PDA

View Full Version : My Journal

IrideVolks
02-24-2005, 09:10 PM
ok. so here I go.
my weight before i started working out was 130. I have been working out for a little over a year now. My current weight is 155.I am wanting bigger gains so i need to make a jornal to keep things in order and to progress. I am 17 years old. I do not know my body fat.
max bench then= 125 Max bench now=210 its kinda stuck there
Max Squat=never max just do lots of reps. with 210
dont really know all my maxes except bench. oh yea and hammer curl 35 lb dumbells.
today was chest and shoulder day.
FLAT Bench
1st 10 reps=135lbs
2nd 8=155
(I jump quick) 3rd=5 reps of 185
4=2 of 205
then i go back down just like i came up like a pyramid

Incline
3 sets of 8=135

Peck Fliies
3 sets of 10=35 lb dumbells

Cable Crossover

SHOULDERS
Shoulder ShruggZ- 1st set of ten=135
2nd and 3rd set of 8=185

Military Press- 3 sets of 10= 135

Shrugs with the Dumbells=3 sets of 10=60 lb in each hand

RUN ON TREAD for 5 minute sprint

Meal 1=peanut butter toast and a water

Meal 2=varies since im in high school it is hard to get healthy food but today i ate turkey sandwhich with myoplex bar

Meal 3=Penaut butter sandwhich and Myoplex bar

Meal 4= 5 egg omlet with penut butter sandwhich and 1 scoop of cell tech and 2 scoops of whey protein.

IrideVolks
02-24-2005, 09:20 PM
BTW just ran out of tuNa...gotta load back up tomorrow.

jazer80
02-25-2005, 08:39 AM
okay i couldn't find a pic of you, and i gotta get some more info on your goals. do you want to be losing weight/cutting or gaining muscle/bulking? please don't say both, you won't get nearly as far unless you choose one or the other. also i noticed you mentioned you were stuck on your bench press. are you plateauing in terms of strength or size gains? if it's just strenght you're plateauing in, i'd like to know how much you know about bench pressing. if you just know the basics, i can tell you how to put up higher numbers, not necessarily through getting stronger, but through approaching the lift different ways.

other things i noticed: you may want to increase your daily meals, whether you are cutting or bulking. also break down your workout into what days you do what, give me a typical description of every workout day. you didn't really mention how a leg day goes, i consider my leg days among the most important of the week. also where did you get your routine/how long have you been on it? you may want to consider trying this site's signature routine, wannabebig #1, i put a link to it below. sometimes getting through a plateau is as simple as swithcing up your routine. also check your pm's again.

http://www.wannabebig.com/archive.php?catid=4

IrideVolks
02-25-2005, 12:50 PM
okay i couldn't find a pic of you, and i gotta get some more info on your goals. do you want to be losing weight/cutting or gaining muscle/bulking? please don't say both, you won't get nearly as far unless you choose one or the other. also i noticed you mentioned you were stuck on your bench press. are you plateauing in terms of strength or size gains? if it's just strenght you're plateauing in, i'd like to know how much you know about bench pressing. if you just know the basics, i can tell you how to put up higher numbers, not necessarily through getting stronger, but through approaching the lift different ways.

other things i noticed: you may want to increase your daily meals, whether you are cutting or bulking. also break down your workout into what days you do what, give me a typical description of every workout day. you didn't really mention how a leg day goes, i consider my leg days among the most important of the week. also where did you get your routine/how long have you been on it? you may want to consider trying this site's signature routine, wannabebig #1, i put a link to it below. sometimes getting through a plateau is as simple as swithcing up your routine. also check your pm's again.

http://www.wannabebig.com/archive.php?catid=4

Well I am bulking and gaining muscle. It is hard for me to increase my meals because im only able to eat 1 time during school. I eat once in the morning,Lunch at school,when i get home i scrub some food up,then at about 8. Thats like as much as I can possibly do. Also remember 5 out of 7 of these days i go to school from 7:30a till 2:30p then go Strait from school to the gym and work out for only an hour cuz thats all i have. THEN have to be at work at 5. So my schedule is always maxed out to the T. It is really hard for me to eat 5 times a day actually impossible. lol. So i do what i possibly can and eat between these times. BUT when i do eat i eat till i almost throw up.
Then i am off on weekends most likely so i eat my 5 meals in those 2 days...I am at school right now but after this i am going to the gym and It is LEGS. Ill post the workout when i get home from working out. Dont have to work today either so im good for stuffing my face. By The Way i have a book called Get The Pump and it shows what these major body builders eat. Well one of the guys meal 4 is like 2 big macs, 1 fish fillet, and a large french fri..I was like WTF that is bad food. But i guess it gives him bulk or something i dont know tell me what is up with that. I know a good bit about Benching because 1. I took a weightlifting class my sophmoore year and 2.my dad is into bodybuilding and knows what he is talking about so he showed me some tips. And 3. just people in the gym helping me. But i actually dont think im stuck on the weight im pushing. I just most of the time rep out instead of Max out because I feel i get better gains from that. But my weight in those reps are not changing so Im assuming it is pretty much the same Max.....Last time I maxed out was a week ago and it was the same since a month. i think i need to give my chest like a week of break and then go in and max out and i bet it will increase. Maybe? i dont know..I kind of created my own routine. I just thought as long as I am Isolating then it doesnt matter. Just sounds Logic. I will switch it up in like 3 more weeks. so Yea here is the Picture of me about 2 weeks ago. http://www.wannabebigforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=15151 Tell me what you think

Focused70
02-25-2005, 01:23 PM
You need to find a way to eat more quality foods and increase your caloric intake; peanut butter toast and water just won't cut it for breakfast. Read the sticky on what a bodybuilder eats in the nutrition forum and do a search on the site.

You seem to have a good base to build from; good luck in reaching your goals.

Stash

IrideVolks
02-25-2005, 04:05 PM
thanx man. Yea there is one problem with breakfast....that is time. I walk out and try to make something that i can drive and eat at the same time
so i eat stuff like that because I am in a hurry.:eek: and what is wrong with water????

IrideVolks
02-26-2005, 12:24 AM
ok so today was legs...here is my leg routine???
one of my big goals is to get my legs = with my upperbody.
p.s.-Dont hate on the Weight. lol
Squat
1st set 10 reps=135
2nd set 8 reps= 185
3rd set 5 reps= 205
then go back up....yea

Leg Press
5 sets of 15 little rest

Leg curls
5 sets of 15 little rest

Leg Extensions
3 sets of 10-15 reps

sit down calf machine(dont know what its called) 5 sets of 10- 45 second rest...I do 25 pushups in this rest period becuase i like to sweat and get pumped

Calf Raises
3 sets of 10

Then I go run on Tread for 5 min Sprint.

IrideVolks
02-27-2005, 06:46 PM
its the weekend which means i take 2 days off so yea. Ill start back tomorrow.
i dont know how many calories i roughly eat a day but i should take note now. So drinking 2 protien shakes a day everyday is ok?????