i was refilling my water bottle, and he was pulling his out of the freezer..and he just struck up a conversation with me about training and lifting a nd gyms and whatnot. turns out he used to powerlift and wrestle, and is in the midst of cutting right now. it was an interesting conversation....too bad we don't go to the same gym although i'm thinking of switching. there is this ace gym that is around the corner from the job..real upscale and stuff, but it costs the same as mine. it's got a pool and sauna, and we were talking about the wightroom..he seems to think it's decent. only drawback is..EVERYONE i work with goes there....and i don't know that i can handle seeing the same people who stress me, in my personal de-stress area. well we'll see. maybe this summer.

anyways...jsut did some interval cardio today...

30 minutes, 2 on/2off on the elliptical. eewww. had a nasty encounter in the ladies locker room...went ot use the lav and the front desk girl was in there with rubber gloves up to her elbows and a mop and was cleaning out a stall. apparently someone's ass exploded, and they didn't bother cleaning up. she said yesterday some puked all over one stall and in two sinks. and didn't tell anyone and just left it. Nasty. that makes me wanna change gyms right now, cuz i'm easily skeeved like that. i feel sorry for old girl, cuz she has to clean up after these ill-bred people with no hometraining. ook.

oh but i digress....on to diet:

m3: steak and sweet potato
m4: trail mix
m5: salad with hard boiled eggs and ham.

oh.....got up to 9250 on the pedo.....750 steps shy of my 10k goal. perhaps i should start taking the stairs at work. that oughta be good for a few steps.

ok now i'm done. bye.

Marcel
02-22-2002, 01:14 PM
Tryska...have you ever tried sprints like 30sec fast as you can go followed by 30 really slow pace to catch your breath? I do that or if on tready i do 1 minutes sprints followed by 1 minute walk.

Tryska
02-22-2002, 01:16 PM
yeah i do that on the tready.....i was doing it pretty regular, but my knee has been acting up lately, so i'm laying off the impact stuff until it doesn't have that little "catch" in it anymore. (i screwed it up rollerblading in the office a summer back and it just hasn't been the same since)

Marcel
02-22-2002, 01:18 PM
i know what you mean about the knee! My knee had never really acted up before but since i started doing cardio everyday for 30 min with the 30/30 or 1/1 when i do squats my knee acts up!

Chris Rodgers
02-22-2002, 01:18 PM
Did somebody say bimbo?? :hump:

Marcel
02-22-2002, 01:20 PM
maybe adding some horse hooves(knox gelatin) to my diet might help?

Tryska
02-22-2002, 01:21 PM
a big blond buff male bimbo. aka shawn. he's my blond bimbo. if you wanna hump him, i'd be happy to let him know, latty. i think he's pretty straight tho. *lol*

marcel...totally.....mines used to the cardio now, on the elliptical, but the tready, especially doing sprint intervals still bothers it everytime.

and yeah...gelatin jsut might help marcel. maybe i'll try that. i tried msm but it actually made it hurt more if that makes any sense.

Marcel
02-22-2002, 01:27 PM
the elliptical machines are so ace. Yea I have some boxes of knox gelatin when i read about it in steve reeves book.

Tryska
02-22-2002, 03:17 PM
cool. give it a shot and let me know.

i love hte elliptical too...i think i'm gonna mess about with resistance to give me a new challenge.

anyways...today is gonna be a rest day. not on purpose, but it seems i've been running 5 minutes late all day long.

my ride called in sick this morning, so i had to cathc the bus, but missed it, and then my boss was hassling m,me about some thing or the other this afternoon and i missed the evening bus too, and i'm waiting for one of my co-workers to get off, so we can go drinking instead.

diet:
m3: steak and sweet potato
m5: salad hopefully. or scotch. one or the other.

Tryska
02-25-2002, 06:18 PM
well today was overly uneventful. I had to wait for the gasman to come, and basically i conditioned my hair today, and took a nap, and went to the gym.

the weekend was okay....but today's diet sucked. i'm not even gonna go into it. not enough food, not enough quality food, and way too many carbs.

anyways..i did 30minutes cardio, 2on/2off on the elliptical, and upped the resistance.

thast's all. peace.

Blood&Iron
02-25-2002, 08:42 PM
Why not buy some MRPs or something? Seems like you skip an awful lot of meals. They'd certainly be better than eating nothing.

Tryska
02-26-2002, 03:56 AM
i don't eat, because i forget. I can have the right food packe in my bag, and i will still forget if i'm not particularly hungry and i'm busy.

i'm not sure quite how to get around that either.....except maybe a watch alarm of some sort.

Chris Rodgers
02-26-2002, 10:16 AM
LMAO! Busy doing what? Posting on WBB?

Tryska
02-26-2002, 10:19 AM
busy doing whatever it is i'm doing. usually work stuff.

jsut to let you know....i am eating right now.

Cackerot69
02-26-2002, 10:23 AM
Haha latty.

Tryska
02-26-2002, 05:16 PM
well now...tonight's full moon certainly explains some things.

anyways...just got back from doing chest/tris....and it was a pretty good session. taking time off from benching to do my dip/flye routine has helped somewhat i think. i certainly felt more confident handling the bar today....that's an improvement.

Chest/Tris:
Bench: 45x15; 50x10; 55x10 (i paid attnetion today, and it's definitely my chest and not my tris stopping me)
Grav Dips: 40x10x2; 30x15
Extensions: 40x15; 45x12;50x12
OH Extensions: 35x12; 40x12

cardio, 15 minute intervals, elliptical 3on/3off, resisteance upped to 5.

diet was actually ace today...i was starving all day.

m2: cheese cubes
m3: turkey on whole wheat, slice banana bread
m4: trail mix
m5: dinner salad, i think with a powda and water chaser.

that's is all.

The_Chicken_Daddy
02-26-2002, 05:18 PM
Nice bench :)

Cackerot69
02-26-2002, 05:28 PM
Tee hee.

Tryska
02-26-2002, 05:41 PM
shut up cack. and thanks chigsy. it's still pathetic imo, but whatever....one day it will come.

Cackerot69
02-27-2002, 09:24 AM
Don't be offended Tryska, I still love you. :indian:

Tryska
02-27-2002, 09:51 AM
well i'm very sensitive about my sucky bench. I'm not offended though.

Cackerot69
02-27-2002, 09:57 AM
I have a sucky bench too, in fact I have a sucky everything....so don't feel bad.

And I bet :indian: could kick my ass.

Tryska
02-27-2002, 09:59 AM
:indian:~~~~> :whip: <~~~~ gooface

Cackerot69
02-27-2002, 10:04 AM
ooooh yeah.

ElPietro
02-27-2002, 11:10 AM
:spam:

:moon:

Tryska
02-27-2002, 11:25 AM
well thank you for returning the favor.

Tryska
02-27-2002, 04:17 PM
okay...took today as a rest day because i had errands to run. and it is fookin cold out.

anyways...real quick just to update the diet:

m2: eggs and hot sauce
m3: rice and veggies. and this juice drink thingy with ginseng and schisandra and all that stuff. and lots of sugar.
m4: green apple slices
m5: powda in water, and a dinner salad in a couple hours.

that's that. hasta.

Tryska
02-28-2002, 05:05 PM
wow. i was highly distracted at the gym today. between the "member appreciation party" (with fried chicken wings, and other crap, which just makes no sense to me) and some other stuff i got going on right now, it was tough getting a decent session in.

anyways....did back/bis today.....it was okay. shawn seemed to think i was doing real good, but i felt weak. of course he told me i was trippin'. but i think he's just got me confused with some other wussy client of his. :rolleyes:

anyways:
Cable Row: 50x15; 60x12x2
Lat Pulldown: 50x12; 60x12; 70x8
Cable curls: 35x12; 35x10; 30x10
Preachers: 15x12 dropset 10x10; 20x12

he's the one that's trippin imo. i feel so inadequate.

anyways.....diet....kinda sucky, considering my personal rules, but ok i guess. I gues i will consider today a sort of carbup,

m2: potato chips (don't ask, i was craving them)
m3: chick pea curry and rice (that
s protein right?)
m4: green apples and cheese cubes
m5: dinner salad with a powda chaser.

that's it. lataz.

The_Chicken_Daddy
03-01-2002, 02:30 PM
Ay Tina...

Tryska
03-01-2002, 04:51 PM
ay chigs.....**** off. :p

well it's been a relatively good dya. i was a bit tired all day due to staying up kinda late last night....and my diet wasn't all that....but what the hell.

umm..went to the gym and had a nice little cardio session. elliptical intervals 30 minutes, 2on/2off, res. 5, whilst watching a curious male mating ritual. this man was out in the little area in front of the cardio amchines, doing his stretching and flexing and watching to see who was watchign him. nice bod, but the whole peacock thing was a definite turnoff. too bad.

speaking of nice bods, i'm officially off calves, and my fetish is watching triceps flex. it's quite enjoyable.

anyhoo...diet sucked today, altho i'm definitely back to leaning out, which is always good imo.

m2: fried egg on ww.
m3: bacon cheeseburger and onion rings. (lots o carbs, but damn it was good) oh, and a green tea. i reall have to cook this weekend, cuz i can't be losing it at lunchtime with caf food like this.)
m5: lord only knows, maybe just whey and milk, or a pirce of fruit. we'll see. i'm stills tuffed fro lunch.

that's that...i'm gonna take tired ass on now.

mesmall
03-01-2002, 09:12 PM
If they serve chicken wings in your gym, move on over because i'm moving to Atlanta...:p

Hung Lo
03-01-2002, 09:54 PM
You should have been at the gym I go to. They had a whole table of valentine cupcakes and stuff laid out, the day before valentines day. I didn't understand it either. The table was probably 15-20ft infront of all the people trying to lose weight on the cardio machines.

Tryska
03-02-2002, 06:09 AM
mesmall..only on the last teusday of every month. *lol*

the cupcakes are really bad, hung-lo. i don't think my gym would do anything that overt. but i could be wrong. baha.

Scooby-Doo
03-02-2002, 01:37 PM
*flexes his tri's* :strong:

The_Chicken_Daddy
03-02-2002, 05:07 PM
Fancy a pint like?

Tryska
03-03-2002, 07:38 AM
whey aye err....

*gets distracted by scooby's tris*

Scooby-Doo
03-03-2002, 03:28 PM
Oh yeah..... ;)

Tryska
03-04-2002, 04:38 PM
bah! i am gwetting sick and tired of this cold weather. it is wreaking havoc on my hair, my skin and cuticles. :mad:

anyhoo....today was a pretty decent day otherwise...kind of cathartic actually. got some things off my chest, etc. a very truthful day.

went to the gym after work and did a little cardio although i really didn't want to s i'm proud of myself.

30 minutes elliptical intervals 4on/4off.

diet:
m3: chicken tikka wrap (i made this myself and it was fookin ace)
m4: oatmeal raisin cookie (that's low GI right?)

that's that. peace.

Tryska
03-05-2002, 05:09 PM
well it's about damn time....the weather has finally warmed to something my southern blood can tolerate. today was just a day. i am int he funkiest mood ever, and i want it to stop.

anyways...went to the gym and did a little shoulder session and some cardio...it went a little something like this:

HS shoulder press: 20x15; 30x10; 40x9
superset-
freemotion press: 15x12; 10x15;10x12
side lat raises: 10x12; 10x8; 10x10
upright rows: 30x15; 40x17; 40x15

cardio: 20 minutes elliptical intervals 3on/3off, resistance 5.

diet:
m2: yummy chicken wrap (got real hungry early)
m3: banana
m4: energy drink (lots of high fructose corn syrup in this one) and a cheese/slim jim thing.
m5: can't decide between either a green salad with a yogurt topping or fresh berries and banana with a yogurt topping

that's that.

Tryska
03-07-2002, 05:38 PM
what a gorgeous day today was! absolutely beautiful.

anyways..not much int he way of excitement, or interesting stories today. well actually my busdriver this evening was telling me about this acciedent he saw this morning. pedestrian v truck. pedestrian lost and got his head cracked open. right up the street too. that was exciting.

let's see...did a quick back session today...
superset-
lat pulldown:40x12; 50x15;60x12
Close Grip pulldown: 40x12; 50x12; 60x10
lying pullover: 20x12x3
Macine Row: 45x15

15 minutes cardio, elliptical intervals 3on/3off res 5

diet:
m2: eggs and hotsauce, banana
m3: chicken tikka wrap (i can't get enough of this one, seriously. love it)
m4: blueberry yogurt

that's it. hasta!

Tryska
03-11-2002, 05:02 PM
*sigh* i think i'm coming down with something AGAIN. i never get sick this fookin often. anyways..i had a swollen gland last week, and then last night, i slept for like 12 or 13 hours. and today, i kinda got the sniffles, and like dizzy speels from swollen ear tubes. well i had that yesterday too, but still. no wonder leg day just isn't looking appetizing.

anyways..went to the gym..did 45 minutes endurance style cardio. that was cool.

diet:
m1: cottage cheese and flax and a couple girls scout cookies
m2: coffee flavored yogurt.
m3: fajita steak pockets (good but extremely filling)
m4: nectarine, red bull
m5: dinner salad with egg, ham and cheese.

that's it.

peace.

Tryska
03-12-2002, 04:30 PM
today was a really good day. i woke up feeling much better then yesterday....in the mood for a leg session even. *lol*

picked up another paygig at the gym. turns out, one of the head trainer guys called me last week and heard my voicemail at home, and now he wants me to do the automated call-response stuff for his side business. i thought that was pretty cool. i also helped a newbie today. woohoo, i'm such a good samaritan. hee hee.

anyhoo....legs!

hack squats: 100x12; 120x12; 140x12
walking lunges: 25x12x2
Machine SLDLs: 60x12x3
seated calf raises: 175x15x3

diet:
m3: fajita steak wrap
m4: blueberry yogurt
m5: dinner salad, yum.

that's it. peace/

mesmall
03-12-2002, 07:54 PM
Glad to see your in a good mood once in a while.....you had me worried...lol. :p

Franco
03-13-2002, 12:43 AM
That is great news about the automated call-response work at the gym:)

Oh and great work on the leg day

Tryska
03-13-2002, 04:04 AM
hey thanks fran! :)

mesmall....i'm usually in a good mood, although i maybe tired or falling sick or whatever...but usually i'm in a decent mood. and i'm always happy, even when life is sucking. ;)

YatesNightBlade
03-13-2002, 06:24 AM
Im happy when it's sucking too ;)

Tryska
03-13-2002, 06:44 AM
:eek:

i'm still not awake enough for double entendre this morning, sweets....that coulda been licked but noooo.......;)

*witty comment is forthcoming*

ericg
03-13-2002, 10:15 AM
:p

Tryska
03-13-2002, 05:14 PM
put that tongue back in ya mouth boy.....

anyways..i went out to lunch with my oldest friend from Atlanta today. I haven't talked to him in months and we had a lot of catching up to do. it was ace.

went to the gym after..and he might be joining with me..we'll see.....depends on if he can dealw itht he fact that my strangely attractive ex co-worker (and his current boss) works out there too.

anyhoo....45 minutes on the elliptical endurance, it wa sloads of fun, except my tanaglia cd wa sskipping. which sucked.

food:
m2: eggs, hot sauce and sausage.
m3: ww bagel with cream cheese
m4: cherry vanilla yogurt
m5; dinner salad with hamd and egg on it.

that's it.

peace.

Tryska
03-15-2002, 04:57 PM
for those of you who wanted ot know what i look like....

here is a pic taken at work last week. it's only gonna be up for a limited time...so uhhh..enjoy, i guess.

Scooby-Doo
03-15-2002, 05:03 PM
cool, you look kinda like your Avater :)

which anime is it from?

the doc
03-15-2002, 05:09 PM
wow! looking very nice!

I like those boots!

Tryska
03-15-2002, 05:14 PM
haha thanks doc..they are my ass-kickin boots. *lol*

scoob..thank you...it's Uld from Ah My Goddess! ;)

Scooby-Doo
03-15-2002, 05:16 PM
Ah, cool. Havent seen that one yet. :)

Tryska
03-15-2002, 05:18 PM
i think it's girlie kiddie one. on par with sailor moon.

Scooby-Doo
03-15-2002, 05:23 PM
Um... Maybe I'll skip it then :hide:

Tryska
03-15-2002, 05:25 PM
*lol*

well....maybe a little more grown up then sailor moon, but still girlie.

Tryska
03-15-2002, 05:27 PM
actually...here's the full shot that the avtar is cropped from....

Scooby-Doo
03-15-2002, 05:35 PM
Cool, but I think I'll stick to more "manly" animes :D

Sebi
03-15-2002, 06:59 PM
Nice pic, Tryska!
You really look good! :)

The_Chicken_Daddy
03-15-2002, 07:00 PM
*Swing*

She's babelicious.

If she were a president, she'd be Babe-raham Lincoln.

Tryska
03-15-2002, 07:15 PM
ha ha. thanks sebi! i just returned the favor too. ;)

and chigsy...you're the aceshest. thanks. :D

mesmall
03-16-2002, 07:10 AM
LMAO...at CD. Lookin mighty fine Tina. Hows about a few more?
Great skin color. :)

Tryska
03-16-2002, 07:30 AM
haha...thanks mesmall. i appreciate the compliment.....tell you what i'll post one more....this one is kinda from far away tho...the camera was wierd...this one's from work too.....

mesmall
03-16-2002, 07:38 AM
wow....that one I like. :) If you wear glasses and did not put them on for that pic I will be dissapointed.:p

Tryska
03-16-2002, 07:39 AM
*lol* i had sunglasses. but when i put those on, i looked like an extra from Men in Black. baha. thanks for the compliment. ;)

mesmall
03-16-2002, 08:51 AM
I can't believe more people are not here for your coming out of the closet pics. Their loss. :) I'm going back into my closet now...bye

Tryska
03-16-2002, 08:54 AM
*lol* i actually prefer it that way, tho man. so it's all good.

enjoy your closet!

heathj
03-16-2002, 03:18 PM
:hump:

:angel:

Tryska
03-16-2002, 04:52 PM
*lol* heath. i'll take that as a compliment.

anyways....just got back from a hellacious run of errands. okay...actually it wasn't that bad, altho diet was horrid.

first stop..the mall...had to return some clothes i got which look great, but don't go with anything else i have, and well...that would have meant i'd have to buy stuff to match, and then shoes, and so on and so forth, so i saved myself from a vicious cycle...and went to another store, and bought a cool outfit from there instead. :D
walked from the mall to the gym:

1 hour cardio, eliiptical, endurance style.

i've hit a plateau of sorts, so i am revamping my cardio and doing some endurance type stuff on off days, and doing the usual intervals, on training days.

i also need to really look at my diet. i say i eat 2000 cals a day, but to be honest, it's more like 15 or 1600. :rolleyes: so i am going to re-evaluate, and really truly eat 2000 cals for a change and see if my body will speed up this fatloss.

anyhoo....that being said....today's diet:

m1: cottage cheese and 2tbsp flax
m2: smoothie with yogurt and powda.
errmmmm
m3: (carb meal) kraft dinner with tuna.

oh also, along with this new attemtp at eatign 2k, i am also going to incorporate a controlled carb-up on weekends, and stick with the nu sugar, no grains, no starch, (save one serving of complex) during the week.

i really will need y'all's help with a kick in the ass when my cals look low please. i think from now on i'm gonna actually do the cal counts and put the breakdown in y journal as well. it will keep me honest.

so that's that...my feet huirt, and i really want a nap, but it's too late for that now. peace out.

xraygirl
03-18-2002, 03:56 AM
Well T, according to Miss Rachael, my 11 y/o expert on all things fair and lovely :D you are very pretty.
Where's the veggies on your diet? You may be able to make up some of the calories you are lacking by eating a salad and an apple sometime during the course of your day.

D.

Jane
03-18-2002, 04:12 AM
nah, tryska eats salad like every day :)

You're very photogenic btw! Awesome smile :)

Tryska
03-18-2002, 04:24 AM
hey x! aww...tell Miss Rachael i said thank you ever so! *bats eyelashes*

and jane is right....i have a salad everynight during the week.....actually i did have some fruit later on that night, so it wasn't all bad. I've re-vamped my diet tho, and will be starting that today. so let's see what happens!

and jane..thanks for the compliments too lady...;)

xraygirl
03-18-2002, 04:38 AM
I will tell her. She's upstairs with her nose firmly planted in a book (#7 in the Series of Unfortunate Events books)
It has just occurred to me that I'm the only one who hasn't posted a photo yet.
I revamped my diet recently too. Every night's dinner Sun-Fri is some kind of lean meat and salad sans dressing. Tonight it was chicken...I hate chicken! But I hate being fat more, so it was chicken.
I'm making the hubby take me out for curry on Saturday to make up for it. :D yum!

YatesNightBlade
03-18-2002, 04:40 AM
:drooling: :drooling: :drooling: :nod: :nod: :thumbup: :thumbup: :omg: :omg: :hump: :hump: :bow: :whip: :clap: :clap:

xraygirl
03-18-2002, 04:46 AM
I take it that's Yate-Speak for "It's about damn time you got a picture up!"

Tryska
03-18-2002, 04:51 AM
yeah x..it's your turn to post photos now...as for me it turned out, i was eating way too low still. my old diet was only for like 1600-ish cals, and i was skipping meals.....sooo...i've upped it to a definite 2000, and i'm gonna make sure not to skip.

i have a salad with protein of some sort on it, damn near every night. it helps to not be monotonous when you get creative with it...at least that's what ahs helped me, eat them everynight for like over a year now.

yates....hmmmm......

:D :D :idea: :bow: :redface: :p :redface: :p :redface: :p :whip: ;) ;)

Tryska
03-18-2002, 04:53 AM
*lol* x! either that or i've just been cat-called.

xraygirl
03-18-2002, 04:57 AM
You could throw some Macadamia nuts with the fruit as part of a snack. Zero carbs, healthy fat, protein so your blood sugar won't crash. It's a good thing.
Sorry, no pictures to post.

ericg
03-18-2002, 06:46 AM
Trys, excuse my ignorance, but are you really Native American? I know you make reference to them everyone once in a while. I just wans't sure.

Anyways, my great grandma was full blooded Mic Mac, she was born in Canada and married a "white man". I have a very old pic of her and it is no question that she is Native American. I find them very interesting even before I knew about my great granmother.

Sorry to fuk up your journal if I made an incorrect assumption, just thought I would share.

Tryska
03-18-2002, 06:51 AM
actually i'm east indian, eric. (from India). i just use the native american smiley, cuz hell she's a little brown girl like me. :D and i dig the tomahawk.

and x.....altho i've got eggs planned for my next feeding macadamia nuts and fresh fruit sounds yummalicious right now.

ericg
03-18-2002, 07:02 AM
sorry, my bad!!

Tryska
03-18-2002, 07:05 AM
no worries, happens a lot. either that or people think i'm mexican. sometimes mexicans think i'm mexican. if only i spoke spanish, i'd have everyone fooled.

ericg
03-18-2002, 07:08 AM
then i could call you chica ;)

Tryska
03-18-2002, 07:10 AM
ayyyy...vato....:cool:

The_Chicken_Daddy
03-18-2002, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by Jane
Awesome smile :)

What did i tell ya! :nod:

Tryska
03-18-2002, 11:56 AM
hee :D

thanks chigsy ;)

Blood&Iron
03-18-2002, 12:00 PM
Very nice pics...

But didn't you say you were worried about people at work finding out who you are?

Tryska
03-18-2002, 12:03 PM
yeah....i still am, but i kinda gave in to peer pressure. :rolleyes:

i still might take them back down in a couple days..we'll see if i get fired or not. *lol*

actually i gotta couple leptin questions.....would you be able to annswer them for me?

mesmall
03-18-2002, 12:24 PM
Pressure....what pressure. :angel:
P.S. at least you got a little something in return. ;)