PDA

View Full Version : junkfood brought in at work

jbarba
02-25-2005, 07:47 PM
I am usually fairly disciplined when it comes to my diet. I am not perfect but I eat pretty good because I use some common sense. For example I never have any junky food in my apartment. I always keep good healthy food in there. Also when I take lunch at work I usually go to either subway or el pollo loco (flame broiled chicken). But here is my downfall. i work with a bunch of fatasses! Today there were 7 boxes of kripy kremes at work. I ate 7 donuts and had to fight myself from eating 8,9 or 10. It is just a constant barrage of junkfood at least 2 days a week something is brought in by somebody. The worst part is that the food is placed only a few feet from my desk. I have complained about this before but they tell me "you dont have to eat the food" and of course they are right but my will power only extends so far. Does anyone else have this problem? Anybody have any suggestions as to how to deal with it? This is really frying me because I am cutting right now and I want to lose my last 12 pounds and this just aint happening and I believe this is the reason.

TTT
02-25-2005, 07:57 PM
Just keep at it. Think of how much better you'll feel once you've finished your cut and those guys are still sitting there, stuffing themselves with donuts :)
Good luck man.

jbarba
02-25-2005, 08:00 PM
thanks man i appreciate it. i am seriously the only guy out of like the 20 people that I work with that is in better than average shape. Most of these peope are just fat and the ACCUSE ME OF LACKING WILL POWER!!!!! I know I ate 7 goddamn donuts today but at least i am not a fat ass.

fen2zla
02-25-2005, 08:11 PM
Don't stress it. Consider it a cheat day. It's pretty hard to resist those Krispy Kreme donut's. :)

jbarba
02-25-2005, 08:14 PM
yea your right but next time one of the fatasses brings something in I am going to use those 4 muscles to extend my arm and bitchslap them!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TTT
02-25-2005, 08:23 PM
Hehe. Well, you can try even harder to prove to them just who the ones lacking willpower are...

Do you keep a bottle of water on your desk? Also try chewing some gum, I think that helps some people quit smoking too, so it should be good for avoiding food :)

jbarba
02-25-2005, 08:28 PM
thanks for the suggestions. I will get some gum to keep in my desk asap. The watercooler is close and i try to visit it quite often. The gum idea actually sounds pretty good.

Shao-LiN
02-25-2005, 09:33 PM
thanks man i appreciate it. i am seriously the only guy out of like the 20 people that I work with that is in better than average shape. Most of these peope are just fat and the ACCUSE ME OF LACKING WILL POWER!!!!! I know I ate 7 goddamn donuts today but at least i am not a fat ass.

I'll say it, if only to motivate you more. You do lack will power. Man up and don't eat the donuts.

TheGimp
02-25-2005, 09:35 PM
The gum's a good idea. Also just take a look at your workmates and consider how much you don't want to end up like them. IMO that's all the motivation you should need :)

Teh BDK
02-26-2005, 12:55 AM
Every once in a while someone will bring donuts and I have no problem avoiding them.

Pizza is another story. If a large double pep enters the room you'd better put me in a straight jacket.

Optimum08
02-26-2005, 01:06 AM
haha at BDK...donuts are quite delicious...water and gum (like they said above) should combat those urges...and u don't wanna end up like them do u?

dissipate
02-26-2005, 03:40 AM
my kitchen contains a mixture of healthy and unhealthy food all the time and i find that i am 100 times more tempted to eat the unhealthy food if i've taken a bite already or if i don't have healthy snack food lying around. i experimented last week by buying a packet of corn crispbread and eating it when i was feeling munchy instead of not eating at all or taking just a glass or water, or just taking a small bite of the unhealthy food.

it worked and i haven't eaten any of those biscuits so far. perhaps it'd help if you brought healthy, delicious snacks to work... and brainwash yourself :P "oh man these corn thins are so fabulously crunchy and delicious! AND superbly healthy as well! i'm going to get big and strong on this. spinach and popeye. those donuts rotting over there are absolutely DISGUSTING. look at the fatasses eating them... YUK! i don't want to look like that!! all my YEARS of hard work will go down the drain. all the sugar is going to give me an insulin spike and i'm going to feel exhausted and nauseous if i eat that. the bad fats in those awful things are going to clog up my blood vessels and make me feel sick!"