PDA

View Full Version : Just a thought. Body wasting food.

eddie500
02-17-2005, 09:31 AM
Just wondering.. Iīm into thinking that if you eat more calories then your body needs it will just **** the rest out. SO eating a lot of calories.. or more so then a certain amount will just be plain waste. And your body type largely depends on how much use your body will get from the food.
This also goes with the amount of protein you eat. Like when my body wanted to put on major mass.. as in the first couple months of everybody starting out.. I didnīt eat nearly as much and my body had no problem building up. Now i eat a lot more... Iīm not so much heavier.. but my body doesnīt grow nearly as fast.

This is all speculation.. what do you guys think?

Holto
02-17-2005, 09:36 AM
I can't believe I'm reading this on WBB...

what happened to all the veteran posters ????????????
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

AdmiralDan
02-17-2005, 09:38 AM
so are you proposing that the body is inefficient?

eddie500
02-17-2005, 10:25 AM
so are you proposing that the body is inefficient?

Actually when you eat a lot of food it is inefficient. When you donīt eat so much food its very efficient. Ever hear of your body Hording calories?

TheGimp
02-17-2005, 10:42 AM
You're talking ********. The body is very efficient and will process almost everything you give it.

getfit
02-17-2005, 10:43 AM
You're talking ********. The body is very efficient and will process almost everything you give it.
:withstupi

ReelBigFish
02-17-2005, 11:02 AM
if that was true then there would be a lot less fat people.

pbsteve09
02-17-2005, 11:19 AM
Iīm into thinking that if you eat more calories then your body needs it will just **** the rest out. SO eating a lot of calories.. or more so then a certain amount will just be plain waste.

Well in that case there wouldnt be 60% of americans being overweight. If you take in more calories then you use, you store it as fat, not just turn it into waste and do away with it. But in which case your talking to a bunch of people on a forum that use up 3000+ calories a day and need every single calorie to maintain/build up muscle. However if you were talking lazyboy convention they wouldnt need 3000+ a day, and if they did....id go straight to the gut not in the crapper.

eddie500
02-17-2005, 12:08 PM
I saw this written down numerous times.. Your body can only absorb so much protein per sitting.. that is why they recommend not taking over maybe 40 grams.. but your body can also only absorb so many calories per sitting... the rest it just gets rid of..

_-_v_-_
02-17-2005, 12:26 PM
Not true.

getfit
02-17-2005, 12:28 PM
I saw this written down numerous times.. Your body can only absorb so much protein per sitting.. that is why they recommend not taking over maybe 40 grams.. but your body can also only absorb so many calories per sitting... the rest it just gets rid of..
where did you get this kind of info from?

Saint Patrick
02-17-2005, 01:08 PM

Do a search in this forum for protein absorbtion, this topic has been debated on here dozens of times.

Excess calories will result in weight gain. Will you poop more often when in a caloric surplus? probably.

Vapour Trails
02-17-2005, 02:40 PM
Evolution has made our bodies very efficient. Just think about our ancestors living in caves, they didn't have a constant food supply, so when they did have a feast it was necessary that their bodies be able to retain the energy for times of starvation.

Hopetobefit
02-17-2005, 03:00 PM
What they said...=P

Shao-LiN
02-17-2005, 08:30 PM
Just wondering.. Iīm into thinking that if you eat more calories then your body needs it will just **** the rest out. SO eating a lot of calories.. or more so then a certain amount will just be plain waste. And your body type largely depends on how much use your body will get from the food.
This also goes with the amount of protein you eat. Like when my body wanted to put on major mass.. as in the first couple months of everybody starting out.. I didnīt eat nearly as much and my body had no problem building up. Now i eat a lot more... Iīm not so much heavier.. but my body doesnīt grow nearly as fast.

This is all speculation.. what do you guys think?

That stuff you crap out has been digested already, just so you know.