PDA

View Full Version : Getting those extra carbohydrates

heathj
02-19-2005, 12:11 AM
What have or do you guys do to up your carbohydrate intake on the carb-load day of the UD2 diet? I have a tough time getting to the 1500g carbohydrate in the 30 hour phase. I seem to end at around 1000-1100g, which isn't too bad. Just curious.

Vido
02-19-2005, 12:40 AM
cookies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you want to stay clean, how about pasta or yams? It's pretty easy to down a ton of either.

Hercule
02-19-2005, 09:39 AM
Dried fruits are pretty good ways to get a good amount of carbs w/out being to filling. Also, when I carb up, I will have my meals every two hours and drink a 30/40 mix of Malto/Dextrose an hour between each meal.

Manveet
02-19-2005, 10:15 AM
What have or do you guys do to up your carbohydrate intake on the carb-load day of the UD2 diet? I have a tough time getting to the 1500g carbohydrate in the 30 hour phase. I seem to end at around 1000-1100g, which isn't too bad. Just curious.

Dextrose is pretty good, especially right after a workout. Lyle suggests something like 1g per 1lbs of body weight in carbs post workout. Personally, I can only stomach about 90g before I feel like puking.

Cereals are another good option. High in carbs, and not very filling.

Vido
02-19-2005, 02:59 PM
Cereals are another good option. High in carbs, and not very filling.

That's another good option. I don't usually eat cereal so I'm not familiar with the macronutrient breakdown, but it's not very hard to down a whole box of cereal in a sitting or 2.

Manveet
02-19-2005, 03:11 PM
That's another good option. I don't usually eat cereal so I'm not familiar with the macronutrient breakdown, but it's not very hard to down a whole box of cereal in a sitting or 2.

Ya, it really depends on the type of cereal. For instance, I've been eating "Kashi Go Lean Crunch" which has 38g of carb per 56g of cereal. I've already eaten 300g of the cereal with little to no effort.

I also make my own pizza. I buy the pies at the store, and put on a little sauce, dry curd cottage cheese, throw it in the oven for 20 min, and voila. I ate two large pies like that last night.

Subway wouldn't be a bad option either if you are in a bind. For instance, today I'll probably have a couple of foot long roasted chicken sandwhiches. Apparently each 6" roasted chicken sandwich has something like ~40g carbs. Plus, if you don't put any cheese or sauces on them, it will also be pretty low in fat. The only drawback of course would be the sodium, but I could care less about that right now.

akomabutisakama
02-19-2005, 03:46 PM
dextrose, bagels, kiddy cereal, and oats

heathj
02-19-2005, 08:50 PM
Dextrose is pretty good, especially right after a workout. Lyle suggests something like 1g per 1lbs of body weight in carbs post workout. Personally, I can only stomach about 90g before I feel like puking.

Yeah I had 150g after my workout and felt like I wanted to puke. Also felt like I could climb a mountain and pass out at the same time.

Making your own pizza, good idea.