PDA

View Full Version : does this make sense (diet plan)

chronic01
02-20-2005, 05:44 PM
right now i feel i'm a little overweight about 30 - 35 pounds than my ideal
but i also wanna get a better body so should i right now stay on a higher calorie diet and bulk up which is what i've been doing for the last 2 months and then in another month start a cutting phase and just got on a total low fat diet?
does this make sense at all because this is what i've got reading over other people success stories and such

getfit
02-20-2005, 05:52 PM
if you plan to loose the extra 30-35lbs you have, i would cut down on your calorie intake
how's your diet looking right now?

TTT
02-20-2005, 06:22 PM
Don't forget, once you start cutting, you still need SOME fat. Otherwise it will interfere with steroid hormone metabolism, etc.

ryuage
02-20-2005, 06:29 PM
steroid hormone metabolism?

chronic01
02-20-2005, 07:23 PM
right now my diet isnt great but its better than it used to be
i try to eat at least 4 meals a day and i eat healthy stuff
but i have bad self control when its comes to pop thats my downfall but other than that i've started limiting myself to what i can eat quite a bit
but i'm gonna start protein shakes next week to see if i can get some gains from that

Manveet
02-20-2005, 10:36 PM
right now i feel i'm a little overweight about 30 - 35 pounds than my ideal
but i also wanna get a better body so should i right now stay on a higher calorie diet and bulk up which is what i've been doing for the last 2 months and then in another month start a cutting phase and just got on a total low fat diet?
does this make sense at all because this is what i've got reading over other people success stories and such

First of all, fat does not make you fat. Furthermore, constricting fat intake will not make you lean. You need to constrict overall calories in order to get leaner. Search up on the term "cutting", there are plenty of threads with general guidlines.