PDA

View Full Version : Yuck

LightningandIce
02-16-2005, 01:07 PM
I've been lifting waits and eating for a while. But recently some of the better foods healthwise that I usually chow down almost religiously are just becoming, well, yucky.

I just had a vanilla protein shake and almost threw up in the middle of it. I've been having tuna and hot sauce sandwhiches daily for a while, but they've been becoming really gross lately. I had one the other day and ate the crust, then threw the rest out because it was so repulsive. Even steak, my once favorite food, is starting to seem less and less appetizing.

There are other foods I eat, like eggs and bagels and beef jerky, but those aren't things that I can really eat three times a day. I plan on taking next week off from lifting and eating so much, but when I come back I really want to re do my diet.

Bottom line is, is there any reason for this other than just eating them so much? Is there any way I can get my appetite back? And in the meantime, what kinds of every day foods can I eat to make up for it?

EdgarMex
02-16-2005, 01:15 PM
How many calories are you eating per day?

Saint Patrick
02-16-2005, 02:43 PM
Try a bigger variety. You don't have to eat the same foods every day. Take a look at the sticky:

http://64.191.89.22/showthread.php?t=46565

scrutdada
02-16-2005, 03:07 PM
that happens to me all the time, i am on a big chicken kick right now, but i know in a week or two, i wont be able to get any of it down, its just things that we crave from time to time. the best advice that was given to me when i started getting serious about eating right was to find TEN different meals/foods that are good for you that you enjoy eating and keep that variety around, that way you always have something you like, and keep a couple of cheat foods around to keep yourself sane. it has worked pretty well for me.

snowster900
02-16-2005, 03:22 PM
Same thing happend to me... i used to be able to chow down my whole weat bread with peanut butter on it now i cant barley eat it .. i change it up all the time now sometimes ill have enlgish muffins... whole wheat bagels... oatmeal all differtn stuff and sometimes if i dont feel like eating that stuff ill just have a cheat meal :)