PDA

View Full Version : Starting Off

darnnit2
02-18-2005, 11:10 AM
New member to the forum (see my post in the new members forum).

I'm 6'0", ~`185 lbs and would guess my BF to be in the high teens (last time I had it measured it was 16%, but I'm sure it's gone up since then!)

I realize that right now that about all I have going for me is a nice big frame to put some muscle on and the desire to do so!

Plan is to go on a six-week bulk and see what my progress looks like.

Any suggestions for ways to bulk without losing much in the speed department? I play Australian Rules Football, and speed/quickness is very important.

Stupendous
02-18-2005, 11:18 AM
Gaining quality weight takes time. IMO you won't see much in a 6-week bulk unless you are genetically blessed (or going the anabolic route).

lilmase1153
02-18-2005, 11:22 AM
well if you dont wanna lose any speed or quicks your just gonna have to up your speed drills as its the only way to get your body used to the new weight.. 6 weeks isnt that long of a bulk at all and depending on how clean you bulk majority of your weight increase will be fat.. although it is not im possible to gain a good lbs of LMB a week if done right..

darnnit2
02-18-2005, 03:27 PM
Thanks for the tips, guys. What sort of time frame should I be looking at for a bulk? Two months? Three?

Organichu
02-18-2005, 04:57 PM
In three months you should be able to gain a good 13-15 lbs, hopefully at least 6-8 lbm.

Sp33DSteR
02-18-2005, 06:50 PM
You have a big frame to work on, that's a good thing. Footy players ussually have a semi-muscilar build, they are fast and agile yet very powerful. Like a cross between a rugby player and a endurance runner. You are quite small compared to a pro footy player so i would say you need to gain alot more size, just stay away from saturated fat so you don't get a gut happening. Train with heavy weights, eat plenty but also do alot of cardio and go to footy training.