PDA

View Full Version : HELP im lossing strength

justliftin
02-18-2005, 04:58 PM
I ve been lifting 3 times a week 1 hr for 1 month. I do power lifting pyramids i stretch and warm up. i cant do as much weight as week before for 2 weeks now. feel tired and jsut useless in arms on bench tried switching doing dumbbell inlclined declined no change whats going on? is it diet technique sleep. or do i need to start do different sets

EdgarMex
02-18-2005, 05:27 PM
without knowing what your routine and diet are like it's difficult to know what the problem is

justliftin
02-18-2005, 09:50 PM
diet, Lots of water, healthy foods i try for natural as possible,( dont have set program though) Its actually not good right now just moved into new apartment.) I do pyramid power lifting, Bench warm up- bar, 1st set 135 12 reps increase 30lbs 10 reps increase 20 8 reps increase 10 5rp which i cant do only 2 times then 12 reps 135 I mix up a lot never do same in one day. I ve tried switch to dumbell and incline, changed grip pos. nothing. Its feels like its in my accessory muscles or like inside. The feeling tired and cant do anymore but i know I m capableof more after awhile hours after lifing it kinda goes away does that help?

justliftin
02-18-2005, 09:52 PM
I reach failure without getting benefits of lift

SDhick
02-19-2005, 03:26 AM
You have been lifting for a month, have you upped your calorie intake since you sarted lifting it isn't just about eating healthy but eating enough.

idzeroone
02-19-2005, 06:26 PM
Is this your first time to the Wonderful World Of Weighlifting? Or do you have some past experience? The reason I am asking is I wonder how you came up with your routine. There are alot of variables that make up an effective routine, not only the exercise selection, rep and set structure, diet, sleep, etc. I cannot recommend WBB1 highly enough. You should stick with this routine for AT LEAST 8 weeks, although there are many people who have been using it for over a year. The routine is very balanced and leans primarily toward building strength, although you will increase size. If you want to learn how your body responds to weightlifting, do yourself a favor and read all the past articles on WBB.

On another note, do not switch a routine until you are experiencing zero results. Initial "stength" gains that experienced on a new exercise are primarily neurological - muscle coordination, cooperation, etc. Forget about Weider's confusion principle and all the other junk in the bodybuilding mags. A good place to start reading is Justin Frank's Application of Physiology to Bodybuilding:

http://www.wannabebig.com/article.php?articleid=31

justliftin
02-20-2005, 01:37 PM
Is this your first time to the Wonderful World Of Weighlifting? Or do you have some past experience? The reason I am asking is I wonder how you came up with your routine. [/url]
Ive lifted on and off for a couple of years never more than say 3 months of light weight high rep. and I did the pyriamid fora month and a half and had awesome results. My friend and i learned it from a body builder. I think it must be my diet. I never realised it until now that I dont eat all day until after my weigth class at 200. I bought some Vits and Mins something like hydroxycut and some really good protein. I guess ill have to start eating right. My plan is to lift 3 times a week with running in between lifting. Will it work to take my cutting everyother day then take protein or do i have to do like a burst diet and go 2 weeks alternating? thanks for the help

idzeroone
02-20-2005, 06:56 PM
Ive lifted on and off for a couple of years never more than say 3 months of light weight high rep. and I did the pyriamid fora month and a half and had awesome results. My friend and i learned it from a body builder. I think it must be my diet. I never realised it until now that I dont eat all day until after my weigth class at 200. I bought some Vits and Mins something like hydroxycut and some really good protein. I guess ill have to start eating right. My plan is to lift 3 times a week with running in between lifting. Will it work to take my cutting everyother day then take protein or do i have to do like a burst diet and go 2 weeks alternating? thanks for the help

I don't really know how to answer your question because you haven't given enough information. What are your stats: wt, ht, bodyfat %? What are your goals, short term and long term?

I am on a slow cut right now-losing 1-1.5lbs a week of hopefully mostly fat. I have never done good on a quick cut. I don't compete and never will. I'm looking to just get in good shape year round, so the way I approach things may be different than yours.

justliftin
02-20-2005, 08:31 PM
I don't really know how to answer your question because you haven't given enough information. What are your stats: wt, ht, bodyfat %? What are your goals, short term and long term?

I am on a slow cut right now-losing 1-1.5lbs a week of hopefully mostly fat. I have never done good on a quick cut. I don't compete and never will. I'm looking to just get in good shape year round, so the way I approach things may be different than yours.
Im roughly 200 lbs I should be around 189. I want to look cut up. I fight fire in the summer, Ill lose most of body fat % there but Id like to start now. without working out my BF% is 18 i want to be say 9 %. right now i dont know what it is but I can just barely make out a 4 out on my stomache.not good. im 5' 9" for goals, all I want to do is just get big enough that i can still touch my back but still have people say damn! I want to look cut up. My diet isnt really set, but today i didnt lift, so i just had an apple, water, and 3 torilla turkey sandwiches. that plus some oatmeal and some veggies is a normal eating day. so guess i really need to sit down and write down a set exact plan of everything from eating, lifting, and before and afters?

justliftin
02-20-2005, 08:44 PM
bench

warm up on bar
stretch
135 12 reps
165-45 10 reps
175-65 8 reps..........normally can do it all of asudden cant
185-90 5 reps........now not even close maybe 1 or 2
205 3 reps........usually on good day can do 2.5 but now no way inhell
135 12 reps or till failure

Thats what im doing and the first figures are what i did the first time a year ago and also what i was doing 3 weeks ago. now I cant do this i tried jsut the other day.

Bicep

25's on bi bar 12 times
25s 10 times
35s 8
45 3
25s 12 times

I cant do this either cant pass 35s anymore........I feel just to tired to do it but its a different feeling. like my muscles didnt get worked but are jsut tired.

KingJustin
02-20-2005, 09:13 PM
Hey man,

I would switch your routine up. Train your whole body with compound exercises, and try to hit the main muscle groups twice a week, and for now stay in the 8-20 rep range. Don't do but 2 or 3 work sets and try to lift intensely. You can hit failure, but it's not a must, so don't worry if you don't as long as you are intense. Try to just increase the weight each week and don't spend more than 1 hour a day, 3-4 days a week lifting weights. This will give you a good start.

SDhick
02-20-2005, 11:11 PM
Heres the deal you need to eat a good diet check out what a body builder eats on this forum, you need to eat around six times a day, second you need about 1 gram of protein per lbs of body weight to build muscle, and do a complete body workout, squats, dead lifts, bench press are your big three.
If you do these consitantly, not now and then but put in the effort every week even if your tired lifting less weight rather than no weight is going to work faster insted of well I didn't lift for two weeks but this time I will go in there and get thrashed your body wont grow like that.
So eat right, lift right, and rest and you can acheive your goals.

gcs118
02-21-2005, 12:09 PM
If you're so burned out dude just take some time off. Use it to rest and eat up and create a set lifting routine for yourself.

idzeroone
02-21-2005, 06:17 PM
As others have said, consistency is key, not only in diet but getting to the gym and working out. Your body will not respond positively without consistent, progressive training.

justliftin
02-23-2005, 03:14 AM
Heres the deal you need to eat a good diet check out what a body builder eats on this forum, you need to eat around six times a day, second you need about 1 gram of protein per lbs of body weight to build muscle, and do a complete body workout, squats, dead lifts, bench press are your big three.
If you do these consitantly, not now and then but put in the effort every week even if your tired lifting less weight rather than no weight is going to work faster insted of well I didn't lift for two weeks but this time I will go in there and get thrashed your body wont grow like that.
So eat right, lift right, and rest and you can acheive your goals.
ok thats sounds good and all but six times a day. at my present body fat i should be in a cutting phase, will alternating weight and cutting every 2 weeks help get the results i want?

justliftin
02-23-2005, 03:17 AM
If you're so burned out dude just take some time off. Use it to rest and eat up and create a set lifting routine for yourself.
I dont think im burned out. ive only been lifting a month. 3 days a week and some times less, its a college class so we have a lot of cancelled class. but im going to try to get i 5 days a week some how. How much cardio do you guys put in if you want BF down and what kind. I hate running long distances

phreak
02-23-2005, 03:59 AM
ok thats sounds good and all but six times a day. at my present body fat i should be in a cutting phase, will alternating weight and cutting every 2 weeks help get the results i want?
Eating more often is NOT the same as eating more. Although you seem to eat almost nothing anyway.