PDA

View Full Version : Calories in, Calories Out

Hopetobefit
02-14-2005, 07:39 PM
Well today was the first day for my new diet, and I have to say it went pretty well. My bodyweight is 230 so I multiplied that times 12 and got 2760 as how many calories I should take to lose. I read that I could reduce that by 300 or so. Today I found www.fitday.com website and began inputing my foods for today and activites etc. With the foods I put in I ate around 2400 calories or so (heard 300 less was okay when cutting). I put in my activies for today, which include:50 minute chest workout, running stairs for 20 minutes, and a 1 mile jog. After I put in all the activites I got a number of 4787 burnt calories for today. There was 2282 basal calories. 1396 by my lifestyle, and 1109 by my activites. I was wondering if the total burnt calories seemed about right or if it seemed high? I found the diet not as bad as I thought it would be. I think I can stick to this for a while to come, but man I will love it when it is bulking time.=P

AdmiralDan
02-14-2005, 09:16 PM
i told you this once before. the times 12 is for cutting. give it a try before you reduce the calories. my bodyweight is 180-185 and i eat between 24-2600 calories a day and i'm cutting. try the 2760 for a week or two before you reduce it any.

as far as your question, what is your lifestyle like?

Shao-LiN
02-14-2005, 10:01 PM
Well today was the first day for my new diet, and I have to say it went pretty well. My bodyweight is 230 so I multiplied that times 12 and got 2760 as how many calories I should take to lose. I read that I could reduce that by 300 or so. Today I found www.fitday.com website and began inputing my foods for today and activites etc. With the foods I put in I ate around 2400 calories or so (heard 300 less was okay when cutting). I put in my activies for today, which include:50 minute chest workout, running stairs for 20 minutes, and a 1 mile jog. After I put in all the activites I got a number of 4787 burnt calories for today. There was 2282 basal calories. 1396 by my lifestyle, and 1109 by my activites. I was wondering if the total burnt calories seemed about right or if it seemed high? I found the diet not as bad as I thought it would be. I think I can stick to this for a while to come, but man I will love it when it is bulking time.=P

The "formula" is just a guideline. You will be adjusting it as the diet progresses to meet your goals. Don't start adjusting it before you know how your body reacts.

Hopetobefit
02-15-2005, 06:04 AM
I would say I have a moderately active lifestyle. I mean that is after school is over at 3:00. From then on I am doing workouts, cardio, walking home from school, playing with friends and/or little brother, things of that nature. Okay I will try and hit 2700 per day. I was just wondering because I hit 2400 and wasn't hungry anymore.

crazedwombat
02-15-2005, 06:58 AM
my maintain is 3800 cals a day (250) and I'm cutting but I'm at around 2700 cals a day for my cut since I sit in front of a comp at work or school and only get to work out 3 times a week but * 12 would be 3000 so I had to adjust...just listen to your body and give it time to work.

Holto
02-15-2005, 08:55 AM
I was just wondering because I hit 2400 and wasn't hungry anymore.

you weren't hungry on that day

but if you hit that for several days in a row you might be dying of hunger