PDA

View Full Version : An eating question

reesee
02-08-2005, 10:31 PM
Hello guys and gals.

I have been thinking about lifting weights and trying to get bigger for a long time now, always putting it off with lame excuses, I am now going to get serious about it. As I sit in front of this screen I weigh 140 pounds ( I just ate a box of kraft dinner) so we'll say 137ish. I'm 6' and 30 years old. I'm not sure why but I can't seem to gain weight, I have been reading alot about weight lifting and gaining weight and I'm sure some would say there's no such thing as someone who can't gain weight.

Here is what I eat in a typical day. When I get up, before anything else I have a glass of pepsi ( I drink a two litre a day ) with two slices of spam on two slices of toast x 2, or two spam sandwiches, that's breakfast. The next time I eat is supper and that's usually canned stew or beefaroni, and that's it for the day.

Basicially I would like to know what I should eat ( If anything special ) to gain weight. I am willing to do whatever it takes. My goal is to be about 190 pounds, and I don't have a real time limit to when I want to get there. I do plan on keeping you guys up to date on my progress with pics and such, I would post one now but I'm ashamed, let me get some pounds on first. :) I don't want to be huge, but I want to be noticibally cut, kinda biggish. I have been reading alot about eating and weightlifting but I always seem to come out confused. :bang:

Would someone be willing to give me some good pointers on eating and weightlifting to get me started? Sorry for the long post and thank you for your feedback. Oh yeah, In my room I have a bench and weights. for weights I have 2 pairs of 10 pounds, a pair of two and a half pounds and a pair of 5 pounds. And a bar, I bought them a few years back.

Shao-LiN
02-08-2005, 10:59 PM
Eating recommendation: lots of food.

reesee
02-08-2005, 11:04 PM
I knew that lol. That will be tricky though seeing that I can get full on two bowls of cereal in the morning. I will have to plug my nose ant keep eating.