02-18-2005, 11:34 PM
once again bro you look awesome...

so what are you stats? :hide:

GymRat1
02-19-2005, 12:19 AM
Lookin good, keep it up, player!

orbital
02-19-2005, 01:01 AM
Holy cow. You said you were 46 I think? I have never seen a 46 year old in better shape than that. Lean and big. Delts, arms, chest look fantastic. Legs don't look quite as defined, probably b/c you aren't flexing them, but have lots of size. You have some unbelievable lifts and an unbelievable physique there Mr. Cocoa. Hats off to you.

SirTest2004
02-19-2005, 02:56 AM
it's alwayz good to see veins!looking great!keep up the work

SilverSonic
02-19-2005, 04:40 AM
ripped!!! Pec veins are gnarly

AdmiralDan
02-19-2005, 05:25 AM
looking good

briancurran01
02-19-2005, 06:43 AM
WOOHOOOOOOOOO COCOA.

DAMN BRO, YOU ARE ONE BIG MOFO.

Props to you for putting up the pics man, you did not have to do that and you have shown me that you ARE what i KNEW you WERE...One big MOTHER ****ER

Bruteman
02-19-2005, 07:45 AM
It's funny cause I had a picture in my head what you looked like. Sure enough I was pretty close. What I didn't realize was your age until recently. Too look like that at that age. :bow: You are my fitness idol bro'. :)

ryuage
02-19-2005, 07:50 AM
looking good bro now a body to the name.... haha

500squat
02-19-2005, 08:50 AM
looking amazing bro.....keep it up

muscle chic
02-19-2005, 09:45 AM
looking good!!

Beast
02-19-2005, 09:47 AM
lol, about time you posted some pics. Looking great, Cocoa!

cphafner
02-19-2005, 10:09 AM
Cocoa looking amazing, much bigger trhan I imagined! I think A LOT of people owe you some apologizes.

lilmase1153
02-19-2005, 10:20 AM
:withstupi thats an understatement...

Hercule
02-19-2005, 11:06 AM
Never thought I'd see the day....nice pics bro. Looking awesome.

Brawl
02-19-2005, 11:38 AM
i thought we would get to see pics of a hot black chick . Damn .

Looking good bro .

Alex.V
02-19-2005, 12:52 PM
Cocoa looking amazing, much bigger trhan I imagined! I think A LOT of people owe you some apologizes.

Gladly. I'm sure the story will keep changing enough for it to all make sense. :)

Manveet
02-19-2005, 12:56 PM
great pics!

MM
02-19-2005, 01:04 PM
Impressive veins in the chest, and impressive chest overall.

Maki Riddington
02-19-2005, 02:10 PM
Let me ask you people this question. How do you know this is truely him?

If you can explain this to me using past or present evidence shown on these forums, then maybe I too will believe these pics are not just random shots. Otherwise, these pictures really have no meaning or hold any weight in showing he is who he is, other than a black man.

Bruteman
02-19-2005, 02:31 PM

If you can explain this to me using past or present evidence shown on these forums, then maybe I too will believe these pics are not just random shots. Otherwise, these pictures really have no meaning or hold any weight in showing he is who he is, other than a black man.
How do you know my pics are truely me, or if a lot of members pics are truely them? There are lots of us who haven't met each other. I mean come on. Everyone asked for pics, and now that he posted some you still want to give him sh*t. Now you're seriously just starting to sound like a jealous, whiney, twit, my man. We accept everyone else's pics as being legit, why should we question his?

Maki Riddington
02-19-2005, 02:39 PM
Watch your mouth.

I have every right to voice my concerns. I have never voiced my feelings like this before, so why does it sound like I am jealous all of a sudden?

The difference between you and him is this, I have never questioned you because I have no reason to. If I did I would have.

I strongly feel that he is not telling the whole truth. I asked for evidence stating otherwise, he has now posted pictures of a body with no face or anything to show HARD PROOF that would clear things up. When an individual is being questioned like Coccoa is, it would only be a logical response to show undeniable proof that the person who is calling them out is clearly in the wrong.

JustinASU
02-19-2005, 02:40 PM
Did I miss something? Why is this guy's credibility being questioned...esp. since he's a board vet?

Maki Riddington
02-19-2005, 02:41 PM
Read his old journal.

lilmase1153
02-19-2005, 02:54 PM
Watch your mouth.

I have every right to voice my concerns. I have never voiced my feelings like this before, so why does it sound like I am jealous all of a sudden?

The difference between you and him is this, I have never questioned you because I have no reason to. If I did I would have.

I strongly feel that he is not telling the whole truth. I asked for evidence stating otherwise, he has now posted pictures of a body with no face or anything to show HARD PROOF that would clear things up. When an individual is being questioned like Coccoa is, it would only be a logical response to show undeniable proof that the person who is calling them out is clearly in the wrong.
i agree with some of your points makki no doubt.. but what means of knowing its him wouled you need.. first it was stated taht it was just pics of him you guys wanted and now theres pics and thats not enough.. even if he showed a video one could say is that really him or just someone at his gym.. unless he had both parents 3 forms of ID and whatever else someone needs you just wont know and even than how do you know those are his real parents and those are not fake ID's.. all im saying is its almost impossible to prove someone is who they are over the net.. i myself know there are liars and lots of them in this world but i dont feel like wasting my time trying to sort through them, so i just give everyone the same trust i expect in return and if they lose that trust than taht is that..

this is not a person attack on you makki i tihnk your a stand up guy for multiple reasons.. but the honest truth is nothing will be good enough for you with cocoa..

Bruteman
02-19-2005, 02:57 PM
Watch your mouth.

What do I have to watch my mouth for? :scratch:

Weren't you one of the ones who questioned him in his journal before? You questioned him, he put up the best proof he could, then you still questioned him. The things you are questioning are the reason I said you are starting to sound jealous since you doubt him still.

I also don't know exactly what it is people doubt about him. Is it his "progress", or the amount of weight he can lift?

Organichu
02-19-2005, 02:59 PM
I believe you told him he's acting like a jealous, whiny twit. That seems inappropriate.

Also, no doubt he's big and strong (and I have no reason to doubt these pictures are his).

His progress, most specifically his squats? That I won't believe without rock-hard proof.

You're looking very good, Cocoa! Keep lifting, even if I do see something zany in your numbers. :)

Bruteman
02-19-2005, 03:07 PM
I believe you told him he's acting like a jealous, whiny twit. That seems inappropriate.

Ah, ah, aaahhhh. tuttut I said he's starting to sound like a jealous, whiny twit. I stated it that way very much on purpose. Not to be a smart@ss, but cause I would never show disrespect to someone until I've lost respect for them. I very much respect Maki. He's a good guy with a lot of the same beliefs on life that I have.

Organichu
02-19-2005, 03:18 PM
The best thing about tricky semantics is you can be the big man on campus but then have an out later. :thumbup:

JustinASU
02-19-2005, 03:24 PM
Well I checked out the journal. I guess I understand your point. I dunno what to think...CoCoa if that's you--you look awesome.

Silverback
02-19-2005, 03:28 PM
Great pics cocoa, i kept in touch with cocoa in the very early days of his WBB stay. And even though ive been away for a while, i have no reason to doubt anything against the legitimacy of his info/posts.

Its a shame the thread has gone off at a tangent, because you look awsome mate and you really show that age is irrelevent, hell big ronnie is 42 and he's Mr O!

(i suppose you could post up a pic holding your name on some paper or WBB, just to show them. But its up2 you bro)

peace out :)

B-R

ryuage
02-19-2005, 04:04 PM
what does it matter if it is him or not anyway...... I dont see a point in lying to people you dont even know. Anyways only way you will know is if you really meet him now wouldnt it.... =\ and even then.... do you want him to get a sign that says hi im cocoa and hold it in his picture?

Silverback
02-19-2005, 04:17 PM
I do't like it more than you ryu, it was just a suggestion. I honestly dont want him 2. Dont see the point, im 100% sure that its cocoa. I was just saying it for the sake of showing the doubters.

cphafner
02-19-2005, 04:19 PM

I guess we have to be skeptical of every person until they meet another member of the board.

TBone4Eva
02-19-2005, 04:20 PM
Hmmm, not a bad idea Ryu, lol. Whatever, you look awesome Cocoa.

Maki Riddington
02-19-2005, 04:25 PM
Ah, ah, aaahhhh. tuttut I said he's starting to sound like a jealous, whiny twit. I stated it that way very much on purpose. Not to be a smart@ss, but cause I would never show disrespect to someone until I've lost respect for them. I very much respect Maki. He's a good guy with a lot of the same beliefs on life that I have.

I felt it was uncalled for because it was insinuating that this was how I was behaving when I have never ever acted this way on this board.

Anyways, no hard feelings. It's the Internet and how we convey our feelings are a lot of times very different to how we would speak to each other in person.:)

Maki Riddington
02-19-2005, 04:26 PM
i agree with some of your points makki no doubt.. but what means of knowing its him wouled you need.. first it was stated taht it was just pics of him you guys wanted and now theres pics and thats not enough.. even if he showed a video one could say is that really him or just someone at his gym.. unless he had both parents 3 forms of ID and whatever else someone needs you just wont know and even than how do you know those are his real parents and those are not fake ID's.. all im saying is its almost impossible to prove someone is who they are over the net.. i myself know there are liars and lots of them in this world but i dont feel like wasting my time trying to sort through them, so i just give everyone the same trust i expect in return and if they lose that trust than taht is that..

this is not a person attack on you makki i tihnk your a stand up guy for multiple reasons.. but the honest truth is nothing will be good enough for you with cocoa..

A video with a sign saying, " prepare to eat your words Maki" would be a start. I'm being serious.

Maki Riddington
02-19-2005, 04:30 PM
I guess we have to be skeptical of every person until they meet another member of the board.

Maybe, but usually I can tell with people if they are in some way stretching the truth when it comes to the matter of lifting weights and progressing at a unreasonable rate.

Hatred
02-19-2005, 04:30 PM
I agree. Sorry but Even if that is Cocoa the body does not match the numbers in the journal. Whoever it is looks ok and lean. But they do not posess the godlike power described in Cocoa's journal.
I am going to The arnold and already know a couple members personally.

P.S. ANY arm will look huge if you put the goddam lens right up to it.

Frankster
02-19-2005, 04:36 PM
I don't know the story with the journal... but why are the pictures so fuzzy around the edges ..and what's up with the lumps... looks photoshoped to me ( not saying it is, maybe it's a cheap camera that creates lumps :clown: )
Lump: http://www.wannabebigforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=15354
Lump: http://www.wannabebigforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=15346

galileo
02-19-2005, 04:40 PM
I agree. Sorry but Even if that is Cocoa the body does not match the numbers in the journal. Whoever it is looks ok and lean. But they do not posess the godlike power described in Cocoa's journal.
I am going to The arnold and already know a couple members personally.

P.S. ANY arm will look huge if you put the goddam lens right up to it.

I have to agree with Nevermore on this one. The pictures look good and they match up somewhat the stats presented, but by all means they don't represent the lifts claimed. I actually was expecting something a little more than what was shown as I am inclined to give people the benefit of the doubt.

Either way, I don't care what people claim to lift. I have a very strong feeling that more than a few people on this site stretch the truth from time to time.

Organichu
02-19-2005, 04:45 PM
Precisely, Galileo. I don't doubt that this is him.. I doubt that some of those numbers are his.

JustinASU
02-19-2005, 05:02 PM
I have to agree with Nevermore on this one. The pictures look good and they match up somewhat the stats presented, but by all means they don't represent the lifts claimed. I actually was expecting something a little more than what was shown as I am inclined to give people the benefit of the doubt.

Either way, I don't care what people claim to lift. I have a very strong feeling that more than a few people on this site stretch the truth from time to time.

People lie on the internet? Nah.

emjlr3
02-19-2005, 05:24 PM
nice chest, i guess ill go check out ur journal and see why everyone is argueing, but over all great body, your a short term goal of mine i suppose

ryuage
02-19-2005, 05:50 PM
People lie on the internet? Nah.

of course not.... I mean why would I lie about being 5'8 280 lbs with 5% bodyfat

Hatred
02-19-2005, 05:54 PM
Adding a rep or two here and there or 2.5 lbs is lying on the internet.

Fabricating a lifestyle and 2 yrs of nonstop herculean progress is damned ludicrous.

Focused70
02-19-2005, 06:20 PM
I'll withhold judgment until I see a video that documents your lifts, no offense, CoCoa.

In the meantime, bring on the popcorn! :lurk:

Stash

getfit
02-19-2005, 06:20 PM
Adding a rep or two here and there or 2.5 lbs is lying on the internet.

Fabricating a lifestyle and 2 yrs of nonstop herculean progress is damned ludicrous.
:withstupi hummmmmmm don't know but from what i've seen sept 2003 hack squats at 360 and then didn't check the date but sometime in 2004 hack squats at 660 i could be wrong but seems just over powering for me! and natural! oh well i could be wrong!

Hatred
02-19-2005, 07:16 PM
See if that guy will email you a vid.

kbber
02-19-2005, 07:41 PM
lookin good

Stackattack
02-19-2005, 08:54 PM
You look awesome CoCoa. Pretty well exactly as i pictured you.

Bruteman
02-19-2005, 10:06 PM
See if that guy will email you a vid.
This isn't directed at you imparticular Nevermore. :)

Actually, Coke was trying to do a vid, but was having a problem of some sort. He just got this camera and isn't quite sure how to use it yet. I'd assume that's one of the reason's the pics are kind of "rough" too.

Canadian Crippler
02-19-2005, 10:15 PM
I still wanna see a vids/pics of you hack squatting 710 and lateral raising 75s.

Either way, you look great bro take some further back pics because it's hard to tell proportions like this. Chest is huge.

Coke
02-19-2005, 10:21 PM
The video is completed and has been for several days...the problem is the only means of getting a video to this site is via MSN Messenger, I am having the trouble there and hope to get that resolved this week...also it is on such a high performance grade digital camera that it is way too large to e-mail the video. The same goes for the pics, this is super high quality and is actually the opposite as what was supposed earlier...the better cameras can do this online and you must actually lower the quality before posting the pics...I'd say that most of them turned out very well (it is true though, I do have the 2 lumps).

Thanks for such a tremendous response...I somehow feel that controversy will follow me all of my WBB days - :D

It is truly me in the pics...Thanks for all of the props. The video is coming, be patient because of the difficulties I am having uploading it. Anthony is the one helping me on this issue.

Wikked1
02-20-2005, 05:01 AM
Dude the pics look real good,I'm jealous. I think it's a shame but you're correct. Skeptisism and doubt will haunt you until you post positive proof of your identity. (which sort of sucks considering we're on the internet & all but.....) I never realized your age either dude.....that's impressive stuff at your age......now if I could do 1/2 as well I'd honestly have been post whoring all over the internet and be puffed up like a 10 cent balloon. (*but that's just me) oh and uh the thread title? Cocoa puffs would have been so much better! :D (j/k man)

GoldsClarendon
02-20-2005, 08:37 AM
good thick delts, great vascularity on arms and upper chest.

U lookin to put on more size man? U would be really diesel if you did.

Great work!

suprarob
02-20-2005, 08:45 AM
Show your face like a man!!!!!!!!!!! LOL.

CiteCollegiale
02-20-2005, 09:32 AM
Unless he's trying to sell something why should we question his numbers

Alex.V
02-20-2005, 09:44 AM
Unless he's trying to sell something why should we question his numbers

Because natural 40-somethings do not make the progress in a year that he has. If you look at his journal, you see in a year he's gone from lifts that most people in a gym can do, to bent over lateral raises with more weight than professional bodybuilders use (I mean, honestly, 90 pounds?), hack squats using poundages that many powerlifters would stumble under, and progress that hasn't even hiccuped. Nobody's saying he might not be in good shape, or strong, or impressive.

But something doesn't add up. Questions have been dodged, answers changed...

I hate to be one doubting... I had to deal with it plenty myself here. But I at least have explained everything, kept a consistent story, and met enough people here to justify my claims.

Manveet
02-20-2005, 10:09 AM
The video is completed and has been for several days...the problem is the only means of getting a video to this site is via MSN Messenger, I am having the trouble there and hope to get that resolved this week...also it is on such a high performance grade digital camera that it is way too large to e-mail the video. The same goes for the pics, this is super high quality and is actually the opposite as what was supposed earlier...the better cameras can do this online and you must actually lower the quality before posting the pics...I'd say that most of them turned out very well (it is true though, I do have the 2 lumps).

Thanks for such a tremendous response...I somehow feel that controversy will follow me all of my WBB days - :D

It is truly me in the pics...Thanks for all of the props. The video is coming, be patient because of the difficulties I am having uploading it. Anthony is the one helping me on this issue.

hope that vid comes soon!;)

Hatred
02-20-2005, 11:24 AM
Because natural 40-somethings do not make the progress in a year that he has. If you look at his journal, you see in a year he's gone from lifts that most people in a gym can do, to bent over lateral raises with more weight than professional bodybuilders use (I mean, honestly, 90 pounds?), hack squats using poundages that many powerlifters would stumble under, and progress that hasn't even hiccuped. Nobody's saying he might not be in good shape, or strong, or impressive.

But something doesn't add up. Questions have been dodged, answers changed...

I hate to be one doubting... I had to deal with it plenty myself here. But I at least have explained everything, kept a consistent story, and met enough people here to justify my claims.

I am with Alex 100%. I am not saying he is a slob on a couch somewhere. I will shut up as soon as I see some of these feats on video.

KiwiBuilder
02-20-2005, 12:57 PM
Awesome work man.

I'm sorry to see that even after posting photos you still have people who choose to doubt, which says to me that nothing you do will be good enough.

But, the dude in the photos is huge - you are posting huge numbers, ergo I have no reason to doubt you, so as far as I'm concerned it's you bro.

Hatred
02-20-2005, 01:37 PM
I can squat 900. It's posted so it's me right?

KiwiBuilder
02-20-2005, 01:58 PM
If you say so. I have no reason to doubt you, except that I have never seen YOUR photos... And even if I had, how could I be sure they were REALLY you?

Focused70
02-20-2005, 03:00 PM
If you look through Josh's journal, you'll find that he's posted photos. I don't know which page but his current avatar is an old pic of his lat spread (at the time that he posted them). He's inflated now :p, from what BDK and others say.

And besides, I'll see for myself in two weeks as to whether those wings are for real. :p

Stash

KiwiBuilder
02-20-2005, 03:03 PM
If you look through Josh's journal, you'll find that he's posted photos. I don't know which page but his current avatar is an old pic of his lat spread (at the time that he posted them). He's inflated now :p, from what BDK and others say.

And besides, I'll see for myself in two weeks as to whether those wings are for real. :p

Stash

I have no doubt that he has. I said I haven't seen them.

Focused70
02-20-2005, 03:23 PM
So....CoCoa posts pix that purport to be him and you have no doubts as to their veracity.

Yet you might doubt someone who's claims have been verified already by at least one member of WBB.

Nice logic. :scratch:

Stash

John0101
02-20-2005, 04:03 PM
CoCoa, you look good. Upper body rocks but you need better legs shots.

KiwiBuilder
02-20-2005, 04:06 PM
So....CoCoa posts pix that purport to be him and you have no doubts as to their veracity.

Yet you might doubt someone who's claims have been verified already by at least one member of WBB.

Nice logic. :scratch:

Stash

Again - why should I doubt him?

And yes, I might doubt Josh, because I haven't seen his photos. Doesn't mean they aren't there. And BTW he claimed to squat 900. I didn't see anyone back that up :)

debussy
02-20-2005, 04:11 PM
legs dont look like they hack squat 700. could be a bad pic though.

Focused70
02-20-2005, 04:16 PM
Josh was being facetious.

Fyi, J's lifts have been seen in person by at least one member of this site. None of us have seen CoCoa or his purported lifts either in person or in a video.

This is utterly exhausting. I think I'll go eat now since today was spent moving from midtown Manhattan to my new apartment.

Got some popcorn?

Stash

KiwiBuilder
02-20-2005, 04:30 PM
Josh was being facetious.

As was I :)

Got some popcorn?

Yep, although I may not have enough for two... :)

smalls
02-20-2005, 04:58 PM
Whoever is in the photos looks good, especially nice back. But as stated those legs dont hack 750 and those delts dont raise 90+. I dont understand how people are beleiving these numbers.

GMCtrk
02-20-2005, 05:04 PM
omfg this is so laughable....whoever that person in the picture is no more than 170 lbs lol. but who in their right mind who do all this to trick people???

TheGimp
02-20-2005, 06:12 PM
Great pics Coke, I'm looking forward to that vid :)

MM
02-20-2005, 06:15 PM
Did someone day 90lb db bent over lat raises?

Rancher200
02-20-2005, 06:43 PM
Looking good, what are your stats?

Dirt
02-20-2005, 07:13 PM
Whoever is in the photos looks good, especially nice back. But as stated those legs dont hack 750 and those delts dont raise 90+. I dont understand how people are beleiving these numbers.

:withstupi

You're on point with your comments smalls. Although I don't know the entire story I have taken a peak at the journal to see progress/lifts/etc. and I have to say I'd be blown away if the man in those pictures is lifting and progressing as much as that journal indicated. 700lb hacks? 90lb delt raises? those lifts are insane. The most I've ever seen someone lateral raise in person was probably 50-55lbs (maybe 60) and the guy doing it was one of the biggest guys that even goes to that gym. In terms of size he blows the guy in the picture away. If this story is legit, it's definitely the most bizarre/unbelievable thing I've seen as far as bodybuilding goes.

Organichu
02-20-2005, 07:25 PM
Actually, here's a good idea.

I find it almost equally hard to believe that someone would lie this fluently and extensively for so long.

Maybe he has horrible form or does some assists which he isn't telling about- or doesn't know about.

Maybe his spotter helps him tons on squats, his form on lat. raises is horrible, etc.

I mean, even with this it's a stretch, but I can't imagine him defending himself this vehemently if it's all entirely void.

smalls
02-20-2005, 07:48 PM
Actually, here's a good idea.

I find it almost equally hard to believe that someone would lie this fluently and extensively for so long.

Maybe he has horrible form or does some assists which he isn't telling about- or doesn't know about.

Maybe his spotter helps him tons on squats, his form on lat. raises is horrible, etc.

I mean, even with this it's a stretch, but I can't imagine him defending himself this vehemently if it's all entirely void.

I agree bro, good points. I was going to say that his lifts are beleivable if there are less than 2 inches ROM and insane amount of momentum are used, which, like you said, very well may be the case.

EdgeCrusher
02-20-2005, 08:11 PM
i'll believe his lifts when i see a video

KiwiBuilder
02-20-2005, 08:25 PM
If Coke was doing the Pete Cisco Power Factor routines then the figures could be right on - I say that because my training partner bent a bar (non Olympic) doing close grip bench with 120 Kgs on each end. Those weights are just not achievable with a full ROM.

However, I don't think his physique matches up with that routine.

SW
02-20-2005, 09:00 PM
Great pictures, whoever they are.

Wikked1
02-21-2005, 07:01 AM
All right ,alright this is getting ridiculous.
Check these out (http://www.uspf.com/Records/records1.htm) for some indication of what is real ,what is possible,and then use your own judgement.
It occurred to me the other day as I watched some other guy work incline Bench with 225. His R.O.M. was maybe 4" at best and he eaked out 10-12 reps and reracked the bar as if accomplishing a monumental task. Meanwhile I throw 185 on incline and can manage barely 4-5 reps before I'm cooked. I'm bigger than this guy and undoubtably he (when asked) will tell someone that he Incline Benches 225 for 12 or more reps (but if you saw him do it you'd understand why he makes the claim) His R.O.M. SUCKS! I could do 225 like that! I can also bench 320 for 1 but that's on a damned machine! That don't mean jack sh*t,it's not even close to what I can really bench free weights for a real rep. (NO it's not even CLOSE to 300lbs!) Now the real thing here is this: DO I CARE that this guy claims he can incline 225 for reps? hell no! When it gets right down to it,it has little to do with me and why should I concern myself with what his claims are? There are guys on this board who are monsters,guys who are strong and guys who are tough,there are also guys who are bullsh*tters. Anyone who has been to his gym regulary for longer than 6 months should be able to seperate them all. But in the end who cares what the other guy claims he can lift? Who is the guy who moves the weight 2" and calls it a rep hurting in the end? Only himself. Point is do we still need to drag this out and burn the guy at the stake?

Guido
02-21-2005, 08:34 AM
Well put, Wikked. Who really cares? If that is Coke in the pics then there is still no denying that he has a good physique, regardless of actual strength.

Alex.V
02-21-2005, 10:10 AM
People object for the same reason that we hate bodybuilding magazines that promote ****ty workouts and bogus supplements as the way to "look like the pros" that grace their pages.

It's dishonest, and sets unrealistic expectations.

Organichu
02-21-2005, 10:23 AM
Exactly.. lots of newbies browse those journals day in, day out.

The guy in that picture can bench and squat far more than I can- I don't care about that, and I'm not "offended" because he lies/makes a mistake.

I'm trying to figure out the truth as it is, and reveal it, because that's the best for all parties involved- including the newbies who look at this site (which, imo, is the most credible bodybuilding forum on the net, for me)- as some of them read these things and take them as gospel. Deception can potentially inhibit some people on this board, and I don't like that.

emjlr3
02-21-2005, 10:35 AM
where is his journal at, and where is the vid, 90 side raises.......ronnie does 75, and yea those legs were not 600lb squat legs

lilmase1153
02-21-2005, 11:13 AM
where is his journal at, and where is the vid, 90 side raises.......ronnie does 75, and yea those legs were not 600lb squat legs
vids are coming last he wrote anyways.. and its not squat 600 its hack squat on a machine bro.. ( comment was not condecending)

anyways heres a quick fix how about he keeps posting his w/os and just not include weight used.. so he does
hack squats
4 sets of 10.. just an idea anyways//

Organichu
02-21-2005, 11:26 AM
F' it, I'm too busy starving myself to get rid of my titties to care about this.

Good luck with your lifting, Cocoa. :)

-goes to workout-

Coke
02-23-2005, 05:58 AM
The video is here (Thanks Anthony)

I am doing hack squats with 9pps and equals a total of 810lbs plus the carriage which I don't count. This is the absolute max for me, I'll be shooting for more atf like reps from here on out and include the other leg moves to go full circle. I'll get some more pics too besides these 'starter ones' - ;)

Sorry for the drama concerning everything, hope to get some nice replies on the video - this hurts, lol:

http://www.wannabebig.com/vids/coke%20035.wmv

snowster900
02-23-2005, 06:05 AM
very impressive man, nice lift!!! Im deffinetlly sure youll get some replies for this.

lilmase1153
02-23-2005, 06:10 AM
honestly i dont care what your ROM is on that cause i know for damn sure i couldnt even unrack that weight, so you get all the props in the world from me.. but there is one thing i have to question you on..

your age no way your 46 bro lol.. you look great and not a day over 30. you must be gettin all the chicks :)

galileo
02-23-2005, 06:26 AM
honestly i dont care what your ROM is on that cause i know for damn sure i couldnt even unrack that weight, so you get all the props in the world from me.. but there is one thing i have to question you on..

If you can squat 405x3 and you don't think you can unrack 810 on a hack, you're full of ****.

Bruteman
02-23-2005, 06:27 AM
Real nice lift bud. My crappy computer shows the vid all herky jerky, so can't see how deep you go for sure. I'll have to watch it a few times and eventually it'll play better. As mase said though, you get props for just moving it. It seems like you go down pretty good, so it counts as a good lift to me.

Gyno Rhino
02-23-2005, 06:34 AM
I will give you props for posting your pics and vid. It took guts of you to do that.

But to be brutally honest, that's all the props you'll get from me. I can now see why your numbers are as high as you list them. You are barely even passing through the upper half of a normal ROM for a hack squat. You're also at an extreme angle, which is allowing you to do about half the work that the numbers say you're doing (and by work, I mean in the science sense : F*d).

What you've done there is roughly the equivalent of half that weight in a partial squat = maybe 365-405 for the upper half ROM of the movement. This is something the majority of us here can do without much trouble.

This video makes your numbers make sense. I await your rear-delt raises, as now I know what to expect from them.

Focused70
02-23-2005, 06:40 AM
:withstupi

however, seeing that video is now making me re-evaluate my hack squat form, because now I'm wondering if I'm going deep enough. I guess that's a good thing, innit?

Stash

Coke
02-23-2005, 06:45 AM
I will give you props for posting your pics and vid. It took guts of you to do that. But to be brutally honest...

No excuses from me but the angle in which the video was taken in will not do me the greatest justice and I was warned as such, suffice to say that I am just below parallel by the mirror...those in the gym give me direct kudos and say I am doing correct but I plan to go more atf as I said. The angle on the hacks are not near what you are implying if you saw it in person. Believe me, this is tough...it kills me, lol...

Thanks for replying, I hope to be more of an inspiration to you like you said I was before the drama began...I am only human and wish to receive some kind of recognition for the efforts instead of being downsized to naught.

Stackattack
02-23-2005, 06:48 AM
The lift looks good to me Coke. Although not full ROM, It's still an awesome lift, and i think you used a much larger ROM than some were expecting. And i agree with Mase. You look ALOT younger than 46. Nice work.

Gyno Rhino
02-23-2005, 06:52 AM
Thanks for replying, I hope to be more of an inspiration to you like you said I was before the drama began...

I owe you an apology. I was being sarcastic in those first posts - I thought it was obvious.

TheGimp
02-23-2005, 07:05 AM
lol real nice vid Coke, very inspirational, makes me want to go hit the weights!

galileo
02-23-2005, 07:19 AM
ok well it all depends if i can unrack it or not.. the hack machine at my gym has 2 settings one tall one and one short one.. the tall one i cant even reach with my tippy toes so thats a no go. the small one me knees are already bent so i so i wold pretty much have to half rep 810lbs which i dont think is possible.. so what if i can squat 405 this is 2x that much of my max. so saying im full of s**t is not very nice at all and i would like an apology...

That was utter excuse-filled crap. A hack squat is nothing like a regular squat and you claim to do 405x3, which is more than enough strength to unrack 810lbs on a hack squat. I never said you had to perform even a half-rep, just unrack it in the same fashion that Cocoa did (based on context). I am not here to be nice, I am here to represent things with unabridged honesty. If you don't like the way I address things, you can put me on your ignore list.

MM
02-23-2005, 07:26 AM
The tall one you can't reach when standing on your tip-toes, and short one your knees are so bent that you'd be half-repping? Sounds like a really crappy hack-squat rack. For what it's worth, I don't like the hack-squat rack at my gym. Looks quite a bit different from the one Coke is using.

galileo
02-23-2005, 07:28 AM
But to be brutally honest, that's all the props you'll get from me. I can now see why your numbers are as high as you list them. You are barely even passing through the upper half of a normal ROM for a hack squat. You're also at an extreme angle, which is allowing you to do about half the work that the numbers say you're doing (and by work, I mean in the science sense : F*d).

What you've done there is roughly the equivalent of half that weight in a partial squat = maybe 365-405 for the upper half ROM of the movement. This is something the majority of us here can do without much trouble.

This video makes your numbers make sense. I await your rear-delt raises, as now I know what to expect from them.

I hate to agree with GR, but I must. The ROM is about 50% and even with the angle of the video it is quite apparent.

I was silently hoping you'd prove everyone wrong here, but you've disappointed me. I'm sure you won't lose your fan club though, you could probably convince them to do curls in the squat rack if you so desired.

Coke
02-23-2005, 07:46 AM
I hate to agree with GR, but I must. The ROM is about 50% and even with the angle of the video it is quite apparent.

I was silently hoping you'd prove everyone wrong here, but you've disappointed me. I'm sure you won't lose your fan club though, you could probably convince them to do curls in the squat rack if you so desired.

I proved that I can do this though 810lbs is my absolute peak weight...if you want to try it and post a video go right ahead.

I am not going to be involved in the drama much further regardless of what anyone would have to say...I am not hear to sugarcoat either but I am going to put this behind me and be friends with all if that is possible.

Galileo you have a right to express your opinions as does everyone else with the possible exception of Stash who cannot lift a dime, lol...one day I will post a video in your honor and Maki, ElP, and Belial or anyone who says something not so great regarding me or anything.

One day we will put this all behind us, let these be starters - the pics and the video...I promise to go ATF on the hacks in just a bit. Like I said its brutal as is!!...these count as reps bro.

galileo
02-23-2005, 07:54 AM
You certainly proved that you can do half-reps with 810lbs, yes. If that was what you were going for, then by all means congratulations.

I have videos and I've shared them with people, but nobody doubts my feats as I claim nothing spectacular.

As I said, I was against a lot of the things people said to you - I feel it is your right to post your lifts however you may see them. You posted them here to prove something and you achieved just that. Unfortunately, it wasn't as cut and dried as everyone would hope and you're just getting deeper in controversy.

briancurran01
02-23-2005, 07:55 AM
hey cocoa...you have always been cool to me BUT your comment about stash is messed up and there was no need for you to make a comment like that.

No matter what anyone can lift here there opinoin is ALWAYS valid. My opinoin of you after reading that just took a huge dive.

Coke
02-23-2005, 07:57 AM
hey cocoa...you have always been cool to me BUT your comment about stash is messed up and there was no need for you to make a comment like that.

No matter what anyone can lift here there opinoin is ALWAYS valid. My opinoin of you after reading that just took a huge dive.

That may very well be but he had the nerve to make his comment ...you did not say anything to him about what he said regarding my effort.

briancurran01
02-23-2005, 08:00 AM
he is entitled to his opinoin no matter what he can lift. i havent commented on your lift and probably wont as i dont see the point. Your comment above makes you sound like a conceited person in my opinoin.

briancurran01
02-23-2005, 08:02 AM
like i said yesterday you drew this out...if i was questioned in the same manner as you were i would have psted something immediatly not months after the fact. but that is just me

Coke
02-23-2005, 08:05 AM
he is entitled to his opinoin no matter what he can lift. i havent commented on your lift and probably wont as i dont see the point. Your comment above makes you sound like a conceited person in my opinoin.

The fact that I don't appreciate certain comments made is not conceited at all, you would do the same thing after all that has taken place.

This brings some sense of closure as far as I am concerned with me posting the pics and video, and it truly does not matter what anyone says from here on out but the way I feel, he really has no place in this regards - at least them other cats all lift some weights, that is my opinion ...if I have lost your friendship because of the comment I made then so be it.

briancurran01
02-23-2005, 08:07 AM
The fact that I don't appreciate certain comments made is not conceited at all, you would do the same thing after all that has been done.

This brings some sense of closure as far as I am concerned with me posting the pics and video, and it truly does not matter what anyone says from here on out but the way I feel, he really has no place in this regards - that is my opinion ...if I have lost your friendship because of the comment I made then so be it.

that speaks volumes about the kind of person you are cocoa

VOLUMES.

Focused70
02-23-2005, 08:08 AM
Galileo you have a right to express your opinions as does everyone else with the possible exception of Stash who cannot lift a dime, lol...one day I will post a video in your honor and Maki, ElP, and Belial or anyone who says something not so great regarding me or anything.

And what of it?

I apologize for past remarks regarding your prowess in the gym, however statements such as this are unwarranted. It's quite true I am a newbie at lifting, but then all of my representations are accurate with respect to performance.

This brings some sense of closure as far as I am concerned with me posting the pics and video, and it truly does not matter what anyone says from here on out but the way I feel, he really has no place in this regards - at least them other cats all lift some weights, that is my opinion ...if I have lost your friendship because of the comment I made then so be it.

In point of fact, if it truly did not matter what anyone says here as you claim, then you would not have made any rejoinders. I have as much right as anyone else has to post an opinion. There are a number of ways you could have handled this that do not entail making the comment that you did.

*If* you find my statements to be offensive, you're more than welcome to put me in your little black book. The same goes for anyone here as well.

Thanks.

Stash

Coke
02-23-2005, 08:18 AM
My whole desire was to bring my situation to closure and to tell you the truth I think I have done that by going back to posting in my journal, bringing some pics and finally this video.

There is no need for me to get involved with a whole new situation with you two from left field. This is not about either one of you, this should be concerning the fact that I did post the video today as I promised.

RBB
02-23-2005, 08:20 AM
i gotta agree with ghyno. but really, this is about what i expected. it would take a huge b*stard to hack that kind of weight with good form. if you adjusted your ROM and angle, your poundage would take a significant hit. i'm sure your form is still quite taxing on the legs, but i can see why the mods have issues with your numbers. they are somewhat misleading if people think you're using perfect form.

however, i'll say that you're looking good and you're definitely a strong guy. so keep up the good work bro.

ElPietro
02-23-2005, 08:29 AM
Since you brought up my name I'll respond. I wasn't going to say much unless I saw a video of the lift that made me speak out in the first place. To me, machine lifts mean relatively little. That thing looks like pretty much a partial ROM leg press. Machines are all on different angles, with different resistance, and different levels of being broken in. So seeing a machine lift doesn't really do anything for me.

I'd love to see a bent over lateral raise with 90 or 95 lb dumbells, and a 365 lb bench from you. Since you now clearly have the ability to post vids, maybe posting something with a free weight exercise will put things to rest one way or the other. Until then I don't really have much else to say.

galileo
02-23-2005, 08:31 AM
There is no need for me to get involved with a whole new situation with you two from left field.

The funny part of this is - I wasn't making an issue, just voicing my opinion on the video. You're completely on the defensive, which is understandable, but you're creating situations from people's opinions, which is exactly what you posted your video to get.

bill
02-23-2005, 08:40 AM
Glad you posted it Cocoa. Now everyone can make there own mind up. I will say I'm not impressed, but if it works for you who cares really!!!! so no bad here, I still give some props for posting. Except the mods as it part of their job.

Relentless
02-23-2005, 08:50 AM
CoCoa,

Props to you for posting pics and vid. Personally I think it's a shame that so much drama is circulating around about all this but in the end that is one of the charms and benefits of this site. People here aren't afraid to question/challenge others' claims.

In your pics you clearly look like you have some muscle mass and a decent level of BF%. Hard to tell in some pics but chest in particular looks like a strong point. Hard to make any evaluation of the legs as that is a pretty useless picture of them. Nice vascularity popping up in the arms in most pics as well.

I would say that most of the pictures are poorly framed and setup, and as far as I can tell, the only pic that allows any sense of proportion is the back picture, which is one of the few that isn't at a weird angle or zoomed in so close that you can barely tell what the picture is OF. But this is a common issue; few people here seem to be able to frame pictures properly. I will say here what I've said elsewhere: a mini-tripod can be had at your local camera store for a pittance and it will vastly improve your ability to take pictures of yourself that properly represent how you look. Standard bodybuilding posts are the best choices for showing how you actually look but most/many people tend to avoid them because they will also expose your flaws and weaknesses (that's WHY they are standard poses).

As far as the video of the hack squats, I will agree with the others that have stated the ROM is pretty suspect. I would estimate the reps at 40% or less of the ROM needed to go parallel/just below, which is where most would typically judge as the proper depth to hit for hacks.

By comparison, check out the gif from exrx.net... this guy is going to somewhat below parallel but you can see how far his hips move as he slides on the sled with the hacks.
http://www.exrx.net/AnimatedEx/Quadriceps/SLHackSquat.gif
The guy in this animated gif has a ROM of (depending on his height) somewhere in the neighborhood of 2 feet.

In your video Cocoa, the ROM was certainly less than a foot. More like 8" or so. All one need do is observe the distance moved by the plates on the side...

if anyone wants to test this themselves, launch the video and place your mouse cursor at the bottom of the plates before Cocoa starts the negative portion of his ROM. Observe where he ends up at the bottom of his ROM... the mouse cursor will be somewhere below the midway point of the weight plate. Your typical 45lb plate is about what, 18" across? Thus the ROM is 6-8" if he's moving between 1/3 and 1/2 the width of the plate. The penultimate and final reps are a bit deeper and I imagine that I can see Cocoa struggle a bit at the bottom of his ROM especially on the last rep. It certainly seemed that there was a pause/struggle at the bottom of that rep and it definitely was 1-2" deeper than the rest. The bottoms of the legs of your baggy jeans *might* be getting close to parallel on those reps but parallel means the midline of your thigh... food for thought.

If the ROM of all of your exercises are similar to this, Cocoa, I have a lot less trouble accepting the results posted in your journal. For instance if your 335x4 bench press reps are that same 1/3-1/2 ROM at the top portion of the ROM I can easily see that being possible. Ditto for the +135lb pullups and other herculean-sounding efforts. I would join ElPietro and the others in really wanting to see your DB bent over lateral raises as well because I just GOTTA see how your form/ROM looks on that.

I can't remember what your max deadlift was either, but I'd love to see a deadlift video if it has progressed like your other lifts. I suspect that it hasn't. Your deadlifts were in the low to mid 300s last time I saw some in your journal (summertime of last year). 300-400 is a very achievable deadlift for someone of your size and relative strength and I suspect that you have found deadlifts hard to progress in the same way you have in other lifts for the simple fact that you can't limit ROM or use much in the way of mechanical advantage for deadlifts. Either you can pick up the weight or you can't. :) You can't fool deadlifts. Hm. That's almost sig-worthy. ;)

Now all that said, you clearly have some impressive strength and power just to move the weights you're moving, regardless of the form used. People can criticize your form as I have on those hacks (and other exercises), but ultimately you ARE moving that weight through some sort of ROM. It takes non-trivial strength levels just to unrack those weights.

Personally, I think you are actually limiting your progress by using those kinds of ROMs. I believe that you would be very well served by dropping the weight WAY down and focusing on ROM and form as you work your way back up. You might also want to seek out and train with a powerlifting coach or experienced powerlifter who could help you with form on your core lifts and give you tips to ensure injury-free heavy lifting for years to come. Moving heavy weights through limited ROMs is a recipe for tendonitis and joint injuries, at the very least.

Regards,
Callahan

GrumpyTX
02-23-2005, 08:58 AM
You look good man. I didnt watch the vid, just read a couple posts. When I do hacks, I go down to just the point to wear I can feel the pressure of the pad on my lower back start to change, then I go back up. I dont go far enough to cause my back to leave the pad.

Coke
02-23-2005, 09:00 AM
The funny part of this is - I wasn't making an issue, just voicing my opinion on the video. You're completely on the defensive, which is understandable, but you're creating situations from people's opinions, which is exactly what you posted your video to get.

When I was speaking of you two - it was BrianCurran01 and Stash...that was out of the park and unexpected.

I wanted to bring the old drama level down and not have no new issues come up...no I did not like the statement coming from someone who cannot lift a dime, I remain firm on that one.

If anybody else can do what I did in the video or close to it, then more power to them...I did what I was asked to do when I posted the pics and now this video. I was not making a concerted effort to impress anyone but I will make more better pics and and also a better hacks video and some other moves in the future based on how I am approached on the matter...no need to judge me by this lift and say I have no ROM's and so on in all my movements because you don't feel the hacks are legit...I feel that what I have done counts as a rep on the hacks and will go more ATF as I stated before.

Is the drama over with??...I wish to be at peace with all if that is possible. Lets move on. Thanks everyone for the replies...what's up Grump.

Jabberwocky
02-23-2005, 09:00 AM
You look great for your age. Props to you and keep doing whatever it is your doing.

Focused70
02-23-2005, 09:07 AM
this should be concerning the fact that I did post the video today as I promised.

And so you have. Props to you for having size and strength at your age. One of my close friends (he will be 54 as of next month) has a build similar to yours. It gives me hope that I can look like that when it's my turn to be 46, assuming I live that long (*knock on wood*).

My capability to lift dimes notwithstanding, ;) if anything good came out of your vid, it's that I'm now questioning my own performance on hacks which are done on a machine, not a sled.

Stash

briancurran01
02-23-2005, 09:18 AM
When I was speaking of you two - it was BrianCurran01 and Stash...that was out of the park and unexpected.

I wanted to bring the old drama level down and not have no new issues come up...no I did not like the statement coming from someone who cannot lift a dime, I remain firm on that one.

If anybody else can do what I did in the video or close to it, then more power to them...I did what I was asked to do when I posted the pics and now this video. I was not making a concerted effort to impress anyone but I will make more better pics and and also a better hacks video and some other moves in the future based on how I am approached on the matter...no need to judge me by this lift and say I have no ROM's and so on because you don't feel the hacks are legit...I feel that what I have done counts as a rep on the hacks and will go more ATF as I stated before.

Is the drama over with??...I wish to be at peace with all if that is possible. Lets move on. Thanks everyone for the replies...what's up Grump.

it wasnt from left field...you attacked another member of this board...simply because they voiced an opinoin...that is not what this board is about..and it showed a side iof you that i was not familiar with the im strong he isnt so his opinoin doesnt mean anything...that is a bs attitude to have and it makes me now doubt you...and i will watch this video when i get home and compae it to the other squat videos that i have seen with full rom. and if it isnt full rom then i will speak my opinoin.

galileo
02-23-2005, 09:31 AM
Note : Keep this non-aggressive, lest it be shut down once more.

Coke
02-23-2005, 09:31 AM
it wasnt from left field...you attacked another member of this board...simply because they voiced an opinoin...that is not what this board is about..and it showed a side iof you that i was not familiar with the im strong he isnt so his opinoin doesnt mean anything...that is a bs attitude to have and it makes me now doubt you...and i will watch this video when i get home and compae it to the other squat videos that i have seen with full rom. and if it isnt full rom then i will speak my opinoin.

You can say what you will about anything you want, but I bet you cannot do what I did in the video, neither can a lot of folks here but they will comment on it otherwise.

But you don't seem to get it bro, the drama is over with - Finished!!

Relentless
02-23-2005, 09:50 AM
CoCoa,

I hope you didnt' take my post as wanting to add to the drama.

I simply stated my opinion, without rancor or prejudice. No drama, just what I observed and what I thought about what I observed. I'm not trying to judge you, and I'm not saying that your reps are 'invalid' by any stretch. If you feel that these are the kinds of reps you need to do, good on ya.

I believe that a lot of the folks that are being critical of your ROM are comparing what they see in that video to what is generally accepted as a 'full' ROM for that movement (i.e. parallel or below). Extrapolating what people see as a partial ROM for that movement makes a lot of the other very heavy poundages you've recorded in your journal make a lot more sense for those that were doubting the poundages in the first place.

I really DO think that you would be very well served by dropping your weights down and shooting for a more complete ROM (assuming other movements have similar ROM to the hacks as shown in the video) and that you would also be very well served seeking out a powerlifting coach to work on your core lifts. I believe that you will get bigger and that your FUNCTIONAL strength will greatly increase if you take this approach as opposed to continuing along your current path. I mean if it's not about getting bigger and stronger, what's the point of going to the gym.

Once again, respect to you for posting your pics and video and I wish you nothing but success in the gym.

Callahan

P.S. For what it's worth, I can easily get 20+ reps at 810lbs on my 45-degree sled leg press so I am relatively certain that I can replicate your feat on the sled-based hack squat with a similar or greater ROM. Don't know if that makes you more or less inclined to accept my opinion but there ya go. ;)

Coke
02-23-2005, 09:59 AM
CoCoa, I hope you didnt' take my post as wanting to add to the drama.

I don't think what you had to say was adding to drama at all...In fact, I appreciated especially when you said that my reps were 'not invalid' on the hacks. Thanks!!

What I did does serve as reps but even I knew more quality is needed and will be done so...my plan is to use the same weights (for the most part) even if it kills me, then ATF it is. I think it is great if you can duplicate what I did in the video. Everyone has to do their thing - I think we all know what we are doing to get ourselves to the next level.

...lol, you about to write a book up in here.

Beast
02-23-2005, 10:38 AM
Let's let the arguing rest, although it makes me happy that it is being done in a civilized manner.

And post some more vids, Coke!

Relentless
02-23-2005, 10:42 AM
let me be clear though... I'm saying they're not invalid because I don't want to deny that you did in fact move that weight

they are not, however, even in the same neighborhood as 'ATF' or even parallel reps

if you attempt to do ATF reps with that weight on the hack squat sled, given the apparent level of difficulty you had doing reps with your partial ROM, you will either seriously injure yourself or at the very least you will fail in the rep and get stuck under the sled

I strongly caution you against your proposed plan to "use the same weights (for the most part) even if it kills me, then ATF it is". The ability to move weights through the strongest part of the ROM does not translate into the ability to move the same weights through a full ROM.

emjlr3
02-23-2005, 10:57 AM
cocoa are there goin to be any more vids, come im damn getting tired of reading all this drama.....and not having another vid at the end

Frankster
02-23-2005, 11:06 AM
"What I did does serve as reps but even I knew more quality is needed and will be done so...my plan is to use the same weights (for the most part) even if it kills me, then ATF it is."

Please don't :( It might actually kill you. I know you are on the defensive, you'll probably take this as an attack... but what the hell I feel I should at least recommend that you try going alot lighter and working on your form, then work your way back up. No one is saying that your reps don't count... they count... for what they are.. 1/2 ROM reps.

Canadian Crippler
02-23-2005, 11:28 AM
Make a bent over lateral raise vid :)

latinomasfino
02-23-2005, 12:21 PM
umm the hack squat was aight i mean u could improve on ur form its kinda sloppy also i woudl reccomend u do squats without smith machine how much can u lift wiht that make a vid of that that would be much bettetr way of judgeing ur stength

Coke
02-23-2005, 12:26 PM
Not in any ways being argumentative here as I know I cannot change viewpoints
...but I am a little disappointed that it does not look as if I went at least parallel to certain folks because that is clearly what is shown in the mirror to my left and not in front (you all's view) - I should have got a side shot for this video and with the cameraman standing, lol...was I that bad off?? - somebody help me out on this.

I think a few of you are being way too critical as there is absolutely no way these are 1/2 reps, but that aside you know I am too experienced of a trainer go to ATF on the 810 hacks right off the bat...just a little lower if it kills me and maybe even tonight, is that better?? Or I may change up and do leg presses with good ROM's, ok.

I'll have to resume this later as I am real busy...but it does get more interesting though I would like to have more sincere props (I'll admit, who doesn't?)...I know the move was not all that bad, as I said it taxed my a$$...

Thanks for the replies, questionmarks, and concerns.

What is this turning into, requested video??- :D

ElPietro
02-23-2005, 12:32 PM
All I'm asking for is something that doesn't involve a machine, since they are all different, and weights on them mean relatively little, to me at least. I've already listed the two I'd be interested in, and would be curious to know your max deadlift. That's about it.

Coke
02-23-2005, 12:41 PM
ElP, you have nothing to say about any of the the pics??

gino
02-23-2005, 01:00 PM
While that video showed nothing close to a full ROM, regardless of "camera angle", I'll say that you look good in your pictures. Like ElP said, the deadlift would be one of the only true gauge of full ROM strength via video. Machines can be manipulated in countless ways to give someone leverage because balance isn't an issue.

ElPietro
02-23-2005, 01:04 PM
ElP, you have nothing to say about any of the the pics??

Pics look decent. Good lean phsyique. Other than your legs which I'm not sure if it's your legs or simply a really bad shot of them. I'm guessing it was a bad shot.

A front shot from the distance that you had your back shot would have been better though, hard to tell any proportions with close-ups of individual bodyparts.

Looks good though.

ElPietro
02-23-2005, 01:05 PM
Like ElP said, the deadlift would be one of the only true gauge of full ROM strength via video. Machines can be manipulated in countless ways to give someone leverage because balance isn't an issue.

Lol, I'm still most interested in the bent DB raises, or even laterals. I believe someone else in the thread already stated Ronnie Coleman uses the 75s. Heh, maybe he should get Coke to train him. :p

gino
02-23-2005, 01:12 PM
Lol, I'm still most interested in the bent DB raises, or even laterals. I believe someone else in the thread already stated Ronnie Coleman uses the 75s. Heh, maybe he should get Coke to train him. :p

Well, if form and ROM on those exercises were close to that of the hack squat, I'm sure he can do those weights. Hell, with that ROM, I'd probably warm-up with that weight. :windup:

Coke
02-23-2005, 01:14 PM

Maybe we both should train Big Ronnie Coleman since we know so much...and the person who quoted his laterals is definitely off unless the current Mr O. is weaker than he should be. Just because you see someone like him do something in a video does not mean that is the man's maximum on the lift.

I really never have gotten into the deadlifts...that is one thing that leaves me something to look forward to and I might start off with rack pulls, I don't know as yet.

Thanks for the props you gave on my pics...Thank you too Gino - its nice to get a compliment of some kind for a change.

briancurran01
02-23-2005, 01:21 PM
so based upon my comments from earlier and saying what an ego is involved here...someone is just looking for an ego stroke

lilmase1153
02-23-2005, 01:26 PM
so based upon my comments from earlier and saying what an ego is involved here...someone is just looking for an ego stroke
who is'nt... i always enjoy a nice stroke from time to time :)

galileo
02-23-2005, 01:33 PM

You and Brian can get a room!

briancurran01
02-23-2005, 01:36 PM

im not. cocoa has a huge ego and is just looking for a pat on the back. and he thinks that other people that cant lift as much arent worthy or their opinoins dont matter and this is proven by his lil jab at me earlier and his lil jab at soba.

lilmase1153
02-23-2005, 01:46 PM
You and Brian can get a room!
LMAO good one gal, but you know you wanna watch perv

brian- so your saying you dont like compiments about your progress youve made.. if that were the case than you would not update your pics as much or keep us all posted on your progress.. everyone likes compliments and likes to get them regularly or else one can say there might not be a need for online journals.. anyways tahts just my opinion. as far as coke goes thats his perogative and im sure hes tired of the bashing he gets on a daily basis and just wants some recognition for the hard work he clearly has done.... and again thats just MHO

briancurran01
02-23-2005, 01:50 PM
LMAO good one gal, but you know you wanna watch perv

brian- so your saying you dont like compiments about your progress youve made.. if that were the case than you would not update your pics as much or keep us all posted on your progress.. everyone likes compliments and likes to get them regularly or else one can say there might not be a need for online journals.. anyways tahts just my opinion. as far as coke goes thats his perogative and im sure hes tired of the bashing he gets on a daily basis and just wants some recognition for the hard work he clearly has done.... and again thats just MHO

mase: cocoa is probably sick of the bashing that is true, but then he turns aroun and bahes others what good does that do?

lilmase1153
02-23-2005, 01:53 PM
your right bri it may not do good at all and i dont condone those actions but again thats just me.. but wanting recognition for hard work does not mean one is an egomaniac it just means from certain people he would like them to acknowledge his hardwork..

sorry for stealing the thread again coke.. ill delete my posts just let me know..

pruneman
02-23-2005, 02:02 PM
Disregarding the appropriateness or inappropriateness of the comments that Cocoa has received/made, it is a statement of fact that Cocoa has been heavily questioned and criticized. From the pictures and now the video clip, I have little reason to doubt that cocoa is the individual whose journal I have followed for the past months—that regardless of the form used for the lifts, the information in cocoa’s journal was not falsified (I believe this was the original argument). Furthermore, cocoa has been a respected member of this board and has been extremely supportive of everyone else here. While some aspects of his training may be questionable, he is not encouraging others to use the same techniques that he uses. Judging by the pictures, it is hard to dispute that whatever he is doing is working very well for him. It seems to me that Cocoa is just trying to do his thing…a little gentleness can go a long way.

smalls
02-23-2005, 02:13 PM
Not in any ways being argumentative here as I know I cannot change viewpoints
...but I am a little disappointed that it does not look as if I went at least parallel to certain folks because that is clearly what is shown in the mirror to my left and not in front (you all's view) - I should have got a side shot for this video and with the cameraman standing, lol...was I that bad off?? - somebody help me out on this.

I think a few of you are being way too critical as there is absolutely no way these are 1/2 reps, but that aside you know I am too experienced of a trainer go to ATF on the 810 hacks right off the bat...just a little lower if it kills me and maybe even tonight, is that better?? Or I may change up and do leg presses with good ROM's, ok.

I'll have to resume this later as I am real busy...but it does get more interesting though I would like to have more sincere props (I'll admit, who doesn't?)...I know the move was not all that bad, as I said it taxed my a$$...

Thanks for the replies, questionmarks, and concerns.

What is this turning into, requested video??- :D

Props for posting a vid bro, seriously. But you keep posting that these reps are parrelel or below, which is nothing short of ludicrous. Callahan already made that point very clear. The angle of view does not effect how far you hips drop. That's a lot of weight, no doubt, but you need to be honest with yourself. That's pretty much the exact ROM I was expecting, and is the reason IMO that your legs are lagging in development.

In an earlier post you stated you dont have the size that accompanies your strength because drugs are usually used to attain that kind of size. I would have to argue the point that using a full ROM and better form would result in much less strength but better muscular development.

Again, moving that kinda weight is tough, and I am not trying to take that away. You obviously put in a lot of effort. I would also like to see some more videos, not to discredit you but only cuz it's cool to see others lifts.

Maki Riddington
02-23-2005, 02:49 PM
As I suspected. Something was not what it was. It all makes sense now. Thank you for posting the video. I now know how you lift and can understand how you might be making these kind of leaps and bounds in your lifts.

Focused70
02-23-2005, 02:57 PM
Just wanted to make a last post and then move on:

1. First, I have to be honest: I thought that your numbers were indeed falsified, that your attempts to not meet members of this site for whatever reason were to provide you with an out. I am relieved that your claims are true, although it must be said that truth is at times a matter of perspective.

2. Second, if you view WBB as a learning tool, you must realize that we're not critiquing you per se but rather your performance on the vid. CoCoa, I'm sure you're a nice guy, and your behavior outside of threads related to you demonstrates that. Props (most deservedly so) should be given to you for posting pix and a vid. I'm not sure how else you want me to be sincere. I know it takes a lot to expose yourself in front of a bunch of strangers. It sure did for me when I put up pix of myself, and I'm a skinny fcuk.

3. Third, I look up to a great deal of the membership as inspiration and motivation. Your pix, as I said earlier, are an inspiration to me and a long-term goal of mine. You certainly deserve to be recognized for your efforts. I don't think anyone here intends to take that away from you.

So anyway, if you still think my words mean diddly, then feel free to ignore them. It won't be the first time I've opened my big mouth and bit off more than I can chew.

Hobbit Food Pr0nography

http://img92.exs.cx/img92/8417/chocolate8uo.jpg
Because I feel this thread would be well served by gratuitous food pr0n and a bit of levity.

Stash

Joe Black
02-23-2005, 03:33 PM
Ok, I am finding this whole situation frustrating. It’s just becoming a bit of a joke, so I am going to put a stop to it.

This ends here...

Cocoa has posted pictures and a video. Everyone take what you want from them, make your own decisions about them and let’s move on... This is becoming a bit of a drama and I want it to stop.

Cocoa, feel free to continue posting in your journal and you have my word that you will be able to freely and without people invading it with comments related to your form.

End of story.

Daniel