PDA

View Full Version : My food choices at school...

Big Zep
02-15-2005, 12:44 PM
I just started using "At large nutritions" THermocin yesterday... and i went along the day eating very lightly. As i went to the gym, i noticed that i was very weak and i think it was the combination of both not eating, and taking the pills. So im going to give you the choices i have here at school to eat, and hope you can help me pick what to eat...

Breakfast Choices: Eggs, Fruit, Cereal, Bacon/Sausage...
Lunch Choices: Chick-Fil-A (Chicken sandwich, grilled chicken salad, nuggets)
Dinner Choices: Same As Dinner...

So you see i dont have much of a choice :( so can i get a fair assessment from someone what of what to eat during the day? And would eating a chicken sandwich from Chick-Fil-A be fine as long as i just eat the chicken?

Stats- Weight:310, Height:6,1....

lilmase1153
02-15-2005, 01:04 PM
eggs are good, chicken salad minus fatty dressings.. fruits ok.. id stay away from bacon/ sausage and nuggest, breaded chicken on a cut isnt all that beneficial for you.. not too sure on the chicken sandwhich is it grilled or breaded? but your best choice is that chicken salad.

AdmiralDan
02-15-2005, 03:24 PM
are you in college?

CBrons
02-15-2005, 04:52 PM
Eat eggs and bacon + a little fruit .. I'm not sure when you workout so if your workout is sometime in the morning I suggest you cut the bacon and eat more fruit..
2nd: What kind of bun comes along with the chicken? Chicken contains little if any carbohydrates so perhaps it would be beneficial to consume the bread along with it.

If your goal is fat loss, I recommend you go ahead and perform 30 minutes of aerobics after you wakeup and before breakfast.

Aerobics tips:

-> Determine your RESTING HEART RATE (which is the amount of times your heart
beats per minute when you wake up in the morning, at complete rest).

Then, you take the 220 - your age number, and subtract the RESTING HEART
RATE from the result. Let's use a 20 year old as an example -- he would have
200 as his maximum heart rate, and if his RESTING HEART RATE were 50, then
he would have a total of 150 (the 220 - his age of 20 figure MINUS the
resting heart rate of 50 equals 150).

He then takes 70% of 150, which is 105, and ADDS BACK the 50 resting beats
per minute, which equals 155 -- this gives him the low end of the target
range.

He takes 80% of 150, which is 120, and ADDS BACK the 50 resting beats per
minute, which equals 170 -- this gives him the high end of the target range.

Thus, his target range is 155-170, which gives a higher range than the
equation I recommend in the book as it accounts for the resting heart rate
as well, which is a variable hinging on each indiviual's personal fitness
level and genetics. So, use the above equation to figure out the target
heart range. If you DO NOT begin sweating within 10 minutes of aerobics, you
may then add 5 beats to the maximum and minimum until you find a level that
causes sweating within 10 minutes, and if you are not the type to sweat at
all regardless of how hard you train, then ignore this technique, and simply
use the equation alone that I just described above. <-

Another thing about your diet, 3 meals a day when trying to lose fat isn't ideal. I suggest you eat 5 small to medium sized meals space out about 3-4 hours in between.

Make sure you cycle Thermocin.. that is, use it for a full month, take a month off and continue. This is so your body doesn't become immune to it's effects.

I could probably add more but this is enough info to take in for right now. Just ask if you want anymore

CBrons
02-15-2005, 04:56 PM
Oh 2 explanations:

1.) The comment I made about more fruit before a workout is due to the fact that fruit is a simple carb and therefore will give you energy if you weight train 30-120 mins after eating.
2.) You made a comment about feeling weak.. consuming the complex carbs of the sandwich bun will be beneficial for energy.

As long as your perform aerobics and get your body started on shifting the "Fuel Mixture Principal" (to where you eventually burn more fat for energy than carbohydrates), these extra carbs will be burned during the workout.

Also if you can't perform aerobics in the morning do so:

1.) Immediately following a weight workout (If you consume carbs)
2.) 2 hours following a meal.

At any rate, eat right after aerobics...

Sorry for the jumbled info.

Big Zep
02-16-2005, 08:09 AM
Thanks for the info guys, and i found out that chick-fil-a has a grilled chicken sandwich on wheat bread, so thats another meal that i can add...

Breakfast-Eggs, Fruit...
Lunch-Grilled Chicken Sandwich.
Dinner-Same as lunch, or salad
After Workout-Grilled Chicken, or a turkey wrap....

Is that fine?

AdmiralDan
02-16-2005, 08:36 AM
it is alright but you should try to rely less on the fast food joints. they make ok food, but there are definitely better options