PDA

View Full Version : Well - I'm in high school still

LittleDudeSteve
02-10-2005, 08:07 AM
I was wondering if it was ok, or good, to eat a peanut butter and cheese sandwich for like a snack a couple hours into the day (I read it's better to have 6 little meals than to have 3 big ones), and one for lunch, wish some milk. What could I do better/differently to help my body more? Remember though, this is just for at school. Also, should I take a multi-mineral and a multi-vitamin, or just 1 or the other. Another thing, again, I've thought about having scambled eggs for breakfast every day, would that be good, or what can I add to them (or take out) to make it better for me?

Thanks much for your time

Steve

AdmiralDan
02-10-2005, 08:27 AM
read the sticky about what a bodybuilder eats in diet and nutrition. from there you can decide what you want to eat. make sure to get at least 1g or protein per pound of bodyweight

LittleDudeSteve
02-10-2005, 11:13 AM
Oh, well thanks brother. ;)

Double D
02-10-2005, 12:16 PM
I was wondering if it was ok, or good, to eat a peanut butter and cheese sandwich for like a snack a couple hours into the day (I read it's better to have 6 little meals than to have 3 big ones), and one for lunch, wish some milk. What could I do better/differently to help my body more? Remember though, this is just for at school. Also, should I take a multi-mineral and a multi-vitamin, or just 1 or the other. Another thing, again, I've thought about having scambled eggs for breakfast every day, would that be good, or what can I add to them (or take out) to make it better for me?

Thanks much for your time

Steve

Peanut butter and cheese togethor :drooling:
But ya, it is better to split the meals up into 6 smaller ones. That should be okay. The Peanut butter is a good source of fat, and the cheese has protein in it but unfortunately is also probably high in fat as well.

As far as i know a multivatamin and multimineral are the same thing, could be wrong. But its a good idea to take a multivitamin.

Scrambled eggs are excellent. Great source of protein and lots of it. If you want to make them more healthy you could have egg whites, or 2 whole eggs, 4 whites or any combination.

Biggest thing to make sure of is get 1 gram of protein per pound of bodyweight. If youre 150 ibs you need 150g of protein. If youre 200 you need 200g. :thumbup:

LittleDudeSteve
02-10-2005, 12:27 PM
Thanks

malkore
02-10-2005, 02:10 PM
Just wanted to clarify Double D's comment on peanut butter being a good fat source - ONLY if its natural peanut butter. Most of the big brands like Jiff and SKippy are loaded with sugar, salt, and trans-fats, which are arguably worse that saturated fat.

Look near the butter in the fridge section for natural peanut butter. Ingredients should be peanuts...and maybe salt. If the word 'hydrogenated' appears in the ingredients, don't eat it.