PDA

View Full Version : Peanuts

fixationdarknes
02-15-2005, 09:40 PM
Are the peanuts that you guys buy just plain peanuts with no other ingredients? Or do they have salt and are the peanuts roasted and stuff like that? Do they even sell just natural peanuts with no other ingredients?

Patz
02-15-2005, 09:47 PM
I think they basically come in roasted and salted, roasted and unsalted, and with or without the skins..you can also get honey roasted, or in the shells, or some places have them boiled in the shells which is a different experience

I think a peanut has to be cooked in some form to be edible, but maybe not

I get em salted..mmm..im goin after a few

Double D
02-15-2005, 10:33 PM
The best peanuts to consume are the unsalted variety, as they obv conatain less sodium which will couse you to retain water, looking and feeling bloaded. Not to mention that in the long run salt can be bad for you're heart. As far as i know you cant buy unsalted roasted peanuts but i dont really know that for a fact. Some of those roasted nuts can also contain additional cals as they are roasted or cooked in stuff.

As well 0ther types of nuts are excellent eg almonds/walnuts.

fixationdarknes
02-15-2005, 10:41 PM
So, do you guys like to buy mixed nuts (peanuts, almonds, walnuts, cashews, whatever)? Are they all healthy to eat? And is it healthy to eat salted/roasted peanuts?

AdmiralDan
02-16-2005, 06:18 AM
yes, nuts are healthy to eat. they have plenty of good fats and can add quick calories if you are bulking

fixationdarknes
02-16-2005, 05:40 PM
Just for future references, is it good to eat peanuts while on a cut too? Since it has a lot of fat and stuff (although healthy).

CBrons
02-16-2005, 06:09 PM
keep in mind peanuts contain no usable protein (Inc. AAP) ...

AdmiralDan
02-16-2005, 07:25 PM
Just for future references, is it good to eat peanuts while on a cut too? Since it has a lot of fat and stuff (although healthy).

yes. your body needs good fats

fixationdarknes
02-16-2005, 08:22 PM
yes. your body needs good fats

Alright, thanks.