PDA

View Full Version : Your HIIT results?

iLUDEd
02-14-2005, 12:11 AM
everybody on the forum (well, most) seem to preach the HIIT cardio training method for fat loss, so im a little curious as to what results it has yielded for you all, if you could answer the following, it would be much apreciated :)

pre-HIIT bodyweight & bf%:
post-HIIT bodyweight & bf%:
intervals you used/frequency: eg. 15sec sprint/40sec walk (20 times), 3x a week
daily calorie intake:
how many weeks did you use HIIT in this timeframe:

dissipate
02-14-2005, 07:23 AM
er i change my HIIT intervals quite often and i don't measure my pre and post bodyweight and bf% so.. sorry i can't help you here. you can see what i've been doing in my journal and i've been doing HIIT for about 6-7 months now i think. i quite like it and i think i got the most results (melting of bodyfat) from it.

SilverSonic
02-14-2005, 10:09 AM
No measurements either, but my RHR went down 25%

Fat ripped off at first, but afterwards started to plateu, even though my performance was advancing

My HIIT

30 minutes long

Intervals of 1 minute

Alternating between 20kph and 10kph

Sometimes i bring the top speed down, maybe do a few more intervals

Best results are doing this maybe every 5-8 days IMO

I started doing it every 2nd day, and became overtrained (but did not realise it for a long time)

Vido
02-14-2005, 01:34 PM
iLUDEd, I don't think anyone is going to be able to answer your question. You're treating HIIT like it's some kind of program, like HST, 5 x 5, Max-OT, etc.

I think most people that do HIIT do it year-round, not just while cutting.

iLUDEd
02-15-2005, 10:12 AM
maybe i should have re-worded the question, just trying to get a general feel on what kind of results people get from using HIIT, as i've seen a heap of threads about HIIT saying how good it works, i didnt see many posts on what kind of results (stat wise; bf% loss) it gave them.

Vido
02-15-2005, 01:42 PM
maybe i should have re-worded the question, just trying to get a general feel on what kind of results people get from using HIIT, as i've seen a heap of threads about HIIT saying how good it works, i didnt see many posts on what kind of results (stat wise; bf% loss) it gave them.

That's my point though. I use HIIT while I'm cutting OR bulking, and I see no reason not to; the HIIT itself has NOTHING to do with my physique, it all depends on diet. Sure, HIIT can be very useful on a cut, but I don't think it's possible to determine how much bodyfat loss can be directly attributed to the cardio itself.

iLUDEd
02-16-2005, 09:11 AM
lol, thats why i asked for their calorie intake

maybe i should google it and see if there are any studies online somewhere that use 2 groups, same calorie deficit/surplus, but one group using regular cardio, and another using HIIT cardio.

mikren
02-16-2005, 03:30 PM
http://www.exrx.net/FatLoss/HIITvsET.html

dissipate
02-16-2005, 08:02 PM
interesting study! there are some parts i don't understand though:

"25 continuous sessions; half completed before week 5
Week 5-20: 19 long & 16 short interval sessions"

continuous sessions meaning long intervals followed by short intervals?

25 sessions half completed before week 5 meaning about 13 sessions in 5 weeks?

HRR is maximum heart rate?

"60% of max output in 10 seconds & 70% of max output in 90 seconds; increasing 5% every 3 weeks"

what does this max output in X seconds mean? the length of the interval or the time it took them to reach that speed?