PDA

View Full Version : Countdown to the Arnold! (mPSMF)

Blood&Iron
02-21-2005, 07:10 AM
Monday, Feb 21st
Ramblings
So, I've decided I'll be going to the Arnold Classic and meeting up with a few fellow WBBers--most of whom I don't know. For the past 5-6 weeks I haven't been dieting. For most of the past several years, I have. So, not surprisingly , I've put on a bit of fat over the last few weeks. I was up to 209.5 lbs as of this morning (I had Chinese buffet last night).

Perusing Lyle's forum the other day, I saw he'd put out a e-book on the PSMF. So, I bought it and have decided to give it a shot. Now really, if I wanted to be cool, I'd say I don't give a f*ck, but I don't want to look like a fat f*ck if we all workout together or something. Really, two weeks isn't much time and I have no illusions that I'm going to be ripped, but I figure maybe I can drop a few pounds. Really, this is probably all a horrible mistake. I've been making pretty decent size and strength gains, and this will definitely put an end to that. But, it'll be an interesting test of will.

I don't really do well on super low carbs, so that's my main concern. If I'm unable to function at my job (and/or sleep), I'll probably break the rules a littlle (yes, if Lyle was here he'd yell at me). Frankly, I was surprised at some of Lyle's recommendations given some of his statements in the past. For example, his guidelines for protein intake for relatively lean individuals are absurd. For me, they end up meaning I should take in about 300-360g of protein a day. This means 1) I end up eating almost as many calories as I would on the UD2 (probably 1400kcal or so) 2) Even with very low fat protein sources I end up eating a decent amount of fat (1g here and there, when consuming so much protein adds up). Ultimately, I'm looking to drop about 1 pound per day (total of 4-5 lbs of fat by the end and a bunch of water weight).

As for training, Lyle's guidelines are pretty loose. He mainly says stick to your normal routine, and reduce the volume. He makes a vague recommendation of 1-2 sets per bodypart, 6-8 rep, full-body workouts twice a week. He also says extra cardio is probably unnnecessary and says a single depletion workout with about half the volume of a typical UD2 version, wouldn't be a bad start to things. I decided that I'd do my final heavy workout for shoulders and bis before I really embark on things and mix in a half-assed depletion workout. I'm hoping not to lose too much strength/muscle, but it's certainly possible this will happen. Here are a few figures I'll be watching from my recent workouts (Each of these was performed on a different day):

DB OHP: 75s x 3 reps x 5 sets
Incline DB Curls: 50s x 2 reps x 5 sets
HS Iso Rows: 310lbs x 5 reps x 6 xets

Diet
6:15am 1/2 scoop dextrose, 1/2 scoop whey (25g carbs/0g fiber, 12g protein, 1g fat)
8:00am 1 bottle Isopure (0g carbs/0g fiber, 40g protein, 0g fat)
11:30am Extra lean turkey burger, no fat cheese, celery, diet Sprite (3g carbs/1g fiber, 31g protein, 1.5g fat)
2:30pm 2 scoops MPI, 2g inulin (5g carbs/2g fiber, 50g protein, 2g fat)
5:00pm 2 scoops MPI, 2g inulin (5g carbs/2g fiber, 50g protein, 2g fat)
6:30pm Extra lean turkey burger, no fat cheese, celery, diet Sprite (3g carbs/1g fiber, 31g protein, 1.5g fat)
10:00 1 Life Choice Meal (Turkey + Green Beans), 3 sugar free jello cups, 4g fish oil, multi, vitamin e, zinc (15g carbs/4g fiber, 38g protein, 8.5g fat)

Totals:
Carbs/Fiber 51g/10g fiber
Protein 252g
Fat 16.5g
Calories: 1197
Comments: Not that much lower than what I'd typically hit on the UD2, although the carbs and fat are lower and the protein higher (duh!). Carbs are probably still a bit high--but I wanted to have a good workout. I dunno how I could get the fat any lower--without not eating anything.

Training
Shoulders & Bis Strength work:
DB OHP 35s x 5, 45s x 2, 55s x 1, 75s x 4, 75s x 4,
BB Curls65 x 5, 75 x 2, 85 x 1, 105 x 3, 105 x 3

Depletion:
Squats 135 x 15, 135 x 12
Leg Press 230 x 12
Leg Curl135 x 15
Leg Ext100 x 16
HS Row 110 x 20, 110 x 20
HS Bench 90 x 16, 110 x 15
Pulldown90 x 12
Pec Deck 90 x 12

Comments
Strength work was good. Depletion workout okay. Kinda nauseated after--at least this is the only time I'll be doing it.

Weight 209.5lbs

rookiebldr
02-21-2005, 08:25 AM
lmfao... You fat ****. I'm trying to lose 5-8lbs by the arnold too. Damn we're pathetic. ;)

Blood&Iron
02-21-2005, 09:53 AM
lmfao... You fat ****. I'm trying to lose 5-8lbs by the arnold too. Damn we're pathetic. ;)
Don't I know it.

cphafner
02-21-2005, 09:57 AM
Good luck with your "mini-cut". I'm sure you're not a fat ****, atleast your not a skinny little punk like me. I'll see you at the Arnold.

Blood&Iron
02-21-2005, 10:57 AM
Good luck with your "mini-cut". I'm sure you're not a fat ****, atleast your not a skinny little punk like me. I'll see you at the Arnold.
Thanks.

I'm not fat really. Just fatter than I'd like--or I find respectable.

I'll be looking forward to meeting you.

Isaac Wilkins
02-21-2005, 12:12 PM
You'll make a nice addition to the group.

You'd be better off getting really fat like me, then no one would notice a few pounds here and there.

;)

Hatred
02-21-2005, 12:19 PM
ROFL Why do you guys think I dropped some of my meals for the day? We are all in the same, damn, sinking boat.

rookiebldr
02-21-2005, 12:41 PM
lol being slightly overweight 250 is hardly the same as being fat at 185 :( But at least Isaac's seen me so he knows what to expect. ;)

Isaac Wilkins
02-21-2005, 01:22 PM
lol being slightly overweight 250 is hardly the same as being fat at 185 :( But at least Isaac's seen me so he knows what to expect. ;)

:hump:

Manveet
02-21-2005, 06:15 PM
Ah, gotta love the PSMF, good luck with that man.

Btw, I have a somewhat related question to ask. Namely, does extra fat mass allow one to physically lift more weight? For instance, would a guy that weighed 220lbs with a bodyfat in the high teens be able to lift more weight, then if he was at 10-12% body fat, but with the exact same amount of muscle?

I'm under the impression that they would be able to lift the same amount of weight, because they would have the same amount of LBM at both instances. I'm not sure what role fat mass plays in regards to strength levels. Significant, minor, or nothing at all?

Thanks.

Blood&Iron
02-21-2005, 06:55 PM
Ah, gotta love the PSMF, good luck with that man.

Btw, I have a somewhat related question to ask. Namely, does extra fat mass allow one to physically lift more weight? For instance, would a guy that weighed 220lbs with a bodyfat in the high teens be able to lift more weight, then if he was at 10-12% body fat, but with the exact same amount of muscle?

I'm under the impression that they would be able to lift the same amount of weight, because they would have the same amount of LBM at both instances. I'm not sure what role fat mass plays in regards to strength levels. Significant, minor, or nothing at all?

Thanks.
Shouldn't play a major role so far as I'm aware. If it was really low, of course, there'd be all sorts of hormonal consequences, which would affect things I'd think--plus depending on the person it might cause joint issues that would interfere with really heavy lifting.

But 10-12% vs high teens? Can't imagine.

Isaac Wilkins
02-21-2005, 07:29 PM
It does play a role in bigger powerlifters because of leverage issues.

It probably wouldn't matter for a 220-pounder vs a 240-pounder unless they were using powerlifting equipment because of the tighter fit.

Manveet
02-21-2005, 08:04 PM
Ah, thanks for the quick responses guys.

The reason I asked such a question was because no matter how well I diet, I almost always tend to lose some strength. Even when I did UD2.0 last time around, I ended up losing *some* strength, albeit nothing major (maybe like 10-15lbs on the major lifts), which was actually regained relatively quickly. I was hoping this was not the result of muscle loss on the diet, but it very well could have been. I've been trying to use the calipers this time around in order to better gauge what I'm losing week by week, but I need A LOT of practice before I can even begin to clip myself with some sort of consistency. So, in the meantime I'm trying to use just the scale, mirror, and what I lift during my power workouts as my guage for progress. Basically I was wondering what your experiences were with the diet in terms of strength loss. Did you still lose some strenth despite keeping muscle and losing fat? [/ramble]

Blood&Iron
02-22-2005, 06:28 AM
Ah, thanks for the quick responses guys.

The reason I asked such a question was because no matter how well I diet, I almost always tend to lose some strength. Even when I did UD2.0 last time around, I ended up losing *some* strength, albeit nothing major (maybe like 10-15lbs on the major lifts), which was actually regained relatively quickly. I was hoping this was not the result of muscle loss on the diet, but it very well could have been. I've been trying to use the calipers this time around in order to better gauge what I'm losing week by week, but I need A LOT of practice before I can even begin to clip myself with some sort of consistency. So, in the meantime I'm trying to use just the scale, mirror, and what I lift during my power workouts as my guage for progress. Basically I was wondering what your experiences were with the diet in terms of strength loss. Did you still lose some strenth despite keeping muscle and losing fat? [/ramble]
You should be able to at least maintain your strength for the power workouts.

I never made *great* improvements from week to week, but I did make some progress. Of course, I also tended to cycle my lifts--at least haphazardly. Once I felt I'd let my form loosen too much and I'd hit a 'max', I'd drop back down a bit and work up again.

Of course, even if you are losing muscle, the low rep stuff you do on the strength days has a large neurological component. The fact that you're maintaining strength, while probably the best indicator that you're maintaining muscle mass, is still no guarantee.

Blood&Iron
02-22-2005, 06:29 AM
It does play a role in bigger powerlifters because of leverage issues.

It probably wouldn't matter for a 220-pounder vs a 240-pounder unless they were using powerlifting equipment because of the tighter fit.
Hadn't even thought of that.

Blood&Iron
02-22-2005, 06:56 AM
Tuesday, Feb 22nd
Ramblings
Well, day one went well enough. My totals (as present in my updated log entry for day one) were:
Protein 252g
Fat 16.5g

Like I said there, it looks like my carbs ended up being a little high. Of course, most of these came from my preworkout shake and my choice for dinner. I wanted to have a good workout, so I really wasn't going to skip the preworkout shake, I probably could've just had turkey burgers for dinner, though. Maybe I'll man up and do that tonight.

I'm down 4.5lbs from yesterday--mostly water weight no doubt, but it's something.

Diet
6:15am 1/2 scoop dextrose, 1/2 scoop whey, 25g ephedrine, 200mg caffeine (25g carbs/0g fiber, 12g protein, 1g fat)
8:00am 1 bottle Isopure (0g carbs/0g fiber, 40g protein, 0g fat)
10:00am 3oz tuna fish (0g carbs/0g fiber, 21g protein, 1g fat)
12:00pm turkey burger, celery, no fat cheese (5g carbs/2g fiber, 31g protein, 1.5g fat)
1:30 2 scoops MPI (5g carbs/2g fiber, 45g protein, 2g fat)
3:00pm 3oz tuna fish (0g carbs/0g fiber, 21g protein, 1g fat)
6:30pm turkey burger, no fat cheese (2g carbs/0g fiber, 31g protein, 1.5g fat)
9:00pm 1 cookie, 3 cashew (6g carbs/0g fiber, 0g protein, 3g fat)
10:00 6oz tuna, 1 slice no fat cheese, 3 no-sugar jello cups, 4g fish oil(2g carbs/0g fiber, 47g protein, 6g fat)

Totals:
Carbs/Fiber 45g/4g
Protein 248g
Fat 17g
Calories: 1309
Comments:
Pretty damn solid. Ideal, of course, would be all protein, no carbs or fat. But everything's get a gram or two of each, so this is about as good as it'll probably ever get. The carbs were again a bit high--for the same reason as yesterday, which I consider acceptable.

Training
Deads 135 x 5, 185 x 3, 225 x 6, 225 x 7
Chins bdy x 7, bdy x 6
Dips bdy x 10, bdy 9
HS Military Press90 x 5, 140 x 2, 180 x 6, 180 x 5
Curls 45 x 17, 45 x 10
Calves 135 x 15, 135 x 13

Comments
Although I hit everything yesterday, I decided to do a full body, abbreviated routine with moderate reps--per Lyle's recommendations. I'll do the next one Friday. Went well enough, considering I only had 5 hours of sleep and am fairly depleted.

Weight 205lbs

Blood&Iron
02-22-2005, 06:59 AM
Also, not that anyone gives a f*ck, buy my company just moved offices this past weekend. Here's a link to a slideshow of pictures from the new place. It's pretty damn cool:

http://www.eprize.net/company/slideshow/index.html

Blood&Iron
02-23-2005, 07:00 AM
Wednesday, Feb 23rd
Ramblings
Rehash of how things ending up coming out yesterday:

Protein 252g
Fat 16.5g
Comments: Not that much lower than what I'd typically hit on the UD2, although the carbs and fat are lower and the protein higher (duh!). Carbs are probably still a bit high--but I wanted to have a good workout. I dunno how I could get the fat any lower--without not eating anything.

Felt kinda sh*tty and out of it towards the afternoon/evening of yesterday. Still, I think this still may be easier than the UD2.

I'm down to 202 this morning. Decided to do a little cardio, although I only had time for about 20 minutes.

Diet
6:15am 2 scoops MPI (5g carbs/2g fiber, 45g protein, 2g fat)
9:00am 2 scoops MPI (5g carbs/2g fiber, 45g protein, 2g fat)
12:00pm 3oz tuna (0g carbs/0g fiber, 21g protein, 1g fat)
3:00pm 3oz tuna (0g carbs/0g fiber, 21g protein, 1g fat)
6:30pm Turkey burger, no fat cheese (2g carbs/0g fiber, 31g protein, 1.5g fat)
9:00pm 4oz beef jerky, 1oz pretzels (31g carbs/5g fiber, 55g protein, 5g fat)

Totals:
Carbs/Fiber43g carbs/9g fiber
Protein 217g
Fat 12.5g
Calories: 1116kcal
Comments:
Shouldn't have had the pretzels, but the craving was just too bad. Oh well. Also, protein came in a bit low.

Training
Cardio: 20 min on elliptical
Avg heart rate: 140bpm
Calories burned (according to machine): 300kcal

Comments
Bleh.

Weight 202lbs

rookiebldr
02-23-2005, 07:24 AM
I'm down to 185 this morning. With special lighting, I can pretend I have abs showing. ;) weeee

Got your message and I will call later today.

Manveet
02-23-2005, 09:25 AM
Also, not that anyone gives a f*ck, buy my company just moved offices this past weekend. Here's a link to a slideshow of pictures from the new place. It's pretty damn cool:

That men's bathroom looks insanely sweet.

I'm guessing your making some big bucks working in such a fancy place like that:D

Blood&Iron
02-23-2005, 09:34 AM
That men's bathroom looks insanely sweet.

I'm guessing your making some big bucks working in such a fancy place like that:D
No, not really.

God hates me.

galileo
02-23-2005, 09:37 AM

That's the most decadent thing I've seen this year. I hope the company is stable enough to afford such luxuries.

Delf.

galileo
02-23-2005, 09:39 AM
I'm beginning to regret not being able to make it to the Arnold this year. Perhaps you'll make it to something later on, when I can afford to take a trip.

Blood&Iron
02-23-2005, 09:52 AM
I'm beginning to regret not being able to make it to the Arnold this year. Perhaps you'll make it to something later on, when I can afford to take a trip.
Afford?

How much would it cost? Gas + sharing a room with 10 sweaty, hairy dudes + live off free supplments + a ticket to the expo...that ain't sh*t.

Get your ass to Columbus, b*tch. If you don't, I'll never forgive you...

Note: The above was intended sarcastically...well, kind of.

Focused70
02-23-2005, 09:54 AM
bwahahahahah!!!

I'm a skinny fat person. You're all diesel, except for me.

bwahahahahah

*ahem*

Stash

Blood&Iron
02-23-2005, 10:00 AM
That's the most decadent thing I've seen this year. I hope the company is stable enough to afford such luxuries.

Delf.
Our sales have doubled every year for the past 3-4 years:
2002: 4 million sales
2003: 9 million sales
2004: 18.6 million sales

We have no real competitors; we are pretty much the Microsoft of the industry.
http://www.eprize.net/company/company_clients.html

Besides, while I'm sure they poured a sh*t ton of money into the new office, fundamentally they're total penny pinchers (I'm not saying this as a compliment).

galileo
02-23-2005, 10:17 AM
Afford?

How much would it cost? Gas + sharing a room with 10 sweaty, hairy dudes + live off free supplments + a ticket to the expo...that ain't sh*t.

Get your ass to Columbus, b*tch. If you don't, I'll never forgive you...

Note: The above was intended sarcastically...well, kind of.

I have $0.83 in my checking account right now. When my check hits, so does my mortgage and car payment taking me right back to where I was. Sad, no?

Blood&Iron
02-23-2005, 10:24 AM
I have $0.83 in my checking account right now. When my check hits, so does my mortgage and car payment taking me right back to where I was. Sad, no?
I'll loan you the money...

I'm not kidding.

galileo
02-23-2005, 10:26 AM
Our sales have doubled every year for the past 3-4 years:
2002: 4 million sales
2003: 9 million sales
2004: 18.6 million sales

We have no real competitors; we are pretty much the Microsoft of the industry.
http://www.eprize.net/company/company_clients.html

Besides, while I'm sure they poured a sh*t ton of money into the new office, fundamentally they're total penny pinchers (I'm not saying this as a compliment).

Impressive and I hope it continues. I'm quite wary of internet companies such as those, but I have no reason to doubt your judgement.

Is this particular office in Detroit? I'd love to move back to Chicago someday. One can dream.

galileo
02-23-2005, 10:32 AM
I'll loan you the money...

I'm not kidding.

I'll reconsider going, but no promises. I just read through the thread and there are an ass-ton of people going.

If I go, I warn you I've not worked out much this year so I look like a non-lifter. You'll have that...

Blood&Iron
02-23-2005, 10:37 AM
Impressive and I hope it continues. I'm quite wary of internet companies such as those, but I have no reason to doubt your judgement.

Is this particular office in Detroit? I'd love to move back to Chicago someday. One can dream.
The company was actually around during the .com collapse...and survived. So, I think the odds are good we'll be around awhile yet. Of course, anything is possible. They like to bill it more as a full service ad agency that specializes in a very small subset of the market, namely online promotions.

We're right outside of Detroit, in Pleasant Ridge/Royal Oak.

Oh yeah, and get your ass to the Arnold...all your reasons for not coming have been nullified.

Blood&Iron
02-23-2005, 10:40 AM
I'll reconsider going, but no promises. I just read through the thread and there are an ass-ton of people going.

If I go, I warn you I've not worked out much this year so I look like a non-lifter. You'll have that...
Doesn't matter. No one will judge you.

Besides, I am not even close to being impressive myself (never really was, of course) I totally let myself get fat. I'm not holding out too much hope that the PSMF will change this. Besides, Rookie is totally going to pwn me on deads. I will never live down the shame.

galileo
02-23-2005, 11:25 AM
If we dead, I hope there's a trapbar. I've never done non-trapbar deads. :x

rookiebldr
02-23-2005, 06:24 PM
It's about time you weighed in B&I and got Gal to the arnold! Damn if I could get him to drive the 2 hours. ;)

Blood&Iron, you'll just flex and /pwn me. :(

Hatred
02-23-2005, 06:31 PM
Gal, your Oly deads will be about -45lbs compared to a trap bar.

Blood&Iron
02-24-2005, 06:17 AM
It's about time you weighed in B&I and got Gal to the arnold! Damn if I could get him to drive the 2 hours. ;)

Blood&Iron, you'll just flex and /pwn me. :(
What?!?

I'm confused. I thought he was pretty much set to come. Is he trying to pussy out now?

Weigh in where? Give me his phone number and I'll berate him and cajole him until he has no choice but to come.

rookiebldr
02-24-2005, 07:22 AM
What?!?

I'm confused. I thought he was pretty much set to come. Is he trying to pussy out now?

Weigh in where? Give me his phone number and I'll berate him and cajole him until he has no choice but to come.

No, he's coming. All I was trying to say was that I'd been trying to get him to come the last month to no avail. However, you managed to address his concerns above and... viola! ;)

Oh, and was that you trying to call me this morning? I just missed it if it was you .

Blood&Iron
02-24-2005, 10:53 AM
Thursday, Feb 24th
Ramblings

Totals:
Carbs/Fiber: 43g carbs/9g fiber
Protein 217g
Fat 12.5g
Calories: 1116kcal

Felt a bit better yesterday, though fairly hungry most of the time. I'm down to 200.5lbs this morning. Today *would* be the beginning of my carb-up. It's such a temptation to go that route, but I'm going to try to stick this out for the remaining 5-6 days. Of course, it'll probably just end up costing me muscle.

Diet
9:00am 2 scoops MPI (5g carbs/2g fiber, 45g protein, 2g fat)
12:00pm Turkey burger, no fat cheese, sugar free jello, celery (4g carbs/2g fiber, 31g protein, 1.5g fat)
3:00pm 2 scoops MPI (5g carbs/2g fiber, 45g protein, 2g fat)
6:30pm Turkey burger, no fat cheese, sugar free jello, celery (4g carbs/2g fiber, 31g protein, 1.5g fat)
10:00pm 1 packet low-sugar oatmeal, 4oz beef jerky, 4g fish oil, multi, vitamin e, selenium, zinc(35g carbs/7g fiber, 50g protein, 9g fat)

Totals:
Carbs/Fiber 53g/15g
Protein 202g
Fat 16g
Calories:
Comments:
Yes, the oatmeal is basically breaking the diet, Lyle would yell at me, blah, blah, blah. I needed to be able to sleep. I still tend to think (and am probably wrong) that overall calorie balance is more important. The excess protein would just be coverted (very inefficiently, of course) to glycogen anyway. Bleh. Oh well. Protein was also a bit low. I fail.

Training
Cardio: 26 min on elliptical
Avg heart rate: 130bpm
Calories burned (according to machine): 400kcal

Comments
Bleh.

Weight 200.5lbs

galileo
02-24-2005, 05:14 PM
Sorry about the phone conversation today. Apparently they neglected to use salt on most of the roads and I ended up doing a nice 360 on a turn. Slid out once more on another bend, but I'm a'ight.

Blood&Iron
02-24-2005, 05:40 PM
Sorry about the phone conversation today. Apparently they neglected to use salt on most of the roads and I ended up doing a nice 360 on a turn. Slid out once more on another bend, but I'm a'ight.

No problem

I wouldn't have called had I realized you were driving. Glad nothing bad happened.

Sorry that you can't make it to the Arnold. I'd looked forward to meeting you. Hope you're doing okay in spite of all that's going on.

Peace.

cphafner
02-24-2005, 08:50 PM
Looks like your weightloss plan is going real well. That office is sweet, so much nicer than the stuff office I work in. I could see how that setup would really encourage creativity.

Blood&Iron
02-25-2005, 06:57 AM
Friday, Feb 25th
Ramblings

Totals:
Carbs/Fiber 53g/15g
Protein 202g
Fat 16g
Calories:
Comments:
Yes, the oatmeal is basically breaking the diet, Lyle would yell at me, blah, blah, blah. I needed to be able to sleep. I still tend to think (and am probably wrong) that overall calorie balance is more important. The excess protein would just be coverted (very inefficiently, of course) to glycogen anyway. Bleh. Oh well. Protein was also a bit low. I fail.

Not down from yesterday. Could be from the jerky I ate for dinner (water retention), although I did that the night before too, and still was down a few lbs. Hopefully, I haven't already hit a wall. Guess we'll see.

Diet
6:15am 50mg ephedrine, 500mg caffeine, 1/2 scoop dextrose, 1/2 scoop WPI (30g carbs/0g fiber, 12g protein, 1g fat)
8:00am 1 bottle isopure(0g carbs, 40g protein, 0g fat)
12:00pm 2 scoops MPI, small salad w/o dressing (6g carbs/3g fiber, 45g protein, 3g fat)
3:00pm extra lean turkey burger, no fat cheese (2g carbs/0g fiber, 31g protein, 1.5g fat)
6:30pm extra lean turkey burger, no fat cheese (2g carbs/0g fiber, 31g protein, 1.5g fat)
10:00pm 4oz beef jerky, 4oz pretzels, 6oz spaghetti, 1.5 cups marinara, parmesan cheese (230g carbs/13g fiber, 75g protein, 26g fat)

Totals:
Carbs/Fiber 270g/16g
Protein 232g
Fat 35g
Calories: 2303kcal
Comments:
See next journal entry for comments.

Training
Deads 135 x 5, 185 x 3, 225 x 6, 225 x 8
Chins bdy+10 x 6, bdy+10 x 6
Dips bdy+25 x 7, bdy+25 x 8
DB OHP35s x 5, 45s x 2, 55s x 7, 55s x 6
Curls55 x 5, 85 x 6, 85 x 6
Calves215 x 8, 215 x 8

Comments
Pretty good workout in spite of being totally depleted and such.

Weight 200.5lbs

Blood&Iron
02-25-2005, 07:00 AM
Looks like your weightloss plan is going real well. That office is sweet, so much nicer than the stuff office I work in. I could see how that setup would really encourage creativity.
Yeah, it's going pretty well. I'm not down much (if any) this morning, but hopefully that trend will not continue.

The office is a *huge* improvement from the last one. We were falling over eachother there (it was meant for about 30-40 people, and we had 70-80 there). It's a function of the company growing so quickly. The staff has increased about 78% since I started. It's pretty stunning, actually.

Isaac Wilkins
02-25-2005, 07:35 AM
I'm looking forward to conversing on the needlessly complicated areas of supplementation and diet with you. Minutia is where it's at.

I'd look into more fiber on a psmf, personally.

cphafner
02-25-2005, 09:16 PM
Yeah, it's going pretty well. I'm not down much (if any) this morning, but hopefully that trend will not continue.

The office is a *huge* improvement from the last one. We were falling over eachother there (it was meant for about 30-40 people, and we had 70-80 there). It's a function of the company growing so quickly. The staff has increased about 78% since I started. It's pretty stunning, actually.

It's better growing than shrinking. My firm laid off 12 last month, no everyone is nervous.

Blood&Iron
02-27-2005, 12:23 PM
Saturday, Feb 26th
Ramblings
As Lyle lays things out, a PSMF for someone with my bodyfat level lasts 11-12 days with no cheat days. Well, I broke it. I had intended to hew as closely as possible to the plan, but as I was driving home from work at about 10pm, my left arm was numb, my entire body hurt, and I just completely felt like I was shutting down. You know that scene in the Star Wars where Obi-Wan Kenobi turns off the shield generator, and it sounds something like:
Zch-oooooooo0o....
That was the sound my body was making. I volunteered to do some paid overtime work over the weekend (about 14 hours worth; I started Friday night which was why I was coming home so late) and the prospect of that combined with no relief in sight just broke me. I picked up some beef jerky, ate it as I was driving home, but finally said: "F*ck this". So, I cooked up some pasta, put on a DVD, and f*ck if I didn't feel 1000 times better. Of course, I didn't consider this a formal carb-up. More just: 'f*ck this, I can't handle doing it non-stop right now. Let's take a day off and come back to it Sunday' So, that's what I did.

So, I decided today to do an impromptu 'heavy' workout to take advantage of my mini-carbup/cheat day/whateverthef*ckitis. Actually, the workout was quite good. Strength was relatively unchanged from before I began dieting again. And this, despite not *really* having carbed-up. I also decided to just take the day off from dieting, to give myself a mental break. I tried not to get too crazy, but at the same time I didn't worry too much about my food choices. Overall, I was actually pretty happy with how things went down. It might not be following "the plan" But you know what? I don't really give a f*ck. I needed this. I will start back on things Sunday, having only really lost one day of dieting, and I think no worse (and possibly a little better) for having done so.

Diet
10:00am 50mg ephedrine, 500mg caffeine, 1/2 scoop dextrose, 1/2 scoop WPC, 2.5g creatine (30g carbs/0g fiber, 12g protein, 1g fat)
10:30am 1/2 scoop dextrose, 10g sucrose
12:00pm 1/2 scoop dextrose, 1 scoop WPC, 2.5g creatine
1:30pm Wendy's Grilled Chicken Sandwich (30g carbs/2g fiber, 35g protein, 5g fat)
3:00pm 2 Kudos bars (40g carbs/2g fiber, 4g protein, 12g fat)
6:30pm 1/2 Hot Pretzel (30g carbs/1g fiber, 3g protein, 3g fat)
8:00pm Buffalo Wild Wings: BBQ Pork Sandwich, 8 Wings, 2 Kudos Bars
10:00pm 1 small rice krispy treat

Totals:
Carbs/Fiber
Protein
Fat
Calories:
Comments:
Tried to not get too crazy, but mostly this was just a mental break so I'm not going to do totals...

Training
Deads 135 x 5, 185 x 3, 225 x 1, 275 x 1, 315 x 3, 315 x 3, 315 x 3
DB OHP35s x 5, 45s x 2, 55s x 1, 65s x 1, 75s x 3, 75s x 3, 75s x 3
HS Row140 x 5, 180 x 2, 270 x 1, 290 x 1, 320 x 3, 320 x 3, 320 x 5
HS Incline140 x 5, 180 x 2, 230 x 1, 270 x 3, 270 x 3
BB Curl 65 x 5, 75 x 1, 85 x 1, 105 x 3, 105 x 3
Curl Jocking/Pump work 10 minutes

Comments
Even though I just did a full-body workout the day before (although with a bit higher reps), I decided to do another one. It actually was pretty damn good, and I think no worse for having worked most of the same exercises just the day before. This is the first time in awhile I've done "heavy" deads, and they felt pretty good. Form was perfect. Also, a PR on the HS Row.

Weight 203lbs

Blood&Iron
02-27-2005, 12:29 PM
Sunday, Feb 27th
Ramblings
Back to dieting...

Diet
11:00am 1/2 scoop dextrose, 1/2 scoop whey (25g carbs/0g fiber, 12g protein, 1g fat)
2:00pm 2 scoops MPI, 2g inulin (5g carbs/2g fiber, 50g protein, 2g fat)
5:00pm

Totals:
Carbs/Fiber
Protein
Fat
Calories:
Comments:

Training
Squats 135 x 15, 135 x 12, 135 x 9
Leg Ext100 x 12, 100 x 10
Leg Curl135 x 12, 135 x 12
HS Row 140 x 16, 140 x 16, 140 x 10
HS Incline 110 x 16, 110 x 15
DB Laterals 10s x 12, 10s x 12, 10s x 10
Pulldown100 x 12, 100 x 9
Pec Deck90 x 12, 100 x 9
Curls45 x 10, 45 x 15, 45 x 9
Calves 175 x 12, 175 x 12

Comments
Three full-body workout in as many days. Squats felt amazing. Just absolutely perfect form, and I felt them in all the right places. Sometimes they feel a little awkward, or I have a little twinge here or there, or I feel unbalanced, or something. None of that this time. Just perfect. Probably the best job I've ever done with them.

Weight 201lbs

rookiebldr
02-27-2005, 08:11 PM
My diet sucks... You're going to see me fat still. :(

Blood&Iron
03-02-2005, 10:00 AM
My diet sucks... You're going to see me fat still. :(
Me too.

My final unofficial update: I did the diet Monday & Tuesday. I took on some extra off-hours work (and I work a fair bit normally), so the combined stresses of workout and just generally being burned out, along with the fact that the diet is tough, ended up with me saying "F*ck this. Do I really give that big of a sh*t?" The answer I cam up with was this:
'No'
So, as of Monday night I was off the diet. Tuesday I ate a bunch of pizza. This morning I was 205.

Oh well. I'll be fat for the Arnold. There are worse things in life.

rookiebldr
03-02-2005, 11:42 AM
It totally doesn't matter, it's your stunning personality that will win us over. :D