PDA

View Full Version : So how do you like your breasts?

SDhick
02-15-2005, 09:45 PM
Chicken I mean, lately I have been making mine into stirfry with rice, how about ya'll any recipies that I should try?

Patz
02-15-2005, 09:54 PM
I just stck em on a a pan in the oven at about 375 for 45min with a little salt and pepper. I basically eat em plain.

spencerjrus
02-15-2005, 10:35 PM
If I cant taste the food sometimes I can pretend Im not eating anything.

Double D
02-15-2005, 10:35 PM
Barbequed, with a little BBQ sauce. Or just in teh oven with some spices like pepper, paprica, ginger, or lemon/lime juice.

Shao-LiN
02-16-2005, 06:13 AM
Stir fried or grilled with rice and some chinese marinade I bought from trader joe's. I love this stuff.

archanix
02-16-2005, 09:14 AM
usually bake mine with cajun seasoning then slice it and mix it in with brown rice

mmm cajun

greekboy80
02-16-2005, 09:22 AM
I bake 5 lbs every sunday then eat throughout the week w/A1 steak sauce. Yum!

LadyLifter
02-16-2005, 09:25 AM
try with some lemon and different spices...or find a teryaki / bbq sauce. My sister is working on a culinary career and really likes the Emeril BAM spice mixes.

you can also try slicing oranges and laying them on the chicken with lemon and line juices for a good "fresh" chicken

neartaigh
02-16-2005, 09:54 AM
I made this one up last year when I had a mad craving for lasagna while low carbing.

Chicken Rollatini

3 Chicken breasts, pounded out to 1/4 inch thickness
8 oz ricotta cheese
1 tbsp chopped garlic
1/2 cup parmesan/romano shredded
Pinch of basil
1 tsp oregano
baby spinach leaves (a bunch of them)
1 Medium Jar tomato sauce
1/2 cup mozarella cheese
More parmesan, romano to taste

Preheat oven to 325-350.
Pour 1/2 Jar of the sauce into an 8 X 8 baking dish (glass bottom works well).

Mix ricotta, garlic, 1/2 cup parmesan and romano, and spices well.

Spread 1/3 of the mixture over a chicken breast, and place spinach leaves on top of the cheese mix. Roll up the chicken breast and secure the roll with 2 toothpicks.

Repeat with the other two chicken breasts.

Place the chicken rolls in the baking dish on top of the sauce. Pour the remainder of the sauce over the top.

Bake uncovered for 40 minutes.

Take the dish out, and sprinkle the mozzarella (and extra parmesan if you want) over the top.

Bake for another 15-20 minutes, until the cheese is a little but browned on the edges.

Make sure to remove the toothpicks before you plate this--- the rollatinis will stay together!!

Enjoy!

These are also great cold and sliced into rounds as leftovers...

scrutdada
02-16-2005, 03:12 PM
put a little olive oil in a pan and a little minced garlic and sautee on medium heat, thats pretty good, i buy a lot of pre marinated chicken breasts because i dont like the taste of plain chicken breast, or i buy different marinades here and there. i think sauteed is much better than bbq or baked chicken.

garagedoor79
02-16-2005, 04:28 PM
Try it with salsa on it. Surprisingly good sauce. Works reat with pork chop too. I usually just pour some cold over the breasts when they come out of the over or if I'm feeling like treating myself I mix some salsa, some honey and some OJ up in an oven safe dish, add the chicken and cook for 35 mins at 400'. Turn every 10 minutes and voila! Deee-lish!!!

REFLUX
02-16-2005, 06:17 PM
The last few chicken breasts I made have been with this recipe, pretty easy to make:
http://www.menshealth.com/cda/recipeview/1,2909,s1-6-0-0-0-977,00.html

4 -turkey cutlets, (5-6 ounces each)
3 T lemon juice,
2 T olive oil,
2 T parsley,, chopped
1 1/2 t sweet Hungarian paprika, (optional)
1 t dried oregano,
1/2 t ground black pepper,
1 T butter,
1/2 t salt,
1/4 c whole wheat pastry flour or soy flour,
2 lg eggs,
1 T water,
4 - lemon wedges ,

Directions

Drizzle the turkey with the lemon juice and 1 tablespoon of the oil, lightly rubbing to coat. Sprinkle both sides with the parsley, paprika (if using), oregano, and pepper, lightly patting in the seasonings. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour to 2 hours.

Heat the butter and remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium to medium-high heat. Sprinkle the salt over the turkey, and coat with the flour, patting lightly. In a shallow bowl, lightly beat the eggs with the water. Dip the turkey into the egg mixture.

When the butter froths, add the turkey. Cook until browned on the first side, 2 to 3 minutes. Turn, reduce the heat to low, and cook until the turkey juices run clear, 2 to 4 minutes. Serve with the lemon wedges.

Davor
02-16-2005, 09:17 PM
Chicken Rollatini

my mouth salivated when i read your recipie!

muscle chic
02-17-2005, 06:54 AM
Grilled with Red Hot!!

Big Bas
02-17-2005, 12:43 PM
i tried this: grilled the breast... then cut it up into squares, and put it on a whole wheat pita (usually i have two). Then put BBQ sauce on top, then melt mozz cheese on top of that. its like a pizza with chicken, and BBQ sauce instead of tomato sauce... it tastes AWESOME

scrutdada
02-17-2005, 01:53 PM
i tried this: grilled the breast... then cut it up into squares, and put it on a whole wheat pita (usually i have two). Then put BBQ sauce on top, then melt mozz cheese on top of that. its like a pizza with chicken, and BBQ sauce instead of tomato sauce... it tastes AWESOME

so its like a barbeque chicken pizza? they sell those everywhere now, california pizza kitchen sells them in the frozen pizza section now at most grocery stores, but yes, they are quite delicious.

Reinvented
02-17-2005, 01:58 PM
i bake mine for 45-50 mins in the over, nothing on them but lemon and herb...yummy

chizzled1419
02-17-2005, 02:16 PM
Grilled with Red Hot!!

I'll second that!

Franks buffalo sauce makes for a great marinade too.