PDA

View Full Version : Always starving.

WILLGETNICE
02-11-2005, 06:46 PM
I've been on a strict diet and have seen great results thus far. I really wish I had started a journal and taken before and current pics. Over the past 4 months I've gained 12 pounds and have remained pretty lean. The only thing is I can't take it anymore I'm always starving. I'll finish a meal and immediately want to hit the fridge.

Anything you guys do to stop being hungry all the time? Here's my diet, maybe you could give me some advice to change somethin about it so it won't leave me as hungry.

Breakfast: Oatmeal and Banana
Post Workout: Myoplex, Banana, 3 raw eggs
Lunch: Chicken Kebob w/ veggies or Chicken burrito w/ black beans and rice
Meal 4: 3 egg whites, 2 whole eggs, fruit salad
Dinner: 5 oz. chicken, rice or potato, veggies
Before bed: Banana raspberry smoothie w/ whole milk and 1 scoop whey

Anthony
02-11-2005, 06:50 PM
Anything you guys do to stop being hungry all the time?

I eat more. :hello:

getfit
02-11-2005, 07:07 PM
I eat more. :hello:
:withstupi

AdmiralDan
02-11-2005, 07:48 PM
eat more fiberous vegatables(broccli, spinach, etc.) and try to add some fats to your diet. i find that these help. also drinking lots of water helps a bit

Vido
02-12-2005, 01:48 AM
Some people are just more hungry than others by nature. That being said, your problem is most likely a lack of fat. In terms of satiety effects, you're looking at something like this:

fat > protein >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> carbs

One quick comment on the diet as well. You need some protein in your first meal of the day.

abwowang
02-12-2005, 09:54 AM
eat slower..
chug water.. and i mean CHUG it.. drink so much of it in one gulp that ur so bloated u cant stand up straight.. u wont wanna eat anything for awhile.. trust me.

no regrets
02-12-2005, 10:00 AM
I agree, drinking a bunch of water in between meals tends to keep me feeling full longer.

WILLGETNICE
02-12-2005, 10:13 AM
I usually drink about a gallon and a half of water a day. Should I be drinking more?

Canadian Crippler
02-12-2005, 10:35 AM
No that seems fine.

T_Chapman
02-12-2005, 03:07 PM
just eat more. you probably got big abs. bigger your ab muscles the more you can eat.

abwowang
02-12-2005, 03:40 PM
really?
that true?
i never heard that

Double D
02-12-2005, 03:49 PM
Are you trying to bulk??? If you 're trying to bulk you shouldnt be hungry. Try eating more, and throw in a bit of cardio to stay lean in teh process, but dont overdo it as it will takeaway from you're gains.

ReelBigFish
02-12-2005, 05:40 PM
Breakfast: Oatmeal and Banana LOSE THE BANANA AND HAVE A BUNCH OF EGG WHITES
Post Workout: Myoplex, Banana, 3 raw eggs
Lunch: Chicken Kebob w/ veggies or Chicken burrito w/ black beans and rice
Meal 4: 3 egg whites, 2 whole eggs, fruit salad LOSE THE FRUIT AND HAVE SOMETHING MORE FILLING LIKE OATS.
Dinner: 5 oz. chicken, rice or potato, veggies POTATO WOULD PROB. BE MORE FILLING
Before bed: Banana raspberry smoothie w/ whole milk and 1 scoop whey HAVE SOME COTTAGE CHEESE AND PB.

Cardinal
02-12-2005, 07:18 PM
When I am dieting I like to keep a bunch of cauliflower onhand. When I get ravenously hungry in the evenings, I will just eat one or two large heads of cauliflower as a snack. That will usually tide me over for an hour or two and get me through the worst of it.

I also always keep nicotine gum and nicotine patches onhand. Ephedrine if I am really desperate in the mornings and need to think about something other than food. Bromocriptine has its place as well.

Keep liter bottle with you at all times to mix sweetened shakes of fiber protein and water. Keep large two liter bottles of diet soda and sugar free gum within reach.

Protein will give you the greatest degree of satiety of all macros. Try a diet like Dogg Crap's plan where you ingest minimum of 400-500 grams protein a day. Try to get from whole food sources. Many people on said diet complain of feeling too full. This is also one of the better ways to limit fat gain on a bulk imo.

How many calories are you bulking on? Results seem to be rather excellent over time.

rofl
02-12-2005, 09:09 PM
Your best bet is water. If you drink enough, you definitely won't be going for the fridge. I just go down to Safeway every morning and get a gallon jug to carry around with me. People think I'm badass :thumbup:

T_Chapman
02-13-2005, 04:03 PM
really?
that true?
i never heard that

yes. big ab muscles = big appetite.

Vido
02-13-2005, 04:10 PM

:rolleyes:

Dirt
02-13-2005, 04:13 PM

I have large abs and my appetite is pathetic. There isn't any correlation between large abs and appetite. :windup:

getfit
02-13-2005, 04:14 PM
how about big appetite +lifting=big muscles

SDhick
02-13-2005, 10:54 PM
how about big appetite +lifting=big muscles
word

Optimum08
02-13-2005, 11:29 PM
eat more....up your protein intake from your current state...being hungry sucks so stop being hungry...

dissipate
02-14-2005, 07:32 AM
oats help to fill you up as well.

malkore
02-14-2005, 02:16 PM
hard to recommend much since you don't mention Male or Female, your height/weight, and what your goals are.
I'd say you're not eating enough protein...and possibly not enough in general.

T_Chapman
02-14-2005, 04:35 PM
I have large abs and my appetite is pathetic. There isn't any correlation between large abs and appetite. :windup:

i mean ab muscles (does not mean beer belly hehe). it also differs depending on how "large" your abs really are. you may think you have big abs just because you dont have much fat in that area and hence you see a six pack. visibility of six pack does not always equate to "big abs."

the two areas i have the most muscles are my calves and abs. i could eat more than any of my fat friends in one sitting - two dozen krispy kremes donuts. my friends could only eat about half and they weigh more than me and have a huge belly.

after i got tendonitis i lost muscles everywhere except my ab muscle and calves (strangely... i guess im just genetically gifted in those two areas though i wish i was more genetically gifted in the chest/tri department). i lost thirty pounds of muscle in 6 months of doing nada due to the tendonitis but i still eat like a bear. my dad does not have much ab muscles so he eats nowhere the amount of food i can.

JustinASU
02-14-2005, 04:39 PM
i mean ab muscles (does not mean beer belly hehe). it also differs depending on how "large" your abs really are. you may think you have big abs just because you dont have much fat in that area and hence you see a six pack. visibility of six pack does not always equate to "big abs."

the two areas i have the most muscles are my calves and abs. i could eat more than any of my fat friends in one sitting - two dozen krispy kremes donuts. my friends could only eat about half and they weigh more than me and have a huge belly.

after i got tendonitis i lost muscles everywhere except my ab muscle and calves (strangely... i guess im just genetically gifted in those two areas though i wish i was more genetically gifted in the chest/tri department). i lost thirty pounds of muscle in 6 months of doing nada due to the tendonitis but i still eat like a bear. my dad does not have much ab muscles so he eats nowhere the amount of food i can.

I dont know where you heard this steaming pile of sh!t, but it's not true.

GEOFF361
02-14-2005, 04:45 PM
how could your abdominal muscles possably have anything to do with how your lower intestines digest food??

Vido
02-14-2005, 04:47 PM
how could your abdominal muscles possably have anything to do with how your lower intestines digest food??

They don't. The guy is spun.

getfit
02-14-2005, 04:52 PM

:bang:

Jasonl
02-14-2005, 04:58 PM
:bang:
:withstupi

T_Chapman
02-14-2005, 05:07 PM
I dont know where you heard this steaming pile of sh!t, but it's not true.

look at the hot dog champion in the u.s. hes the skinniest guy on the competition but he has ab muscles. they say that ab muscles allows the belly to stretch more than just a pot belly and that is why the guy could stuff himself so well.

Vido
02-14-2005, 05:08 PM
look at the hot dog champion in the u.s. hes the skinniest guy on the competition but he has ab muscles. they say that ab muscles allows the belly to stretch more than just a pot belly and that is why the guy could stuff himself so well.

Wow, with all this anecdotal evidence (yourself eating Krispy Kremes and the hog dog champion) you sure are making a convincing argument :rolleyes:.

PizDoff
02-14-2005, 05:16 PM
Back on track....

eat more fiberous vegatables(broccli, spinach, etc.) and try to add some fats to your diet. i find that these help. also drinking lots of water helps a bit

Celery also!

Jasonl
02-14-2005, 06:16 PM
One of the running theories is that he doesn't have much fat to stop his stomach from expanding like many of the other fat ****s who do that competion.