PDA

View Full Version : my new bulk

staytru
02-24-2005, 07:46 AM
started a new bulk today.. however a few questions..

Lifting days are Weds and Friday.. UPPER BODY..LOWER BODY RESPECTIVELY, Sunday i play football(soccer) and Monday is for abs, and pushups.

How can i minimise the chance of getting a 'fat face'.. i really do want to avoid this :swear:

and secondly please critique what i have eaten today and plan to later

i am 170lb 6ft3 aged 18
(all meals with plenty water)
8:30am..late for college :(.. Yogurt, glass of milk, banana

11:15am Tuna and mayo sandwich on wholemeal bread, Nutri grain bar

1:30pm 3 Chapatti (Indian bread) with homemade diced chicken breast, 1 apple

4:00pm Humous and olives with 2 bagels

8pm: 2 ciabatta bread with olive oil w/pasta

10pm (before bed-time) Milk, Fruits..pear, apple etc

Please answer my questions
please be honest and rip me down if needs be..im ready for criticisms..thanks

Vampiro
02-24-2005, 08:44 AM
i dont think your getting alot of protein, and you can use a little more healthy fats. Even if your on a bulk lose the chappati, its white flour and ghee (clarified butter), you can use a much better carb source. Before bed your just eating fruit sugar, get some protein in there, something slow digesting.You need some work, but other will point it out, good luck

"How can i minimise the chance of getting a 'fat face'.. i really do want to avoid this"

You cant spot gain or lose, i know it sucks, my face gets fat before my upper puts on anysize.

staytru
02-24-2005, 08:57 AM
thanks man

any more suggestions?

sorry..btw i don't use ghee in my chapatti's its veg oil

AdmiralDan
02-24-2005, 09:34 AM
what does all that stuff add up to calorie wise? also, what is the breakdown(grams of p,f, and c)? if you are looking to put on muscle, pushups won't really do you any good. also, to keep the fat off your face, you need to keep your bodyfat down. the only way to do that on a bulk is to go with a slow bulk. the slower the bulk, the less fat you should put on. less fat put on, skinnier face

staytru
02-24-2005, 09:37 AM
what would you recommend then Admiral Dan?

AdmiralDan
02-24-2005, 09:43 AM
i would reccommend that you find out how many calories you need for maintaince. add 500 calories to that to start your bulk. make sure to get at least 1 gram of protein for each pound of bodyweight. also get 20-30% of your calories from good fats(natural peanut butter, nuts, olive oil, etc.). get the rest from carbs. if you find that after a week, you aren't gaining, increase the calories by 2-300. continue this until you are progressing as you like(putting on muscle with minimal fat). it will take you longer to put on muscle but you will stay away from having a fat face

staytru
02-24-2005, 09:44 AM
cheers dude do you have msn messenger?

spencerjrus
02-24-2005, 11:30 AM
eat 4-6tbsp of peanut butter and 3-4 cups of whole milk sometime between your last meal and when you go to bed.