PDA

View Full Version : fast food?

GEOFF361
02-12-2005, 04:58 PM
i am a full time student and end up eating alot of fast food, what am i better off getting if i Have to eat fast food. sometimes i feel i need protein and get a double quarter punder, or i feel i dont want all that bad food and i get a salad? of all that ****, whut am i better off getting, im trying to gain muscle, but i dont wanna get fat either

Shao-LiN
02-12-2005, 05:02 PM
Grilled chicken sandwiches and maybe a side of salad if you really have to. I found it cheaper and easier to just make my food in the morning or the night before and haul it with me in some tupperware in my backpack.

AdmiralDan
02-12-2005, 06:02 PM
i agree with shao, making food on your own is best but there are somewhat healthy choices at fast food joints, like grilled chicken sandwiches, wendy's chili is decent, subway is usually a decent choice too

SW
02-12-2005, 06:22 PM
Subway is expensive but nutricious as far as fast food goes.

Optimum08
02-12-2005, 06:50 PM
making lunches would be a lot more cost efficient...but if u have to eat fast food...grilled chicken is the best choice....

rofl
02-12-2005, 09:01 PM
Yeah I hate to just repeat what everyone else is saying, but if you're really pressed for time just take the extra ten minutes in the morning to make yourself a lunch. Fast food is really not gonna help you, cause whatever nutritional value in their beef and chicken is largely lost in the processing and the cooking. Distributors often give these fast food joints a lower grade of beef and chicken because it's cheaper for them to buy that in bulk.

GEOFF361
02-12-2005, 10:30 PM
:drooling: yah, i kinda thought i should start packing my own food, thanks for the advice. i am gonna go to the grocery store tommorow and buy some turkey and wheat bread!

GEOFF361
02-12-2005, 10:32 PM
woops, i meant to ask if anyone had a good idea of what to pack besides like a turkey sandwich or a peanut butter and banana sandwich.

rofl
02-12-2005, 11:16 PM
Peanut butter and banana is awesome. But if you can find canned fish, that stuff is high in protein although it's got a lot of saturated fat as well and it's kinda nasty. Tuna fish is alright but make sure you keep it separate from the bread till it's time to eat ;)

One sandwich that's really good is chicken breast, pickles, and tomatoes or ketchup if your diet allows it. It's good cold, too. And if you can find some lean roast beef, that's always good. But like I said, I don't know what your diet is gonna allow so you'll have to ultimately decide for yourself

AdmiralDan
02-13-2005, 06:38 AM
there is a sticky called "what a bodybuilder eats" in the diet and nutrition forum. you can take some of those foods with you and they will help

waynis
02-13-2005, 10:16 AM
Pack your own food, it's the only way.

malkore
02-14-2005, 02:20 PM
white albacore tuna - great for you, and not as 'fishy' as chunk light tuna
potatoes
sweet potatoes
whole grain bread...so grainy, you can see seeds in it!
brown rice
wild rice
black/red/kidney beans
any vegetable
any fruit
cook several chicken breasts at once, say 2-3 days worth. get gladware or ziploc 'cheap' tupperware, and prep your meals for 2-3 days, all at once. it only takes 10 mins, and saves so much time. You won't have the excuse to not eat right because you don't have the time.
canned chicken is ok too, but make sure it's breast meat. if it doesn't say 'breast meat' it's mostly dark meat and much higer in fat

JTyrell710
02-14-2005, 02:46 PM
chicken selects baby.

Vitalize
02-14-2005, 04:31 PM
watch the film "Supersize me" and you wont touch that **** again