PDA

View Full Version : Water and sleep

Vitalize
02-10-2005, 02:24 PM
Probably a dumb question but...............Like everyone here, I drink a LOT of water everyday and I was wondering....because a (deep?) sleep is important for the body to repair itself and allow growth, does getting up twice nightly to visit the toilet interrupt this growth/repair process?

getfit
02-10-2005, 02:26 PM
i get up at least 6 to 8 times a night to go to bathroom but what can you do if you have to go!

Stupendous
02-10-2005, 02:44 PM
I'd think it would be better if you got an uninterrupted 8 hours of sleep.

I stop drinking water 2.5-3hrs (maybe couple sips here and there) before I plan to go to bed otherwise I'll wake up in the middle of the night to piss. And I absolutely hate waking up to pee.

no regrets
02-10-2005, 02:50 PM
I to try to stop drinking water a couple hours before bed if I can and I still get up at least once to use the restroom at night.

Nito
02-10-2005, 03:55 PM
wow getfit..

getfit
02-10-2005, 03:56 PM
wow getfit..
ya wow for getting up so many times that's why i can't sleep lol!

Vitalize
02-10-2005, 07:46 PM
6-7 TIMES!!!
Heh wow I cant beat that!
Getfit why dont you try what stupendous says and sip before bed?
Maybe this can help...unless you suffer from insomnia?

Optimum08
02-10-2005, 07:55 PM
haha getfit is doin some work drinkin all that water...i usually never have to get up in the middle of the night to pee...it ruins your sleep and sometimes u have to turn on the light to make sure u aren't peein on the floor and that just makes u wake up more...not a good thing...

truest
02-10-2005, 08:05 PM
so if you piss yourself you must be doin good right? i hope...lol jp

smalls
02-10-2005, 08:36 PM
I also wake up many times a night to pee, I use one of those times (around 4-5am) to drink a shake. Just depends on how much you drink/eat during the day. I think waking up to pee is better than being dehydrated, but I get back to sleep very easily.

JTyrell710
02-10-2005, 08:49 PM
haha getfit is doin some work drinkin all that water...i usually never have to get up in the middle of the night to pee...it ruins your sleep and sometimes u have to turn on the light to make sure u aren't peein on the floor and that just makes u wake up more...not a good thing...

you mean you don't piss by radar??
Just spray until you hear the sound of water, then stop and continue..
that being said,i try to drink as much water as a i can a few hours before bed so i get it all out before sleeptime. but i dont really think waking once or twice every now and then is a problem. if its routine, it might not be optimal, but no reason to stop drinking. ..water.

andy51
02-10-2005, 09:36 PM
Haha^

I never wake up I just renact the opening scene from Austin Powers every morning

Shao-LiN
02-10-2005, 09:43 PM
Probably a dumb question but...............Like everyone here, I drink a LOT of water everyday and I was wondering....because a (deep?) sleep is important for the body to repair itself and allow growth, does getting up twice nightly to visit the toilet interrupt this growth/repair process?

It is definately better to get a long, uninterrupted sleep, since the point is to enter REM sleep which only occurs after a few straight hours or so, don't quite remember. In any event, if you have problems getting up all the time to pee, simply don't drink for like 2 hours before you go to sleep, usually helps me.

getfit
02-11-2005, 02:10 AM
6-7 TIMES!!!
Heh wow I cant beat that!
Getfit why dont you try what stupendous says and sip before bed?
Maybe this can help...unless you suffer from insomnia?
yes i do suffer from insomnia :cry:

Vitalize
02-11-2005, 08:23 PM
I feel for ya bro

ozzyman
02-12-2005, 12:01 PM
If you're waking up in the middle of the night make sure you intake some protien..... any protien you eat before you went to bed is gone by half through the night...... other than that stop drinking 3 hours before bed.....

Rik-s
02-12-2005, 01:56 PM
yes i do suffer from insomnia :cry:
Sorry to hear that is it a permenant condition? I get bouts of it about 2-3 times per year for about 2-3 week periods. Cant stand it. You got my sympathy on that 1...as does anyone with it :(

getfit
02-12-2005, 02:01 PM
i've had insomnia for about 10 yrs i'm about the same as you it usually lasts 3-4 weeks it's hard i find myself falling into comas i can sleep half the day sometimes!

briancurran01
02-12-2005, 02:53 PM
I feel for ya bro

uh...getfit is a female...so i guess she would be a broette...not a bro :)

rofl
02-12-2005, 09:04 PM
Jesus who cares about the muscle repair... waking up that many times a night would make me go insane. But yeah, that does distrupt the repair process; you're not resting when you're getting up to go to the can ;)

Vitalize
02-13-2005, 09:17 PM
Soz I apologize"Bro-ette" it is.
There is always interesting articals in Musule and Fitness magazine etc...about how Jay cutler et al always INSIST that no less than 8 hours UNINTERUPPTED sleep will do.
Yet they always say they wake in the night to down extra protien sources???
Confusing no?

spencerjrus
02-14-2005, 02:14 AM
I get up 2-3 times a night to piss and I barely drink a gallon a day.

Praetorian
02-14-2005, 02:20 AM
I use water as my 'alarms-clock', and I'm proud to say that I've perfectionated this. Whenever I want to wake up after 7hours, I drink 1litre of water 20min before bed time, and take a piss right before going to bed. This way I wake up exactly 7 hours after I went to sleep. Changing the dose of the water and time before sleeping I can regulate when I want to get up. My bladder and I have this great relationship going on, he takes care of my needs :hump: and I take care of his.

crazedwombat
02-14-2005, 07:25 AM
sometimes I get up at night but its rare. I usually drink right up to going to bed but when I wake up, if I dont go quick, there would be a mess. but I go a lot during the day

dissipate
02-14-2005, 07:29 AM
yeah i hate waking up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom as well. and i'm usually feeling so hungry when i wake up too! i usually get up only once to use the bathroom but i'd much rather sleep right through instead (and hopefully not wet my bed).

JSully
02-14-2005, 07:32 AM
I use water as my 'alarms-clock', and I'm proud to say that I've perfectionated this. Whenever I want to wake up after 7hours, I drink 1litre of water 20min before bed time, and take a piss right before going to bed. This way I wake up exactly 7 hours after I went to sleep. Changing the dose of the water and time before sleeping I can regulate when I want to get up. My bladder and I have this great relationship going on, he takes care of my needs :hump: and I take care of his.

LMAO.

I hardly ever wake up to go. The only time I'll wake up to go is if I down a huge glass before bedtime. But the sh1tty thing is that I'll hafta get up about an hour and a half before I need to get up. Then I look at the clock and realize "only another hour and a half, dammit!"