PDA

View Full Version : Lower Back Pain

HahnB
02-13-2005, 05:43 PM
My lower back aches whenever I do basic activities. Today I got some rubber mats for my gym, I was laying them out and 15 minutes later my back is killing me. I tried shoveling snow last week, forget about it. I could only stay hunched over for 5 seconds at a time after about 5 minutes of work. It's not really a "pain", just the muscles that run along my spine are exhausted/aching at my lower back. I do deadlifts regulary, so I don't believe the muscles there are particulary weak. Does anybody else suffer from this?

getfit
02-13-2005, 05:51 PM
funny thing but i get those aches usually when i'm stressed from work! even carrying shopping bags or just going for a walk the pain strikes me! i take a hot bath and it helps a little!

HahnB
02-13-2005, 07:07 PM
Yea I do that sometimes as well, it helps a lot. I need a personal massuse:)

GMCtrk
02-13-2005, 07:10 PM
maybe you have injured yourself doing deadlifts.

But the problem does not seem normal. Only time my back hurts is today I can't even got my socks on my back is so sore from deadlifting, but that's what happens when you pull till you cant pull no more :)

waynis
02-13-2005, 08:16 PM
do you do back extensions at all? dead lifts can hurt your back sometimes.

Davor
02-14-2005, 12:23 AM
Hahn i have exactly what you have. and it is not from lifting weights.

do stretches for your lower back and spine, a yoga class would be awesome for that but if you cant go, just do some stretches in the morning, before bed and any other time.

ectx
02-14-2005, 03:14 PM
Hahn, if you're on cycle right now that may be the reason. Hope you feel better.

ReturnedFire
02-16-2005, 08:33 PM
my lower back always gets sore when i wash dishes.

waynis
02-16-2005, 08:38 PM
my back hurts the worst when i'am working on a car engine.

CBrons
02-16-2005, 09:00 PM
see your doctor or a chiro about it. Back pain shouldn't go unchecked if your a body builder. If it's spinal related, you could possibly end up pinching a nerve and experiencing extreme pain that will spread throughout the body. Id be a little paranoid about this. Of

TTT
02-16-2005, 09:45 PM
I have the same thing. You might be overworking yourself with all the deadlifts. I've only experienced this this week, and I've done an abnormal amount of exercise this week.

HahnB
02-17-2005, 01:44 AM
Hahn, if you're on cycle right now that may be the reason. Hope you feel better.

Ya I am that may have something to do with it. A few days ago it was killing me during a back/bicep workout and I didn't even do bb rows or deadlifts that day. Just constantly bending over to get weights, adjusting the bench and the workout in general aggrivated it. I have to do deadlifts first, and no deadlifts and bb rows on the same day :mad: Maybe I'll have go to the doc if it starts to be a real problem.

rgriffin
02-21-2005, 04:12 PM
You ever tried an inversion table. I used to have bad lower back pain and it helped a little. Or if you are brave, get those leg thingies that Deuce Bigalow had and hang upside down. It really streches out the lower back. Just a suggestion.... lower back pain really sucks and any relief is godsend.

Frankster
02-21-2005, 04:55 PM
I get that sometimes too.. I'm thinking it's just because I'm not fully recovered from a squat or deadlift session... samthing as you.. shoveling snow or stuff like that. It really just seems muscular not spinal problem (mine, the way it feels at least).