PDA

View Full Version : Kimpy and JuniorMint's weightlifting journal

JuniorMint6669
02-08-2005, 04:02 PM
OK, so im officially a fatty (again). After a year of going to the gym 4-6 times a week, i havent gone consistantly since july (kimpy's fault). Now im working from home, so im not getting much excercise, but i do have lots of free time. My goal is to get back to the gym 2 days on, 1 day off, doing my push/pull/lower body routine i was doing before. I may have to lower the volume at first while my body gets used to it.

Kimpy is here because shes supposed to start going to the gym to inspire me! Haha we'll see how that goes ;)
Im going to the gym right now, shes going on thursday. Feel free to call her a slacker :p

Hatred
02-08-2005, 04:07 PM
Kimmay!!!!!

kimpy225
02-08-2005, 04:09 PM
THURSDAY. i need to.. prepare. actually i just dont have time to go before thursday.

and its not MY FAULT that he hasn't gone. i told him to go!

lol hi :) :newbie:

briancurran01
02-08-2005, 04:33 PM
juniormint: welcome back bro!!

:spam:

andy51
02-08-2005, 04:41 PM
Good luck

MixmasterNash
02-08-2005, 05:31 PM
Welcome back... again!

Stephen Riddington
02-08-2005, 06:28 PM
Whoohoo!!! Minty and Kimpy are back. Time for you kimpy to invest in a nice leather whip, so you can whip Minty back into shape. :D

All kidding aside, welcome back, guys.

Coke
02-09-2005, 02:54 AM
Ain't this a trip, coming back with a journal right when I closed mine down (I mean I just be damn, lol) - don't be slackin Kimpy, get to them sessions in the gym Mint.

chops
02-09-2005, 03:51 AM
jr mintyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! welcome back. oh sure, it's *her* fault if you don't go :p

JuniorMint6669
02-09-2005, 06:13 AM
brian: thanks for stopping in!
andy: thankya
jammaster: i know i know, third times the charm, right?
CAhomer: hahahaha dont give her any ideas ;)
CoCoA: What/!?!?! you closed down your journal? That sucks, how come?
superchopper: Thanks :D of course its her fault, shes very distracting ;)

JuniorMint6669
02-09-2005, 06:21 AM
I went to the gym earlier today with my brother. i probably wouldnt have made it to the gym if he didnt call me and wake me up (at 2 in the afternoon). We'll probably be going together tommorow too.
Today i did "push". The weights are really wimpy, and no where near my max, so i wont bother posting them, part embarassment, part because my weightlifting book is in my car. But heres my workout anyway. Amount of sets include warmups, but really they were all "warmups":
2/8/05 "Push"

Bench Press: 3 or 4 sets
Incline Bench: 3 sets
Tricep Pushdown: 3 sets
Pec Dec: 3 or 4 sets
Lateral Raise Machine: 3 sets
Rotator Cuff work
Stuff was kind of out of order because some of the stations were busy when i wanted them. Otherwise, good workout. My brother asked me to show him form for deadlifting, and i pretended i still knew how to do it. It felt really good to DL, im excited about doing it in a few days. Tommorow is "pull"

Poker was OK. Ive been messing around playing 10 player, $11 entry tournaments online. I played 30-40 today, and made some OK money. I might have to move up to $22 entry to make a living playing those exclusively though.

Stephen Riddington
02-09-2005, 03:32 PM
It's start, sooner or later, you get into the routine of going to the gym.

TTT
02-10-2005, 02:02 AM
Good luck! This is cool, I haven't read a two-person journal before :)

kimpy225
02-10-2005, 10:50 AM
yea i dont even have a real routine .. yet. i just need to get back there. thats my first step. once i get back i played soccer for 10 years and had tons of energy. after i got hurt.. it went downhill hehe. i miss playing sports. even if its just frisbee ;) or stickball, wiffleball, throwing the ball around.. all that fun stuff. it helped me stay more upbeat. i AM going today so i will update when i am done work and done workin out :)

Relentless
02-10-2005, 11:40 AM
Kimmay!!!!!
saying it like that sounds like "timmy" from the recent seasons of South Park

LOL

Anyway, good on ya JM and kimpster for starting a new journal... good luck eh!

Saint Patrick
02-10-2005, 03:30 PM
:hump: :ninja: :hump:

Hey Junior let's make a Kimpy sandwich!

j/k guys, welcome back.

kimpy225
02-10-2005, 05:13 PM
:hump: :ninja: :hump: Hey Junior let's make a Kimpy sandwich! j/k guys, welcome back.

thanks guys :)

patty: im watching you!!!!!!!!! :whip: ive heard some things... :evillaugh

JuniorMint6669
02-10-2005, 06:48 PM
Thanks guys. Well yesterday was a bust, my brother didnt call me until almost 4... which means i didnt wake up until 4. And i had to start working by then or it would have never happened.
Then today... i didnt wake up until 430, then my bro and a friend stopped by for about an hour. I would go now but my uncle is coming to get a haircut soon (wtf? he drives an hour and a half to get a haircut by me?). And THEN i have to play some poker. But if i get bored, ill go at midnight or something.

I know. i know. excuses. i know.

patty: die please k thx

jk man, nice to see youre still alive ;)

kimpy225
02-10-2005, 08:40 PM
so lets see. i went to the gym. ON TIME hehe. it was realllly busy. i dunno why haha. i usually go around 9 and its not bad but i got there a little late.. like 930 and it was packed. usually i am there 9-10 and its never crowded so i dunno what was up with 930 being extremely busy haha. OH wait .. maybe because of lent hahahaha. i dunno man :) i dont even know what i am giving up for that.

anyways. i was on the bike for 25 min. 9.5 miles babie! hehe that went well. i wasn't even that tired afterwards which is surprising because its been so long.

i got sick of seeing all the people there so i only did a few lifts. i did my favorite :)
Leg Press 12x90 12x90 8x140
i usually start off with 90 always no matter how often i go to the gym (or not go...)
Leg Extension 12x40 12x50 10x50
Leg Curl 12x40 10x40
Calf Raises first i used the leg press when it was on 90. i did 15 of those. then the last thing i did was these with 10lb DBs. haha i think i did about 50.

aight thats about it, yo. you stay classy wbb

JuniorMint6669
02-10-2005, 10:39 PM
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. You're so buff :strong: Nice workout babe!

Coke
02-11-2005, 05:03 AM
Good deal on the bike and the leg workout Kimpy...I like the journal, very unique - ;)

Stephen Riddington
02-11-2005, 01:17 PM
At least you got some workouts going, in comparision to your significiant other :o

JuniorMint6669
02-11-2005, 07:29 PM
At least you got some workouts going, in comparision to your significiant other :o

LOL! whats that supposed to mean!?!?! since the begining of the journal we've both worked out once!! :shoot:

Pup
02-11-2005, 07:38 PM
LOL! whats that supposed to mean!?!?! since the begining of the journal we've both worked out once!! :shoot:

She's A) a female and B) pretty darn cute...she therefore gains the right to get more slack than you do.

JuniorMint6669
02-12-2005, 12:27 AM
She's A) a female and B) pretty darn cute...she therefore gains the right to get more slack than you do.

Are you some way implying that im not cute? DIEEEEEEEE :shoot:

Defend me kimpy! :ninja:

kimpy225
02-12-2005, 04:29 PM
bwahaha. lol. i didnt have another workout yet but i did get a 30 min walk in!

you are a cutie, cutie :) but i do get more slack cause im also the ninja queenie. right pup? :p

kimpy225
02-12-2005, 04:29 PM
:ninja:

Stephen Riddington
02-12-2005, 04:53 PM

No wonder he's Yoda. :D

JuniorMint6669
02-13-2005, 12:09 AM
OK workouts have been a bust so far. Ive been so busy and so tired. I just moved into my own place about a month ago, so im still trying to get everything setup. Today i finally went (real) grocery shopping. I gave my SUPER bag of chips and box of cheeze nipz to my dad, and headed to costco!
I picked up...
WW bread
Boneless/skinless chicken
cottage cheese
lunch meat
mixed nuts
skim milk
two cases of diet/caffeine free soda

I think thats about it. Hopefully my diet will get back on track and the rest will follow...
But again, kimpy tries to foil my plans by sending me candy in the mail! Today i received...
Original M&Ms
Peanut M&Ms
candy hearts
almondy joy
and, of course,
junior mints

im convinced shes trying to fatten me up

kimpy225
02-15-2005, 04:11 PM
I KNOW YOU WENT TO THE GYM. where are the updates

Pup
02-15-2005, 06:39 PM
*smells ph3@r*

JuniorMint6669
02-15-2005, 08:31 PM
i went to the gym today! updates later tonight :D
Werent YOU supposed to go to the gym today? puh-owned

JuniorMint6669
02-16-2005, 04:12 PM
ok. lifes been crazy lately. ive been playing poker quite a bit, because ive gotta pay the bills. Im also looking into starting a business with my brother. At first it should be an easy way to make some money on the side, and maybe someday we could make it big. itll be interesting to see what develops with that.

My bro and I were supposed to go to the gym yesterday but he had a job interview and was running late with taking care of stuff before that, so, being the responsible WBBer that i am, i went to the gym alone.

2/15/05 Pull

Pulldown (chinup grip): 3 or 4 sets
Seated row: 3 sets
HS Row: 3 sets
DB Curl: 2 sets
Hammer Curl: 1 set
Forearms: skipped

i skipped forearms because i was pretty tired and all of the preset BBs were taken at the end of my workout.
im not sure i need to do seated row, its seems the same as HS row. i used to do BB rows instead of seated row, so maybe ill give those a try again.

tommorow will be deadlift/lower back unless im feeling frisky later tonight, then ill do it then.

Stephen Riddington
02-17-2005, 11:56 PM
Maybe you need to block Kimpster from your mailing addy, Minty. :hide:

I could understand how it can be a bit difficult trying to fit a session, in a time where you just moved, and etc.

kimpy225
02-20-2005, 02:06 PM
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! block me?! :(

JuniorMint6669
02-20-2005, 03:19 PM
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! block me?! :(

Do you even remember what a gym looks like? GEEEEEEZE. go workout!

oh yea, good news! kimpy gets to come to cali in two weeks. WOOOOOOOOOO :hump:

Sayiajin Prince
03-03-2005, 02:21 AM
yea go work out so you can help me chop off some heads this weekend

Skillz
03-03-2005, 12:30 PM
Wsup

I accidentally posted in ur ol journal till Cocoa informed me u had a new one (thanks!)..This is wat I had said:

"Wsup

Costa Mesa? Nice, I liv in Irvine now...Go to UCI...

Just sayin wat up...Nice lookin journal
Peace!"

Oh yeah.
Peace!

JuniorMint6669
03-05-2005, 08:42 PM
skillz: thanks for stopping in. yea i like costa mesa quite a bit. been here for a long time. the weather's great and its close enough to the beach. where are you originally from?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OK so kimpy is coming to CA tonight! WOOOOOOOOOOOHOO. Im picking her up from the airport in less than 30minutes. She'll be here for a week, ill try to post updates if we do anything exciting.

AND...
Im not sure if anyone saw my post in the BB forum, but i have been looking to setup a homegym. Today i purchased a 300lb OLY set, OLY DBs/EZbar, and floor mats from sport chalet. Im going to be ordering a squat rack from NY barbell and i still need to find a bench, maybe from them also. I think thats all ill need to workout from hom. Ill post some pics when i get everything setup in a few weeks (depending when it arrives. Hopefully this will help me workout more frequently. I have been real lazy of late about getting out of the house and to the gym. Plus my gym is so crowded, parking and waiting for stations is a bitch. Im looking forward to this a lot.

KIMPY@?!!?@#! why havent you posted?? =/ Dont worry guys, ill make her work out with me while she's here :strong: :hump:

Stephen Riddington
03-05-2005, 08:59 PM
LOL, but i bet a high percentage will be cardio in some form. :D

Skillz
03-06-2005, 03:39 PM
Wsup man

I'm originally from Bakersfield (B-Town!)...Thats in Central Cali, so a few hrs up north. Yeah, Irvine / Costa Mesa / Newport n all that is a real nice area...Not at all wat I'm used to tho, since eastside of Bakersfield is real ghetto...Its pretty nice here tho, n UCI's a nice school...Alot of ppl here do act like they liv their life on the OC tho...Thats all good tho!...U go to school?

Peace!

JuniorMint6669
03-13-2005, 02:34 PM
skillz, im not going to school at the moment. i play poker for a living, and i do have a lot of free time on my hands, so im considering enrolling in the fall at a community college.
yes, CA HOMER, plenty of cardio was had ;)

i finally gave kimpy the boot friday. it's always hard leaving her/her leaving me. :cry:
I received the bench, plate tree, and squat rack from NY barbell. we put some of it together, but its really a pain in the ass. You need one person to hold one end of the bolt while another tightens the nut. Kimpy's "hands hurt". She needs to get some callouses or something ;)
I finally got the bench completed this morning and used it for some DB benching and fly's. Its very stable, which is good. I still have to do the entire squat rack, whenever my brother can come over and help me with that.

here's some pics of my equipment/office/weight room. as you can see, the squat rack isnt even out of the box yet...

Stephen Riddington
03-14-2005, 12:33 AM
****, you got dual monitors?? :( I have always wondered why peeps have dual monitors.

Coke
03-14-2005, 05:07 AM
I like what I see Mint...no excuses to miss the workout, lol.

kimpy225
03-14-2005, 12:19 PM
haha dual moniters for poker :) so he can play more tablessssssssssssss and see them all! eeep!

man that place is a MESS!
OH I HELPED PUT TOGETHER THAT weight rack thing YAYAYAyayayayaya and part of the bench yayaya lol. and HEY i did pretty good even though my hands did hurt! so shush haha. it was my idea to have me hold the one end tight when you screwed it in geeezzz hahaha. give me some credit :)

i lifted some! no real lifts while i was there but.... hey i carried some of that into the place and that was kinda painful lol :)

ps. yes lots of cardio haha :ninja:

pss. also- i will be going to the gym once i get BETTER. damn sickness i cant even talk now :(

Stephen Riddington
03-14-2005, 04:52 PM
Good to see you still alive, glad you had a good time with Minty. :D

JuniorMint6669
03-15-2005, 04:56 PM
CAman, yea, like kimpy said i have dual monitors so i can multi task better. if i play four tables of poker, that takes up my entire screen. so if i want to do something else, ill do it on my other monitor, or if i want to play 6 or 8 tables, ill put them on the other screen.

coke: youre right, and thats why i wanted to get this thing setup. so i cant make stupid excuses about the gym being too crowded, etc ;)

kimpy:!!! you helped lots, youre right. thanks for your help :D please come again ;)

edit:
oh yea, i worked out yesterday too. "pull"

DB Row: 3 sets
BB Row: 3 sets
EZbar curls: 3 sets

and then i did some more curling later in the day. i think my plan will be to do my normal routine, maybe a little lighter on volume, early in the day (an hour or two after i wake up) and then do lighter sets throughout the day.
I still dont have the squat rack up yet, so no chinups until then. Also the weight is pretty light on all my sets, because i need more plates for the DBs, and its also pretty hard to setup the barbell with a lot/any weight without a rack to rest it on. Once i get alla my **** together, ill start posting my puny weights that im throwing around (and hopefully by then i will catch up/surpass kimpy so i dont look too weak)

JuniorMint6669
03-19-2005, 05:59 PM
I finally got my squat rack up!! WOOOOOOOOHOO. My brother came over and it took us 3-4 hours to get it all put together. My camera's batteries are dead, but once they charge ill take some pics. As (i think) ive said before, im doing a two day on, one day off, push/pull/lowerbody routine. Before i got the rack up, i did a quick workout of a few light deadlift sets. Then two days ago....

Push
Bench: 45x15 95x10 95x10 115x8
Flies (super set with overhead extensions): 15x10 (30x10) 15x10 (30x10)

I havent benched in several months, so i was just kind of worried about getting back in rhythm and form.

Today I did...
Pull
Negative Chinups: bwx1 bwx1 bwx1 bwx1 bwx1
BB Row: 95x8 95x8 95x8
EZ curl: 30x10 40x10 40x10
Static hangs

My grip is extremely week. I can barely hold on for the entire negative chin. My hands are getting all torn up, which is good. Im using the ecoball chalk substitute. Hopefully soon i can start doing regular chins/pullups. BB rows were easy/light. Static hangs from the chinup bar hurt like a mother ****er. But gotta do what ya gotta do.

Coke
03-20-2005, 12:50 PM
Nice to see you get the squat rack up, ready to roll now - good workout effort Mint...getting back with it.

JuniorMint6669
03-22-2005, 05:20 PM
thanks coke!

my sleep got really off track the past few days. last night i slept 17 hours! crazy. but before bed, i did some squatting for the first time in almost a year. i only used the bar , and will add light weight as i go, to make sure i can keep my form down. I also did some light GMs, and calf raises. my legs have suffered the most during my 8 month off period. They have lost most of their definition andbecome HUGE (in the bad, fat, way). Ill need to work on them a lot. Today's an off day, ill be going to the movies with my bro later tonight. Works been going very well, better than expected. Hopefully ill be in a position to buy a home a year from now (after my lease is up and i have a healthy savings).

kimpy225
03-22-2005, 06:54 PM
your legs are sexy muthas. do some cardio.

JuniorMint6669
03-23-2005, 07:46 PM
lol thanks kimpy, cardio sounds like a good idea, but its not as much fun when youre not around :(

MixmasterNash
03-23-2005, 08:57 PM
your legs are sexy muthas. do some cardio.

And pullups!

kimpy225
04-03-2005, 07:20 PM
wtf mate. im looking for updates.

Stephen Riddington
04-03-2005, 07:25 PM
There's your name in the title... so where's your update???? :p

JuniorMint6669
06-09-2005, 02:39 PM
There's your name in the title... so where's your update???? :p

Yea kimpy! where's your update?? I know she has gone to the gym a few times recently. I was working out pretty consistantly at home, until i got a mean case of strep throat last month. I stalled about going to the doctor for about 2 weeks, but finally made it. I got on the scale...... and i weighed 250lbs :cry: In the past year, i have gained about 40lbs thanks to poker and overall just being lazy. I would really like to get back into the 200-215 range. 170 was my all time low and 250 is my all time high. Hopefully kimpy will attempt to inspire me to workout, but she says she likes my belly, which doesnt help.

drew
06-09-2005, 02:40 PM
Juniormint, did you become a king sized peppermint patty?

Get to work man!

JuniorMint6669
06-11-2005, 03:35 PM
Hey drew, long time no see. Yes, i am pretty HYOOOOGE in the bad way.

I was thinking about buying a pizza last night, but kimpy pretty much called me a fatass and told me no more pizza! Nice job kimpy. So i bought a rotissiere chicken and ate some of that last night instead.

There was a link in bodybuilding forum to a HST FAQ, so i think im going to do a version of that, minus the science and %s. Will post update when im done working out.

JuniorMint6669
06-11-2005, 03:56 PM
Full body workout of death

Squat: 45x15 45x15
GM: 45x15 45x15
Neg Chin: x1 x1 x1 x1
CG Bench: 45x15 45x15
Fly: 10x15 10x15
Lying DB Row: 10x15 10x15
Lateral Raise: 5x15 5x15
EZ Curl: 25x15 25x15
Tricep Ext: 25x15 25x15
BB Shrug: 45x15 45x15
Crunches: x15 x15

Weights were light but this was harder than expected. Quit a bit of reps and i havent worked out in a while. Squatting is going to take some time to get used to again. Overall, I like this. I wonder if the volume will become too much for me. I plan on doing two weeks of 15 reps then dropping to 10 then 5. I have no idea how this will go though, just experimenting, trying to find something to get me working out regularly.

MixmasterNash
06-11-2005, 04:14 PM
Tell kimpy she can't complain unless she posts a workout.

Good to see you're back at it.

Coke
06-13-2005, 04:14 AM
Just the habit of working out regularly will do the trick...with that in mind you could go one body part per session while skipping a day here and there. Great to see you on again Mint.

kimpy225
06-13-2005, 07:17 PM
Tell kimpy she can't complain unless she posts a workout.

Good to see you're back at it.

rawr! i can complain if i'd like... cause im gonna post something. hahaha.

lets see what i did at the gym last time... i dont know exact weights for some of them because my friend was there on the machine opposite of me and we were chatting so.
biked for 15 min. warmup
leg press 175x12 (was max lift i did)
leg extension 65x12
leg curl 50x12? probably
legs abductor/adductor... however you spell those things. 90 for both of those.
some ab work.
ran a mile on the upper track

kimpy225
06-13-2005, 07:18 PM
I was thinking about buying a pizza last night, but kimpy pretty much called me a fatass and told me no more pizza! Nice job kimpy. So i bought a rotissiere chicken and ate some of that last night instead.

no pizza. :spam:

JuniorMint6669
06-14-2005, 02:35 PM
thanks coke and nash.

nice workout kim! wowowoeowowowowowo!!!111

no pizza :(

JuniorMint6669
06-14-2005, 03:37 PM
(lbs x reps)

50%Squat: bwx15 bwx15
SLDL: 45x15 45x15
Neg Chin: x2 x2 x2 x2
CG Bench: 55x15 55x15
Fly: 15x15 15x15
Lying DB Row: 15x15 15x15
Lateral Raise: 10x15 10x15
EZ Curl: 30x15 25x15
Tricep Ext: 25x15 25x15
BB Shrug: 65x15 65x15

Im working out at home, so my excercise options are somewhat limited. I want to alternate squat/gm with (quad excercise)/SLDL but i cant think of anything to do. Not enough room for lunges. So until i figure something out, ill be doing light squats. Good workout. I'm really sweaty, but not really fatigued in my muscles. Im not sure if this is good or bad, yet.

Dedicated
06-14-2005, 04:46 PM
Hey just noticed you are back. Well welcome back:)

Coke
06-14-2005, 05:42 PM
This is great, keep it moving bro...I am quite happy to see U lovebirds - :D

drew
06-15-2005, 06:37 AM
What's a light squat? :D

Nice work JM.

kimpy225
06-16-2005, 12:26 AM
you should do some cardio. it may help with all that sweating if you constantly are doing exercise and your body gets more used to it. its so nice around there- go for a run/walk or something! you should play bball or FRISBEE or something.

ps. no pizza ;)

JuniorMint6669
06-16-2005, 01:05 AM
thanks dedicated, long time no see
coke: thank ya mang, im happy too
drew: light squat is just like a regular squat, except lighter ;)
kimpy! wow thanks for posting in our journal. it is nice to see you :p yea maybe i will play frisbee, if i could only find someone to play with.

JuniorMint6669
06-23-2005, 01:47 AM
didnt you go to the gym kim? you have to keep this thing going even when im slacking.

i went to vegas over the weekend and im still recovering. will resume workouts thursday

JuniorMint6669
06-27-2005, 01:15 PM
Kimpy's coming to CA !!! WOOOOOOOOOHOO.

Squat: 55x15 55x15
GM: 45x15 45x15
Neg Chin: x2 x2 x2 x2
CG Bench: 55x15 55x15
Fly: 15x15 15x15
Lying DB Row: 15x15 15x15
Lateral Raise: 10x15 10x15
EZ Curl: 30x15 30x15
Tricep E: 30x15 30x15
BB Shrug: 75x15 75x15

pretty easy workout. need to bump most weights next workout. i told kimpy she needs to post. and she said "ok, i rode a bike" but i see she hasnt posted, so ill update for her.

kimpy:

bike ride :p

kimpy225
06-27-2005, 03:38 PM
didnt you go to the gym kim? you have to keep this thing going even when im slacking.

i went to vegas over the weekend and im still recovering. will resume workouts thursday

sorrryyyyyyyy hehehee. i went to the gym sometime! totally!

MORE WORKOUTS!

kimpy225
06-27-2005, 03:39 PM
lol shut up. yes i rode a bike the other day with my friend julie and it hurt my butt for the next two days. she was just telling me about how her butt was all sore too. stupid mountain bikes!