PDA

View Full Version : Cardio and Weights on same day.

Big_Gunz
02-10-2005, 05:58 AM
Lately I've been doing a 4 day traditional split and mixing it up by throwing in some cardio usually jogging on the treadmill between weight sets and then doing a big jog at the end of the workout probably usually between 3-4 miles each time. Do you think this is too much cardio to do on the same day as a weights day or is it ok to do both on the same day and mix it up, keep the body guessing.

AdmiralDan
02-10-2005, 06:08 AM
it is reccommneded by many to seperate cardio and weight workouts. i do them together becasue of time restraints. if you have the time i would say do cardio either on days you don't lift or give yourself a big break between lifting and cardio(like cardio in the morning and lift in the evening)

also, try using the serch function. this question has been answered several times

Big_Gunz
02-10-2005, 06:13 AM
Thank you that was indeed quite a helpful answer my good fellow. As for the search function, I applaud your suggestion and would note that the question did have a familiar ring as I typed it, as though my weightlifting brethren had perhaps typed it time and time again throughout history. One can only hope that the search function would be used more often by people seeking the answers to such questions as the afforementioned.