PDA

View Full Version : To full cant eat enough

CanadianLaxStar
02-10-2005, 12:14 PM
Im trying to eat around 3500 cals a day but i can only seem to get about 2500 cal a day and im full as hell. i do get like 200 grams of protien and about 120 grams of carbs and like 60 grams of fat and eating good food, but i cant seem to get enough, i guess i could take a wieght gainer but dont have any money for that for about a month or so??
any sugestions?

Rik-s
02-10-2005, 12:23 PM
Depends if your bulking or cutting, if either. If your bulking i'd say go milk, high in cals but with plenty of protien. Stick with 1% if your trying to limit your fat from it, somone said its easier to drink cals etc than eat them at times. So true.
If your cutting however i'd say stick extra some oats or peanut butter mixes in there, clean and calorie dense.

AdmiralDan
02-10-2005, 12:34 PM
Depends if your bulking or cutting, if either. If your bulking i'd say go milk, high in cals but with plenty of protien. Stick with 1% if your trying to limit your fat from it, somone said its easier to drink cals etc than eat them at times. So true.
If your cutting however i'd say stick extra some oats or peanut butter mixes in there, clean and calorie dense.

he is right. you may want to try a weight gainer(storebought or homemade) or a mrp

waynis
02-10-2005, 02:00 PM
I have the same problem. The key is to get up early. 7 or 8. And eat every 2.5 to 3 hours till bed time. My stomach got tiny from cutting last spring into summer and bulking into the fall and winter was tough getting all that food in.

JesseM
02-10-2005, 04:08 PM
Yeah go for a homemade weight gainer. The ones I make usually have some consists of these basic ingredients: milk, whey powder, pb, eggs, olive oil, cottage cheese, yogurt, ice cream, dry milk, bannanas and sometimes oats (although I find it easier just to eat oats by itself. I've been using the recipe suggested recently by I believe HanhB and its pretty tasty. There are plenty of others out there just use the search engine.

Optimum08
02-10-2005, 04:14 PM
you need to systematically increase your stomach volume by steadily eating (or drinking) more cals...but if your having trouble meeting cal requirements its easier drinking cals then eating them...go with a homemade weight gainer-type shake...

stufine
02-11-2005, 06:14 AM
What about eating nuts? They are very small portions and full o' calories.

malkore
02-11-2005, 09:35 AM
just watch the salt content of nuts.

also, if you're trying to bulk, your carbs are WAY too low. Bulking phases usually put you at 2-3g of carbs per pound of bodyweight...it doesn't even look like you're at 1g.

Vido
02-11-2005, 11:11 AM
Unsalted nuts, natty pb, olive oil

Adam
02-11-2005, 11:17 AM
also, if you're trying to bulk, your carbs are WAY too low. Bulking phases usually put you at 2-3g of carbs per pound of bodyweight...it doesn't even look like you're at 1g.

:withstupi
Bump your carbs up.....way up!

Anthony
02-11-2005, 11:31 AM
Two words: force feed.

crazedwombat
02-11-2005, 11:35 AM
^^^

just dont puke or you suffered for nothing, man I wish I could cut as easy as shoving it down.

Batman
02-11-2005, 04:57 PM
Yeah go for a homemade weight gainer. The ones I make usually have some consists of these basic ingredients: milk, whey powder, pb, eggs, olive oil, cottage cheese, yogurt, ice cream, dry milk, bannanas and sometimes oats (although I find it easier just to eat oats by itself. I've been using the recipe suggested recently by I believe HanhB and its pretty tasty. There are plenty of others out there just use the search engine.

I've also been using the recipe HahnB posted. It tastes awesome, and you can get over 1,000 calories and 60 g of protein easily and it goes down in less than a minute :)

Shark
02-11-2005, 05:00 PM
Wuss! Stuff your face. Do it now! Why did you even bother posting? You should take that time and go to the kitchen to eat.

getfit
02-11-2005, 05:01 PM
Wus! Stuff your face. Do it now! Why did you even bother posting? You should take that time and go to the kitchen to eat.
:withstupi

HahnB
02-11-2005, 07:22 PM

You're a wise man. Peanut butter is the key. You put 4 tbsps of peanut butter in that ****er and you wouldn't taste a half pound of limburger cheese if it was in there.

Vido
02-12-2005, 01:50 AM
Peanut butter is the key.

Agreed. You don't even need to put it in a shake; just start downing it by the spoonful.

JesseM
02-12-2005, 05:29 PM
You're a wise man. Peanut butter is the key. You put 4 tbsps of peanut butter in that ****er and you wouldn't taste a half pound of limburger cheese if it was in there.

Yeah thanks again for posting it, as your recipe/ratios seem much better than anything I had come up with in the past. PB represent!! I think the eggs add a nice flavor as well, but oh my am I a gassy individual. I feel sorry for those who come in contact with me. :cry:

Cardinal
02-12-2005, 07:04 PM
Take this with a grain of salt b/c I have a tremendous appetite. But try to get as many convenient dips, seasonings and toppings as you can in your diet. Make them healthy diet foods if you want or more liberal junk type foods as a last alternative.

Stuff like salsa, french onion dip, cream cheese, butter, syrup all the good stuff you can think about. Eat that with every meal essentially and pick really dense carb sources like bagels etc. to go with it. Again, how healthy or 'clean' you make those choices is up to you and your specific goals.

Usually it takes me more like 8000-9000 calories to really feel sated and comfortably full. But when I finally get to that point, I notice my proclivity is toward the most delectable foods I can think of to the point of wanting to avoid anything even remotely bland. Hence where my suggestion comes from.

GMCtrk
02-12-2005, 07:14 PM
eating is a chore, plan out when you will eat and then execute!

Eddan
02-13-2005, 11:20 AM
The easiest way to calories is imho tablespoons of olive oil. Have 2-3 with every meal, and you’re up a truckload of calories. I agree that you probably should eat more carbs though, but that is tougher.