PDA

View Full Version : Muscle Chics Journal

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

muscle chic
02-24-2005, 07:52 AM
I'm starting this off a few weeks in to my cut. As for today I'm just posting a shot of my back bicep. I'll add in my routine later. I'm three months out from competition. :strong:

getfit
02-24-2005, 07:55 AM
yipeee MC! JOURNAL TIME ! GREAT PIC! :)

muscle chic
02-24-2005, 07:58 AM
Thanks "get fit" !! It's nice to actually see the back muscles coming out!! I'm excited!! My trainer has changed my routine for the next two months so I should see a major difference in a couple weeks!! Yupeee!!!

Anthony
02-24-2005, 08:34 AM
Looking good. What's the new routine look like?

Wikked1
02-24-2005, 09:11 AM
It's always nice to see more ladies here in journal land. (Suddenly however I'm feeling small) you must not post any more gunz pictures else I'll find it as a lame excuse to stop any cutting I'm doing! Best of luck in your comp. That takes huge guts! :bow:

Relentless
02-24-2005, 09:27 AM
Nice delts.

Curl your fist inwards a bit to help flex and get more peak on that bicep though! :)

Good luck with your journal and here's some :spam: to start you off.

Mic Soloist
02-24-2005, 09:33 AM
good luck with the journal. I'm sure you'll find that it really helps to log all of your workouts. The people in here are helpful as well. I'm sure you'll do great at the comp. :)

muscle chic
02-24-2005, 09:58 AM
Thanks everyone!! Right now my trainer has me changing my routine to burn bodyfat while maintaining muscle mass. I won't be split training again until about the last month before my comp. I'll be more detailed in my next post but as of now I'm getting a little of each body part in without rest 4 sets each and she added in dead lifts. I guess the key is to shock my body and stop my regular routine for awhile due to adaption. We're changing routines every two weeks. Yesterday was my first day at the routine and OMG I was burnt!!

muscle chic
02-24-2005, 09:59 AM
Nice delts.

Curl your fist inwards a bit to help flex and get more peak on that bicep though! :)

Good luck with your journal and here's some :spam: to start you off.

Thanks Callahan!! My trainer will be teaching me posing soon!! I'll eventually get it right. :thumbup:

neartaigh
02-24-2005, 10:39 AM
Good luck with the comp. training, musclechic.

I`ll be following your progress closely!

-neartaigh

muscle chic
02-24-2005, 10:46 AM
Good luck with the comp. training, musclechic.

I`ll be following your progress closely!

-neartaigh

Thanks neartaigh!!

chops
02-24-2005, 10:50 AM
nice pic and good luck with the new routine!

Coke
02-24-2005, 11:50 AM
Very sexy in the pic - ;) ...wish you the best as you prepare for the comp.

muscle chic
02-24-2005, 11:56 AM
Very sexy in the pic - ;) ...wish you the best as you prepare for the comp.

Thankyou that's very nice but I hope it doesn't mean I look too small !! I'm shooting for that solid look!!

muscle chic
02-24-2005, 11:57 AM
nice pic and good luck with the new routine!

Thanks Chops!!

getfit
02-24-2005, 11:58 AM
Thankyou that's very nice but I hope it doesn't mean I look too small !! I'm shooting for that solid look!!
you look solid MC i'll cheer for you when comp comes :)

muscle chic
02-24-2005, 11:59 AM
Thanks again GF!!

ericg
02-24-2005, 12:06 PM
Nice to see a journal up. Good luck with your goals!

Miss Rezza
02-25-2005, 06:32 AM
Great pic girl!! Awesome definition! Can't wait to see your final progress pics closer to your comp.

Goodluck with your new routine. :)

gino
02-25-2005, 06:58 AM
Looking good. What comp are you doing, if you don't mind me asking? My mother is a bodybuilder and plans on doing a show this year after taking last year off. I think she'll be doing the masters at the "monster mash" in CT. If you need any training or diet advice, just ask. I got my mother in great shape last contest, and she competed at 6% bodyfat.

muscle chic
02-25-2005, 07:27 AM
It's always nice to see more ladies here in journal land. (Suddenly however I'm feeling small) you must not post any more gunz pictures else I'll find it as a lame excuse to stop any cutting I'm doing! Best of luck in your comp. That takes huge guts! :bow:

Lol Wikked !!! Thanks!! :)

muscle chic
02-25-2005, 07:30 AM
Looking good. What comp are you doing, if you don't mind me asking? My mother is a bodybuilder and plans on doing a show this year after taking last year off. I think she'll be doing the masters at the "monster mash" in CT. If you need any training or diet advice, just ask. I got my mother in great shape last contest, and she competed at 6% bodyfat.

My trainer is still looking for one in June that's local. Either Connecticut or one of the surrounding states. oohhh 6% I think I'd die!! lol I'm shooting for 9% and I think that will be tough!!

muscle chic
02-25-2005, 07:38 AM
Supplements:

CLA
Branched Chained Amino Acids
Whey Protein
Flax Oil
Fish Oil
Multivitami
Vitamin C
Glucosamine

muscle chic
02-25-2005, 07:44 AM
Here's what's in my diet now. My trainer will be taking away some of these foods to prepare for the contest.

Oatmeal Pancake
Cary's sugar free syrup
egg
egg whites
Multi grain english muffin (light)
Sugar free jelly
skinless chicken breast, turkey breast ect.
Almonds
frozen strawberries
Apples
Vege burgers
brown Rice
Green beans
Peas
balsamic vinegar
low fat cottage cheese
protein bars

My calories are currently between 1600- 1800 a day

muscle chic
02-25-2005, 07:56 AM
The key right now is to maintain muscle mass while dropping bodyfat without reducing calories and carbs.

6 days a week 45 min a day of cardio on the Elliptical machine only

My trainer is having me stay away from the cardio I normally due (uphill treadmill) to shock my body and get out of the plateau.

weight training normally consists of low reps 8-10 and heavy weights ( 2 bodyparts a day with legs on their own day)

Now weight training consists of a sort of circut training.

4 sets of 15-20 for each body part, no rest in between sets. (lighter weights) The key is to make weight training into more of a cardio exercise while still maintaining muscle.
I'll post more detail later.

Isaac Wilkins
02-25-2005, 08:07 AM
I think you might find that switching to that type of routine could cause you to lose muscle. Women have a hard enough time holding on to mass in a caloric deficit, let alone when they stop training with challenging weights.

Best of luck, either way!

muscle chic
02-25-2005, 08:51 AM
I think you might find that switching to that type of routine could cause you to lose muscle. Women have a hard enough time holding on to mass in a caloric deficit, let alone when they stop training with challenging weights.

Best of luck, either way!

I'll be getting measured to be sure thing are going along well. This is only temporary and then I'll be back to heavy weights low reps at the end of this training. Signs of muscle loss will result in changing the routine. I do know some muscle loss is normal in a cut but too much and my trainer will change my routine!!

neartaigh
02-25-2005, 09:39 AM
45 minutes a day on the elliptical...bleahhhhh.... Hope you have a good Mp3 player. :boring:

I have this terrible feeling that I may someday have to do something like that to get the dreaded butt fat off, but I rue the day. My other concern is that I wouldn`t want my body to get accustomed to needing that much cardio. Good God....that would mean I would have to do it FOREVER. :help:

Anyway, more power to ya...hope it works. :)

muscle chic
02-25-2005, 10:10 AM
45 minutes a day on the elliptical...bleahhhhh.... Hope you have a good Mp3 player. :boring:

I have this terrible feeling that I may someday have to do something like that to get the dreaded butt fat off, but I rue the day. My other concern is that I wouldn`t want my body to get accustomed to needing that much cardio. Good God....that would mean I would have to do it FOREVER. :help:

Anyway, more power to ya...hope it works. :)

lol, Yup it sucks!! On the bright side,I will start bulking up again after the competition. I actually enjoy circut training cardio better but you gotta do what you gotta do!! :strong:

muscle chic
02-25-2005, 01:41 PM
ok, I just heard from my trainer and she's having me cycle with 45 min cardio today
Sat- 45 min cardio
Sun-lift heavy with 45 min cardio (circut training heavy)

TTT
02-25-2005, 01:56 PM
Pic looks awesome. Best of luck with that competition!
45 mins of cardio 6 days a week.... :evillaugh ....... but just think how awesome you'll feel after that!

HahnB
02-25-2005, 02:30 PM
Good luck in the comp, and post up some pics when you're done with the cut:)

muscle chic
02-26-2005, 05:08 PM
Thanks for all the positive comments!! Today I did my 45min on the elliptical and just cranked the mp3 player to help me through it!! It wasn't too bad at all. I'm feeling very positive about cutting and I've had a big responce from other gym members on my progress!! It's nice to hear that others are seeing the changes. Other than the cardio I did four sets of dips. I also loaded up my glove compartment with protein bars for after my workouts!!

muscle chic
03-01-2005, 12:05 PM
Today I have to do my 45 min cardio along with some heavy circut training with no more than 2 min rest in between sets. last night I went to the Montley Crue concert and got home at 2 a.m. I've had seven hour sleep and then I took a short nap around noon. I'm feeling tired but I'm still heading to the gym. I think I'm going to put off any kind of "fun" until after my comp.

tholian8
03-01-2005, 12:47 PM
Dang, 45 min of elliptical every day would just about kill me. :bow:

BigE
03-01-2005, 01:45 PM
Hello MC...good luck with the training

We're both in the same boat with our training but suffice to say I prolly weigh close to 2.5 times as much as you.

45 minutes cardio sucks big time indoors...give me a bike and a road with the sun on my back and I can do a couple hours

Are you doing your cardio before or after lifting?

Wait til leg day and feel the burn on the cardio :evillaugh

muscle chic
03-02-2005, 12:57 PM
Dang, 45 min of elliptical every day would just about kill me. :bow:

Yup!! It s**cks!!

muscle chic
03-02-2005, 12:59 PM
Well today I feel much better. Tuesdays workout went very well in spite of the concert the night before. Today I'll be doing my 45min cardio and an ab and calve workout. 4 sets of 15-20 each

getfit
03-02-2005, 01:02 PM
wow MC hardcore stuff going on you go girl ! :)

muscle chic
03-02-2005, 07:51 PM
Thanks GF!! I leave the gym dripping with sweat!!

muscle chic
03-04-2005, 12:17 PM
Thursday march 3, "05"

45min elliptical
circut training with heavy weights to failure

Dinner was suppose to consist of chicken breast greenbeans and my protein bar but I had a little munchie thing going on and had some peanuts and a few protein cookies too!! Ooohhh... I feel a tab bit crappy about it since I'm on a serious cut and over did the calories last night. The "monthly woman thing" gets me every time. if anyone knows of anything that prevents the munchies during this time please post it!!

March 4th

Calories are back on track!! I'm suppose to do my 45min cardio with abs and calves but I'm not too sure if going to take the night off or not. I've done 10 days in a row with out a rest day. Sunday is suppose to be my off day. I guess we will see.

Built
03-04-2005, 03:23 PM
Hoodia, maybe?

tholian8
03-04-2005, 04:52 PM
I'll second the hoodia idea. I have to take upwards of 800 mg/day, but it really works for me, and it's a mercy as I have an inordinately "speedy" reaction to the usual thermogenics..nervous, can't sleep, the whole nine yards. Hoodia by itself has none of those sides, at least not for me.

JSully
03-04-2005, 05:24 PM
The occasional slip up is ok! I was reading a diet book saying that it's normal to slip up, and that you should actually plan a free meal 1-2 times per week. That helps keeping from the slip up and making it an actual planned cheat. Makes it much easier to stay on track. If you "slip up", generally most people say "****!, I just fcuked up, oh well, I'll just eat the box", instead of that just be happy with your one cookie and call it a night!

Good luck on the cut! Are you doing a bodybuilding show or a figure show?

Looking good in the pic as well, I've been dieting for a month already and you're leaner than me.. :cry:

Also, I used to do the elliptical all the time, but I recently discovered the stairmaster. I know, it hurts to just think of it... but seriously.. put it on the "fat burn" setting so that you go up and down hills and it isn't too bad. I put it on lvl 7 for 20 minutes then go over to the treadmill for another 20-30 minutes @ 15% incline, 3.5mph. Fat seems to be coming off nicely with that.

Also, how many times are per week are you doing your weight training? I like the system you have set up, I'm doing something similar, but I'm staying with 6-8 reps so I don't lose muscle. I train 2-3 times/week full body with 4-6 sets per bodypart then 2 days off for cardio and so forth.

Anyways, good luck in the comp, I'll keep my eye on the journal! :thumbup:

muscle chic
03-04-2005, 08:21 PM
I'll second the hoodia idea. I have to take upwards of 800 mg/day, but it really works for me, and it's a mercy as I have an inordinately "speedy" reaction to the usual thermogenics..nervous, can't sleep, the whole nine yards. Hoodia by itself has none of those sides, at least not for me.

I'll have to try it!!

muscle chic
03-04-2005, 08:29 PM
The occasional slip up is ok! I was reading a diet book saying that it's normal to slip up, and that you should actually plan a free meal 1-2 times per week. That helps keeping from the slip up and making it an actual planned cheat. Makes it much easier to stay on track. If you "slip up", generally most people say "****!, I just fcuked up, oh well, I'll just eat the box", instead of that just be happy with your one cookie and call it a night!

Good luck on the cut! Are you doing a bodybuilding show or a figure show?

Looking good in the pic as well, I've been dieting for a month already and you're leaner than me.. :cry:

Also, I used to do the elliptical all the time, but I recently discovered the stairmaster. I know, it hurts to just think of it... but seriously.. put it on the "fat burn" setting so that you go up and down hills and it isn't too bad. I put it on lvl 7 for 20 minutes then go over to the treadmill for another 20-30 minutes @ 15% incline, 3.5mph. Fat seems to be coming off nicely with that.

Also, how many times are per week are you doing your weight training? I like the system you have set up, I'm doing something similar, but I'm staying with 6-8 reps so I don't lose muscle. I train 2-3 times/week full body with 4-6 sets per bodypart then 2 days off for cardio and so forth.

Anyways, good luck in the comp, I'll keep my eye on the journal! :thumbup:

My trainer has me on the elliptical because I've avoided it for quite awhile. I've been on the stair stepper and the treadmill along with the bike. The stair stepper is an ass kicker!! I'll be back to it in a few weeks.The goal is to break the same old routine and burn the fat!! When I am on the treadmill I'm on 15% maxed at about 2.8-3.0. I will be circut training cardio in a month or so too!! I'm just following my trainers advice for now. As for the show I'm doing both bodybuilding and figure. I'm set on bodybuilding but my trainer wants me in a cross over show because she thinks I'd do very well in figure. So I gave in and said I'd try it. We will see I guess!! :strong:

muscle chic
03-05-2005, 04:06 PM
Sat March 5th

45 min Cardio
circut training
All went well!!

Currently my trainer has me circut training every other day and cardio six days a week. On the non circut days I do abs and calves. I'm thinking of adding in split training in to my off circut day just to keep my muscle mass. I think staying away from my split training will cause me to get weak. I'll do every other day two body parts along with my abs.
When I split train:
Currently my max for 7 and 7's is 50 pounds
My max bicep curl is 60 pounds (3 sets of 8)
My max tricep pulldown is 40 pounds ( 3 sets of 10)
Leg Press I do 360 pounds ( 3sets of 10)
Squats I do 90 pounds ( 3-4 sets of 20)
I'll add more later

neartaigh
03-05-2005, 06:38 PM
3 x 20 squats?? Why such high reps?

Just curious. Bicep curls are impressive, btw.

muscle chic
03-06-2005, 10:01 AM
3 x 20 squats?? Why such high reps?

Just curious. Bicep curls are impressive, btw.

I do less weight higher reps because more weight and lower reps seems to bother my knees and my back. It's easier for me to position myself in proper alignment with lower weight.

Built
03-06-2005, 05:26 PM
<sigh>

I've been stuck with these lately, too.

Damned old age. Bugger.

I'm with neartaigh - you've must have some nice pipes to curl what you do.

muscle chic
03-06-2005, 05:43 PM
<sigh>

I've been stuck with these lately, too.

Damned old age. Bugger.

I'm with neartaigh - you've must have some nice pipes to curl what you do.

lol !! My knees and my back!! I do sound old, hehe.. When I do squats it seems that I have to be positioned just right or else the bar hits a nerve in my neck and it runs down my back. I just decided lighter weight was probably safer!!

muscle chic
03-07-2005, 11:23 AM
Moday March 7th

I ended up taking Sunday off from the gym.

Today I will be doing 45 min cardio along with circut training with weights

Meal 1 - coffee with non dairy creamer and splenda ( must have coffee)
multigrain english muffin with sugarfree jelly
protein pancake (1 egg, 5 whites and 1 scoop of whey)

Meal 2 - whey shake
15 grams Almonds

Meal 3- 3 oz chicken breast, lettace, red onion, red pepper, 1/2 cup lowfat cottage cheese and a 4 oz sweet potato

I'll post meal 4,5 and 6 this evening.

muscle chic
03-08-2005, 06:29 AM
continued from the 7th.....

meal 4- 1/2 apple , protein bar

Meal 5- 1/4 oatmeal,1 egg, 5 whites,and 1 scoop whey protein

Meal 6- Whey protein shake

I ended up on the elliptical for 1 hour and did my circut weight training. All went well

Coke
03-09-2005, 07:12 AM
Nice work, fantastic training with tons of elliptical and all.

muscle chic
03-09-2005, 07:31 AM
CoCoa: TY

march 8th

1 hour elliptical
abs
I also added in shoulders and back

Today will be circut weights, and 45 min cardio

Meal 1- 9 whites, 1 scoopwhey protein and 1/4 cup sugar free syrup. multigrain english muffin with sugar free jelly oh and of coarse my coffee with non-dairy creamer and splenda

I'll post meals 2-6 later

Workouts have been good but the weather around here is starting to really get to me. The gym is 25min away from my house and the snow just seems to keep coming!!Last night the roads were so bad the highways were crawling at 35 mph. I still managed to get to the gym but OMG!! I can't wait until Spring!! Connecticut weather S**cks!!!

muscle chic
03-09-2005, 09:58 AM
Ok It looks like I have a date to shoot for. June 18th is the comp date and it's local!!

muscle chic
03-09-2005, 10:02 AM
Meal 2- Whey shake, Whole grain low carb wrap with horseradish :drooling: and 2 oz roasted peppers yummy!!

Meal 3- 5oz chicken breast, 1 1/2 cup Peas, green tea sweetened with splenda( I drink this through out the day)

Meal 4- 15 grams Almonds, 4oz Yam

Meal 5 is pre workout- Protein shake with strawberries

Gym

Meal 6- (after gym) Protein bar

muscle chic
03-10-2005, 07:45 AM
March 9th

45 min cardio
circut weights

Update on Diet: I was recommended to Golds Gym in New Haven to get a strict diet and to be measured weekly. I'm still seeing my female trainer every other week for workouts, posing and Competition music ect. I think a more serious diet approach will make a drastic change along with the weekly pinching.

JSully
03-10-2005, 05:40 PM
Workouts have been good but the weather around here is starting to really get to me. The gym is 25min away from my house and the snow just seems to keep coming!!Last night the roads were so bad the highways were crawling at 35 mph. I still managed to get to the gym but OMG!! I can't wait until Spring!! Connecticut weather S**cks!!!
:D You're gonna hate me for this, but it was nearly 90 degrees here today. Blue skies and light breeze.

Anyways, good luck with the comp. I'm sure you'll do fine. Keep us updated on how the bf% is melting away.

muscle chic
03-10-2005, 08:14 PM
:D You're gonna hate me for this, but it was nearly 90 degrees here today. Blue skies and light breeze.

Anyways, good luck with the comp. I'm sure you'll do fine. Keep us updated on how the bf% is melting away.

Ooooohhh, That's mean!! LOL!!!

muscle chic
03-10-2005, 08:17 PM
March 10th

45 min cardio
legs,abs

I think I need to start saving more of my calories for after my workout. Tonight I felt sick to my stomach with hunger!! I ate 1 1/2 cups of peas and now I'm ok but oohh yucky feeling!!

neartaigh
03-10-2005, 08:46 PM
I`m on a pretty restricted diet these days too, muscle chic. I discovered that pwo protien works best for me-- an egg white omelette with ff cheese is awesome, or my old standby.....protien pudding.

Both are under 150kcals. :)

Built
03-10-2005, 08:55 PM
I'm trying to cut up a bit right now myself, and I'm freaking STARVING after I train. I save a lot of my cals for right after I lift.

muscle chic
03-11-2005, 05:55 AM
I`m on a pretty restricted diet these days too, muscle chic. I discovered that pwo protien works best for me-- an egg white omelette with ff cheese is awesome, or my old standby.....protien pudding.

Both are under 150kcals. :)

How do you make protein pudding? Sounds tasty!!

muscle chic
03-11-2005, 05:57 AM
I'm trying to cut up a bit right now myself, and I'm freaking STARVING after I train. I save a lot of my cals for right after I lift.

I usually save them for after too. I don't think I'll ever eat all my cals up before a workout again!! OMG It s**cked!!

neartaigh
03-11-2005, 07:33 AM
How do you make protein pudding? Sounds tasty!!

Use a scoop of whey/casein protien powder (choc. flavor works well), and put about 3/4 cup-1 cup hood l/c chocolate milk in the blender. Blend well-- it ends up sort of mousse-like. You may need to play with the amount of liquid. Sometimes it ends up too thick or too soupy.

I also put a dollop of whipped cream on top. It`s only another 30 cals, and makes it feel like a real dessert. :)

Miss Rezza
03-11-2005, 11:02 PM
Ok It looks like I have a date to shoot for. June 18th is the comp date and it's local!!

Awesome!! That should give you plenty of time to get where you need to be in time for the comp.

Quick question MC, how many cals are you shooting for per day?

Great work (as always) :)

PizDoff
03-12-2005, 03:05 AM
This is why I don't read as many journals, I'm hungry again now!!!

Keep up the good work!

JSully
03-12-2005, 06:07 PM
That pudding sounds tasty. Too bad I only buy vanilla powder and I don't like vanilla pudding. Oh well....

muscle chic
03-15-2005, 07:36 AM
Awesome!! That should give you plenty of time to get where you need to be in time for the comp.

Quick question MC, how many cals are you shooting for per day?

Great work (as always) :)

Currently 1600-1800 with one cheat meal a week

muscle chic
03-15-2005, 07:43 AM
March 15 2005

I met with my trainer yesterday and she changed my routine. upperbody one day circut and legs and abs the next day circut. Still the same with the 45min elliptical six day a week.

My diet is now getting changed to a competition strict diet so I ate my last english muffin today and won't see another one for a few months. I'll post my new diet this evening.

The cut is going very well !!! I actually have men coming up to me and asking how to get the definition in their shoulders! hehe!! :D some are saying "wow, you're looking big" !! I guess it's a good thing!! ;)

muscle chic
03-15-2005, 07:30 PM
Gym went well today!! My trainer kicked my butt with legs but ooohhh oh yeah this routine is working!!
Squats
4 sets of 15 @140pounds
4 sets of deadlifts @ 40pounds
4 sets of leg curls @ 50 pounds
4 sets of leg extensions @ 90 pounds
4 sets of 15 one legged squat ( forgot what their called) @ 30 pounds

Then on to Abs
Crunches
Bicycle crunches
Ball crunches
All non-stop for 30 min. Semi rest period

Oh yes and then up stairs to the good old elliptical !!

muscle chic
03-16-2005, 06:03 AM
The Diet:

meal 1
Protein pancake(1/2 oats,1egg,6whites,1scoop whey and Cary's sugar free syrup)

Meal 2
Protein shake w/ strawberries OR low sugar protein bar

Meal 3
4-6 oz protein(fish,chicken,turkey)
1/2 brown rice
1 cup spinach

Off to the gym

Meal 4
Protein shake with banana

Meal 5
4oz protein(fish,chicken,turkey)
4oz yam
green vegetables

Meal 6 ( If I need it) whey shake or an apple or a protein pancake with just whites and whey

That sums up the new diet!!! Calories at lowest are 1577 and highest are 1925. The higher calories are only for the days I feel I really need them.

The only new supplement will be Calcium I already take :
Multi
C
Glucosomine
CLA
Branched Chained Amino Acids
Fish oil
flax oil

muscle chic
03-16-2005, 06:06 AM
Oh yes !! I also can have 1 cheat day (if I feel the need) once a week and it can only consist of 600 calories or less

Later on she will change my diet to less complex carbs and more protein and vegetables!! Oh what fun!! I know this will be worth it in June though!!!

Wikked1
03-16-2005, 07:15 AM
The cut is going very well !!! I actually have men coming up to me and asking how to get the definition in their shoulders! hehe!! :D some are saying "wow, you're looking big" !! I guess it's a good thing!! ;)
Thought I'd drop in and see how you were progressing with the cut,it looks like things are going well! June? Wow that's not so far off anymore,best of luck in this thing. I give anyone who gets up on stage HUGE PROPS! :bow:

OH yeah I almost forgot:Yeah ^ it IS a good thing!

muscle chic
03-16-2005, 07:18 AM
Thought I'd drop in and see how you were progressing with the cut,it looks like things are going well! June? Wow that's not so far off anymore,best of luck in this thing. I give anyone who gets up on stage HUGE PROPS! :bow:

OH yeah I almost forgot:Yeah ^ it IS a good thing!

Thanks "Wikked" !!!

lilmase1153
03-16-2005, 02:27 PM
just wanted to say hi :hello:

muscle chic
03-16-2005, 06:53 PM
just wanted to say hi :hello:

TY for stopping by!! :strong:

muscle chic
03-16-2005, 06:54 PM
This is me doing crunches and the girl with me is my trainer.

muscle chic
03-16-2005, 07:06 PM
Here's one more.

Built
03-16-2005, 07:12 PM
Girlfriend! Nice tricep! And you're pretty, too. You'll do well.

Forgive me for not looking all the way through - where are you competing?

muscle chic
03-16-2005, 07:18 PM
New Haven, Connecticut and TY for the comment!! I really would have rather taken pics all pumped up but my trainer just wanted some non-pumped up before pics!! I can't wait for the results in 13 more weeks!!! I'll be ripped!!

Built
03-16-2005, 07:27 PM
I'm dying to see you all shredded, but I'm sorry for the dieting you'll have to go through for it... think of how amazing it's going to be to look like that though!

Is it your first comp?

Built
03-16-2005, 07:27 PM
Oh, and what weight class?

lilmase1153
03-16-2005, 07:43 PM
i like your style ;)

muscle chic
03-16-2005, 08:01 PM
Oh, and what weight class?

Yup, It's my first and I'll be a heavyweight. Goal is about 131 pounds or so.

muscle chic
03-17-2005, 07:58 AM
I just bought my first comp suit (hopefully it fits well) I'm also having an evening suit made to go along with a rock theme. Still looking in to this. This one I'm having fitted to my body.I also have to figure out my 90 sec routine music and take a posing class. Wow!! This is alot of work!!

Diet is still on track

Starting April 1 my trainer is taking away the complex carbs and adding more protein and veges to my diet!! ( like it's not bad enough now, hehe) But hey, I have to accomplish this!!!

Anthony
03-17-2005, 08:08 AM
Pics look great!! :hump:

ericg
03-17-2005, 08:18 AM
Training and diet is looking good! Love the pics as well.

getfit
03-17-2005, 08:32 AM
pics look great MC GREAT WORK!

muscle chic
03-17-2005, 11:19 AM
Ty, Everyone!!

Thursday March 17th

I'm really beat today feeling very tired, eyes burning. I went to bed at 10:30 and got up at 8:00 so that's 9 1/2 hours sleep. It must be the training !! The past few nights I've been very tired after the gym, I think the new routine is catching up with me. Wow three days of a new routine and I'm beat!! OMG, This is gonna be tuff!! I'm not suppose to have a day off until Sunday but I don't think I'm gonna make it that far. I'm going to bed early tonight!!!!!!!

lilmase1153
03-17-2005, 01:26 PM
damn Mchic your going full on.. thats very admirable and good luck with the new routine and diet..

ryuage
03-17-2005, 01:30 PM
good luck with the dieting :thumbup:

JSully
03-17-2005, 05:52 PM
:withstupi

:lurk: Everything looks good thus far. :spam:

muscle chic
03-18-2005, 05:48 AM
March 18th

Thursday nights workout kicked my butt!! I was very tired before going to the gym but I made it through legs!! I basically dragged myself upstairs to do my 45min of cardio on the elliptical. This workout routine is tough!! I'm now down do about 22% bodyfat at 145 pounds and goal is 130 pounds or so and around 9% bodyfat. My heaviest during bulking was 26% bf at 157 pounds. Sooo this looks like good progress!!

Coke
03-18-2005, 05:56 AM
Doing excellent work, great progress - fine pics.

muscle chic
03-18-2005, 06:09 AM
Ty CoCoa!! I'll have to come visit your journal.

Stackattack
03-18-2005, 06:12 AM
Looking very good in the pics muscle chic. :thumbup:

Miss Rezza
03-18-2005, 06:33 AM
Awesome work chickadee!! Your progress is looking awesome. We're all here with ya... you aint doin' it alone. :)

muscle chic
03-18-2005, 06:52 AM
Ty Miss Rezza!! Stackattack!!

gino
03-18-2005, 07:12 AM
Nice progress there. Get that sleep too...rest is critical when doing a major body recomposition. Getting any caffeine during the day to help you keep going?

muscle chic
03-18-2005, 07:20 AM
Nice progress there. Get that sleep too...rest is critical when doing a major body recomposition. Getting any caffeine during the day to help you keep going?

Yup, coffee and green tea. As for sleep 9 hours doesn't seem to cut it. These leg workouts every other day are like cardio!! They're kicking my a@@!!

muscle chic
03-18-2005, 09:34 AM
Yams hmmm... right now they taste pretty damb good !! I think in three months I'll be ready to hurl them though!! It's funny how food tastes right now. I'm eating my 1/2 an apple right to the core. Calorie restriction sucks!!

lilmase1153
03-18-2005, 11:06 AM
damn you hvae made some leaps and gains thus far.. keep it up chic

muscle chic
03-18-2005, 06:12 PM
Friday the 18th

Weight trained upperbody but too tired for cardio!! I'm burnt!!
Sat- OFF DAY
Sun-Cardio Only

Diet is still on track!!

I get 500-600 extra calories once a week for now so I ate 500 calories of peanuts!!Yummy!! You would think I would be binging goodies but I'm pretty focused right now and went with a "healthy" cheat food.

French Vanilla tea with splenda=0 calories and it's keeping my sanity at night

Built
03-18-2005, 06:18 PM
I'm happy for you about the "cheat". Thank God for these little miracles, hey?

<hug>

I can't wait to see the "end result". You're going to look AMAZING!

And right in time for summer!

muscle chic
03-18-2005, 06:22 PM
LOL!!! Yes the wonderful cheat day!! It isn't much but I'll take it because I know damb well it will be taken away eventually!!hehe!!

Coke
03-19-2005, 08:01 AM
...ever try yogurts for a snack? - I started doing these again towards the end of the year and I'm telling you them thangs are so good, try the yoplait - ;)

briancurran01
03-19-2005, 08:20 AM
one thing you may want to try for a treat which is low cals...is carb control yogurt...it is sweetened with splenda...kept me sane during my cut.very low carbs also.

midee1
03-19-2005, 01:57 PM
Awesome work chickadee!! Your progress is looking awesome. We're all here with ya... you aint doin' it alone. :)

:withstupi yup there's plenty of us that are watching your progress and cheering ya on.

Oh and by the way pics= :hump:

muscle chic
03-19-2005, 04:50 PM
Thanks for the support!!!

Built
03-19-2005, 04:51 PM
Hey, it's self serving - I wanna see how YOU do it so I can see if I have any hope at all...

muscle chic
03-19-2005, 06:06 PM
Hey, it's self serving - I wanna see how YOU do it so I can see if I have any hope at all...

lol !!!!!!!!!

TTT
03-19-2005, 06:18 PM
I agree, you're going to look awesome after all this work (and look awesome now).
Good luck, stick with it!
Try sugar free chewing gum, at least it has some flavour :)

muscle chic
03-19-2005, 07:15 PM
I agree, you're going to look awesome after all this work (and look awesome now).
Good luck, stick with it!
Try sugar free chewing gum, at least it has some flavour :)

Oh yeah! Already doing that!!!

muscle chic
03-20-2005, 04:39 PM
March 20th

Legs, abs and 45min cardio All went well !!
Calories still on track

muscle chic
03-21-2005, 07:32 AM
Sat March 20

Diet

1. Oatmeal Pancake, sugar free syrup and coffee

2. 1/2 apple, whey w/water

3.2 oz tuna, 130g yam, 3/4 cup peas

Gym with water and green tea unsweetened

4.banana, whey w/water

5. 2 oz tuna, 1 cup peas, 130g yam, 15g almonds

6. 15g almonds, broccoli w/horseradish

totals= 1768 calories, 26.5g fat, 154g protein

Normally I don't go over 1600 calories but I have the option to go up to 1925 if I feel I need it but only "clean calories"

foxy38
03-21-2005, 07:48 AM
Hey MC, how's it going? What kind of comp are you doing- BB, figure, etc? Excuse me if you already posted that- I could have missed it. Are your stats posted somewhere too?

Good luck with it- you'll do great! My god, I would have starved to death on your diet..lol..I imagine you are quite a bit lighter than me! I'll be following your journal- keep up the good work. :)

muscle chic
03-21-2005, 08:15 AM
Hey MC, how's it going? What kind of comp are you doing- BB, figure, etc? Excuse me if you already posted that- I could have missed it. Are your stats posted somewhere too?

Good luck with it- you'll do great! My god, I would have starved to death on your diet..lol..I imagine you are quite a bit lighter than me! I'll be following your journal- keep up the good work. :)

Bodybuilding comp, 1'm currently 145 pounds, 22% bodyfat and I'm 5'6" Thanks for stopping by!!!

YoBrickWall
03-21-2005, 08:46 AM
Muclechic- First time in. Seen the name and wanted to check it out. Ill be dropping by more often knowing your into BB.

Peace
YBW

muscle chic
03-21-2005, 10:39 AM
Ok, I bought my suit. This a picture of the one I'm getting except I'm having the bottom cut higher(due to having children) and without the three strings. :strong:

muscle chic
03-22-2005, 05:41 AM
March 22

Had to get up early today (I'm not a a.m. person) Have an apt. for Ouch !! Tattoo removal. I'm on legs today so I should be ok. I should be doing abs and cardio also but I'm not sure if I'll get to everything since I'll be very sore and don't want to cause infection.

Yesterdays workout went well with lots of energy!! Calories are still on track.

Coke
03-22-2005, 05:46 AM
Thats a sexy suit...just right for a real fine chic - ;)

briancurran01
03-22-2005, 07:11 AM
good work with the diet and workouts MC...looking good. good luck in your comp :)

ericg
03-22-2005, 09:57 AM
Like the suit. Cnat wait to see your transformation for the comp. Diet is looking nice and clean. Nice work chica

muscle chic
03-22-2005, 07:18 PM
March 22

Legs went well along with abs and cardio!! Better than expected!!

1. oatmeal pancake, coffee

2. 1/4 cup almonds,

3. cup spinach, 2oz tuna, 3 1/2 oz yam

4. 4 oz yam, 3/4 cup peas

Gym

5. 1/2 banana, whey shake

6. 4 oz tuna and french vanilla tea with splenda

and lots of water and green tea through out the day

lilmase1153
03-23-2005, 03:46 AM
diet looks great muscle chica

muscle chic
03-23-2005, 07:20 AM
As for my routine I'm doing Super Sets. Super Sets started on Monday the 14th. legs and abs one day and upperbody the next along with 45min cardio six days a week. Starting the 28th I will add in 20min cardio in the morning before breakfast

gino
03-23-2005, 07:58 AM
Looks good.

What's your bf% now? How's the progress? Seems like a lot of cardio to be doing 3 months out from comp, but then again you probably still have quite a way to go for your target bodyfat.

muscle chic
03-23-2005, 08:50 AM
Looks good.

What's your bf% now? How's the progress? Seems like a lot of cardio to be doing 3 months out from comp, but then again you probably still have quite a way to go for your target bodyfat.

I bought a digital caliper where you put in your height, age and weight and it came out at 16% bf sounds low to me? The skinfold measurement came out at 22% I'm going to have someone at the gym measure me tonight before my workout. BF is going down!! I can see it, my only fear is losing too much muscle.

muscle chic
03-23-2005, 12:22 PM
March 23

oatmeal pancake

whey shake

yam, 4oz chicken and peas

Took a nap after lunch for an hour. I feel soo refreshed now!!

1/2 apple

Gym

1/2 banana
double whey

yam, tuna, spinach

possibly vanilla tea

off to bed

bed

foxy38
03-24-2005, 03:37 AM
Seems like a lot of cardio to be doing 3 months out from comp, but then again you probably still have quite a way to go for your target bodyfat.

I was doing 1 hour in the am and 45 minutes in the evening, on non-training days, by this point prior to my comp.

Keep up the good work! I ate more than you did..lol..but I was a little heavier than you too.

muscle chic
03-25-2005, 10:12 AM
March 25 update

I took Thursday off and had a nice relaxing day since the kids are out on vacation.(I got to sleep in) I had my cheat day yesterday and I think I went a tad overboard. I'm feeling much better today and I plan a good workout at the gym tonight. I'll be doing some extra cardio to burn yesterdays "off" calories.
I'm thinking of biking outside in the morning since I have to add 20 min cardio before breakfast as of Monday. "Cross my fingers for good weather"

meal one- oatmeal pancake and coffee with splenda and non-dairy creamer

I'll add meals 2-6 tonight

muscle chic
03-26-2005, 07:11 AM
cont.

meal2- 15 gram almonds

meal3- 4oz yam, 4 oz tuna(canned), broccli

meal4-whey w/5 strawberries

Gym ( creatine)

Meal 5- double whey shake

meal 6- 4 oz yam, vege burger and broccli

Sometimes I use a little balsamic vinegar for my broccli

muscle chic
03-26-2005, 07:17 AM
Friday March 26th

meal1-oatmeal pancake, coffee

Today I will do an hour of cardio and a leg workout( possibly some abs)

My knee is bothering me a tad from the squats. I think every other day is too much. I will be cutting squats back to no more than twice a week.

Supplements:
Calcium ( because I'm not getting any from food on the "cut")
C (for immune system colds ect.)
E
Glucosomine ( for my joints)
CLA ( helps with fat loss)
Multi with Ginsing
Branched Chain Amino Acids ( to prevent muscle break down)
Protein pill ( helps absorb protein after meals)
Creatine (sometimes)
fish oil (only when I don't eat fish)
flax oil ( only when I don't eat fish)

potassium ( for my knee)

muscle chic
03-28-2005, 06:51 AM
Today I start 20 min. morning cardio

briancurran01
03-28-2005, 07:07 AM
diet looking good.

:thumbup:

muscle chic
03-28-2005, 01:39 PM
TY Brian!!

March 28th

30 min treadmill brisk walking at home after my coffee

meal 1. oatmeal pancake

meal 2. 15g almonds

meal 3. 2cups broccoli(steamed) 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar, 4oz chicken breast, 4oz yam

two more cups coffee

Gym upperbody, 45min cardio (elliptical) abs

meal 4. 1/2 apple, double whey shake

meal 5. 2cups broccoli, 6oz shrimp (1 tsp mustard, 1tsp horseradish)

Meal 6. vanilla tea Zero Calories

Total=1600 calories

sugarfree gum (at the gym) and greentea with Splenda throughout the day and at the gym along with water

getfit
03-28-2005, 05:00 PM
everything looks good in here you'll be the best MC i'm sure of it :)

Coke
03-29-2005, 04:19 AM
You will do very nice indeed - major props for keeping them calories low.

muscle chic
03-29-2005, 06:38 AM
March 29th
TY!! Getfit, Cocoa!!

Coffee with splenda and non-dairy creamer ( the creamer is about the worst thing in my diet)

30min biking outside!! Finally!!

Meal 1. Protein pancake w/ sugarfree syrup

to be cont.

Miss Rezza
03-29-2005, 06:40 AM
Your diet is sooo clean MC!! Awesome work darlin' :)

You inspire me with your dedication.

muscle chic
03-29-2005, 08:34 AM
Your diet is sooo clean MC!! Awesome work darlin' :)

You inspire me with your dedication.

TY!! The diet really only gets tough when I'm adding cardio. Like this morning doing cardio before breakfast was awful !! I actually have a headache now. My protein pancake never tasted sooo good!! On the weekends it can be tough too when my husband is munching on peanuts while we watch T.V. It comes down to mental focus!! I'm now 12 weeks out and I hope I make it!!

muscle chic
03-29-2005, 11:09 AM
29th diet cont.

Meal 2. whey shake w/ 15g almonds

Meal 3. yam,shrimp and broccoli

Meal 4. 1/2 apple

Gym- Legs 45min elliptical, abs :strong:

Meal 5. whey shake

Meal 6. 4oz yam, 2 oztuna, 1 cup spinach

muscle chic
03-30-2005, 09:46 AM
March 30th

Sinus allergies acting up!!! I ended up eating breakfast before cardio this a.m. since I needed to prepare my taxes. I'm tired today so I will nap after my bike ride.

Oatmeal Pancake , coffee

15 gram almonds, whey shake

3 1/2 oz yam, 2oz tuna 1/2 apple

Bike ride outdoors

Nap ( we'll see !!)

Gym upper body and cardio 45min

double whey with water

2 oz tuna, 4oz yam, 2 cups broccoli

Early bed ( I think) If not maybe vanilla tea calorie free

Wikked1
03-30-2005, 02:27 PM
Looking really consistent in here. Nice work! Hey hope you're getting some of this warm weather to tempt you into taking the bike out!

muscle chic
03-31-2005, 08:34 AM
Looking really consistent in here. Nice work! Hey hope you're getting some of this warm weather to tempt you into taking the bike out!

Thanks Wikked!! Yup the weather is finally Nice!!! As for the Harley last year I rode with a permit and the Riders edge class was cancelled so I'm waiting to get in to the spring class!! I don't think I can renew my permit again. :(

muscle chic
03-31-2005, 08:37 AM
March 30th

Last night went well at the gym full upperbody workout "Super Sets" and 45 min elliptical. I'm a bit bloated due to the monthly thing so I bought some water pills for the first time. I hope they really work!!

meals are still the same

Wikked1
03-31-2005, 09:47 AM
Thanks Wikked!! Yup the weather is finally Nice!!! As for the Harley last year I rode with a permit and the Riders edge class was cancelled so I'm waiting to get in to the spring class!! I don't think I can renew my permit again. :(
awww that really SUCKS....sorry about that. but all in good time!

muscle chic
03-31-2005, 12:07 PM
awww that really SUCKS....sorry about that. but all in good time!

I just went to the DMV site and I guess I can renew the permit but it's another $40- I'm still waiting on an application for the riders edge class starting in April but I doubt I'll get in that soon so it looks like another permit is the way to go if I'm going to ride this Spring. Oh well !!

midee1
03-31-2005, 02:01 PM

Damn I miss my Harleys. Darn Kids. :swear:

I think it's great to see a woman on a Harley. :hump: Not to many around here.

muscle chic
03-31-2005, 08:13 PM
Damn I miss my Harleys. Darn Kids. :swear:

I think it's great to see a woman on a Harley. :hump: Not to many around here.

Lol !! My husband gave up his Harley about 7 years ago so we could buy our house and raise our kids!! Plus I was a tad bit jealous that I didn't have my own!!hehe!! Now we have two!! But two bike payments to go along with them!!

muscle chic
03-31-2005, 08:14 PM
March 31

45 min elliptical at the gym
No weights today ( Very Tired)

muscle chic
04-02-2005, 06:43 AM
April 1

45 min elliptical
upper body supersets

Meal are still on track
tonight for dessert I had sugar free jello with cool whip free

Coke
04-02-2005, 09:45 AM
Them 45 minute elliptical sessions rock - ;) ... all of this hard work is going to really pay off.

muscle chic
04-03-2005, 05:31 PM
Yup CoCoa!!

April 3 2005

Oatmeal pancake, coffee

15 g almonds

4oz yam

off to gym 1 hour elliptical and 30min stair stepper, upper body supersets

protein bar

shrimp with mustard and horseradish, spinach, yam

sf jello, vanilla tea

neartaigh
04-03-2005, 06:01 PM
Lots of cardio, and no food. Ugh.

I really hate to think that I might have to do this to look as good as you no doubt will.... ;)

muscle chic
04-03-2005, 06:07 PM
Lots of cardio, and no food. Ugh.

I really hate to think that I might have to do this to look as good as you no doubt will.... ;)

Actually, today I was late for the gym so I forgot my apple and protein shake so I ended up with the bar instead. The pancake is pretty filling in the morning 1/2 cup oatmeal, 1 egg, 6 whites and a scoop of whey with sf syrup. So it's not too bad. I added in shrimp since I'm sick of tuna fish and I eat a good portion of shrimp(I love shrimp) 1600 calories isn't alot to play with but I do ok with it. "Look out Pizza and icecream" when I get through this!! I will have my super naughty night after the show!!

Built
04-03-2005, 06:10 PM
And we'll want food-porn DETAILS.

You go girl.

muscle chic
04-03-2005, 06:11 PM
And we'll want food-porn DETAILS.

You go girl.

LOL!! :nod:

Wikked1
04-04-2005, 11:17 AM
Lol !! My husband gave up his Harley about 7 years ago so we could buy our house and raise our kids!! Plus I was a tad bit jealous that I didn't have my own!!hehe!! Now we have two!! But two bike payments to go along with them!!
Ouch that HAD to hurt but ....you have redeemed yourselves!
Worth every payment when the sun is shining though!
UUUhmm we had SNOW here this morning.... :cry:

How's the cut coming along?

muscle chic
04-08-2005, 09:04 AM
Snow!! That S*cks!!

April 8th 2005

Diet has changed a bit

coffee with splenda

treadmill for 30min or outdoor bike for 30min

1. 1/2 oatmeal, 3 egg whites with sf syrup and an apple

2. 6oz lean meat, 4 oz yam and broccoli

3. lettace, tomato, red pepper, cucumber, 3oz chicken, 3 whites

4.pre gym- apple, 4oz yam

gym-45min cardio, split training or supersets

5.post gym- 1/2 cup grapejuice mixed 1/2 water and protein powder

6. 6 whites cooked

No more counting calories!! I just have to eat the same thing every day and drop something from the diet every week.
Oh yeah and tons of green tea with splenda!!!

Relentless
04-08-2005, 09:35 AM
any way to drop the splenda from your diet?

chemical badness aside, if you can get used to the lack of sweetness it may be better for you; some people have argued that even sugarfree sweeteners can cause some kind of insulin response in some people, making it harder to lose BF

just a thought...

oh and yams = :thumbup:

muscle chic
04-08-2005, 08:19 PM
any way to drop the splenda from your diet?

chemical badness aside, if you can get used to the lack of sweetness it may be better for you; some people have argued that even sugarfree sweeteners can cause some kind of insulin response in some people, making it harder to lose BF

just a thought...

oh and yams = :thumbup:

Yeah, I could handle it!! Good idea!!

muscle chic
04-09-2005, 07:26 PM
April 9th

1/2 oatmeal, 3 egg whites cooked with sugar free syrup, coffee

Bike ride outdoors 45 min

6oz lean steak, greenbeans, 4 oz yam

pre-gym green apple,4 oz yam

Gym- Legs 45 min cardio

post gym- 1/2 grapejuice 1/2 water with protein powder

salad,4 cherry tomatos, red pepper, cucumber, 3 whites, 3 oz steak, low calorie fat free dressing 2 tbsp= 5 calories

7 egg whites with cinnamon and 2 sugar free jellos

Miss Rezza
04-09-2005, 07:30 PM
how much longer before stepping out onto that stage MC?

muscle chic
04-09-2005, 07:40 PM
how much longer before stepping out onto that stage MC?

10 weeks!!! 10 weeks of the same diet oohhh.... 10 weeks of cardio twice a day!! 10 weeks until I can eat something yummy!!!!

getfit
04-09-2005, 07:46 PM
10 weeks!!! 10 weeks of the same diet oohhh.... 10 weeks of cardio twice a day!! 10 weeks until I can eat something yummy!!!!
hun don't forget loads of pics! :)

Miss Rezza
04-09-2005, 08:17 PM

yeah, but it will be soooooooo worth it!!! :clap:

muscle chic
04-11-2005, 08:04 AM
Oh yeah!! I took pictures in the bikini 10 weeks out. haha these are for my eyes only!! Once I'm in prime shape at the point of the comp I'll post all my cutting pictures for other ladies to see the transformation.

muscle chic
04-11-2005, 08:17 AM
Ok screw it!! Here are a couple fatty 10 week out pics!! I'll post weekly.

Miss Rezza
04-11-2005, 08:26 AM
damn girl!!!

you look awwwesome!! Great definition in your back and delts!!

you're gonna kick ass girl!!

muscle chic
04-11-2005, 08:33 AM
damn girl!!!

you look awwwesome!! Great definition in your back and delts!!

you're gonna kick ass girl!!

TY!! It will be neat to watch the bodyfat come off weekly!!

getfit
04-11-2005, 08:37 AM
you look great MC super! :)

Coke
04-11-2005, 08:42 AM
I like you just the way you are already...looking fantastic - ;)

muscle chic
04-11-2005, 09:05 AM
Ty!! "get fit"
Ty "Cocoa" but this body wont fly for a comp yet!! 10 more weeks!!!

muscle chic
04-11-2005, 08:10 PM
April 11th workout went well !! Diet is right on track!!

TTT
04-11-2005, 10:30 PM
Good to hear!
You're looking awesome, and I hope you do really well at the comp.
So much cardio on so few calories..... must be tons of fun! :)

heathj
04-11-2005, 10:47 PM
looking good. good luck :thumbup:

muscle chic
04-13-2005, 11:02 AM
TY!!

April 13th

Tonight starts meetings for posing every Wed. evening

45 min outdoor bike ride and walk

Cardio at the gym this evening 45 min

Diet is the same

This morning I woke up with a sore throat so hopefully it doesn't turn into anything!!

getfit
04-13-2005, 11:46 AM
your cardio sessions are crazy MC i'd melt away if i was doing so much cardio looking good gf! :D

Built
04-13-2005, 11:48 AM
Great ass.

;)

muscle chic
04-13-2005, 01:14 PM
"getfit" -yeah it is a lot of cardio, but it's interesting that my bf is going down and my weight isn't too much different so keeping the muscle is working.

"Built" TY anyway but that's a better back pic!! Horrible butt pic!! LOL!!

Built
04-13-2005, 01:21 PM
Hey, a woman can tell...

Built
04-13-2005, 01:22 PM
...and I commented to a friend a few minutes ago that your back is really nice and wide, which I ought to share with you.

:)

muscle chic
04-13-2005, 01:32 PM
Thanks, I'm pleased with the progress!!

muscle chic
04-13-2005, 08:36 PM
Posing went well tonight. I have to start working it in daily!!

muscle chic
04-14-2005, 07:16 AM
April 14th

Diet has changed, Meals are still every 2 1/2 to 3 hours Supplements are still the same

1/4 oatmeal 8 whites,1/2 sf syrup

6oz lean meat or fish,2 oz yam and broccli

lettace, red pepper, cucumber, 3oz meat, 3 whites, low calorie dressing

Green apple skin, 4 oz yam,

GYM

1/2 cup grape juice 1/2 cup water and 1 scoop whey protein for recovery

6 whites with a little sf syrup

Total calories is a little under 1600

Cardio twice a day is catching up to me!!!

neartaigh
04-14-2005, 08:18 AM
Green apple skin?

This diet is fascinating.

muscle chic
04-14-2005, 09:10 AM
Green apple skin?

This diet is fascinating.

lol, yeah actually 1/2 the apple but the entire skin for fiber!!

muscle chic
04-14-2005, 10:01 AM
Ok I'm off to the gym and pics are getting taken!! Hopefully they come out well!! I'll post them tonight.

muscle chic
04-14-2005, 03:25 PM
here they are!! I also posted them in Members pics!!

getfit
04-14-2005, 03:26 PM
i'm gonna post here as well ace MC! gorgeous!

muscle chic
04-14-2005, 03:32 PM
Ty!!!

muscle chic
04-14-2005, 04:08 PM
Tricep!! Don't pick on my funny face!!hehe

Coke
04-14-2005, 04:31 PM
I am impressed with your pics, you do indeed look amazing.

getfit
04-14-2005, 04:40 PM
Tricep!! Don't pick on my funny face!!hehe
excellent! you make me wanna start as well hehe! :)

heathj
04-14-2005, 05:29 PM
hot pics :D 9 more weeks to go! good luck!

muscle chic
04-15-2005, 06:49 AM
TY!! "heathj", "CoCoa" and "Get Fit"!!!

April 15th 2005

I have an itchy throat and slept with a stuffy nose all night!! I'm not too bad though!! Today I will be adding Glutamine with the grape juice and water directly after my workouts and then the whey 30 min later.

Last night I jogged a couple miles about 30min

I'll post tonights workout tonight

muscle chic
04-15-2005, 07:00 PM
Ok I went for a morning jog about 30-40min longand did split training in the gym. I'm wiped so no second cardio tonight!! Tired and off to bed at 9 p.m.

JSully
04-15-2005, 09:05 PM
You're leaning out quite nicely.. great side triep pic.

muscle chic
04-16-2005, 07:14 AM
Ty Little Jake!!

Wow 11 1/2 hours of sleep!!! I feel soo good!!

Today will be a.m. jog 30 min.

Diet the same

Legs in the gym

Cardio not sure yet? in the gym or outdoors!!

I finally get to take the Motocycle "Riders edge class"!! Yupee!! I bought myself a white half helmet to go with my white Dyna!! Hopefully it fits, I ordered it through the web. and yes it's DOT. Last summer I rode without a helmet but I think I'll feel safer with one!!I start the class on the 29th and it's two Fridays and two Sundays hopefully I won't be too drained for the class. I'll just have to cut cardio back those days and get extra sleep. I attached a pic for all of you that haven't seen my bike. This pic is from last year

Unholy
04-16-2005, 07:45 AM
Women on bikes, now thats hot :)

muscle chic
04-16-2005, 09:37 AM
Women on bikes, now thats hot :)

LOL!! Yeah I've had men almost get in accidents!!hehe!! Note to men " Don't turn your head all the way around twisting your neck while on a motorcycle"!!LOL Too funny!! :)

midee1
04-16-2005, 11:18 AM
I finally get to take the Motocycle "Riders edge class"!! Yupee!! I bought myself a white half helmet to go with my white Dyna!! Hopefully it fits, I ordered it through the web. and yes it's DOT. Last summer I rode without a helmet but I think I'll feel safer with one!!I start the class on the 29th and it's two Fridays and two Sundays hopefully I won't be too drained for the class. I'll just have to cut cardio back those days and get extra sleep. I attached a pic for all of you that haven't seen my bike. This pic is from last year

:cry: :cry: That makes me miss mine so very bad! :cry: :cry:

muscle chic
04-16-2005, 06:25 PM
:cry: :cry: That makes me miss mine so very bad! :cry: :cry:

Yeah that sucks!! Hugs for you!! :)

muscle chic
04-16-2005, 07:07 PM
April 16th

All went as I posted earlier. I still have my stuffy nose at night!!S@cks!! Anyway I will walk this evening instead of jogging since I'm a bit run down!!

muscle chic
04-17-2005, 06:16 PM
Sunday April 17th

Took the day off!! Very much needed!!

Miss Rezza
04-17-2005, 06:34 PM
Good idea.

Enjoy!

muscle chic
04-18-2005, 07:28 AM
TY!!Miss Rezza

April 18th 2005

a.m. Jog after coffee and 1/4 oatmeal, 8 whites

meal 2- 6 oz lean meat, No more Yam in ths meal, broccli

meal 3- salad,tomato, red pepper, cucumber, 3oz lean meat, 3 whites, low cal dressing

meal 4- PRE GYM- 4 oz yam, 1/2 green apple whole skin

Meal 5- POST GYM-1/4 cup grape juice, water and glutimine
30 min later whey protein with water

Meal 6 -either vegetables(broccli or greenbeans) or egg whites

briancurran01
04-18-2005, 07:58 AM
diet looking awesome mc...

muscle chic
04-18-2005, 10:42 AM
diet looking awesome mc...

Ya know Bri, I used to think the diet was the toughest part but now it's the cardio!!! I'm soo beat from cardio I don't even think about yummy food it's turning in to a task to eat every three hours!! :)

briancurran01
04-18-2005, 10:45 AM
lol...i hear ya...Cardio is a BEAST if you think it is tough on your diet...lol try mine...i just want to fall over

gino
04-19-2005, 07:10 AM
Pics look awesome. You've made some great progress since you started.

muscle chic
04-19-2005, 09:21 AM
TY!! gino

-9weeks and counting until competition time!!

April 19th 2005

I'm not sure if I will jog or bike this morning?
Gym-back and shoulders and cardio again

Last nights cardio was rough on the stair stepper. 1/2 way through my 45 min. I felt shakey like when you drink too much coffee or didn't eat. I had eaten the same as always and no coffee so I don't know what's up. I may go with a lower impact cardio this evening like the good old elliptical or the treadmill. Not sure yet

muscle chic
04-19-2005, 12:34 PM
Morning jog went well!! Now I'm off to bring my son to the icecream parlor on my bicycle. I'll be chewing sugar free fruity gum!! It keeps my sanity.lol !!

Unholy
04-19-2005, 12:45 PM
nice, sugar free hard candy is also very tasty!!!!!!!!!

muscle chic
04-19-2005, 07:30 PM
Yeah but I'm staying away from candy right now. Calorie counting!!

Gym went well- shoulder, back and 45 on the elliptical

Unholy
04-19-2005, 07:36 PM
these suckers are like diet soda almost no calories :)

getfit
04-19-2005, 07:43 PM
these suckers are like diet soda almost no calories :)
remember our girl is competing she has to stay on track and be the best ever which she will be ;)

Unholy
04-19-2005, 08:00 PM
Oh crap, lol almost forgot about the comp!

muscle chic
04-20-2005, 07:28 AM
Yup!! The comp!! I must stay focused !!! Ty anyway "XxHoly"

April 20th

1/4 oatmeal, 8whites, coffee

a.m. jog

6oz steak(lean),2 cups green veges(greenbeans or broccli)

lettace, tomato, red pepper, cucumber, 3 whites, 3 oz lean steak, low cal dressing

pre gym- 4oz yam, apple (green)

GYM- Posing 45 min elliptical ,Abs, chest

Glutimine, 1/4 grape juice and water after lifting but before cardio

30 min later after cardio-whey protein shake

6 whites

muscle chic
04-20-2005, 07:49 PM
Gym went well along with posing

Diet will change to 6 whites in the morning instead of 8. Also the whey shake is being taken out. I will only have six egg whites after the gym.

Miss Rezza
04-20-2005, 09:49 PM
April 20th

1/4 oatmeal, 8whites, coffee

a.m. jog

6oz steak(lean),2 cups green veges(greenbeans or broccli)

lettace, tomato, red pepper, cucumber, 3 whites, 3 oz lean steak, low cal dressing

pre gym- 4oz yam, apple (green)

GYM- Posing 45 min elliptical ,Abs, chest

Glutimine, 1/4 grape juice and water after lifting but before cardio

30 min later after cardio-whey protein shake

6 whites

Surely that's gotta be under 1600cals, no?

I thought you were trying to stay between 1600-1800 MC. or did i miss something (... highly likely).

muscle chic
04-21-2005, 06:39 AM
Surely that's gotta be under 1600cals, no?

I thought you were trying to stay between 1600-1800 MC. or did i miss something (... highly likely).

It's a tad under 1600. Yeah you missed something.lol !!! That was awhile back :)

Coke
04-21-2005, 08:24 AM
Them girls are not gonna like this, lol...you got the posing going on now and the nice diet - ;)

muscle chic
04-21-2005, 05:13 PM
YUP!! CoCoa!!!

April 21.

a.m. jog 45 min before breakfast

gym- legs, chest 45 min elliptical

I'm getting my routine put together by a lady that's helping me out so I should be learning that by next week. I remember all the poses as of now. Come comp day I hope I don't draw a blank!!lol!!

Miss Rezza
04-21-2005, 06:40 PM
It's a tad under 1600. Yeah you missed something.lol !!! That was awhile back :)

:redface: oopsy! my bad!!

lol

muscle chic
04-22-2005, 07:51 PM
April 22

No a.m cardio (Too Tired) I did well at the gym though!! Worked chest, back and shoulders along with 30min cardio on the elliptical. I'll be making this up over the weekend. Diet stayed the same but I'm able to have sf jello and coolwhip when I feel the need. Well tonight was the night!! I actually made my six egg whites with coolwhip and cinnamon !!Yummy !!Also two sf jellos!! This is about as naughty as I can get for the next 8 weeks.

Dedicated
04-23-2005, 09:42 AM
Nice journal. Looks like you are very dedicated and consistent. It's great to see a female who lifts weights, I workout at home so I don't know any females who lift. I think it's really great that you are conscious of your health and your body. Keep at it!

foxy38
04-23-2005, 08:02 PM
Great job MC!!

Guido
04-25-2005, 10:20 AM
Mmmmm. Cool whip and jello... I don't think I'd mind that diet, just keep that discipline you've been showing through this next 8 weeks and you'll be set. Keep sending us pics of your progress as you work through this cut, aight?

muscle chic
04-25-2005, 08:16 PM
Ok!! I took the weekend off and ate peanuts and bran flakes. Doesn't sound too bad but for this cut it doesn't fly. My diet is going to change a bit as I'm adding in some high fiber 13 grams per serving.The oats were not cutting it. I need more fiber!!! Going every few days is getting a bit uncomfortable. I'm irritated with myself for the weekend diet but I think I can pull myself back on track. I've come too far to turn back now!! I was doing fine until I added steak in to my diet. I don't think it digests very well. Steak is coming out and fish and chicken will stay along with some shrimp with mustard and horseradish sauce.

muscle chic
04-26-2005, 11:59 AM
April 26th On Track!!!

a.m. jog 30 min ( feeling like I'm retaining water from the weekend)

1/2 cup fiber one (sugar free) 4 whites
coffee
1 cup Go Lean cereal 6 grams sugar (This is only today so I'm back on track with fiber)

6oz chicken breast grilled
1 cup greenbeans (broccli is now out of diet-Too gassy)

lettace, red pepper(will be changed to green less sugars), cucumber, 6 oz swordfish,low cal dressing(5 calories)

pre gym- 4oz yam No apple due to Go Lean this a.m.

post gym- glutamine and whey (either grape juice or 1/2 apple for muscle recovery)

Possible egg whites?

getfit
04-26-2005, 12:15 PM
not that far away now MC! just think once it's over you can enjoy some ice-cream :p ;)

muscle chic
04-28-2005, 06:58 AM
YUP!! "Get Fit"

April 28th 2005

Yesterday it rained so no a.m. cardio. 50min on the stairstepper at the gym in the p.m.
legs-squats 130pounds - 4 sets of 12
lunges-50 pounds- 3 sets of ten
hamstring- 60 pounds-4 sets of 10
leg ext-165pounds- 5 sets of10
calves-90 pounds- 3 sets

practiced posing- getting there but still rusty!!

Today will be:

Meal#1
1/2 cup fiber one=60 calories 8 whites=136 calories coffee creamer= 40 calories

Meal#2
2 cups greenbeans=90 calories 6oz cod=180 calories
fish supplement-10calories
flax-10calories
CLA=30calories
C
E
Glucosomine
Calcium
Potassium

Meal#3
lettace=40calories tomato= 30calories red pepper =40 calories cucumber=20 calories dressing=5calories 6oz chicken breast=300 calories

Meal#4 PRE GYM

4 oz yam=150calories
apple outside only=20calories

Meal#5 POST GYM

8 whites=136 calories syrup=20calories

Calories have been reduced by over 100

muscle chic
04-29-2005, 06:17 AM
April 29th

Up early this a.m. since I have to fit in two 45min of cardio and weight training before 5p.m. Tonight I start the riders education class to get my motorcycle license. It's two Fridays from 6-9:30p.m. and Two Sundays 8 a.m.-4p.m.

Schedule for today:

1/2 cup fiber one, 6 whites, coffee

45min cardio jog at 9 a.m.

6oz cod, 2 cup greenbeans

salad with chicken

PRE GYM- 4 oz yam, outside of apple(green)

back and shoulders and 45 min elliptical ( energy will be gone for the stair stepper)

Post Gym- 6 egg whites, glutamine( cooked and brought with me to the gym)

Off to Motorcycle Class

Coke
04-29-2005, 06:30 AM
Wow, doing 45 minutes of cardio twice is serious - ;) ...posing is a you know what, good luck on smoothing it out.

muscle chic
04-30-2005, 06:08 AM
Sunday April 30th

I didn't get in my second 45min of cardio yesterday but I did one along with back and shoulders. I had a headache through most of the motorcycle class. I have to back to tommorow at 7:30 a.m. meaning I need extra sleep tonight sice I'll have to get up at 5:30 a.m.

Today I'll be meeting with a trainer that helps bodybuilders get ready for competitions and he will be looking at my over all apperance and diet. 7 weeks and counting down doesn't leave too much time!!

8 a.m.-coffee, 1/2 cup fiber one, 6 egg whites

10:30 a.m.-Pre gym- 4 oz yam, outside of green apple

2p.m.-Post gym- salad with chicken and glutamine ( no more recovery drink)

5p.m.-2 cups green beans, chicken breast

8p.m.- six egg white omlette w/sf syrup

muscle chic
04-30-2005, 01:35 PM
Ok!! Yam is now out of the diet. I will only take in carbs right before weight training. This will be 1 very small green apple and 1/4 cup fiber 1. Today wasn't too bad, the trainer that took a look at me said my over all muscle is very good and cutting the carbs will be ok. I won't lose much muscle doing this. I guess this is the good old Carb depletion time!! I'll be a zombie for the next 7 weeks. As an outlook on my own part I'm only feeling negative about my belly since I've had children and have stretch marks. I will be going in for tummy tuck over the next winter. I'd like to see all the results I've worked soo hard for!! I'm holding a pocket of extra fat on my right side and I'm hoping it will go during the next few weeks. We'll see I guess!!

Motorcycle class-

This class is kind of at a bad time but I'm taking it anyway. Tommorow I have to be there very early and I'll be packing all my meals to bring with me.

getfit
04-30-2005, 01:44 PM
i'm sure everything will come along fine MC you're doing great :)

Built
04-30-2005, 01:45 PM
Riding is such a blast, though!

You hang in there girlie. You're giving me the strength to keep dieting when I REALLY don't have any reason to except my own curiosity as to what my legs can lean out to look like (for your it's your tummy, for me, it's the leggies).

It's gonna be a long seven weeks, but it's LESS THAN TWO MONTHS! And you're going to look so smokin' hot it's gonna be insane.

muscle chic
04-30-2005, 05:27 PM
Ty!! Ladies!! I keep telling myself "Only seven more weeks" lol It's not just the diet that hard it's the time and dedication I have to put in to it. I don't neglect my home so I'm always tired and cranky!!lol!! If my husband eats peanuts in front of me It can be irritating. I feel he's trying to sabatoge my diet at times!!lol!! If I want to cheat he'll be like "Ok" !! hehe!! I have to stay strong and motivated!!

muscle chic
05-03-2005, 05:52 AM
UPDATE!!

May 3 2005

I've decided to wait until the fall to do a show. I'm feeling too rushed right now, learning posing, my routine isn't done yet, have to pick up music, ect..............I know by Oct. I'll be much better at all that I'm learning and I'll feel much more confident up on stage. I've felt very stressed lately and I need to be in a good mental condition for the show!! I'll still be sticking to the diet for the most part but I'll add back in my protein shake and yams. The worst I'll probably do is salad bar with beans at Ruby Tuesdays and maybe some frozen yogurt over the summer. Drinks will be kept to a minimum. I want to try and build my legs a bit more in the next few months. I'll do legs twice a week and only one 45min cardio session instead of two. I'll start the cut again 12 weeks out from the next show.

Unholy
05-03-2005, 10:46 AM
Take your time and do it right. Im sure you will knock em dead in Oct, thats way more time to prepare.

Built
05-03-2005, 10:48 AM
Good girl MC - you want to go on confident and really, really READY.

I know this must have been a hard decision for you, but I really believe you'll be happier with the result and feel more confident going in.

<big hug>

Doesn't leave you off the hook for progress pix, though.

:)

Coke
05-03-2005, 11:10 AM
Best of luck with this new plan - looks like its the right thing to do since you felt out of sync with the earlier show.

muscle chic
05-04-2005, 08:09 AM
Ty everyone!!

I know I'll be better off in the fall. I'll be more confident and that's what I need up on stage!! I would rather learn my routine and have the posing down before I'm carb depleted and tired. This has been rough. My day looked something like this: Get up at 8a.m. have my daughter to school by 8:30a.m. come back home and do laundry, dishes, vaccum ect. Check on all my pets. Pay bills and phone calls. Now I also had to fit in a jog in the morning. By the time I was done with all this the kids were home from school. Go over homework and make the kids a snack. Off to the gym. After the gym I would come home and make lunches for the next day, take a shower and go to bed. This wasn't too bad but when I'd try and fit an apt. in or the motorcycle class forget it I was a zombie!!! I think I'll be much better conditioned by fall by not being under soo much stress!!

"BUILT" Don't worry, I'll still post pics!! LOL!!

lilmase1153
05-04-2005, 06:53 PM
damn your schedule sounds crazy MC you really are a trooper for doing what you do... good luck on your training for the show in the fall

muscle chic
05-08-2005, 04:14 AM
Yup!! Crazy schedule!!

Today is the last day of the "riders Edge" class!! I took a week off from the gym since life has overwhelmed me with responsibilities. Anyway I'll be back tommorow and not looking soo vascular since lots of "carbs" entered my diet in the past week. Today my diet will be back to "almost" normal for clean calories. I'll be in class from 7:30-4 or 5p.m. This morning was coffee and a whole grain english muffin with sf jelly and coffee. As for lunch I'm not sure yet.