PDA

View Full Version : My 12 week journey to leaness starting with PSMF

Chris Miller
02-25-2005, 07:00 PM
To help track my progress I am going to keep a log here. I have decided to do a PSMF to get me started in the right direction. I am going to go back 4 days when I started the PSMF and post my info for each day to keep track.

My goal is to lose as much bodyfat as possible before summer, and add a little lean muscle after. Wish me luck!

Currently: (2/22/05)

Height: 5' 11"
Weight: 196
Est. BF%: 23

And attached is my diet for the day.

Those interested in viewing my diet logs, will need Adobe Acrobat Reader (http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html)

http://www.adobe.com/images/get_adobe_reader.gif (http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html)

Chris Miller
02-25-2005, 07:00 PM
Here is my diet for today.

Today's Stats:

Weight: 196

Chris Miller
02-25-2005, 07:02 PM
Diet for the day attached.

I did a full body workout tonight and tried to hit every body part. My lifting was nowhere near what it normally is because of the lack of carbs.

I don't plan to keep track of lifting, and muscle in this log since the bigger goal is to lose weight. I will be posting measurements and weight to track my weight / fat loss though.

Today's Stats:

Weight: 195

Chris Miller
02-25-2005, 07:03 PM
And the diet for today (which is actually TODAY :) ) Now that I am caught up on posting the diet for each day, I will try to keep track of everything in the coming days.

Todays stats:

Weight: 191

briancurran01
02-25-2005, 07:14 PM
good luck with the psmf man...sorry i did not reply to your pm..have had some personal stuff going on If you still have questions let me know

briancurran01
02-25-2005, 07:16 PM
one thing i see from looking at your log already is too many calories to be a psmf...a psmf diet is basicly 1g of protein per lbm...usually around 600-800 calories a day.

that is what i was eating and I weigh around 230. so you should be taking in far less calories to do a true psmf

Chris Miller
02-25-2005, 07:18 PM
Thanks!

No worries on getting back to me. I think anyone interested in this should read Lyle's booklet anyway so that's what I did.

If I hit any hurdles i'll be sure to get in touch with you.

Chris Miller
02-25-2005, 07:22 PM
Thanks for the feedback on that. It seemed a bit high to me as well but then again I wasn't using the best foods to get my protein. I have a whole bunch of chicken grilled up now and plan to get those calories down some.

Someone over on Lyle's site was saying it didnt matter how many calories as long as it is well below maintenance. I don't know if there is much truth to that (I couldn't find a straight answer on calories in the book only general guidelines) but I am at about 1000 calories below maint on most days.

Either way I am going to try to improve on that. If you have a chance to stop in every once in a while and critique, it would be appreciated!

briancurran01
02-25-2005, 07:29 PM
sure i will keep checking on your progress. and give any help i can :) i am taking a short break from the psmf for a while. UI been dieting for so long...i will probably return to it...but i need a change for a while.

Chris Miller
02-26-2005, 04:53 PM
Today's Stats:

Weight: 190.5
Mood: Great - Lots of energy

Diet attached. I'm playing around with less calories, and the only way I seen to do it is with the protein shakes and isopure. Chicken seems to have way too many calories unless fitday is calculating wrong. I wanted to be closer to 800 but I don't know how I can pull that off since protein carries 4 kcal per gram and I need 188 grams of protein. I would almost need a pure protein source and chicken doesnt seem to be it because of the fat.

I'm going to do some more research though. I am obviously missing something.

briancurran01
02-26-2005, 05:11 PM
all i ate on psmf was chicken, and tuna fish, and had some nitrean. and i ended up somewhere around 800 i believe i will need to check to be sure

Chris Miller
02-26-2005, 06:03 PM
Did you keep track of your PSMF here on WBB? I'm going to look and see.......

Chris Miller
02-26-2005, 06:03 PM
Bah, nevermind - took 2 clicks to find :)

Chris Miller
02-27-2005, 09:16 AM
Today's Stats:

Weight: 188
Mood: Still feeling great. Slightly lower energy as with any low carb, but nothing too bad.

Will edit and post diet tonight

rookiebldr
02-27-2005, 10:47 AM
Good luck with the diet. Will we be seeing some workouts as well?

smalls
02-27-2005, 11:23 AM
I would keep your calories where there are for now. If your really doing this for 12 weeks I would say you have plenty of time to get into true psmf. No need to jump directly into 600 cals.

Chris Miller
02-27-2005, 06:03 PM
Well I made this evening my free meal. I am a category 2 according to Lyle's PSMF terms so I am supposed to take 2 per week but I think I am going to stick to 1. Unfortunately I went to applebee's and had Fajitas thinking the nutrition info was listed on their site but it's not, and I have no way of getting it.

With that being said, here is the partial days diet before the Fajitas. I did try to be smart about it and had water instead of soda, and I avoided the sour cream but I am a little mad about not having access to the nutrition info. I wanted to keep track of things as much as possible.

Rookiebldr:

I won't be posting details on my workouts but I will be doing full body workouts a couple times per week. I just don't think there is a point in going into the details since I probably have no chance of seeing gains. The goal is to just keep as much muscle as possible and get the fat off. :)

Chris Miller
02-28-2005, 10:06 AM
Today's Stats:

Weight: 188
Mood: I feel good as usual :)

I really expected to weigh a little more today after all the carbs last night, but I stayed at 188 so I wont argue with that!

I am back on the PSMF today and will be hitting the gym tonight for a full body workout and then about 30 mins of cardio.

Chris Miller
03-09-2005, 11:47 AM
Quick note to anyone following this thread - My business has picked up as of lately and to keep a clear mind and function correctly, I had to put the PSMF on hold. My goal is still the same though so I will be hitting the gym 4x per week and eating a normal diet without all the fast food and other junk I used to eat. Hopefully I will be able to do a PSMF again before long.