PDA

View Full Version : Maxing out tommarow how should i prepare

trooperplayer
02-22-2005, 07:05 PM
Im ganna max out tommarow and im wondering what should i do to prepare to lift at full potential

lilmase1153
02-23-2005, 02:45 AM
what exactly are you maxing? and what is your current max?

if we know this we can help a lil better..

monotone
02-23-2005, 09:17 AM
yeah it would be good to know the lift that you are maxing on, but id say for no matter what it would be a safe bet to say that you should rest so you arent going into tommorow tired.

KingJustin
02-23-2005, 03:57 PM
-Drink a LOT of water before your workout tomorrow.
-Warm up with 5 progressive sets and don't ever go over 6 reps on any of the sets (this may be debatable, I know a lot of people warm up for 20 reps with the bar before doing their ME lift on Westside).
-Static stretch your antagonistic group(s) and maybe do some light dynamic stretches early in your warm-up for the muscle group you're going to work.
-Make sure to visualize the lift really well. Breathe the same way you will when you lift.
-Get pumped up, but concentrate on your form ...
-Breathe in during the eccentric and hold your breathe until you hit your sticky point. At that point, exhale deeply ..
-Lift explosively ... absolutely key!
-Rub the muscle group that is about to be worked really intensely before you lift (or have someone else)
-Rest well tonight
-Get in the habit of getting a "trigger." When I was doing ME bench once a week, before my hardest lift I would kind of rub/lightly pinch more forearm kind of. It was just a trigger that I was going to be doing a lot of work ...

There's some other stuff you can do if you look on T-Mag. Each of these things helped me lift more weight, I would guess I could do 10-20 more pounds on bench than if I didn't do them all (maybe significantly more because of how important lifting explosively is).

Depending on the lift there's some specific tips, but I'm not sure how helpful it will be to change your form entirely right before maxing out (not to say that it won't be effective ... someone else with more knowledge can answer)...

MiamiBallin69
02-23-2005, 05:45 PM
Im ganna max out tommarow and im wondering what should i do to prepare to lift at full potential
Man what a coinsidance today I maxed out myself. Well just make sure you get a good sleep and eat a good breakfast and meals after. Then just make sure you warmup right and make sure your mind is blank and concentrated on the lift and you should be ready to do w/e you going to do

Darracq
02-23-2005, 06:51 PM
Eat like crazy. and drink lots of water.