PDA

View Full Version : What are your favorite foods when bulking up?

GlagTheBetrayer
02-15-2005, 08:59 AM
What is everyone's favorite foods when bulking up? I know mine is a Big Mac and a large fry! God I could eat six of those. Bulking and cutting both have there benefits! Cutting is definatly better but there is nothing like eating whatever the hell you want! :strong:

Progress
02-15-2005, 09:38 AM
Are you serious? I like fast food as much as the next guy but I don't know if I would include it as a serious player in my bulking menu. I try not to eat fast food or even deep fried food for that matter more than once every two weeks.

Regarding bulking, I don't really have much experience with it, but I try just to make huge portions of my favorite meals. I do enjoy hamburger helper, its a little better if you use half turkey and half beef. Mmmm! Meat and potatos never fail, I also find.

thajeepster
02-15-2005, 09:45 AM
oats, oats, and more oats.

AdmiralDan
02-15-2005, 09:48 AM
Are you serious? I like fast food as much as the next guy but I don't know if I would include it as a serious player in my bulking menu. I try not to eat fast food or even deep fried food for that matter more than once every two weeks.
:withstupi

i don't understand why you would call that an ok food. i'm pretty sure there is absolutely no nutrition in mcdonalds burgers and fries

GlagTheBetrayer
02-15-2005, 11:48 AM
When you are trying to gain serious mass you need to eat as much of everything you can. You have to gain a little fat along with a lot muscle before you start dieiting and get shredded. When you are bulking up, you have to eat eat eat!

Vapour Trails
02-15-2005, 11:54 AM
:withstupi

i don't understand why you would call that an ok food. i'm pretty sure there is absolutely no nutrition in mcdonalds burgers and fries

There isn't protein and calories in hamburgers?

GlagTheBetrayer
02-15-2005, 12:01 PM
There is a lot of protein in homemade hamburgers. Dunno about McDonalds, but there are a S***load of calories in a MAC. I think i'm having a mac attack right now...

ryuage
02-15-2005, 12:25 PM
depends if you want to do it cleanly... if so I stick to oats/peanutbutter/chicken/eggs

if whatever then heck its ihop for breakfast, fast food for lunch, and a buffet for dinner.... with a protein shake thrown in here and there.

spencerjrus
02-15-2005, 12:26 PM
fast food will make you big, it will not make you healthy and most of it will be fat.

AdmiralDan
02-15-2005, 03:25 PM
There isn't protein and calories in hamburgers?

there is protein in the hamburgers, but the protein to fat ration is like 1:1zillion. it just seems that if you really want to get huge, you would find a way to get the stuff you need from clean food rather than going to mcdonalds

drew
02-15-2005, 03:52 PM
Chicken, salmon, and PB sandwiches. My top three for bulking. Actually, also my top 3 for cutting. lol

On a bulk, I like to scoff a few double cheeseburgers from CrackDonalds every now and then. But not very often.

Hercule
02-15-2005, 03:56 PM
Chicken, PB, oats and taters

getfit
02-15-2005, 03:58 PM
PB, AND MORE PB, THEN SOME MORE PB! i'm a junkie!

cordes
02-15-2005, 04:08 PM
PB oats and brown rice.

Progress
02-15-2005, 04:38 PM
There is a lot of protein in homemade hamburgers. Dunno about McDonalds, but there are a S***load of calories in a MAC. I think i'm having a mac attack right now...

I suggest you rent and watch the movie "Supersize Me." It is a documentary that is hilarious and absolutely horrifying. It really opened my eyes to fast food and bad food in general. I never made it a habit to eat the stuff but after seeing the movie I try to make it a habit not to.

T_Chapman
02-15-2005, 04:48 PM
I suggest you rent and watch the movie "Supersize Me." It is a documentary that is hilarious and absolutely horrifying. It really opened my eyes to fast food and bad food in general. I never made it a habit to eat the stuff but after seeing the movie I try to make it a habit not to.

eh. supersize me was entertaining but no way did it make me reconsider fastfood in anyway. the core material covered in the documentary i already knew.

i cant believe morgan couldnt finish a friggin quarter pounder on his first day. he puked it before finishing. that in itself made me want to puke. i could eat at least six quarter pounders in one sitting.

T_Chapman
02-15-2005, 04:50 PM
right now im just eating whatever i want. there was a sale on oreos (mint and cream/chocolate and peanut butter). it was 2 for $4 so i picked each of those up. ive been packing 3000 cals a day on oreos alone. and then of course theres the chicken breasts and servings of veggies. and cereal... ive been eating a lot of cereal these days. and fast food too. donuts have become a morning ritual of mine as well.

im just waiting for my tendonitis to go away. until then im just going to eat whatever the hell i want.

Progress
02-15-2005, 05:58 PM
eh. supersize me was entertaining but no way did it make me reconsider fastfood in anyway. the core material covered in the documentary i already knew.

i cant believe morgan couldnt finish a friggin quarter pounder on his first day. he puked it before finishing. that in itself made me want to puke. i could eat at least six quarter pounders in one sitting.

Point well taken. But I think the reason why he puked it up was because he had been eating that vegan menu his girl was feeding him.

:whip: JK

Vitalize
02-15-2005, 07:09 PM
If you say so....but give me veggies and rice anyday compared to the filth the drones hand out in Mc****ties

Titanium_Jim
02-15-2005, 07:25 PM
The macho beef burrito from del taco. 1170 cals, 60g protein, and absurd amounts of saturated fat and cholesterol!

abwowang
02-15-2005, 07:32 PM
Beans!

Optimum08
02-15-2005, 07:34 PM
chipotle...man one of those fatty burritos is easily 1,000 cals....and it covers almost all of the major food groups...so its a balanced meal all wrapped up...

smalls
02-15-2005, 08:20 PM

Hmm, does WBB have a new natty pb slut (it's a compliment, trust me).

smalls
02-15-2005, 08:22 PM
I love it how people get this holier than thou attitude when it comes to diet, not everyone has the same goals or methods of attaining those goals.
To answer the question mine would be milk, cuz it would be damn hard to do it without milk. And Cytogainer of coarse. And orange chicken.

SDhick
02-15-2005, 09:10 PM
Yep PB, my favorite for bulking,mmmmmm Im goona have some in a little bit. :drooling:

T_Chapman
02-15-2005, 11:45 PM
chipotle...man one of those fatty burritos is easily 1,000 cals....and it covers almost all of the major food groups...so its a balanced meal all wrapped up...

i love chipotle. i could easily eat two of those when im hungry.

NORTHMORE
02-16-2005, 06:18 PM
What is everyone's favorite foods when bulking up? I know mine is a Big Mac and a large fry! God I could eat six of those. Bulking and cutting both have there benefits! Cutting is definatly better but there is nothing like eating whatever the hell you want! :strong:

Big Mac 560cals 30g fat (16g sat), 46g carbs, 25g protein
and lets just add a medium fry for ****s and giggles
Med. Fry 350cals 16g fat (3g sat) 47g carbs 4g protein

910 cals...

I dont care what kind of body type you are, fast food is complete trash. IMO, a say 8oz hamburger home-made with everything you can think of, a little worcester sauce, and maybe a baked potato sounds more appetizing that McSpews.

Sorry if this seemed like a flame, it wasnt, I worked a McDonalds for a *short* time (about 5 years ago lol) because I finally found out how fast food was made :burger: :vomit:

Saint Patrick
02-16-2005, 07:59 PM
Burritos > Burgers

GMCtrk
02-16-2005, 08:10 PM
eggs, peanut butter, nut mixes, chicken, beef, pork, olive oil

Guido
02-17-2005, 10:04 AM
Milk, milk, and more milk. Cottage cheese. Yogurt. Nuts, esp. peanuts or walnuts. Pork. Steak. Chicken sandwiches. Pasta. Rice.

zer06ame
02-18-2005, 03:44 PM
tuna, peanut butter and jelly, chicken, milk and protein shakes for bulking

waynis
02-18-2005, 04:02 PM
beef

snowster900
02-18-2005, 04:23 PM
CHICKEN! and homemade beef yum!! Milk and peanut butter. Last but not least steak