PDA

View Full Version : ud2 carb up question?

akomabutisakama
02-12-2005, 12:45 PM
would cookies be ok for one meal on carb ups because i cant seem to get the 950 carbs i need. The rest of the day will be clean foods (oats and brown rice)

Shao-LiN
02-12-2005, 01:06 PM
Suppose they would be fine, but you should be aware of the fat content. I'm unsure of the fat content of the cookies you plan to eat, but just be mindful of it. In any event, oats and brown rice are no fun! Go to town. I think I ate pasta, lucky charms, white rice, smoothies, etc. Single greatest day of the week =).

briancurran01
02-12-2005, 01:09 PM
950 calories on a ud2 carb up?? which carb up day is this in the carb up? the first day should be 12-14 x your lbm...the second should be 5-6 times lbm and the third day should be 3 to 4 times lbm

edit: lol i meant carbs wrote calories but meant carbs.

SilverSonic
02-12-2005, 01:09 PM
Yes, but like Shao-lin said be mindful of the fat... You can do a really boring carb up like me (wholemeal bread only) or pizzas and crap like Lyle McDonald suggested in his book, which dont give as good a carb-up but do the job

TheGimp
02-12-2005, 01:16 PM
Low fat cookies would be best, but even then the sucrose content is not ideal. Depends how anal you want to be about things. Personally I found a noticable improvement in the power workout when conducting a clean(er) carb load.

briancurran01, I would guess he means 950g of carbs not calories.

Shao-LiN
02-12-2005, 01:20 PM
He said carbs, not calories. So yes, he meant carbs =P.

akomabutisakama
02-12-2005, 01:29 PM
alright thanks yes i will be getting no or low fat cookies whatever i can find

EdgarMex
02-12-2005, 01:43 PM
fat free frozen yogurt or ice cream are great on the carb load day

briancurran01
02-12-2005, 01:45 PM
bagels are very good for the carb up day that is what i use...4 big bagels.

and lots of brown rice. at least that is what i am doing for my carb up

Double D
02-12-2005, 04:00 PM
I agree, bagels are excellent. I used to eat 8 or more on a carb up.

If you're having trouble eating enough on the carb up eat foods that are not so filling. Maybe drink some MRP's or something high in carbs that wont fill you up as much as whole food.

Also pasta is a great food for carb up cuz its HIGH in carbs for a small amount. You can even buy whole wheat pasta if you wanna stay clean.

As for cookies, i guess they are good, but most have lots of fat and sugar, not very clean. Depending on what type you get they are super high cal 12 subway cookies has 2,600 cals.

Shao-LiN
02-12-2005, 05:01 PM
From what Lyle suggests, you should start the carb up with some high GI/liquid carbs and gradually work towards more grainy carbs such as pasts, rice, bagels, etc.

Vido
02-13-2005, 04:04 AM
"Clean" carb-ups (ie., minimal fat) produce the best results. However, I've found that all-out binges don't take much away from the results. The key part of the diet is the low-cal phase; I personally think it's pretty difficult to screw up the refeed...unless you don't eat ENOUGH.