PDA

View Full Version : Posting Pictures

Mike99
02-14-2005, 09:38 PM
Having trouble posting some of my pictures, files are too large and not too sure how fit them to post. Any help would be great!

Patz
02-14-2005, 09:54 PM
www.download.com

download "Irfan viewer"..it only takes a sec,and then you can use it to edit your image to the required size..it's a good photo editor

ozzyman
02-14-2005, 09:54 PM
I just right click on picture and go to edit.....opens image up in paint go to image----stretch/skew and go hor and vert stretch %50 to make image half the size... usually makes my pictures the right size.... save as a different file name so you still have your original pics.... make sense?

Patz
02-14-2005, 09:56 PM
i think the pics have to be under 100k

ozzyman
02-15-2005, 06:42 AM
yah i know... changing the actualy size of the pic changes the amount of memory it takes up without changing the quality of the image

Mike99
02-15-2005, 10:05 PM
I just right click on picture and go to edit.....opens image up in paint go to image----stretch/skew and go hor and vert stretch %50 to make image half the size... usually makes my pictures the right size.... save as a different file name so you still have your original pics.... make sense?

Thanks for the help, just posting the pictures now...

Mike99
02-15-2005, 10:31 PM
yah i know... changing the actualy size of the pic changes the amount of memory it takes up without changing the quality of the image

Any other way to edit the picture without making it so small. Just saw what I posted and terrible quality.

rookiebldr
02-15-2005, 10:36 PM
Did you use the Irfan view suggest above? That's what use and it works well. You can send them to me, and I'll resize for ya.

rookiebldr@gmail.com

Mike99
02-15-2005, 10:45 PM
Did you use the Irfan view suggest above? That's what use and it works well. You can send them to me, and I'll resize for ya.

rookiebldr@gmail.com

Just downloaded program, would u be able to explain to me in a couple of steps how to resize pictures to the right size. Thanks,

rookiebldr
02-15-2005, 10:56 PM
Generally, I load the picture in. Depending on the size of the picture already, I find just resaving the picture as a jpeg with slightly lower quality works well. Click file/save as and select jpeg. There should be two windows, one for where to save it and another showing the quality and some options. Try adjusting the quality slightly to get it below 100k.

Mike99
02-15-2005, 11:01 PM
Generally, I load the picture in. Depending on the size of the picture already, I find just resaving the picture as a jpeg with slightly lower quality works well. Click file/save as and select jpeg. There should be two windows, one for where to save it and another showing the quality and some options. Try adjusting the quality slightly to get it below 100k.

Thanks for the help, much better...Just posting now

rookiebldr
02-15-2005, 11:03 PM
Cool.... *taps fingers waiting.....

;)