PDA

View Full Version : NLarge2 or Cytogainer?

Collegekid
02-08-2005, 09:06 PM
Which is a better weight-gainer...NLarge2 or Cytogainer?

The difference seems to be in the kinds of carbs they have...NLarge2 has more sugar. Normally I would think the one with the more complex carbs is better, but I hear of a lot more people using NLarge...?

NLarge2: Calories 620, Total Fat 6g, Saturated Fat 3g, Total Carbohydrates 89g, Dietary Fiber 4 g, Sugars 23 g, Protein 52 g

Cytogainer: Calories: 620, Total Fat 5g, Saturated Fat 3g, Total Carbohydrates: 80g, Fiber: 4g, Sugars: 5g, Protein: 56g

smalls
02-08-2005, 10:22 PM
Cytogainer chocolate mint in skim milk. You'll thank me.
Allsportsnutrition.com has it pretty cheap.

Vido
02-08-2005, 11:24 PM
N Large is cheaper, thus more people use it.

Both taste good.

The quality of the ingredients is better in Cytogainer...it's your call.

Collegekid
02-09-2005, 10:37 AM
Cytogainer has this info on the site: "Cyto Gainer is almost entirely complex carbs and ultra high quality whey protein.... Carbs are complex maltodextrins from corn hybrids - stabilizes energy and prevents sugar crash."

And it also says to take it immediately after a workout...but don't I want simple, fast acting carbs after a workout?

smalls
02-09-2005, 11:38 AM
You would be better off with just dextrose or a mix of dextrose with whey, but difference would probably be negligable. You would save money by just using cheap whey and dextrose PWO.

Nito
02-09-2005, 02:26 PM
I have N-Large 2, chocolate flavour. Taste is pretty decent, and the sugar I thought is not to unreasonable. Espcially compared to other types like Mammoth 2500, and Mega Mass (from the GNC). But by the looks of the ingredients that other brand looks pretty good!