PDA

View Full Version : caffeine intake

vvv
02-10-2005, 01:55 PM
What is the normal caffeine intake for a a normal person?
What amount should be taken without being at a risk of getting addicted to it?
Should caffeine be a part of the diet?
Thanks

jazer80
02-10-2005, 04:48 PM
if you are worried you'll become addicted to caffeine then you shouldn't take it. 'should' it be part of the diet? depends on many things. also for normal intake, do you mean what the average person takes, or should take, or what? i'm confused. caffeine will make you workout harder. also burn more fat. it will curb appetite and increase energy, which are good things sometimes and bad things other times.

i know you don't want to hear this because you just posted a huge open ended question like that, but you would do good to spend ten or twenty minutes poking around the search function looking at caffeine threads, and you'll get your answers and more.

Adam
02-10-2005, 07:16 PM
I guess the Caffeine Junkie will chime in;)

What is the normal caffeine intake for a a normal person? (zero? its not a question)
What amount should be taken without being at a risk of getting addicted to it? (I've never heard of any study the relates doseage to addiction. On occasion I have taken stupid big amounts. It actually made me not won't to take caffeine anymore. It felt like a hangover after 30mins)
Should caffeine be a part of the diet? (as stated by jazer that is an openended question. Do you NEED caffeine, no. )

jazer80
02-10-2005, 07:36 PM
ya i could type you a thousand words explaining the pros and cons and various uses, and how /when to use, but you could find those same words written by many different people on this site so i 'm not going to

Optimum08
02-10-2005, 07:59 PM
ya listen to adam...he is the caffeine junkie after all...and adam one night me and my friends (this was a while ago) decided to make a run to 7-11 to stock up on jolts (a soda with like the equivalent caffeine amount to like 2 pots of coffee) as well as some candy type things that were basically m&m's with extra caffeine...and needless to say i ate some of the candies and drank like half the jolt and felt like the worst hangover ever...so not a good idea haha...

Adam
02-10-2005, 08:05 PM
My max at once was 1000mg's. Now I look back and say WTF did I even try that.
Im a heavy cafeine user at 600mg workout doses.

Scott S
02-10-2005, 09:46 PM
I drink 4-5 cups of coffee every morning. With a little ephedrine, it kills my appetite dead. :)

getfit
02-11-2005, 02:22 AM
I guess the Caffeine Junkie will chime in;)

What is the normal caffeine intake for a a normal person? (zero? its not a question)
What amount should be taken without being at a risk of getting addicted to it? (I've never heard of any study the relates doseage to addiction. On occasion I have taken stupid big amounts. It actually made me not won't to take caffeine anymore. It felt like a hangover after 30mins)
Should caffeine be a part of the diet? (as stated by jazer that is an openended question. Do you NEED caffeine, no. )
:withstupi but i still need my dose ;)

Pitfan04
02-11-2005, 06:40 AM
I usually take 400mg to wake up if I feel tired. In coffee's I dont like normal coffee, I go to the coffee shop and get a Caramel Mochaccino with 2 esspresso shots in it. Each shot is like 2-3 cups, so that is about 6-7 cups of coffee. I love caffiene.