PDA

View Full Version : The taste of gaining weight

CarlP
02-19-2005, 10:44 AM
I'm currently trying to gain weight by drinking some extra calories throughout the day, but my drink tastes horrible. I'm drinking some sort of myoplex nutrition shake with milk. It still doesn't taste much better with two big scoops of peanut butter. Does anyone know any good tasting drinks, either storebought or homemade, that will help me put on some pounds? I also take ON whey protein, which tastes great, but just doesn't have enough extra calories.

scrutdada
02-19-2005, 11:04 AM
if you are drinking EAS myoplex, i always thought those tasted the best out of almost all MRP's. if you have ON double rich chocolate this a favorite shake of mine. 2 scoops of whey, a scoop or two of fat free frozen yogurt, maybe 4 oz of milk, half a cup of oats, and a scoop of peanut butter, shove in blender. if you are not used to the taste of things like protein shakes/powders, it takes a little time, but after awhile it all tastes good.

Optimum08
02-19-2005, 11:49 AM
:withstupi....with protein and MRP's u just have to get used to the taste or else everything tastes like sh*t

CarlP
02-19-2005, 12:15 PM
Yeah, it's EAS. Looking at the ON whey protein, mixed with milk, it has more calories than I thought. I could drink the strawberry with milk all day long. Is there any problem with getting too much protein, besides the effect on the kidneys? I already drink a lot of water to help with that.

smalls
02-19-2005, 12:21 PM
Cytogainer chocolate mint is very good and has more cals and protein then myoplex. Probably cheaper too.

Vido
02-19-2005, 02:58 PM
If you don't like EAS shakes WITH peanut butter added, I really can't see you liking the taste of anything except maybe pizza and donuts...that's about as good as it's going to get as far as "clean" food goes imo.

If you like ON though (I can't see how you like ON and not Myoplex, but that's neither here nor there), just blend a couple scoops of that up with oats and pb. You can add whatever else you want as well, but that's a solid base for a shake.

CarlP
02-19-2005, 04:46 PM
I do love pizza, but I"m not going to eat much of that anymore. Do oats affect the taste much? I'm not sure how peanut butter would taste with strawberry, but I'm going to try it. If all else fails, I'll just drink a big glass of milk. I don't now why, but the chocolate myoplex makes me want to puke.

Organichu
02-19-2005, 04:51 PM
At Large Nutrition (http://www.atlargenutrition.com/) makes a ridiculously tasty MRP. I convinced my friend to get some and just.. -drool-

It's called Opticen. (http://www.atlargenutrition.com/nutrition_detail.php?osCsid=67f5c95dbb2e4750a50d409d8553ba6c&products_id=2&osCsid=67f5c95dbb2e4750a50d409d8553ba6c)

If you're set on making a homemade shake, though, I suggest tons of natural peanut butter.

Vido
02-19-2005, 05:11 PM
I do love pizza, but I"m not going to eat much of that anymore. Do oats affect the taste much? I'm not sure how peanut butter would taste with strawberry, but I'm going to try it. If all else fails, I'll just drink a big glass of milk. I don't now why, but the chocolate myoplex makes me want to puke.

Oats are bland, you shouldn't really taste them.

Chocolate protein always tastes better than strawberry.

CarlP
02-20-2005, 09:54 AM
I just dumped some oats in my protein shake, so now it's got a good 6-800 calories, I haven't counted it exactly yet.