PDA

View Full Version : Terrible Gas :-(

meister
02-14-2005, 08:12 PM
Since I have started wolfing down food and eating a TON of protein, I have had terrible gas.

I am not eating bad good, just lots of everything and LOTS of protein. My gas stinks and I cant stop passing gas....especially in the evenings.

I know it is a funny and gross topic but I need help :-(

emjlr3
02-14-2005, 08:14 PM
join the club

meister
02-14-2005, 08:15 PM
People around me want to die...and the women, they do not appreciate it

KiwiBuilder
02-14-2005, 08:16 PM
:evillaugh Yup, what a club it is!

Vido
02-14-2005, 08:16 PM
This is where the #1 supplement on the market imho comes in: ginger root. As far as I'm concerned, this gets put ahead of protein powder, creatine, and EC stacks on the list of top supps.

T_Chapman
02-14-2005, 08:17 PM
join the club

seriously. i pass gas hardcore. i tried taking in more fiber and even took beano. nothing helped. i guess its just one of the cons of the sport.

T_Chapman
02-14-2005, 08:17 PM
This is where the #1 supplement on the market imho comes in: ginger root. As far as I'm concerned, this gets put ahead of protein powder, creatine, and EC stacks on the list of top supps.

i might have to try this.

manowar669
02-14-2005, 08:48 PM
Yeah, I was in that club (still an honorary member). I once cleared a smoke-filled bar with my ass-fumes. I don't have that problem much anymore. I played around with my diet, and switched whey proteins. I think what did it for me was not eating too many egg yolks. In fact I rarely eat the yolks anymore. I also switched whey protein to a cheap whey concentrate (it was on sale, I tried it, and noticed no gas on the days when I took my PWO shake, which normally was brutal). I still have days, but MUCH rarer now.
Try omitting one thing from your diet at a time, and see if anything makes a difference. I know I'm much happier, and so are my co-workers.

AdmiralDan
02-14-2005, 08:59 PM
the only one who can put up with mine is my girlfriend and only because she has a cold and can't smell anything

Patz
02-14-2005, 09:00 PM
My gas problem lies in my cup of raw oats in my shake. Otherwise, I don't have much more than normal.

pbsteve09
02-14-2005, 09:05 PM
supposedly this stuff called Gas-X works really well, i was going to give it a try sometime.

Stupendous
02-15-2005, 12:24 AM
Yeah mine are really bad. I've almost made myself leave my desk quite a few times. I think the fart smell has become permanent in my pants, too.

spencerjrus
02-15-2005, 12:30 PM
Tweaking your diet I'm sure this can be prevented.

Vido
02-15-2005, 01:43 PM
Tweaking your diet I'm sure this can be prevented.

If you're pounding down protein, it won't be prevented.

muscle chic
02-15-2005, 01:47 PM
lol to this thread!!Yup it's the one thing that sucks about taking in some much protein!! smelly gas!!

darius19
02-15-2005, 01:52 PM
Ahhh....I know how you feel my friends call me fiber boy now lol

gino
02-15-2005, 01:55 PM
As long as you're not sharting, don't worry about it.

Guido
02-15-2005, 03:30 PM
lol @ Gino Yeah my wife hates it when I fart around her, though I doubt most wives actually ENJOY it. It can kind of hurt the mood sometimes, too, if ya know what I mean. :fart: :moon: At least I know I'm not the only one around here with the problem.

no regrets
02-15-2005, 03:32 PM
haha, I have/had the same problem when I upped my protein considerably. My body has gotten more adjusted to it so my gas is not as frequent as it had been but when it comes around boy does it stink.

Canadian Crippler
02-15-2005, 05:29 PM
Farting rules!

SDhick
02-15-2005, 09:24 PM
ROTFLMFAO :fart: I cleard the fish tank area in wal-mart one time, I said everyone run! there's a fart chasing me.

NormanNormal
02-15-2005, 09:27 PM
I remember when I started taking n-large2 mine were HORRENDOUS

Shao-LiN
02-15-2005, 09:33 PM
Sucks when the music in my laboratory goes off. It's like my arse uses auditory cues, or the lack therof, to begin the farting process.

JesseM
02-16-2005, 07:36 AM
I love to fart while driving with my girlfriend in the car, I lock the windows and she can't escape. Seriously though eggs are the best for this, so good I sometimes forget whether I eat them for the farts or for the great protien.

eddie500
02-17-2005, 09:13 AM
The worst is when you have to hold this in for long durations! Like when you just met a girl and are alone with her in a room. After a while it really kills your stomach.. anyone experience this?

Big Bas
02-17-2005, 12:41 PM
I love to fart while driving with my girlfriend in the car, I lock the windows and she can't escape. Seriously though eggs are the best for this, so good I sometimes forget whether I eat them for the farts or for the great protien.
after locking the windows, you should turn your cars heater on full blast, but make sure to use the feature that recirculates the air within ur car.... its like sauteeing your passenger in fart

Reinvented
02-17-2005, 12:58 PM
dude, my gas is so f!!cking bad that i have ruined my computer chair by farting into the fabric all the time. Last night was just awful, the whole house stunk something fierce. Even my cat who likes the smell of **** walked past me with a look of disgust on his face.

I kid you not, the more protein powder, oatmeal , brocolli, eggs, etc that i eat, the worse it gets. When i ate like a hog and ate alot of crap i would get bear farts, but they pale in comparison to what goes through me now.

I have to do cardio outdoors, b/c no one at the gym runs beside me for very long, and lets be honest, you can't hide a mushroom cloud from exiting your@ss

its a major con as far as i am concerned. my gf bought me a pillow for my computer chair , i think it was a gag, called gas be gone or some foolhardy thing, i ruined it in two weeks.

Guido
02-17-2005, 01:24 PM
dude, my gas is so f!!cking bad that i have ruined my computer chair by farting into the fabric all the time.I hear ya. I literally burned a hole through mine. My co-workers got me a tube that I routed outside through the window. I've thought about running it into one of the ventilation ducts just for fun, but then I thought about it and want to keep my job.

The government should forget the whole "shock and awe" thing and just gather all the bodybuilders and powerlifters and send them over to whatever country so we could use our "chemical warfare". Then again, it might be against Geneva Conventions.

Reinvented
02-17-2005, 01:48 PM
I hear ya. I literally burned a hole through mine. My co-workers got me a tube that I routed outside through the window. I've thought about running it into one of the ventilation ducts just for fun, but then I thought about it and want to keep my job.

The government should forget the whole "shock and awe" thing and just gather all the bodybuilders and powerlifters and send them over to whatever country so we could use our "chemical warfare". Then again, it might be against Geneva Conventions.

unfortunately for me i have always been a bit gaseous..... when i was a kid i would fart and laugh, and my mom would tell me i could provide power to a small nation hahahha....

and when i was really young, i was in band, and sat in the front row playing the clarinet, we put on a performance for the parents, well i farted something fierce, just as the conductor put the wand down to start the first note, being kids, the whole band miscued and made awfull sounds with their instruments, we all sucked anyways and the squeeks and squeels coming from out instruments were like nails on a chalkboard, and although my band teacher had no clue who let one rip, the whole band got off stage b/c of the smell and we had to restart the performance. Boy was our teacher pissed, but man at 8 years old it was one of the funniest things i had witnessed at that age.

Vido
02-17-2005, 03:31 PM
dude, my gas is so f!!cking bad that i have ruined my computer chair by farting into the fabric all the time.

lol, I did the same thing in first year university...this was before I discovered ginger.

[[[----]]]
02-17-2005, 03:37 PM
lol, yeah i hate it when i gotta hold one in during class! lol. My stomach starts to hurt real bad, and i look at the clock like every 2 seconds !!! Oh well. My girlfriend doesn't like it either. I think she said she was going to buy me beano.

[[[----]]]
02-17-2005, 03:38 PM
By the way, whats the ginger root all about? Is it in pill form? Where can I get some.....ASAP!!!!!!!

Reinvented
02-17-2005, 04:13 PM
i second that.....beano was threatened ....what is ginger root?

Vido
02-17-2005, 04:19 PM
]]']By the way, whats the ginger root all about? Is it in pill form? Where can I get some.....ASAP!!!!!!!

Yes, it's pill form. I'm looking at a bottle right now. It says "Ginger root stimulates digestion to promote gastrointestinal comfort and improves the digestion of proteins as well as diminishing the gastrointestinal side effects associated with high protein intake".

Guido
02-18-2005, 09:38 AM
Wow. I definitely havve to get some of that.

[[[----]]]
02-18-2005, 09:42 AM
Sounds good

Reinvented
02-18-2005, 11:18 AM
Wow. I definitely havve to get some of that.

:withstupi

my girlfriend will be sending donations if it works :idea:

GymRat1
02-18-2005, 10:17 PM
Poot!?!?!?!?!