View Full Version : Glug! You may be drinking too much Ö water

Beavereater
02-15-2005, 06:09 PM
http://msnbc.msn.com/id/6929115/?GT1=6190

Just clicked on it and wondered....

Saint Patrick
02-15-2005, 06:15 PM
My favorite part:

Over-hydration can lead to wetting accidents as your overfilled bladder contracts before you reach the bathroom.

Beavereater
02-15-2005, 06:25 PM
The body has a built-in way of controlling hydration and telling us how much we should drink. Itís called thirst.

I always thought thirst was to be avoided because it meant you already WERE dehydrated.

andy51
02-15-2005, 06:30 PM
If I only drank 8-8oz glasses a day I would be really dehydrated so I can't see how people drink less than that.

CBrons
02-15-2005, 06:36 PM
From National Kidney Foundation:
Water

1. People with healthy kidneys should drink 8-10 eight-ounce glasses (64 ounces) of water everyday

Alright now let's make the link between water intake and protein intake...

If you intake a high amount of protein, you need to flush out your kidneys (as they are being stressed in the digestion process of protein) by drinking water.

Another point: The RDA (Recommended Daily Allowance) for protein consumption for an average-weight 19-24 year old is 58 grams. You and I would both agree this amount is insufficient for muscle building.

What doctors say about average people in reference to recommended nutrients, minerals, vitamins, water, etc. do not necessarily reflect what is sufficient in the bodybuilding community.

abwowang
02-15-2005, 07:34 PM
yea i just read that article..

i still say drink lots of water.. u gotta drink A LOT to let it be bad for u!

abwowang
02-15-2005, 07:34 PM
"But under normal circumstances, you neednít walk around with a designer bottle of water, gulping down more than you need to quench your thirst. "

designer bottle of water?!
Prada?! ARMANI!?
haha but yea.. NALGENE BOTTLES ARE COOL!..

Optimum08
02-15-2005, 07:37 PM
NALGENE BOTTLES ARE COOL!..

touche^....but if your active and sweating off water and as people said above digesting protein...then u need much more than 64 oz of water a day...

waynis
02-15-2005, 07:46 PM
Q: Iíve heard you should drink eight glasses of water a day. This seems like a lot. Is it really necessary?

advertisement
A: No. Water is essential, but thereís no need to mega-water our bodies.

since when is 8 ounces of water a mega dose? LOL what a stupid article.

CBrons
02-15-2005, 08:03 PM
She should have told God that when he made our bodies 78% 'mega-watered'

smalls
02-15-2005, 08:07 PM
If you actually think carrying around a tupperware container of water (ie. nalgene) is cool, you are a hippie.

SDhick
02-15-2005, 09:14 PM
If I only drank 8-8oz glasses a day I would be really dehydrated so I can't see how people drink less than that.
Word, that goes along with some article they had about not eating to much and you will live longer, saw it on the news also.
I guess if you wanna be a buck 10 your whole life.

fixationdarknes
02-15-2005, 09:20 PM
Isn't it true that you are hydrated when your urine turns out to be clear? Well, whenever I take a piss, it's usually slightly yellow. But it's mostly clear. I drink around 90 oz. of water daily. Do you think I should drink more?

Jensen
02-16-2005, 04:41 AM
Isn't it true that you are hydrated when your urine turns out to be clear? Well, whenever I take a piss, it's usually slightly yellow. But it's mostly clear. I drink around 90 oz. of water daily. Do you think I should drink more?

90% of the time mine is yellowish. If what you said is true I'm way too dehydrated. Honestly, though, I really don't drink much water... you could be on to something.

crazedwombat
02-16-2005, 07:05 AM
I heard that too fixation however my multis make mine a flourecsent glow-in-the-dark yellow. yea that article blew, I carry around a 2 liter coleman thermos everywhere I go and empty it about twice...and yes, it DOES fill you up. keeps me from being overly hungry between meals.